Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,789 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1935 Views)

My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words / The Father Of My 2 Kids Took Them Away From Me Unlawfully, Deceitfully / Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2023

Re: . by VeryWickedMan: 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2023
Snap the gen

Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Snap the gen
Re: . by VeryWickedMan: 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

This gen is not 2.5kva. Just divide what they tell you by 3 which is around 833VA. Expect a lower rating if the gen has undergone critical repairs like piston & rings in the past.

So, 833VA = 666 watts

I can see 90W on that fridge and refrigerators use up to x6 of their rating to startup.

90W x 6 = 540 watts
Can you see why that generator cannot start it?

To be absolutely sure use a newer Sumec Firman 2.5kva to power it and see for yourself.

My consultation fee is $2m.

24 Likes

Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
VeryWickedMan:

This gen is not 2.5kva. Just divide what they tell you by 3 which is around 833VA. Expect a lower rating if the gen has undergone critical repairs like piston & rings in the past.

So, 833VA = 666 watts

I can see 90W on that fridge and refrigerators use up to x6 of their rating to startup.

90W x 6 = 540 watts
Can you see why that generator cannot start it?

To be absolutely sure use a newer Sumec Firman 2.5kva to power it and see for yourself.

My consultation fee is $2m.

The gen powered a 1HP pumping machine tonight.
Re: . by VeryWickedMan: 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

Carry the fridge to the nearest Mountain of Fire Ministries ASAP. I don't need consultation fee anymore.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
VeryWickedMan:

Carry the fridge to the nearest Mountain of Fire Ministries ASAP. I don't need consultation fee anymore.

I also regularly use this iron with it (tonight also).

Re: . by VeryWickedMan: 11:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

Oga free me.

18 Likes

Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
VeryWickedMan:

Oga free me.

You're a very wicked man.

20 Likes

Re: . by ikeno(m): 1:19am On Feb 12, 2023
It will power the fridge but the load will be too much for the gen to handle;the sound of the gen will change and the gen may be vibrating which may lead to worn out piston resulting to smoking of the gen even damaging the coil.

1 Like

Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:35am On Feb 12, 2023
ikeno:
It will power the fridge but the load will be too much for the gen to handle;the sound of the gen will change and the gen may be vibrating which may lead to worn out piston resulting to smoking of the gen even damaging the coil.

Yes. Gen vibrates with iron or pumping machine.
But sound changes with any appliance added like fan, or just more load. But I heard these are normal.

Does that mean these appliances are beyond it?

I was thinking reducing the level of the fridge to 0 since starting current is the biggest issue.
Re: . by Sikay19(m): 8:15am On Feb 12, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

You just called him his name 😂😂

4 Likes

Re: . by PPIA: 9:29am On Feb 12, 2023
F
Re: . by PPIA: 9:35am On Feb 12, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

That Iron is not up to 1000 watt.

All these Chinese people with inflating the value of a devices power rating just to sell.
Re: . by Johnchrix(m): 9:55am On Feb 12, 2023
Get a 3.5 kva gen rather
Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2023
Johnchrix:
Get a 3.5 kva gen rather

No I've given out the fridge.
Please what do I look for in my next fridge/freezer that can be carried by the generator?
Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:13am On Feb 12, 2023
PPIA:

That Iron is not up to 1000 watt.

All these Chinese people with inflating the value of a devices power rating just to sell.

Appreciate your input brother.

But I have a problem with giving wrong directives or suggestions that could alter the course of one's life forever.

Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:51am On Feb 12, 2023
The problem was that I was running the generator on full choke.

Once I ran it at half choke, it comfortably carried the fridge.

To be sure the calculation was correct, I also powered the iron concurrently.

So on full choke, the 2.5kva generator could only power the iron. But on half choke, it powered both iron and fridge concurrently with a minimal change in sound.

Ikeno, thank you for your input.

2 Likes

Re: . by Oksman(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:
This specs.

I've now given the fridge to family, but want to buy a smaller one that can be powered by this 2.5kva.

Please can anyone explain why the gen couldn't do this?

Generator powers 1HP pumping machine.
Re: . by Oksman(m): 12:27pm On Feb 12, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:
This specs.

I've now given the fridge to family, but want to buy a smaller one that can be powered by this 2.5kva.

Please can anyone explain why the gen couldn't do this?

Generator powers 1HP pumping machine.

The refrigerator relay or condenser (capacitor) is bad. Why not contact a tech to change it. It doesn't cost that much. Does it work on public supply? If it does, then it's not the relay but an over rated gen set.

2 Likes

Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Oksman:

The refrigerator relay or condenser (capacitor) is bad. Why not contact a tech to change it. It doesn't cost that much. Does it work on public supply? If it does, then it's not the relay but an over rated gen set.

Works on NEPA.

Cannot be an overrated gen set when it powers two appliances that are more powerful than fridge.
Re: . by marceeesty(m): 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
Lol, it is very possible that it can carry your iron but can't take ur fridge for so many reasons. I will state few; is tge fridge brand new? If not, it is possible the compressor has been worked on and you are prolly enjoying super chilling fridge whose compressor power is now higher.

2. The compressor power rating can sometimes be found independent from the data label on tge fridge, most fridges come with 3 different power ratings hence the total consumption can be gotten by summing it all together.

3. Power factor of your gen, if ur gen produces more of reactive power and I am kinda sure it does your fridge will find it hard to start hence making it look like the gen can't carry your fridge, this effect is due to ur gen coil, avr and capacitor, it can be corrected by calculating the value of the needed capacitor.

NB: That you gen is not 2.5kVA. Highest obtainable watt is within 1.2 -1.5kW

1 Like

Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:11pm On Feb 12, 2023
marceeesty:

NB: That you gen is not 2.5kVA. Highest obtainable watt is within 1.2 -1.5kW

Why do you think the gen is of lower capacity, when I powered both fridge and iron simultaneously?
Re: . by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 omo they guy brutal
Re: . by Nicepoker(m): 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

1hp is just 1.243kva. your gen is 2.5kva tellus why it won't carry the pump. But that gen is not 2.5kva. 1kva= 1,000w. And the fridge is just 90w.
Re: . by marceeesty(m): 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

Why do you think the gen is of lower capacity, when I powered both fridge and iron simultaneously?

I don't think so sir, I know so, kindly snap the gen data label, the rated power output is what I am interested in not the model number.
Re: . by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:42am On Feb 13, 2023
Nicepoker:
1hp is just 1.243kva. your gen is 2.5kva tellus why it won't carry the pump. But that gen is not 2.5kva. 1kva= 1,000w. And the fridge is just 90w.
marceeesty:

I don't think so sir, I know so, kindly snap the gen data label, the rated power output is what I am interested in not the model number.

Salient points.
Got from a reliable store.
Re: . by marceeesty(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

Salient points.
Hmmm, unbelievable.
Re: . by marceeesty(m): 11:37am On Feb 13, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

Salient points.
Hmmm, unbelievable.

This is ridiculous bro, still look for the data plate.

(1) (Reply)

Men, Avoid Women Over 30. Their Fertility Level Is Incredibly Low / Any ................................................... / "The Imperfections Of Marriage!" ~ Pav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.