Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,112 members, 7,867,208 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:18 PM

The Glory Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Glory Of God. (148 Views)

The Glory Of Godly Women (genesis And Exodus) / The Glory Of His Grace ( sin, repentance and salvation ) / "The Glory Of His Presence with Pastor Benny Hinn" In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Glory Of God. by AbundantLife05: 6:04am On Feb 12, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
THE GLORY OF GOD. Isaiah 6:1-3
It was in the year King Uzziah died that I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. [2]Attending him were mighty seraphim, each having six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. [3]They were calling out to each other, “Holy, holy, holy is the lord of Heaven’s Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory!” NLT.

There are two major words in this topic, “glory” and “God”. If you are familiar with this vision’s teachings on this platform, you will discover that we talk about the person of God on a regular basis. Over and over, we describe God from two biblical standpoints; Jehovah and Elohim. Jehovah means that God is eternal, self-sufficient and that he has no origin while Elohim describes God from the angle of his power. However, today we will talk about the glory of the eternal, self-sufficient and powerful God. What is the glory of God? One of the ways we can describe the glory of God is that his glory is his aura, the atmosphere so to speak that he radiate. What this means is that God being God has majestic aura of being glorious because glory is part of his personality. God has no choice than to be glorious and his glory cannot be separated from him.
The question in front of us is that how does the glory of God radiate and how does it become visible to us.

God’s glory radiates in form of light. 1 John 1:5
This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. NLT

Light has always been a great weapon in the hands of God. During the creation of the world, God created light before he started implementing the things he wanted to implement on earth. Gen 1:3. Without light, nothing good can happen on earth and in one’s life. Therefore, God uses light to illuminate our lives and no wonder why the bible describes Jesus as the light of the world.

God’s glory radiates in form of holiness. Isaiah 6:1-3
It was in the year King Uzziah died that I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. [2]Attending him were mighty seraphim, each having six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. [3]They were calling out to each other, “Holy, holy, holy is the lord of Heaven’s Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory!” NLT.

When the glory of God is revealed in some quarters, it shows how holy God is and whenever we see how holy he is, we get convicted of our sins. Isaiah 6:5: Then I said, “It’s all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the lord of Heaven’s Armies.” NLT. The same thing happened to Peter when he met Jesus in Luke 5:5-8 with emphasis on verse 8. Luke 5:5-8: “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” [6]And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear! [7]A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking. [8]When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m too much of a sinner to be around you.” NLT.

God’s glory radiates as his presence. Exodus 33:14: The lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.” NLT.

The glory of God is the assurance of God’s presence in our lives. God went with Moses through his presence and he gave him victory in Egypt. The presence of God is like the “shadow” of God. It means despite the fact that I cannot see God physically, I can see his shadow following me so I know that he is with me. The presence of God manifested for the Israelites as the pillar of cloud and fire.

God’s glory radiates through his power.
God is powerful and we cannot take his power away from him. This means that power is part of his glory as glory is inseparable from God. The raw power of God that created the heavens and earth and the one that performs miracles and the power of resurrection and life are part of his glory. Philippians 3:10-11: I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, [11]so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! NLT.
Lastly, God’s glory radiates as power unto salvation. God reveals himself through his glory and the revelation of Jesus to the world is as the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. At such, the revelation of God is the revelation and call unto salvation to be saved from sin. With that, Jesus does not just reveal our sins, he offers a way out of it by believing and confessing him as our lord and saviour. Romans 10:9-10: If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [10]For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. NLT.

Therefore, in order to have the glory of God that leads to salvation, say this prayer with wholeheartedly; Dear Jesus, I believe that you died for my sins and you resurrected on the third day by the power of God, please forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life and I will serve you forever. Amen. If you have recited the prayer, I congratulate you and I urge you to join a bible believing church as you begin your journey in Christ.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Seeds Of Destiny 15 February 2023: Ways Of Enhancing Your Thoughts / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/02/2023 / You Don't Need To Have The World To Change Your World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.