Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,157 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. (553 Views)

‘London Detention’: British Govt Hasn’t Apologised To Obi - Obi/Datti Media / Re: Peter Obi In Sokoto -mr Legendhero, Are You Willing To Eat Your Words Now? / Peter Obi, Obi Cubana, Adeleke, Arthur Eze, Davido Nominated For Man Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by adecz: 10:41am On Feb 13, 2023
It is highly hilarious if you want to diss Seun Kuti, and you say he's an unknown artiste, who has not achieved anything except living on his father's name and that he's not a successful musician.

First, please I am not dabbling into the political matter that caused the fracas between Seun and Peter of P-Square...their politics is non of my business. My grouse is about the fact that Seun's standing as a musician is being questioned.

When it comes to naming real musicians in Nigeria. Please, follow me carefully and note my choice of words...I said Musician! When you talk of musicians in Nigeria today, Seun's name would be in the first 3, and they are not up to 8.

Again, I repeat, I said musician. I did not say singers. Anyone can sing, but not everyone can be a musician. Seun did not only play music, he studied music at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts. He's a "companion" of LIPA. He's a multi-instrumentalist and sound technologist. He's versatile in Saxophone and Piano and a prolific music writer, composer and producer.

Now, talk of any iconic music venue all over the world, Seun has performed there with the band he inherited from his father, Fela. I don't think some people know what it takes for a young man in his 20s to start to lead a band full of men all over 50 and even into their 60s & 70s. This is at least a 25 man band that has performed with Seun in every continent of the world and in world's major music festivals.

Just last week, I was watching Seun and the Egypt 80 band's performance at the Nobel Prize Award in Oslo, Norway in 2008 to a predominantly white audience. Singers don't get invited to perform at such iconic international ceremony. It must be a musician who knows his onions and his musicianship is top notch.

Please, don't because of petty politics throw one of Nigeria's best export into the mud. Egbe isu koniyan....

I don't agree with Seun's politics and his approach as it concerns how we salvage Nigeria, but I will not agree his art and his craft to be rubbished based on cancel culture induced by unnecessary online political fisticuffs.

Kay Lord
Esanradio/tv

Copied.
But again, do these P-Square chaps
play any musical instruments, or as this
write-up says, they are just singers and
dancers❓🤔🤔

Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:55am On Feb 13, 2023
Rubbish....

Seun wey no fit sellout st Francis Catholic secondary school...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by nnaetobi(m): 11:00am On Feb 13, 2023
Rubbish
Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by walefresh3(m): 11:12am On Feb 13, 2023
adecz:
It is highly hilarious if you want to diss Seun Kuti, and you say he's an unknown artiste, who has not achieved anything except living on his father's name and that he's not a successful musician.

First, please I am not dabbling into the political matter that caused the fracas between Seun and Peter of P-Square...their politics is non of my business. My grouse is about the fact that Seun's standing as a musician is being questioned.

When it comes to naming real musicians in Nigeria. Please, follow me carefully and note my choice of words...I said Musician! When you talk of musicians in Nigeria today, Seun's name would be in the first 3, and they are not up to 8.

Again, I repeat, I said musician. I did not say singers. Anyone can sing, but not everyone can be a musician. Seun did not only play music, he studied music at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts. He's a "companion" of LIPA. He's a multi-instrumentalist and sound technologist. He's versatile in Saxophone and Piano and a prolific music writer, composer and producer.

Now, talk of any iconic music venue all over the world, Seun has performed there with the band he inherited from his father, Fela. I don't think some people know what it takes for a young man in his 20s to start to lead a band full of men all over 50 and even into their 60s & 70s. This is at least a 25 man band that has performed with Seun in every continent of the world and in world's major music festivals.

Just last week, I was watching Seun and the Egypt 80 band's performance at the Nobel Prize Award in Oslo, Norway in 2008 to a predominantly white audience. Singers don't get invited to perform at such iconic international ceremony. It must be a musician who knows his onions and his musicianship is top notch.

Please, don't because of petty politics throw one of Nigeria's best export into the mud. Egbe isu koniyan....

I don't agree with Seun's politics and his approach as it concerns how we salvage Nigeria, but I will not agree his art and his craft to be rubbished based on cancel culture induced by unnecessary online political fisticuffs.

Kay Lord
Esanradio/tv

Copied.
But again, do these P-Square chaps
play any musical instruments, or as this
write-up says, they are just singers and
dancers❓🤔🤔
Mine is to post...

"Apart from the headies awards and other local awards, P-square are just a local boy band.

Yes, Seun has a strong family name and it's not his fault that he capitalised on it to get to where he is.

At least, he has achieved a lot in terms of modern music recognition (by getting two Grammy nominations) and he has created a niche for himself.

P-square on the other hand, are the sons of a baker. Yes they have done well, but the Okoye family name is still not as famous as Kuti.

They're poor students of history, because if they had any common sense, they'd know that even Fela rose on the influence of his mother's name.

Just like Davido rose on the influence of his dad's name and wealth.

It's not Seun Kuti's fault that P-square came from a background with no relevance.
It's also not his fault that they are yet to receive a Grammy nomination for all their years of balabu and bulaba.

The fact is that P-square belong to an era long gone and forgotten and the only thing keeping them in news today, is the obidient train.

They know this and they are banking on it for relevance.

They're using the Obi factor as a tool for public relevance and emotional blackmail. But how long will it last?

We all remember DJ Switch and Edris Abdulkareem.
Nobody talks about them again.

Seun was sought after by Obi. P-square are busy following Obi about.

Seun is a legend and not a local stunt like P-square".
~ Nnamdi Wenga

2 Likes

Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by SmartPolician: 11:39am On Feb 13, 2023
I didn't bother to read this.

Move on - give it a rest!
Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by BossGerald: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2023
Both seun and psquare have already moved on with their lives...but you ethnic bigot,

Go and get useful with your life
Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by adecz: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Problem with supporters of Obi is
that they are too desperately intolerant
of any views contrary to their fanatica
support for Obi. There is therefore no
much psychological difference between
them and Boko haram...

Maybe it's because a majority of the
followers are ibos, who we generally
agree, lack much education therefore
are unable to make intellectual contribution,
but prefer vawulence which doesn't
need much brain works.. 🤔🤔🤔
Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by 2mch(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
Seun has two Grammy nominations. Those ignorant Michael Jackson impersonators cannot even clean his shoe in talent. They really showed their ignorance, level of intelligence with that stupid outburst.
Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by jude79(m): 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
adecz:

Problem with supporters of Obi is
that they are too desperately intolerant
of any views contrary to their fanatica
support for Obi. There is therefore no
much psychological difference between
them and Boko haram...

Maybe it's because a majority of the
followers are ibos, who we generally
agree, lack much education therefore
are unable to make intellectual contribution,
but prefer vawulence which doesn't
need much brain works.. 🤔🤔🤔

I thought the op was a batist, why are you focusing on obidients, who are only reacting to the op's drisive attack on psquare, people have forgotten about the beef between the celebs, why the ethnically bigoted op went and dug it up can only be explained by an urchin with a bitter batist enslaved soul, ah!!! As is your usual mode, you have already linked ibos, the blessed people that are living rent free in your head, what a frustrated life

Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by adecz: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
jude79:

I thought the op was a batist, why are you focusing on obidients, who are only reacting to the op's drisive attack on psquare, people have forgotten about the beef between the celebs, why the ethnically bigoted op went and dug it up can only be explained by an urchin with a bitter batist enslaved soul, ah!!! As is your usual mode, you have already linked ibos, the blessed people that are living rent free in your head, what a frustrated life

Another intolerant Igbo sighted❗️❗️😐😐
Re: Re: Peter Obi Obi Issue. Comparing Seun & P-SQUARE Professionally. by jude79(m): 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
adecz:

Another intolerant Igbo sighted❗️❗️😐😐

Flati no, whatever that means, but it seems I have somehow ruptured your pain nerves, enjoy the pain and the accompanying frustrating tears

(1) (Reply)

Great Obidients!!! / Broadcaster Frank Edoho Endorses Peter Obi (Video) / Election Prediction, My Final Analysis. Who's Going To Win.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.