Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,661 members, 7,865,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 57. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 57. (175 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 57. by PastorSomba(m): 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 57.

Acts 13:39 (KJV) And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Romans 3:20, 23-24, 26, 28 (KJV) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin....23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:....26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus....28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

57. The man under the law cannot live by faith. Under the law you receive according to what you have done. Under faith we receive only according the grace of God in all that Christ has done for us. Under the law you received according to your obedience, but under grace you receive according to what you believe. It is unto you according to your faith, not according to your obedience. The law demanded obedience because it was based on a set rules and regulations of behaviour. But grace demands faith because it is based on free gifts. Faith could not be revealed in the old testament because no one was just and no one was justified to receive anything from God. It is the finished work ofJesus that declared God just or the just one. It is also by the redemptive work of Christ that God became the justifier of all who believe in Christ. Under the law all men were condemned to die without hope and God had no justification to save anyone or bless them.

In Acts 7:52 Jesus is called the just one and in him and through faith in him we become just and can live by faith. The word of God Jesus is just and the only thing that justifies. The word of God can only be lived by faith, as a result the just can only live a just life by faith. The just life is only in Jesus, the faith life is only in Jesus. Until Jesus came no one was just and no one had faith. But righteousness was credited to them in advance until Jesus the true righteousness of God was revealed.

Faith is only for the righteous and for the just or the justified. A sinner does not have faith, a sinner can never have faith. If a sinner has faith then he can please God, for only faith pleases God. All men became sinners because of the lack of faith and unbelief of Adam the first man. From then every man is born a sinner because he is born without faith. Whatever is not of faith is sin. At the new birth we cease to be sinners because we are born again as a result of the gift of the faith of God which we received when we believed and accepted the word of the gospel we heard. Faith comes only by hearing the word of God. It is this gift of the faith of God that makes us righteous, justifies us and makes us just.

We are made just by faith and we can only live a justified life by faith. When we walk in unbelief we disqualify ourselves from being righteous and just. And when we don't walk by faith we disqualify ourselves from the promises and blessings of God. Notice it is not God or Christ that disqualifies but your unbelief. Unbelief is the refusal or inability to take by faith whatever God has given freely by grace. There is no unbelief under the law because there were no free gifts from God. Whatever the Isrealites were unable to receive due to unbelief in the old testament, it must be part of the promise of God to Abraham not a promise by the law.

All the blessings and promises of God in Christ are only for the righteous through faith and for the just through faith. Our unbelief disqualifies us, it is not God or the devil. Whatever you want God to do for you the first thing you have to do is to get all the scriptures that promised you what you are asking and believe them as yours in your heart. It is on this basis of your faith in the word of promise that makes you righteous and justified to receive and have the promise. This is the true holiness God is seeking from us. But most of us spend so much time trying to sought out our outward righteousness, holiness and obedience and using that as basis to claim our promises and blessings. Such is unbelief and such persons will always be disappointed. Grace be with you. Galatians 3:1-29; 5:3-5; Ephesians 1:3,11; 2:4-9; Romans 1:16-17; 4:13-16; 5:1,12-21; 8:29-30; 10:17; 14:23; Colossians 1:16-20; Genesis 15:5-6; John 1:1-3,12-13; Hebrews 4:2; 11:6; 1Corinthians 15:21-22;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Abbah Our Father Enthrone Righteousness Over Nigeria / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/02/2023 / Seeds Of Destiny 20 March 2023: Rising By Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.