Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,744 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies (594 Views)

Printing Of Fake Currencies: Couple, Retired Colonel Arrested In Lagos / Rapid Response Intercepts Busload Of Illicit Drugs, reject N500,000 bribe / Reps Reject Castration As Punishment For Rapists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by kereman1: 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2023
I'm using this medium to call out some big organizations,
1. Eterna plc
2. AP gas station

I decided to buy fuel yesterday, my bank Zenith bank has been having terrible network, to be on the safe side I had to use the POS, the POS vendor gave me old currency, I was even glad I could get some notes, I took a bike to AP filling Station New site, close to navy gate, to my greatest surprise, they were rejecting old notes, and the scam they do there, their meter reads 189, but sells at 280 per liter, for someone that wants to buy fuel of N5000, the attendant sells N5000/280 = 17L instead of 26L.
I went ahead to eterna alakija, they sell at N240, they still rejectes the old notes, I was furious, and disappointed, I decided to buy banana from an elderly woman, the change I had wasn't enough to purchase the banana, then I asked her if she collects old currency, she said she do, I gave her 1k and asked her to keep the change.

Imagine a big company, that affiliate with banks and CBN directly rejecting old notes while a petty trader that might not have an acct accepted it, isn't that wickedness?

2 Likes

Re: Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by elrufiason: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2023
This is sheer wickedness, with the deadline being extended still 16th,they have no reason to reject,

1 Like

Re: Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by talk2hb1(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
The Old Note is no more a legal tender, but you can still take it to CBN to exchange it for new one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by kereman1: 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
talk2hb1:
The Old Note is no more a legal tender, but you can still take it to CBN to exchange it for new one.

Can a transporter take the currency to cbn?
Can hawker take the currency to cbn?
Can a pepper seller take the currency to cbn?

Some companies are just heartless.

1 Like

Re: Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by Valkrie: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
kereman1:

Yes of course the ordinary people can go change their old notes for new ones at CBN, infact even before now CBN use to give out new notes to those who want to change their worn out note to new ones every Tuesdays...!!
Re: Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by talk2hb1(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2023
kereman1:

Yes of course, they can.
Re: Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by Makamatic: 4:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
Cbn they alakija there now so it'll be easy for them to change it . They're just been wicked
Re: Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by Parachoko: 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2023
kereman1:
I'm using this medium to call out some big organizations,
1. Eterna plc
2. AP gas station

I decided to buy fuel yesterday, my bank Zenith bank has been having terrible network, to be on the safe side I had to use the POS, the POS vendor gave me old currency, I was even glad I could get some notes, I took a bike to AP filling Station New site, close to navy gate, to my greatest surprise, they were rejecting old notes, and the scam they do there, their meter reads 189, but sells at 280 per liter, for someone that wants to buy fuel of N5000, the attendant sells N5000/280 = 17L instead of 26L.
I went ahead to eterna alakija, they sell at N240, they still rejectes the old notes, I was furious, and disappointed, I decided to buy banana from an elderly woman, the change I had wasn't enough to purchase the banana, then I asked her if she collects old currency, she said she do, I gave her 1k and asked her to keep the change.

Imagine a big company, that affiliate with banks and CBN directly rejecting old notes while a petty trader that might not have an acct accepted it, isn't that wickedness?
I no even understand all this petrol stations

Except for filling stations, nah every other seller dey collect the old notes for my location
Re: Some Big Companies Now Reject Old Currencies by Caramia2020(m): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
They are refusing it because banks has refused to collect the old notes.

(1) (Reply)

Putin Arrest Warrant Issued Over War Crimes / Woman Honor-killed By Brothers Who 'doubted Her Character' / Fentanyl: NDLEA Busts Lethal Drug Syndicate, Arrests Members In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.