Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert (8933 Views)

Radio Ijangbara: Illegal Broadcast Won’t Be Tolerated, NBC Warns / IGP Warns Officers Against Using Roadblocks To Extort Money / Igboho: NBC Warns TV, Radio Stations On Reporting Herdsmen Quit Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Minjim: 2:58am On Feb 12, 2023
The National Broadcasting Commission has called on all stakeholders to desist from using children images for political advertisement.

NBC Director-General, Balarabe Ilelah, made the call in Abuja during a stakeholders’ meeting.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Ilelah condemned the usage of children in political advertisements by politicians and the way broadcasters air such adverts in negation of Section 7.7.1(d) of the code. He urged them to critically appraise the performance of broadcasters in the area of children programming to come up with a holistic policy direction.

He also expressed concern on how children’s local contents had not been receiving the required attention by sponsors, producers and the broadcasters.

He said, “Instead of developing local content, some broadcasters still rely on foreign children’s content, particularly cartoons which often are laced with themes of violence and immorality. “NBC is deeply concerned about how some provisions under Chapter Four of the NBC code are being ignored or deliberately violated by broadcast outfits.

“Let me refer you to Section 4.2.2 (k) which requires broadcasters to devote at least 10 per cent of their total airtime to children programmes.
https://punchng.com/nbc-warns-against-using-children-for-political-advert/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 12, 2023
Peter Obi is so good with it!

Capitalizing on the situation of people to campaign!

He has exploited the handicapped, hungry and the mentally unstable.

I have never seen or read about a desperate politician like Peter

63 Likes 15 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by ovieigho(m): 3:00am On Feb 12, 2023
So obi should have asked him in that short period what his age was

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Onyiridike(f): 3:00am On Feb 12, 2023
Minjim:
The National Broadcasting Commission has called on all stakeholders to desist from using children images for political advertisement.

NBC Director-General, Balarabe Ilelah, made the call in Abuja during a stakeholders’ meeting.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Ilelah condemned the usage of children in political advertisements by politicians and the way broadcasters air such adverts in negation of Section 7.7.1(d) of the code. He urged them to critically appraise the performance of broadcasters in the area of children programming to come up with a holistic policy direction.

He also expressed concern on how children’s local contents had not been receiving the required attention by sponsors, producers and the broadcasters.

He said, “Instead of developing local content, some broadcasters still rely on foreign children’s content, particularly cartoons which often are laced with themes of violence and immorality. “NBC is deeply concerned about how some provisions under Chapter Four of the NBC code are being ignored or deliberately violated by broadcast outfits.

“Let me refer you to Section 4.2.2 (k) which requires broadcasters to devote at least 10 per cent of their total airtime to children programmes.

https://punchng.com/nbc-warns-against-using-children-for-political-advert/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social
Do you and NBC understand the meaning of advertisement?

75 Likes

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Minjim: 3:04am On Feb 12, 2023
Onyiridike:

Do you and NBC understand the meaning of advertisement?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Onyiridike(f): 3:05am On Feb 12, 2023
[quote author=Minjim post=120835507][/quote]
So why the pictures you are posting?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Dreal1247: 3:22am On Feb 12, 2023
Obi's candidacy has driven people into deep research. First time in Nigerian political history, statements of political aspirants are being cross-checed. Now, NBC has discovered a section of their acts that has not been in use. A New Nigeria Is Possible With Mr Peter Obi.

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 12, 2023
Dreal1247:
Obi's candidacy has driven people into deep research. First time in Nigerian political history, statements of political aspirants are being cross-checed. Now, NBC has discovered a section of their acts that has not been in use. A New Nigeria Is Possible With Mr Peter Obi.

Wake up!

I told you first!

Peter can NEVER be President

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Onyiridike(f): 3:27am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Wake up!

I told you first!

This delusion is coming from the misconception that Fulani man hates Igbos and cannot hand over power to an Igbo man.
I pity you. Buhari will call Obi to congratulate him before Obi of Onitsha.
Keep dreaming, when you wake up, you face reality.

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Dreal1247: 3:34am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Wake up!

I told you first!

Can you stop the Almighty God? If you can, no ahead. But if not forget it.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by CockAndBullStor: 3:39am On Feb 12, 2023
When someone said Hoebie is a Nollywood actor we were all wondering how he came about it. But the scenario today vividly showcased their poorly acted antics.

It doesn't take so long for a reasonable person to know that it was arranged. They capitalized on the situation of the boy, gave him #500 to act their useless drama.

Hoebie is a bastard, liar, thief, drug dealer, hypocrite, and a useless, unrepentant ethnic bigot. He would never be president.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by meum: 4:04am On Feb 12, 2023
Now they care about the children, right?

An advert is supposed to look real and pass a message to the viewer(whether happening live or recorded). In a political campaign ad, how do you portray a scenario where a man with wife and children(out of school) are suffering because the man has been out of job since APC came to power and the family’s only source of livelihood, farming, had been destroyed by Fulani herdsmen? You obviously have to bring in the kids(censored if possible) into the advert to evoke men of good consciences to vote wisely!

Political campaign ads & kids joining campaigns didn’t start in 2023.

NBC should focus more attention on kids local content. It’s almost non existent in most TV stations. Our kids depend on foreign channels for kids to view contents we believe are un-african.

9 Likes

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by UnfairLife7(m): 4:30am On Feb 12, 2023
Onyiridike:

This delusion is coming from the misconception that Fulani man hates Igbos and cannot hand over power to an Igbo man.
I pity you. Buhari will call Obi to congratulate him before Obi of Onitsha.
Keep dreaming, when you wake up, you face reality.
hahahaha

Only if you know abokis will rather vote for stone than vote Nyamuri😀😀

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by UnfairLife7(m): 4:31am On Feb 12, 2023
Adaobi the opportunist with his famine voice 😀

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Racoon(m): 4:40am On Feb 12, 2023
Suddenly NBC have found that ethics is contradictictory to involvement of children in political campaigns. As if the useless APC government ever care for the millions of children that have needlessly die, displaced or lost their rights due to the APC induced hardship across the land in the past 7 years.

A senseless APC lawyer sued the Labour Party for Chioma Success appearance in a rally only for the APC to do likewise thereafter and the fool was no where to be found. Thank goodness, that senseless case was thrown out by the court.

Now, a 15-years old have melted hearts by asking his president in waiting to save him. Then pronto, NBC started talking? Peter Obi is really rattling the conscience of political friends and foes. Obedient let's sustain the tempo.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Onyiridike(f): 4:41am On Feb 12, 2023
UnfairLife7:
hahahaha

Only if you know abokis will rather vote for stone than vote Nyamuri😀😀

I have lived for over 14 years in the North and I can tell you that many Hausa muslims will vote for Obi.

One of my lecturers during my university days is campaigning for Obi. He is a muslim from Kano.

Moreover, Buhari does not have an option, unless he wants to witness another civil war in his lifetime.

17 Likes

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Racoon(m): 4:43am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Peter Obi is so good with it! Capitalizing on the situation of people to campaign! He has exploited the handicapped, hungry and the mentally unstable.I have never seen or read about a desperate politician like Peter
The difference between being alive and lively with lifelessness is clear. Which side would you prefer? Meanwhile as an unrepentant mummified urchin/miscreant, your fate is sealed we know.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 12, 2023
Minjim:

youngest post nonsense hope u read it 😁😂🤣😂 before posting it APC/PDP no dey go school
Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by GCFR95(m): 5:03am On Feb 12, 2023
FOOL tongue

CoronaVirusRelo:

4 Likes

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by kushma(m): 5:08am On Feb 12, 2023
Foolish NBC, all of them are looking for a way to tackle Peter Obi, but it won’t work for them because the will of the people shall stand this time around

7 Likes

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by SmartPolician: 5:09am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Don't blame the candidate; blame your APC for destroying the country, thereby subjecting all Nigerians, including minors, to untold hardship in a way that they get involved in political activities because they desperately want change.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by Fulanipussy: 5:10am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

I'm of the opinion that hungry people shouldn't be allowed to comment on nairaland because you tend to misyarn when you're hungry.

Now run along, Urchinito.

9 Likes

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by sharpden: 5:15am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

It's like the meaning of desperate does not resonates when it concerns your principal doing same below

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by madjune(m): 5:20am On Feb 12, 2023
The Nigerian NBC is the most backward unit of all broadcasting commissions in the world.

You will never hear their voice when it matters most.

Just tell me why it's wrong to use children in the advert?
Whose future is at stake if not the children? Is the election not about electing a leader who will ensure a brighter future for them?

Then, what is it all about?
Is the leader coming to lead ghosts?

In matters they were supposed to censure, they kept mute.
What did they do to stop Linda Ikeji from releasing the Aluu 4 movie ( an unresolved murder case) whose gory tale serves to show the world how cheap the Nigerian life is.

What did the NBC do? Did anyone hear their voice?

Ignorant mofons.

13 Likes

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by zedegit: 5:30am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Wake up!

I told you first!

Since you're so sure of your never, quote me and swear to jump into lagoon once he's declared winner.

1 Like

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by scholes23(m): 5:39am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Urchin keep quiet!!! See someone talking about being desperate yet your aPEEwaju wants to enter by fire by force.
Is it not better to use children than to use thugs who have smoked away their future.

As for NBC, why are they saying all these when the election is near
The first time it happened months ago, they said nothing just 17 days to election, they're barking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by scholes23(m): 5:43am On Feb 12, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Wake up!

I told you first!

Make I complete am for you

President Of Bedwetters

1 Like

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by highchief1: 5:44am On Feb 12, 2023

1 Like

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by scholes23(m): 5:44am On Feb 12, 2023
sharpden:

It's like the meaning of desperate does not resonates when it concerns your principal doing same below

You dey mind am
Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by scholes23(m): 5:46am On Feb 12, 2023
highchief1:
its children of less privileged na.Can anyone use my kids for that?
No they can't cos they're still wearing diapers like aPEEwaju.
We don't want to be perceiving urine at our campaign

1 Like

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by ictplotter(m): 5:47am On Feb 12, 2023
ovieigho:
So obi should have asked him in that short period what his age was
It's all stage managed n poor script. Despite Obi gullible desperation he will come 4th in this election.
Atiku is our next president by God grace.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Warns Against Using Children For Political Advert by ictplotter(m): 5:51am On Feb 12, 2023
scholes23:

No they can't cos they're still wearing diapers like aPEEwaju.
We don't want to be perceiving urine at our campaign
Obi is abusing children in his political campaign here in Nigeria while his own children are living the best life in Europe.
Obi is a virus to the unity n development of this country and he should tame before he contaminate others.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want Jonathan To Lose PDP Primaries / John Idumange: Court Adjourns Trial Of Whistleblower Who Accused Bayelsa Govt / Reports Of N2bn For Rechargeable Fans, etc Is Fake,Untrue - Lagos Dep-Gov Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.