Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart (36302 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. / I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Exceed15: 4:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
Do not beg a woman that wants to leave. If u do u will keep struggling to keep her.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Niceguy06: 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
frozen70:

Ok
If that is the case, what and who is he taking care of his look for
Of course women naw

He's taken care of his look to have more options. Women, even if she's married, cannot resist a good looking man cheesy. Fact. Doesn't matter if her husband give her the most attention and care in the world
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Avast(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2023
I love my wife and I don't want to lose her has killed many men before and still killing those that think marriage is forever thing.

To get tired of each other after few years is a natural phenomenon we can't stop but keep managing it.

If she wants to leave, let her go
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by madjune(m): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
1. Based the economy.

I've always said it that most marriages will be tested before the end of the decade.

The woman nature can't tolerate suffering for too long.

Truly, your wife may have really loved you etc and all that but, with child birth, work stress and Naija hardships, she might have seen her mates living far easier lives ( maybe, their husbands are richer)

I don't mean for you to go and steal to give her tge world but, there's not much you can do.

Perhaps, she's being tempted by a richer man by the side. And, like the devil tempted eve with apple; she's bound to get lured.

See, Naija will happen to many women and homes if you don't have a lot of money.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Michaelota: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
I bet you brother, she is seeing another low life idiot who by the time she crashes her marriage will leave her. Just report her to her family they will bring her back to her sense also you too need to go back to what you used to do to make her happy. I am a victim of such my wife was already sleeping around saying I don't have time for her and not caring but for the kids and her family I have to forgive her and made sure I keep a close tab. Also we had to move closer to God. God help your home bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Markrony: 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
Your story is not complete. You need to open up more concerning what you do for a living, how you have been treating your wife and what you think brought about a sudden change in her before one can dish out a reasonable advice to you. Meanwhile, i see a woman whose eyes and mind are outside. Maybe, someone is out there promising her what she doesn't get in her marriage. Maybe, someone is spending on her. You need to go back to the drawing table, restrategise and come up with a good ideal on how to handle her with care. You know your wife more than we do. You have to wear a garment of patience and don't forget to pray without season. This is a period of temptation for you.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by phemmyfour: 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:
My marriage has suddenly been plagued by sadness and sorrow.

I'm married for ten years now and my marriage has yielded us two beautiful kids. But my wife has just suddenly changed. She doesn't cook for me and the kids any more. She comes back from work late sometimes by 9pm. She picks calls at odd hours and sometimes doesn't let me hear or understand the conversation. I complained but she said I was insecure and that nothing is wrong.

Few weeks ago I found a love letter she wrote but undated and nameless. She said she wrote it for me. I was heartbroken because I know for a fact that it was not for me.

My wife is threatening to divorce me citing that I'm maltreating her which was purely a lie and a false pretext to leave me.

I love my wife and wouldn't want her to leave me, how do I build back my home to how it was? I seriously need my wife by my side and the peace restored.
You're not telling us the whole story. What did you do to her?
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Osanoghodua1: 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
This fiction is not well scripted. A primary 2 pupil would do better.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by rickyjoe(m): 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
[/quote] The obvious fact is you guys don't pray together. A family that prays together stays together. The devil is the thief, give him no foothold
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by egunna(m): 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:
Thank you so much.

I will try this once my marriage gets on track.
that is how to get ur marriage on track.must we tell u everything?act like u don't care.if she says shez leaving,open the door wide and tell her to leave.make her understand that u love her dearly but that doesn't mean ur life depends on her.stop showing her u are worried,infact,pretend to have affair outside and lets see if she won't melow.no let them barb ur hair in ur absence ooo
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
Op, I expect you to be able to observe her and narrow down on what's happening to the woman you married.

I believe before a woman changes, she must've been complaining for long and accepted things aren't going to get any better.

First question...
Do you satisfy your woman sexually?
Is she overworked and you're neither helping out with domestic chores nor allowing her to get a house help?
Is she the breadwinner of the family?

Some woman feel they needn't work, that it's the man's duty to provide while they only cook for and keep the home front. Once they of necessity (perhaps due to your low income) have to get a job to support the family (to them this is the man's role in marriage), it automatically means you're to do all the domestic work.

They lose their respect for you.

I hope your save your marriage. Good luck
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by BluntCrazeMan: 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:

I'm married for ten years now and my marriage has yielded us two beautiful kids. But my wife has just suddenly changed. She doesn't cook for me and the kids any more. She comes back from work late sometimes by 9pm. She picks calls at odd hours and sometimes doesn't let me hear or understand the conversation. I complained but she said I was insecure and that nothing is wrong.

Few weeks ago I found a love letter she wrote but undated and nameless. She said she wrote it for me. I was heartbroken because I know for a fact that it was not for me.

My wife is threatening to divorce me citing that I'm maltreating her which was purely a lie and a false pretext to leave me.

I love my wife and wouldn't want her to leave me, how do I build back my home to how it was? I seriously need my wife by my side and the peace restored.
This is your side of the Story.

Get her side of the Story and you will make better judgements
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Thegoodone13(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
fattprince:

You know she's still cheating and you are still with her. I'm not married but I can say you are a weak man that's the character of a weak man. She's looking for excuse to leave? Who cares? I wouldn't even give her the excuse before i throw her out, unless it's her house or she's taking most of the responsibility at home even if it's that what you should have used the opportunity to grow financially stable so you can walk out on her. A wife's cheating is the worst form of disrespect to her man.
. You are right in some aspect but I don't take that step because of children not because I'm weak as you said. Children always surfers in broken home. And mind you, I'm not the one who brought this topic on but I'm passing through the same thing.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by BluntCrazeMan: 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:
Is this supposed to be a mockery?
You take life too seriously.

You sure say you're not borring the living daylight out of your wife with your over-seriousness, and over-engagement, and over-goodness, and over-involving??
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by BluntCrazeMan: 5:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:
Thank you so much.

I will try this once my marriage gets on track.

So, when exactly would that be??

Hahahahahahaaahaa..
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by BluntCrazeMan: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:
My marriage was peaceful and built on solid love. Just late last year did I started seeing something different.
There's no cause for that.
We will never believe that she is cheating, since you never caught her, or caught any clues.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by FRANCISTOWN: 6:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
jaxxy:

and what makes u think any man is good?

Being good or bad depends on what u have decided to adopt as values. ww are a born innocent b4 we become corrupted or influenced in whichever direction.

and in a relationship setting it is more than being good or bad because none of u will be perfect bt u can be close or very far off.
Well, there are good people, but women certainly are exceptions. I understand that the human nature can go wild anytime if not tamed. A man can tame his OWN nature by himself. No woman can tame her own nature by herself, she needs a higher authority that she submits to do that, first the father, to the husband, society and the government (or 'God' for those who believe in God) . Now that there is a paradigm shift of power where a woman has "equal rights(a misnomer for aggrandization)" to act as men, the society tells women that their husbands(men generally) can't put them in the right way of life no more, and the government doesn't care. Women are forever children(and should be under constant surveillance, without departing from the truth, please, just imagine what a child becomes if there was no one to set them straight) I do say this, you can let a lion loose, but be prepared, the lion may loosen you
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by FRANCISTOWN: 6:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
This is your side of the Story.

Get her side of the Story and you will make better judgements
No! Chairman. We shall judge based on what we have. The chief juror gives a verdict based on the available evidences even If the defence counsel couldnt lay their hands on any evidence before the day of hearing. Obviously, they can't concurrently share their pain on a public forum. Even if they did, how do we assert each's claims?
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Olumaeme: 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
Eeeyah, from your post, you are needy. Seems like you are begging her not to leave you and she knows that's why she's using you to shine.

My brother, the only time you are free is when you are ready to loose the most dearest thing to you. Either job, wife, parents, car etc

You are living in boundage and you don't know. Your wife is obviously cheating on you and also not doing her duties, what are you married for then? What is now the reason why you don't want her to leave? She's feeding you?

Do your maths o.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by BluntCrazeMan: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

No! Chairman. We shall judge based on what we have. The chief juror gives a verdict based on the available evidences even If the defence counsel couldnt lay their hands on any evidence before the day of hearing. Obviously, they can't concurrently share their pain on a public forum. Even if they did, how do we assert each's claims?
Does the Jury pass judgement with one-sided stories??

The other party would decide to decline corroborating his case, then, the jury can decide based on available evidences.

So, the second party here,, did she willingly decline to let her side of the story be heard?
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by SPAMBOX7: 7:19pm On Feb 12, 2023
Weak men don't deserve peace and happiness. That's where you will remain. I just hope she doesn't connive with the man fccking her and kill you. Aside that I wish everything and more on weak men
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by fattprince(m): 7:21pm On Feb 12, 2023
Thegoodone13:
. You are right in some aspect but I don't take that step because of children not because I'm weak as you said. Children always surfers in broken home. And mind you, I'm not the one who brought this topic on but I'm passing through the same thing.
I know it wasn't your topic but i saw your post. I apologize for calling you weak but let me tell you something. In whatever you decide or want to do always put yourself first. Yes, even after your children. But since you strengthened your mental health to overlook and hold unto your marriage for your children sake, I pray you succeed.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by FRANCISTOWN: 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Does the Jury pass judgement with one-sided stories??

The other party would decide to decline corroborating his case, then, the jury can decide based on available evidences.

So, the second party here,, did she willingly decline to let her side of the story be heard?
If we're waiting for the other side of the story which we both know will never be available... (at least, not on this same thread) The Man will never get the pieces of advice that he seeks
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by occfx: 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:

Simplicity... But dont mind me, marriage is something else especially if you have sacrificed a lot. Any time a woman is losing interest in her immidate family, she is sleeping with someone else. A man can sleep with another woman and still keep his family intact but a woman will lose her emotions and become a stranger to her family. Divorce her if you find concrete evidence or demote her to babymama and marry a second wife. The major problem in a man's life is money, if you have money, nothing to worry about
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by FRANCISTOWN: 7:25pm On Feb 12, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Weak men don't deserve peace and happiness. That's where you will remain. I just hope she doesn't connive with the man fccking her and kill you. Aside that I wish everything and more on weak men
Redpill?
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by SPAMBOX7: 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Redpill?
Common sense
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by Adaisback(f): 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:

if you have tried talking to her and finding out what the problem is and you are sure you are not maltreating her in any way, then pls ignore her. Ignore her, face your kids and your work. Infact , try and hustle hard and start making money. Make yourself a likeable person and mingle with good friends. Finally pray , God works in mysterious ways. May the author and creator of marriage answer your prayers
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by TheGift: 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:

So sorry to hear this.

No matter how much advise you get in building your home back to how it was, nothing can be achieved if She doesn't want the same thing.

Ask her what she really wants. And propose going for couples therapy to unravel any bitty issues. She how she takes it. Then take it from there.

I wish you all the best.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by FRANCISTOWN: 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
occfx:

Simplicity... But dont mind me, marriage is something else especially if you have sacrificed a lot. Any time a woman is losing interest in her immidate family, she is sleeping with someone else. A man can sleep with another woman and still keep his family intact but a woman will lose her emotions and become a stranger to her family. Divorce her if you find concrete evidence or demote her to babymama and marry a second wife. The major problem in a man's life is money, if you have money, nothing to worry about

We also need to let the OP know that he is not the only man going to thru this.
There are at least 60%(please don't quiver at the figures) married men going thru this phase, just that many are not bold enough to let it out while some are just purely ignorant. I saw a thread on Twitter today( don't know if I can still find it). According to the stat. Our of every 100 women(74) have committed Adultery.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by FRANCISTOWN: 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Common sense
Lol, you sound like a real deal... You know? Nature does not have mercy on weaklings. It's either one gets even or one goes extinct.
Re: My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart by funkemary(f): 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2023
Please pray sir, commit your marriage and home in the hand of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Drags Bank Manager Wife, Her Lover To Okija Shrine Over Property / What Is Wrong With This Picture???? / Woman Gives Birth To 3 German Shepherd Puppies In Western Cape, South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.