Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words (23568 Views)

When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / Man Finds Out His Daughter Is Not His Child After Taking DNA Test / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by princeemmma(m): 9:39am On May 07, 2022
Recently I heard my daughter saying "Zazoo zeh" she is not up to 2years though. Am that kind of person that always caution myself and watch the kind of music I listen at home, but she did not learn the word at home, am sure she might have heard it somewhere in her mom shop, because my wife shop is located somewhere very rough, a lot of children in the environment. But my wife does not see this as a big deal. She always told me that she can't stop the little girl from playing with other children in the hood and that's true. That day when I heard her say that word, I called her to myself and told her not to say the word again that it's not good saying such word, she nodded in approval.

Two days ago I heard her saying this common words "Eni pe". I felt really bad, because I don't want my daughter to learn those bad words, but my wife feel am overreacting.

Am I overreacting truly? How do I stop my daughter from saying such words?

Please help a friend

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by godofuck231: 9:45am On May 07, 2022
Whos her mentor , at school or at home ? Change her institution of learning, she's in a negative environment

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by boxer022(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2022
She learnt it from someone or somewhere find out where and put a stop to it.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:53am On May 07, 2022
And what do those word mean?
If it's a normal Nigeria slang then cool..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Nobody: 9:55am On May 07, 2022
Effect of the society she's growing in. Keep training her that those are foul words.
Go further by listing popular slangs. Write them down & tell her the good ones and those you see as bad ones.
Zazoo & Eni pe are still fair. But if tolerated, she fit graduate to toto, puss y, werey, Ori e baje, ori e buru, oloshi, iya e, baba e, & so on.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by bukatyne(f): 9:57am On May 07, 2022
If the source is your wife's shop, then you guys should work towards the following:
1. Relocating her shop to a more child friendly place;

2. Get a minder/relative that would stay in the child so she doesn't play with other kids (since she is not willing to stop her kid from mixing with other kids);

3. Get a minder/relative that would stay with the girl at home.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by ibechris(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2022
Environmental influence...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by EkoErrands: 10:01am On May 07, 2022
princeemmma:
Recently I heard my daughter saying "Zazoo zeh" she is not up to 2years though. Am that kind of person that always caution myself and watch the kind of music I listen at home, but she did not learn the word at home, am sure she might have heard it somewhere in her mom shop, because my wife shop is located somewhere very rough, a lot of children in the environment. But my wife does not see this as a big deal. She always told me that she can't stop the little girl from playing with other children in the hood and that's true. That day when I heard her say that word, I called her to myself and told her not to say the word again that it's not good saying such word, she nodded in approval.

Two days ago I heard her saying this common words "Eni pe". I felt really bad, because I don't want my daughter to learn those bad words, but my wife feel am overreacting.

Please help a friend

There's a saying "you can take the girl out of the hood but you cant take the hood out of the girl"

Relocate! Simple...no other remedy

23 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by illicit(m): 10:02am On May 07, 2022
When you are in Rome

Won't u behave like Romans undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by pyyxxaro: 10:11am On May 07, 2022
Rebrand her now , so that you won’t put your hand on your head later

Naa so I see one small gal 4yrs , she de tell one lady YOUR FATHER shocked

I shock cry cheesy

16 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by DaInferno(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2022
princeemmma:

Please help a friend
I take God beg you, increase your overreaction. I know what you are saying and how you feel. Catch them young, no spare rod; though she's too young for the rod, but from time to time, you give her some stern but calm cautioning. No take chances, talk to your wife sternly about it because back then, na our mama d watch us keenly, no misbehavior. My cousin who's married with two kids has never beaten his children, but "Stop that" has kept the kids in check.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by habsydiamond(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2022
Children pick up what they hear from the adults around them.. That means ur child is picking the foul language within the environment either at home or at school.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by GloriousGbola: 10:16am On May 07, 2022
princeemmma:

Please help a friend

The cold truth - you have to upgrade your environment. That is the way the people in your environment talk. You are actually the odd one out.

As long as your child is around people who see nothing wrong with talking like that, it will continue.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Mindlog: 10:18am On May 07, 2022
Arrangements should be made to have her stay back home with a minder while her mum is away at the shop because as long as she goes with her to the shop and she plays with other children, hear adults in that area...she will continue to pick up those street slangs.

9 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Acidosis(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2022
I was going to recommend a change of environment but I remembered we are in the digital age. Whether you live in the zoo, among Mushin touts, or a posh environment, your daughter will grow up to mingle with all kinds of social animals on Tiktok, Twitter, IG, etc. The "zazooh zeh" she likely wouldn't hear in a posh environment or school, she will hear it on Tiktok.

The goal is to keep feeding her with the right teachings, stories, thoughts, etc. If you guys are Christians, then the word of God is your best bet. The human mind can NEVER be idle. You can't practise or believe in nothing. You're either here or there.

By the way, "eni pe" is not so bad though, I think a comedian initiated that. I say/do that a lot with my spouse. Na she and some friends influence me sef grin grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by princeemmma(m): 10:56am On May 07, 2022
Acidosis:
I was going to recommend a change of environment but I remembered we are in the digital age. Whether you live in the zoo, among Mushin touts, or a posh environment, your daughter will grow up to mingle with all kinds of social animals on Tiktok, Twitter, IG, etc. The "zazooh zeh" she likely wouldn't hear in a posh environment or school, she will hear it on Tiktok.

The goal is to keep feeding her with the right teachings, stories, thoughts, etc. If you guys are Christians, then the word of God is your best bet. The human mind can NEVER be idle. You can't believe in nothing. You're either here or there.

By the way, "eni pe" is not so bad though, I think a comedian initiated that. I say/do that a lot with my spouse. Na she and some friends influence me sef grin grin

than you, i really appreciate your advice

1 Like

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by ImaIma1(f): 11:14am On May 07, 2022
You are not overreacting. Thank God you know where she is getting the influence from. Children learn a lot of bad things from other children whose parents are careless with their upbringing.

If you can find a way to stop your child from going to the shop, please do. It's even better for her to be in "after school" than to be with rough kids.

3 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Mumben(f): 11:33am On May 07, 2022
I can relate. My neighbor's 3yrs old son tells his siblings and other kids "you are mad" effortlessly and they laugh over it as if it's nothing. Parents have a lot of work to do. The best you can do is to limit her going to her mummy's shop.

8 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Cousin9999: 12:03pm On May 07, 2022
Don't laugh when they do it. It encourages the behavior.

You might want to put her on time-out or another mild punishment (e.g. take away favorite toy for 1 day) when she says it after you told her not to several times.

Give her more positive attention for doing the right things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Righteousness2(m): 2:28pm On May 07, 2022
Don't take these signs as Joke ooo! Na so e de start.
Take special Intrest in your daughter. What she says, what she sees, and so on.

Most Important, Take time to Pray with her and for her. Take time to teach her the ways of GOD. Take time to tell her about JESUS Christ.

The devil is so crafty and smart ! He has deployed and unleashed various tools to catch them young.

8 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Corporate2020: 2:31pm On May 07, 2022
O tun ti Zeeh ooo

10 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by princeemmma(m): 2:31pm On May 07, 2022
Righteousness2:

Most Important, Take time to Pray with her and for her. Take time to teach her the ways of GOD. Take time to tell her about JESUS Christ.

The devil is so crafty and smart ! He has deployed and unless various tools to catch them young.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Corporate2020: 2:31pm On May 07, 2022
Righteousness2:

The devil is so crafty and smart ! He has deployed and unless various tools to catch them young.

Street slangs to be stopped by prayers. You are not doing well at all

9 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Shalayetv: 4:04pm On May 07, 2022
Raising kids is one of the toughest and most fulfilling jobs in the world and the one for which you might feel the least prepared. Following the recent event of the 10 years old female student from Chrisland school in Lagos Nigeria, and also the 7 years old male student of Dowen college, it is safe to say that parenting is not as easy as it sounds. After doing some research and asking some parents we decided to put together 5 Major Roles You Must Play In Your Child's Life.
Please if you like this video, consider subscribing to my youtube channel to help this video reach more people, also share and comment your thoughts on this topic.
Thank you and God bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyXnTHPZs1g

2 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Blue86(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2022
Just teach your children what is wrong and right . And live out what you lay as examples before them. And watch and pray too.

1 Like

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by GreatAdvice: 6:09pm On May 07, 2022
I will advise you to increase your hustle so you can move out of that slum. That's the only solution, move your family to Lekki and she will be speaking American and British English. Rob a bank If you have to, a man has to do what's necessary by all means. Good luck

5 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:18pm On May 07, 2022
princeemmma:
than you, i really appreciate your advice
You are not even overreacting as far as I am concerned! Do not tolerate such, never!

Growing up, my mum dealt with us so much that we dare not utter foul words even at her absence and till now I find it difficult even saying those words and slangs. Please ensure she unlearns such nonsense.

10 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:19pm On May 07, 2022
GreatAdvice:
I will advise you to increase your hustle so you can move out of that slum. That's the only solution, move your family to Lekki and she will be speaking American and British English. Rob a bank If you have to, a man has to do what's necessary by all means. Good luck
Rob a bank and cause problems for other people ? What is wrong with this generation?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:21pm On May 07, 2022
Corporate2020:

Street slangs to be stopped by prayers. You are not doing well at all
Why not Why can’t everything be tabled in prayers while we do something physically as well to tackle such problems?

You guys just like forming woke.

3 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Nekky5(f): 7:18pm On May 07, 2022
Your environment is one of the factors that contribute to child development. Most of the menace we are seeing and have encountered started like that. It is said that it is easier to correct a child that to change an adult.Whatever u would need to do to save your child, pls do urgently.

2 Likes

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by cavreek: 8:21pm On May 07, 2022
U must know that both u as d parent and the society play a major role in training a child with more influence coming from the society
It would have been a lot easier if d both parent agree and decide on what d child should ought to know remeber 'train up a child in d way he should go' and not in d way u think e should go
I believe wisdom should guide u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Relative´s Spouse Beaten By Brother-in-law (story continud) / Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her. / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.