Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship (1155 Views)

US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska / Vladimir Putin Doomsday Plane Seen Flying Near Moscow ( Pix, Video) / Giant Swarm Of Flying Ants, Looking Like Rain Captured Sweeping Over UK (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Hotice085: 5:55am On Feb 12, 2023
By Laura Gozzi
BBC News
More than 5,000 pregnant Russian women have entered Argentina in recent months, including 33 on a single flight on Thursday, officials say.

The latest arrivals were all in the final weeks of pregnancy, according to the national migration agency.

It is believed the women want to make sure their babies are born in Argentina to obtain Argentinian citizenship.

The number of arrivals has increased recently, which local media suggests is a result of the war in Ukraine.

Of the 33 women who arrived in the Argentinian capital on one flight on Thursday, three were detained because of "problems with their documentation", joining three more who arrived the previous day, migration agency head Florencia Carignano told La Nacion.

The Russian women had initially claimed they were visiting Argentina as tourists, she said.

"In these cases it was detected that they did not come here to engage in tourism activities. They acknowledged it themselves."

She said the Russian women wanted their children to have Argentinian citizenship because it gave more freedom than a Russian passport.

"

2 Likes

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Hotice085: 6:01am On Feb 12, 2023
Olosho General, DerrickzB and POOtin 4k boys crew especially Goddson that is now ashamed of his identity what do you dumb ass say to this?

2 Likes

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Dvdpity: 6:37am On Feb 12, 2023
What kind of useless news is this. Never in my life do i ever think that western media can stoop so low on disinformation. Russia that inflation is at low, going to Argentina that is having same economic crisis like Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Vl3ly: 10:26am On Feb 12, 2023
BBC? Russia enemy?
Mstewww ,I will take the news serious when it is broadcasted by genuine source

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by panafrican(m): 10:31am On Feb 12, 2023
Do you know how many millions of German, French , British, Polish, Ukrainians , etc have been migrating to
Argentina since 1939 ?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by GeorgWashinton: 10:43am On Feb 12, 2023
Russia is falling already
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Hotice085: 11:21am On Feb 12, 2023
Dvdpity:
What kind of useless news is this. Never in my life do i ever think that western media can stoop so low on disinformation. Russia that inflation is at low, going to Argentina that is having same economic crisis like Nigeria.

Mumus
Why not check the Agertine media to confirm before and as usual always coming online to disgrace yourselves
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Arrowhead231: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2023
Dvdpity:
Argentina is currently facing high inflation and the citizens are all complaining and looking for a way to leave the country.

1 Like

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Masterviolence: 12:27pm On Feb 12, 2023
Although I'm skeptical about this news but of a truth the Russia passport is a very weak passport, it is so weak compared to other European passports.

If I was a Russian I'd get a second passport because it will help me move around with ease

Fun fact: Ukraine passport is more powerful than Russia's passport.
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Kelvin3476: 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
Russia is a big shit hole
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by AmuDimpka: 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
All these propaganda ...... Russia is amongst the top 10 developed economies while Argentina il isn't ... And having inflation

So who leaves developed nation for Argentina

4 Likes

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Otobong3374(m): 9:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
Vl3ly:
BBC? Russia enemy?
Shut Your Dirty Mouth Up, The News Is Every Where.
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Otobong3374(m): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
AmuDimpka:
All these propaganda ...... Russia is amongst the top 10 developed economies while Argentina il isn't ... And having inflation

So who leaves developed nation for Argentina
Stop Disgracing Yourself Boy
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by pol23: 11:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Masterviolence:
Although I'm skeptical about this news but of a truth the Russia passport is a very weak passport, it is so weak compared to other European passport.

If I was a Russian I'd get a second passport because I'll help me move around with ease

Fun fact: Ukraine passport is more powerful than Russia's passport.
I think Russia passport’s strength is basically because it doesn’t align with the west….
Seychelles has the most powerful passport in Africa with over 125 visa free countries including UK,Germany, Swiss…. But that doesn’t make Seychelles a better country to Nigeria.

Regarding the news, it might actually be true, If I’m Russian, I will be skeptical of the country’s immediate future…So I better give birth elsewhere and see how things turns out by 2024.

Fun fact: over 100,000 US citizens give birth in Mexico yearly, some are trying to cut cost while others just want other their children to be dual citizens.
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Masterviolence: 12:17am On Feb 13, 2023
pol23:

I think Russia passport’s strength is basically because it doesn’t align with the west….
Seychelles has the most powerful passport in Africa with over 125 visa free countries including UK,Germany, Swiss…. But that doesn’t make Seychelles a better country to Nigeria.

Regarding the news, it might actually be true, If I’m Russian, I will be skeptical of the country’s immediate future…So I better give birth elsewhere and see how things turns out by 2024.

Fun fact: over 100,000 US citizens give birth in Mexico yearly, some are trying to cut cost while others just want other their children to be dual citizens.
You said it all
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Karnice600: 8:11am On Feb 13, 2023
panafrican:
Do you know how many millions of German, French , British, Polish, Ukrainians , etc have been migrating to
Argentina since 1939 ?

Always on the defence. You don't even care to listen to yourself first before speaking. At least the words should sound in your head first before you spill them out.
They are talking about influx due to negetive impact of Russia's war on their current economy,future prospects and fast declining global image. Talking about a weak passport , strained relationships and limited opportunities. Just like in Biblical old days, if pregnant women are fleeing a town that means there are signs of a gloomy future for that land. I don't expect you to understand this one bit.

Now my question to other putards who seem to have some brains left, unlike you, is- 'Why aren't these pregnant Russian women fleeing to China that is closer to them. Why South America?' Why not North Korea or Iran?
Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Karnice600: 8:27am On Feb 13, 2023
Dvdpity:

Ah, kpele, brother werey.
No be only Western media na Northern arewa network.

If the news had stated '200 Ukrainian soldiers killed', you wouldn't care about the source, when it's about Russia in bad light, you'll start shouting Western media. Gawd help these your infirmities

1 Like

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Ibrahimcoomasie: 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
Vl3ly:
BBC? Russia enemy?
The truth is always bitter. Look at Russian brics friends (India and South Africa) below:

Times of India

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Ibrahimcoomasie: 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
They don't want their kids to grow up under dictator Putin.

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by Ibrahimcoomasie: 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2023
Even South African media houses (a brics member) had the news too.

In the last year, 21,757 Russian citizens have entered Argentina, including around 10,500 pregnant women and “the numbers have been increasing in the last few months,” Carignano said. “In the last three months, 5,819 women who were about to give birth entered” Argentina.

Anyone born on Argentine soil is immediately granted citizenship and having a national-born child accelerates the citizenship process for the parents.

Re: Russian Women Flying To Argentina To Obtain Citizenship by orisa37: 9:42am On Feb 14, 2023
They are too tough for PUTIN.

(1) (Reply)

Egyptians Protest At US Embassy Over 'insulting' Film Of Prophet Muhammad / China Fooled The World With Corona Virus To Become World Power-USA / Putin: western leaders will look disgusting if shirtless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.