Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum (16930 Views)

‘COVID-23’ Ravaging Nigerians Due To Cbn-induced Naira Scarcity: Ganduje / 3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap / Tinubu Hails Nigerian Governors Over Supreme Court Ruling On CBN Naira Swap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Angelfrost(m): 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hndrrxxx:
oh you tryna diss Hndrrxxx that will prolly get you killed??

Yawns.... Whatever!!!
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Abdulhakeem7(m): 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
Himtulie247:
cool

Dis Man angry
Is a useless man
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Hndrrxxx(m): 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
Angelfrost:

Yawns.... Whatever!!!
last nigga dissed me he dropped nigga so do not test me!!!
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by jogojogo: 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
Manna5050:
My support for CBN and Buhari on this wise decision is strong, say no to vote buying, Apc candidates can't buy votes, that's why they are crying, ffk will be invited by the military soon.
Stop deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Opintiwa: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
Moh247:
Naira redesign is a great lesson

That APC must learn
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by duncan511: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
Shetemi12:
Peter Obi has shares in Fidelity and Access Bank that's why he is not talking!

Imagine a presidential candidate giving 2B to Church for mobilization. Lol

Peter Obi is just a fraud!
With People like you, Nigeria will remain the same without positive change, the man you called fraud is fighting for you and and betterment of the Country but you are still blind folded with tribalism, even it is confirmed that is fake news, in the same Nairaland you are typing this your trash from but you still hold unto the fake news, for your mind you are doing yourself good, better change your mentality and join hand with other Nigerians to change this country for good, rather than attacking any Presidential candidate.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by alex2much(m): 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
Not at all bro.

Iamgrey5:
Didn't it touch you too?

Are you able to get the new notes quite easily at your location?
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by jaytee01(m): 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
Shetemi12:
Peter Obi has shares in Fidelity and Access Bank that's why he is not talking!

Imagine a presidential candidate giving 2B to Church for mobilization. Lol

Peter Obi is just a fraud!

Wail harder!

1 Share

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by crazygod(m): 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
The purpose of this policy which is to stop vote buying had already been defeated as most politicians now have the new notes stored for them. End result, the common man is suffering for this.
What is paining me most is that some banks have refused to open claiming that they don't have cash. Abeg shey na only cash withdrawal and deposit be the only function of banks? I get plenty cheques that need clearing. Abeg someone should warn sterling bank o. What nonsense is this na? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by ayomilore: 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2023
Freethinker87:

The fuel scarcity touched me more. Why are the useless Govenors ignoring it? What's their obsession with the Naira swap?

See as you are talking like a baby, Naira scarcity is worse, what of if there is fuel in abundance but no money to buy...

1 Like

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by udeh3(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
Why are the governors whom we know has hijacked the process of New Naira Notes swap still crying and showing fake love?

Let's wait and see after election...
I'm waiting for them to speak on the fuel scarcity that has lasted for over 5 months now
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Aldol: 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
Jflex07:
This naira decision really touch these useless Governors.
Continue deceiving yourselves while the poor masses keep dying everyday....didnt you hear the death spike in hospitals because of this evil policy?

2 Likes

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by bizzibodi(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
All this naira swap to curb votes buying is bullshiit.the same politicians has already gotten & stashed d new naira notes..... even vote buying will be easier now that d poor are rendered poorer by meffy dumb policy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by JJuanMiguel: 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
chaloskyx:
LOL SHA VOTE APC FOR COUNTINUED RESSIOON FUEL SCARCITY BANDITRY AND LACK OF CURRENCY NA UNA SABI
There's no guarantee that things won't be worse than this under another party leadership.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by rottenegg: 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Are you sure some of you are living in Nigeria.

Because if you do, you will realize that the bank transfer app or USSD has been malfunctioning for days.
Kuda and GTBank has been working perfectly! If your referring to Zenith or UBA, then your on your own.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by jogojogo: 7:03pm On Feb 12, 2023
bizzibodi:
All this naira swap to curb votes buying is bullshiit.the same politicians has already gotten & stashed d new naira notes..... even vote buying will be easier now that d poor are rendered poorer by meffy dumb policy.
Real bullshit
Is this how to curb vote buying?
Using vote buying as a line to gain support
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by JJuanMiguel: 7:03pm On Feb 12, 2023
duncan511:

With People like you, Nigeria will remain the same without positive change, the man you called fraud is fighting for you and and better of the Country but you are still blind folded with tribalism, even it is confirmed that is fake news, in the same Nairaland you are typing this your trash from but you still hold unto the fake news, for your mind you are doing yourself good, better change your mentality and join hand with other Nigerians to change this country for good, rather than attacking any Presidential candidate.
Who told you he's fighting for him?
The same man you people are quick to call Saint was once a PDP member and ruled Anambra for 8 years
During those periods, ASUU was on strike for several months, same with doctors

1 Like

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by jogojogo: 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
rottenegg:

Kuda and GTBank has been working perfectly! If your referring to Zenith or UBA, then your on your own.
All ussd are down irrespective of the bank
I do t know about kuda
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Iamgrey5(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
rottenegg:

Kuda has been working perfectly 🥺🥺🥺😨

Are you sure you are in Nigeria?
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by VALENTINE2690: 7:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
kokoA:
E no touch you? Forget politics for once, CBN under Emefiele has really messed up.

And the so-called governors performed excellently.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
LibertyRep:
It is fine for anyone to accuse the governors of ulterior motives in this naira scarcity but you can't fault the fact that ordinary Nigerians have been at the receiving ends of this ill-thought policy, and not the governors and their immediate family members.

The governors should just grow some balls and direct their angers to the President and not the 'inmocent' CBN governor.

You said innocent CBN governor? Let's pray this didn't lead to civil war, if he hide inside hole he will be smoked out for beating first
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by kokoA(m): 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
VALENTINE2690:

And the so-called governors performed excellently.
I am not ready to talk politics here, I'm concerned about not having access to my own money.

2 Likes

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by jogojogo: 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Opintiwa:

That APC must learn
I guess Tambuwal is an APC Governor

1 Like

Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by leisuretym: 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
I still received 10k old Naira notes from POS today and spending it normal, People no longer take money to bank , pos operators getting cash from filling stations , stupid banks.

We have options either to spend CFA here around the border.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by jogojogo: 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2023
kokoA:
I am not ready to talk politics here, I'm concerned about not having access to my own money.
Let them be thinking more about the governor's and think less of the hell they are going through
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Conspiracy1: 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2023
Be realistic please, its obvious we were all affected by the naira redesign and the cashless policy , dont fake your suffering
Jflex07:
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by BENEAMATA: 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2023
Brownshoe:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I was about to comment but I remembered one day 3 drunk men stopped a taxi driver . After they entered the taxi, the driver turned on the engine and turned it off again . The first man thanked the driver , the second gave him money but the third man slapped the driver and told him. "Next time watch your speed ! You nearly killed us " 😂
Epic this

Driver = Nigerian politicians

First drunk = uninformed nigerians
Second drunk = nigerians with sentimental judgements
Third drunk = the ones who really should know better with all their " education " but betray an alarming lack of objective reasoning .
Many are not members of these politician's family or inner caucus but are happy they can't get their own money to spend because Buhari is dealing with one vote buyer . Funny that , because Agbado seller , garri seller and ewa agahin seller don't accept transfer .Talk of crises looming and the cripple is boasting .what chased a man with two functioning legs , may consume the cripple for real .
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by chukwuibuipob: 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Didn't it touch you too?

Are you able to get the new notes quite easily at your location?
dnt mind those nuts. I was at Ecobank last Friday. Their staff even cleaners dey withdrawn 10 (some of them dry use 4/5 Card to withdraw money. When it is my turn, they told me I can only withdraw 2k so that the money will go round. I simply slot in my card and punch 10k grin
Come see how the idiot manager dey shout on top of my money sad grin.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Conspiracy1: 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
Keep deceiving yourself , most of this candidates are shadow directors in almost all the commercial bank in the country + most state governments have started collecting account numbers for conditional cash transfer to cushion the effect of the policy in their respective states
jogojogo:

Stop deceiving yourself
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by symbianDON(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
kokoA:
E no touch you? Forget politics for once, CBN under Emefiele has really messed up.
Emefiele is the worst Central Bank governor in the whole universe! Just look at the mess he's plunged Nigerians into. How can you be buying your own money with money?? Same currency o! The whole world must be completely amused and amazed at us right now! Shame!
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by faceland: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2023
Iamgrey5:
You must tell the whole Nigeria your location so that they can come and get their own too.

It is you people that turn it to business. Everyone is now keeping it because it is written 1000 but in reality it is 1200 in value. I have seen but I have not touch the old notes since Friday 11pm. Anyone that try to pay me, I tell them, 'go and change that fucking money' or do transfer.
Re: Naira swap: Nigeria At Risk Of CBN-Induced Recession - Nigerian Governors' Forum by Osidazz19: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2023
Jflex07:

So you are able to get cash whenever you need it? It's not affecting members of your family? Everything is just fine where you are?
Omo ale ni e. Hatred of Tinubu has blinded you and rendered you brainless. Sad and pathetic.

This is a simple case of doing yourself while you think you are doing someone else. If Tinubu needs 1Billion new notes today, he will get it by tomorrow. So who's really suffering ? Dumbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution / Port Harcourt Refinery Misses June Target / Sheriff Gains Control Of Party’s National secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.