Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep (2085 Views)

Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures) / Ray Fish Caught Near The God's Island, Ibeno In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep by ask4bk(m): 9:52pm On May 26, 2023
lilsamzy:

Good to know. Also went for the roam plan hoping to get good speeds Mtn don frustrate my life
As long as many for your state or area never enter starlink, on roam you'll get high speed like standard residential people.
But once residential owners are plenty and the area is saturated, they'll get higher Internet compared to us.

I'm happy sha I'm in Abuja and getting high speed with roam.
I use it mainly in a deep rural forest in Niger state and get 250mbps there with roam. Nobody get starlink there πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep by Acidosis(m): 1:19pm On May 27, 2023
ask4bk:

Ah ? 5??
Not even 20mbps?

For 10mbps, I have to pay 20k per month. It doesn't make sense since I don't use many devices so I'd rather manage the 5 like that. It's unlimited and unmetered.

Elon Musk no go see my shi-shi whether na Starlink or Twitter Blue grin
Re: My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep by ask4bk(m): 1:01pm On May 29, 2023
Acidosis:

For 10mbps, I have to pay 20k per month. It doesn't make sense since I don't use many devices so I'd rather manage the 5 like that. It's unlimited and unmetered.

Elon Musk no go see my shi-shi whether na Starlink or Twitter Blue grin
You live in town, so it's not for you.
Starlink is for rural places with no network like for us.
Sadly for you people in town you get very far little value of Internet than we using starlink in rural places.
Imagine getting a mere 10mbps for 20k when additional 10k on that gives you 250mbps on starlink. People paying for higher speeds to equal starlink will have to spit out about 150k on fibre optic network

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep by lilsamzy(m): 10:36pm On May 30, 2023
ask4bk:

As long as many for your state or area never enter starlink, on roam you'll get high speed like standard residential people.
But once residential owners are plenty and the area is saturated, they'll get higher Internet compared to us.

I'm happy sha I'm in Abuja and getting high speed with roam.
I use it mainly in a deep rural forest in Niger state and get 250mbps there with roam. Nobody get starlink there πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep by nokspos: 4:37am On Dec 01, 2023
omo! i duff my hat for you
ask4bk:

We are a group of missionaries who try to bring civilisation and education to thousands of villagers. A work that government can't do for her rural people.

We teach children and adults how to speak and write hausa first, then how to read and write English. We pray with them and teach them our Christian faith too, but not compulsory since a majority are Muslims or people with no religion.

We don't gain from them. We are helping them and supported by people who think of supporting us with funds to do the work in these rural places for these people.

Yes, our life are at risk at times, but it's the cross we've to bear to help these people.
Re: My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep by frank155(m): 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2023
Update? Did the service improve or degrade.
Re: My Starlink Nigeria Working In Most Rural Place Of Niger State, Near Benin Rep by Konquest: 12:11pm On Jan 13
ask4bk:
Before now, we don't have Internet at all. We have only mtn 2g that comes with only 1 bar.
It's so rural and remote with no road for hours that network providers decided they can never come in there for the villagers.

Here i am now... Thanks to starlink, I now browse on very good speed.

I am using the RV service (recreational) which means I can use it anywhere in Nigeria and in future, anywhere in Africa without changing service address like those using fixed residential service.
RV costs $53 while normal residential costs $43 in Nigeria.
RV can pause their payment but residential can never stop starlink from charging them whether they use it on not except they cancel their service totally or empty their bank balance.

Disadvantage with RV is that you get slower speeds compared to residential fixed people. You see I'm getting 60mbps while residential people get over 150mbps.

But I don't care. Even 10mbps is enough to stream Netflix on full HD. It's more than I need.

Lastly, I see many comparing starlink to their 5g or fibre in cities. Let it be made clear that STARLINK IS NOT FOR CITIES BUT FOR REMOTE AND RURAL AREAS
Starlink didn't do their service to compete with providers in cities. Even their site clearly says its for remote and rural areas.
But as per se, in Nigeria even our city internet providers are epileptic, that's why many are using it in Lagos and Abuja which shows that our networks are bad.

Men, thank you so much Elon musk for giving us this rare opportunity.

I can't believe I'm in a rural place, 4 hours from nearest civilisation, and I'm having high speed Internet. grin😍
Bump.
Indeed, that's very impressive. The boundaries of communication via satellite technology have truly been broken. There's no more excuse for being an underachiever country or person when technologies such as this are used to leapfrog into a new economic era of global competitiveness.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017 JAMB CBT ANSWERS TO ALL SUBJECTS / REAL JAMB RUNS AND EXPO / Hole To Hell: Checkout The World’s Deepest Hole Where Dead Souls Were Heard Cryi / Mega Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.