Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? (5858 Views)

Atiku: Obasanjo's Face Should Be On The New Naira Notes / How Redesigned New Naira Notes Will Favour Peter Obi In 2023 By Charles Novia / Godwin Okafor: Naira Notes Will Be Out Of Circulation Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by HardMirror(m): 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
I noticed that since last week the new naira notes have become even more scarce than they were last month.

It was easier to get the notes last month than now. Both in Lagos and Osun state. Is it same in your area?

Why is it getting more scarce instead of more popular? Is it that the notes are getting into the hands of politicians and they have started hoarding it again?

I also suspect that most of the old notes these pos agents are selling are from those that hoarded it before and they are pushing it out.

What do you think is really happeing?

4 Likes

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Jostoman: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
Some bank official will bring money to Atm machine but they will go back with the money to sell it for politician and pos agents, Apc politician are just spending money as if they have machine that is printing money for them. I just pity those PDP Candidate in lagos because they are really short of cash now and apc are just buying poeple with money up and down because of the naira scarcity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Usonkwu: 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
One POS agent near me, that has been lacking cash, suddenly is dispensing old notes at 10% charge. Heard she had over a million that day...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by 9jatriot(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
It is not just politicians that are hoarding the money. Most individuals only agree to spend the money when they have no choice.

Unlike before when you could spend knowing that it was easy to replace, many folks would only release their cash when the transfer option is not available.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by updatechange(m): 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
No be lie, I was sprayed new naira notes while playing some weeks ago… I spent all the new note just the way I spend the old ones.
Since when the money finished now, I haven’t mistakenly touched it.

1 Like

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by HardMirror(m): 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
Usonkwu:
One POS agent near me, that has been lacking cash, suddenly is dispensing old notes at 10% charge. Heard she had over a million that day...
you see what i am saying. I suspected that some people are releasing the hold notes they hoarded. That is what most of these pos are dispensing now.

3 Likes

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by HardMirror(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2023
updatechange:
No be lie, I was sprayed new naira notes while playing some weeks ago… I spent all the new note just the way I spend the old ones.
Since when the money finished now, I haven’t mistakenly touched it.
same thing. I finished allmy new notes and i am only getting old notes now. All my pos agents say they only have old notes. Something is fishy

6 Likes

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by HardMirror(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
Jostoman:
Some bank official will bring money to Atm machine but they will go back with the money to sell it for politician and pos agents, Apc politician are just spending money as if they have machine that is printing money for them. I just pity those PDP Candidate in lagos because they are really short of cash now and apc are just buying poeple with money up and down because of the naira scarcity.
i no fit laugh abeg. Which kind madness is this? If people vex and start with these banks now, they will say they are innocent. But i am sure cbn did not print enough to go round.

1 Like

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Jostoman: 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2023
HardMirror:
i no fit laugh abeg. Which kind madness is this? If people vex and start with these banks now, they will say they are innocent. But i am sure cbn did not print enough to go round.
if all these banks have been honest with the little that CBN have print the pains of the masses wouldn't have been much like this, Apc in Lagos has really taking the advantage of the Naira scarcity by using big money to entice poeple to their evil and calamity party called Apc.

1 Like

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Zandena(f): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
Honestly it getting worst as most banks are loading between 100k to 150k on their ATMs daily.
I witnessed first bank Maitama and Jaiz bank Kano House CBD today. Seven people withdrew a total sum of 100k and the machines stopped dispensing cash as they were emptied. While over the counter withdrawals were pegged at 8k issuing 50 Naira old notes which some customers had to redeposit it back in the bank (Jaiz bank)
I foresee a more difficult Days ahead!
Very disheartening!

4 Likes

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Festival123: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
Buy PayPal Funds For 550 Naira Per $.

You can also let us handle your online payment like eBay, walmart and Aliexpress with PayPal.

Our order starts from $12 to $2k

We have verified PayPal account with zero Balance for sale at a good price.

You can also have us create a verified account in your name and email in less than an hour

... My WhatsApp number is on my Signature and profile
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by inoki247: 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2023
Jostoman:
if all these banks have been honest with the little that CBN have print the pains of the masses wouldn't have been much like this, Apc in Lagos has really taking the advantage of the Naira scarcity by using big money to entice poeple to their evil and calamity party called Apc.

You people are just crying up nd down the politicians are buying the note fine....

But since last week have you seen EFCC and ICPC bursting any bank again CBN sef no see any new notes to give bank so Wu EFCC and ICPC wan burst....

CBN is at fault right now cos I don't think any banks av the note for hand now...

Like this is either CBN prints more note or they allow the old one to circulate bak....

You people are leaving CBN that is to be blame with banks that's trying to milk the Loopholes CBN created if CBN printed enough nobody will try to milk the policy.,.

This not the first time we are doing cash swap we don du plenty cash swap and we have never faced something like this before...

I pray people eyes clear when I was telling people this cash scarcity will even give the politicians more power to buy vote you people are saying No even clueless Obi support the policies, You're saying bkuz Tinubu doesn't support it that means his affected APC is scamming you people buh you can't see it...

6 Likes

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by 1Sharon(f): 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
Are card payments not a thing in Nigeria?
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Parachoko: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
HardMirror:
I noticed that since last week the new naira notes have become even more scarce that they were last month.

It was easier to get the notes last month than now. Both in Lagos and Osun state. Is it same in your area?

Why is it getting more scarce instead of more popular? Is it that the notes are getting into the hands of politicians and they have started hoarding it again?

I also suspect that most of the old notes these pos agents are selling are from those that hoarded it before and they are pushing it out.

The OP no hear say no paper to print money again?

I don't think CBN is giving the banks money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by HardMirror(m): 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
Festival123:

Buy PayPal Funds For 550 Naira Per $.

You can also let us handle your online payment like eBay, walmart and Aliexpress with PayPal.

Our order starts from $12 to $2k

fraud. You will sell paypal usd for N550. Hahahaha. Ole buruku.

4 Likes

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by HardMirror(m): 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2023
inoki247:

You people are just crying up nd down the politicians are buying the note fine....

But since last week have you seen EFCC and ICPC bursting any bank again CBN sef no see any new notes to give bank so Wu EFCC and ICPC wan burst....

CBN is at fault right now cos I don't think any banks av the note for hand now...

Like this is either CBN prints more note or they allow the old one to circulate bak....

You people are leaving CBN that is to be blame with banks that's trying to milk the Loopholes CBN created if CBN printed enough nobody will try to milk the policy.,.

This not the first time we are doing cash swap we don du plenty cash swap and we have never faced something like this before...

I pray people eyes clear when I was telling people this cash scarcity will even give the politicians more power to buy vote you people are saying No even clueless Obi support the policies, You're saying bkuz Tinubu doesn't support it that means his affected APC is scamming you people buh you can't see it...
hmmm. Cbn is truly at fault. They created the scarcity and the banks are capitalizing on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by HardMirror(m): 3:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
1Sharon:
Are card payments not a thing in Nigeria?
over 60% of nigerians dont have a bank account. We cant use card to pay for everything here.

2 Likes

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by visaclick: 3:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
Usonkwu:
one POS Despensing yesterday had over 10m if I'm to do eye counting coz the bundles were more 40
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by inoki247: 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
HardMirror:
hmmm. Cbn is truly at fault. They created the scarcity and the banks are capitalizing on it.

So we can't leave CBN and be blaming banks this not our first cash swap CBN was the one Wu created the loopholes the Bank 🏦 are milking...

If they've done the right thing the banks no go ever see any loopholes for the cash swap....

Imagine the new note is now playing hide and seek with the masses....

Since last week now u no deliver new notes to bank what du u expect them to pay with....

That's why bank like Zenith bank don even close down since last week before the masses use dem du Suya...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Zulum500: 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Jostoman:

Keep talking balderdash and gibberish..
APC APC APC
Okorosss wetin do you

Na datti first cry 🤣😁
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Authoreety: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
Corruption is fighting back!
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by MarketDispatch: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
HardMirror:
I noticed that since last week the new naira notes have become even more scarce that they were last month.

Banks will rather give you old notes than new notes...Banks are trying to find a loop hole to use old notes
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by faceland: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
We are hiding it.

1k of the new note is worth 1200 naira.
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by MarketDispatch: 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
HardMirror:
I

Banks will rather give you old notes than new notes...Banks are trying to find a loop hole to use old notes
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by faceland: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
It is a failing project
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Rebelutionary: 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
9jatriot:
It is not just politicians that are hoarding the money. Most individuals only agree to spend the money when they have no choice.

Unlike before when you could spend knowing that it was easy to replace, many folks would only release their cash when the transfer option is not available.
You just said my thought. I have 15K of N100 notes and if you see how I am miserly in spending it because if I make miatake and burn it...hmmm
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Rebelutionary: 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
inoki247:

So we can't leave CBN and be blaming banks this not our first cash swap CBN was the one Wu created the loopholes the Bank 🏦 are milking...

If they've done the right thing the banks no go ever see any loopholes for the cash swap....

Imagine the new note is now playing hide and seek with the masses....

Since last week now u no deliver new notes to bank what du u expect them to pay with....

That's why bank like Zenith bank don even close down since last week before the masses use dem du Suya...
You no wetin dey happen brother...dem messup finish begin pass blame around
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by Rexymania(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
None of my business.

Na make I dey see money spend and buy anything I want. Shekina
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by PerfectMan24: 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2023
Politicians are hoarding the new currency. I believed the will release it in April.
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by 1Sharon(f): 5:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
HardMirror:
over 60% of nigerians dont have a bank account. We cant use card to pay for everything here.

Wow...I understand why
Re: NEW NAIRA NOTES: Has Anyone Noticed This? And Is It True In Your Area Too? by 9gerian: 5:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Thank you.

The only reason to hoard any item successfully is when there is scarcity, else hoarding is useless and ineffective.

inoki247:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Protest To Happen If Asiwaju Appoints Any Igbo Into Position / External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN / Meet No 1 Council Chairman In Enugu,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.