Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury (1022 Views)

Joshua Selman Is A False Teacher By Shotola And Yesufu / Pastor Michael Todd Coughs & Rubs Spit On Members Face To Prove A Point / "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
False teacher Todd Bentley posts he is 'booked to spend several days’ at 'Asbury revival' — university says he was not invited to speak
By Michael Marcavage on February 13, 2023

(Christian News Network) — Todd Bentley, who once claimed to cure cancer by kicking a woman in the face, has announced that he is "booked to spend several days” in what is being called a "revival" at Asbury—a university chapel service that grew into a daily, larger meeting of students and others from all over, who seek to worship and experience the presence of God at the meetings being held at Asbury University.

Earlier this month, on February 8, a chapel service took place in Hughes Memorial Auditorium on Asbury University’s campus in Wilmore, Kentucky, in which a message was delivered on confession and repentance. After the formal service ended, a group of students stayed behind to worship, which eventually resulted in more and more students attending. The services have been now attracting many outside of the university campus and from afar, including well-known false teacher Todd Bentley.

Bentley, a Canadian charismatic minister and professed faith healer who was behind the false Lakeland Revival in 2008, took to Facebook to announce that he was on his way this week to the campus—encouraging his followers to “catch” it and meet him there.

"I am booked to spend several days in the #asburyrevival in Wilmore Kentucky this week. This is a sovereign outpouring I’m i’m (sic) going to soak in for a few days! Let’s catch it #Spreadthefire Who is hungry for God too," Bentley posted to his Facebook page.

In a message to Asbury University about Bentley’s recent post, the university responded, in part, that "[s]ecurity and leadership are aware" of Bentley’s impending travel to the campus.

Additionally, during a call with Asbury’s Director of Strategic Communications Abby Laub, Christian News Network was informed that Bentley "was not invited to come and speak at Asbury, and the university is being very careful to steward what God is doing here."

The university also noted they were alerted by others who have been contacting the school due to Bentley’s online postings.

In January 2020, a panel of six charismatic leaders concluded that Bentley was disqualified for leadership or ministry based on “credible accusations of a steady pattern of ungodly and immoral behavior.”

The panel, led by popular charismatic author Dr. Michael Brown, said in the statement addressing the controversary:

Based on our careful review of numerous first-hand reports, some of them dating back to 2004, we state our theological opinion and can say with one voice that, without a doubt, Todd is not qualified to serve in leadership or ministry today. There are credible accusations of a steady pattern of ungodly and immoral behavior, confirmed by an independent investigator’s interviews dating from 2008 up through 2019, along with other testimonies dating back to 2004. And while we only took into account first-hand reports, there are many other second and third-hand reports repeating the same accusations …

Sadly, we see no signs of true, lasting repentance. Instead, we see a steady pattern of compromised behaviour, including credible accusations of adultery, sexting (including the exchanging of nude pictures or videos), vulgar language, and substance abuse.

Additionally, the panel’s statement noted that Bentley "declined to answer a list of 60 questions" compiled by an investigator "after initially agreeing to respond." Instead, Bentley required the investigator to submit questions to his attorney, "after which (Bentley) ceased communicating with Dr. Brown or the investigator."

In 2008, Bentley had separated from his wife, Shonnah, and became romantically-involved with another woman, Jessa, while still married to Shonnah. Jessa, who Bentley would later marry, told Charisma Magazine in a 2009 interview that “it was still wrong for us to have anything romantic, regardless if anything physical happened or not” and that it was "sin."

During one of Bentley’s events, Jessa was invited to the pulpit to share a dream she had, resulting in violent shaking, which some have noted as evidence of demonic possession, and Bentley citing as "wild fire."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjMYqDHbYtg

It is unknown what involvement Bentley seeks to have at Asbury apart from attending, though others have expressed concerns about him traveling there, calling him on social media a "heretic" and in need of repentance.

Source

False teacher Todd Bentley posts he is 'booked to spend several days’ at 'Asbury revival' — university says he was not invited to speak.
Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41am On Feb 14, 2023
Asbury Professor: We're Witnessing a 'Surprising Work of God'
Why I’m hopeful about the revival breaking out in our chapel and its implications for the campus and beyond.
TOM MCCALL|FEBRUARY 13, 2023

Full Story

For days, students at Asbury University have been praising and praying in many languages, reading Scripture and repenting of sin.
“There is no high-pitched emotional fervour," reports a professor. "To the contrary, it has been mostly calm and serene.
I cannot analyse—or even adequately describe—all that is happening, but there is no doubt in my mind that God is present and active."
Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39am On Feb 14, 2023
Jesus has jumped all over me tonight. I’m an apostolic Pentecostal and I’ve just witnessed something that I’ve never experienced before in my life….complete freedom in worship. It’s nobody’s fault but my own. Where the spirit of the Lord there is liberty and I’ve just experienced something that has changed me.
I’m used to 3 songs..2 testimonies…a sermon and we’re out the door and at the Mexican restaurant before you can say…Hello Dolly and I don’t mean that in a bad way but so many times as Christians we rush through our services and we miss out on no telling what. Tonight I sit in a revival at 10:30 at night and it’s packed out AND there’s no end insight. There are 3 chapels on this campus and they are packed out. The balconies and the front steps are packed out with people seeking God. The front lawn is packed. It’s insane…..and people are still pouring in.
There are no professional singers or piano players. They told us that. If someone felt led…they got up and sang. There is complete peace and order to it all. People are singing to the top of their lungs. Good singers and bad singers…all are singing together without the fear of who can sing better. Everybody is singing. It is so beautiful.
People are bawling. People are hollering. People are clapping. People are jumping. People are down in the floor praying and seeking the face of God. There’s no end to the praise and the repentance. I have never seen so many open bibles and so much sincerity in all of my life. I could feel a hunger that I’ve never felt before.
There’s no order to the service….it just keeps going and going. Nobody wants to leave. A man..a preacher kind of guy…an ex Jew he told he was….stood up and said to the congregation…WHAT IS HAPPENING It’s Jesus…he said. There’s no program. There’s no one telling anyone what to do. People are literally just standing and feeling after the presence of God. It’s goes from a hush to a roar.
I am utterly moved. I can’t believe that I’ve ever walked into my church and that at times I’ve been too ashamed to raise my hands and praise God. There has been pride in my heart. After all that God has done for me and to know that I’ve had pride in my heart….that’s awful. God help me do better. 😢
There is complete freedom here. A woman standing beside me was singing to the top of her lungs…she was singing from her heart….it was so beautiful and all of the sudden she began to speak in other tongues. The hair stood up on me. I knew God had filled her with the Holy Ghost. She began to wail in the spirit.
The alter is open at all times. You can pray at anytime and somebody will pray with you. There is nothing rushed. They are waiting on the Lord. It’s amazing.
Asbury said if you’re here and you need a place to sleep they will find you a place to stay. There are literally 1000’s of people and they are helping people with whatever they need.
I experienced the LOVE OF GOD tonight and it’s powerful. It made me think about everything in my life.
Get in your car and come to the #asburyrevival. There are people from all walks of life….from every religion…dressed in all kinds of clothing….bawling and seeking God.
May God never ever let me be religious again and only seek after him and what’s pleasing to him. May his presence fall like rain in these last days. The Bible says that in the last days God will pour out his spirit upon all flesh…and he did tonight. He’s still doing right now……🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
I’m thankful for my religion. I’m thankful to be in the truth. I’m thankful for Acts 2:38.
Oh God I need you more than ever.
Can you imagine a prayer meeting that started last Wednesday night has turned into this?! It has went on for 24 hours a day and for 5 days now and there's no end in sight.
#asburyuniversity

Copied.
Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2023
Asbury Student Who Ran Away From God Ends Up Encountering Jesus In Asbury Revival
written by Christel Berns February 14, 2023

An Asbury student who ran away from God left the chapel on Wednesday because he wasn’t interested in joining the service. But after he came back, the Holy Spirit filled him.

https://godtv.com/asbury-student-ran-away-from-god-encountering-jesus-revival/

Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23am On Feb 18, 2023
Revival Spreads to Cedarville and Samford Universities: ‘God Is Working on Our Campus’

The fires of revival continue to burn at Asbury University in Kentucky and numerous reports reveal the Holy Spirit has ignited several other flames that are now burning brightly at other universities and colleges around the country.

Read more below:

https://endtimeheadlines.org/2023/02/revival-spreads-to-cedarville-and-samford-universities-god-is-working-on-our-campus/

Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2023
JD WALT, ASBURY CHAPLAIN SPEAKS UP; "JESUS IS THE ONLY CELEBRITY HERE"
written by Christa February 17, 2023

"After the usual chapel service last Wednesday. Nothing impressive. Just another day, But then students, for unknown reasons other than the hand of God, began to come back to the chapel."

https://godtv.com/jd-walt-asbury-chaplain-speaks-up-jesus-is-the-only-celebrity-here/

Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2023
MARATHON WORSHIP 'Asbury Revival' Enters 10th Day As Movement Spreads To More Campuses
Published February 18, 2023 12:34pm EST

The around-the-clock revival erupted after students refused to leave a chapel service, and has drawn worshipers from all over America.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/asbury-revival-marathon-worship-senters-10th-day-similar-services-grow-other-college-campuses

Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Feb 19, 2023
Asbury University to end 24-hour ‘revival’ service, no longer stream services, list new guidelines and schedule
Feb 18, 2023

Asbury University has announced it will end the 24-hour ‘revival’ service, no longer stream services, list new guidelines and schedule. The last public service is to be held tomorrow on the 19th. Read more below:

https://endtimeheadlines.org/2023/02/asbury-university-to-end-24-hour-revival-service-no-longer-stream-services-list-new-guidelines-and-schedule/

Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2023
10 OBSERVATIONS ABOUT THE ASBURY REVIVAL FROM MAN WHO WITNESSED 1970 REVIVAL
"Time seems to slow down."
written by Rhoda Gayle February 18, 2023

It’s like the revival that happened 53 years ago is again happening today. Rob listed 10 observations he had from the Asbury Revival:

https://godtv.com/10-observation-asbury-revival/?fbclid=IwAR33T6jhR8Rh7MWpLjfLkO6GStaCC_-w9q3uaewEiwLIxeRJv-xuc39BfFY

Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED AT ASBURY UNIVERSITY MORE THAN 50 YEARS AGO

We saw countless video testimonies about people worshiping, repenting, and being revived in the recent and ongoing Asbury revival.
But it turns out, this wasn’t the first time.

https://godtv.com/this-is-what-happened-at-asbury-university-more-than-50-years-ago/

1 Like

Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2023
ANOTHER CAMPUS REVIVAL BREAKS OUT AT CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY

Amid the ongoing revival at the Asbury Campus in Kentucky, another campus revival breaks out at Cedarville University in Ohio.

https://godtv.com/another-campus-revival-breaks-out-cedarville-university/

Re: False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2023
Also, revival spreads to Cedarville and Samford Universities.
Read Now https://www.charismanews.com/7-news/91550-morning-rundown-jeremiah-johnson-the-true-assignment-of-the-devil-at-asbury-university
All who have attended the Asbury University revival have talked about the authenticity of the move of the Holy Spirit. God's love and tenderness is bringing many to repentance and revival is spreading to other college campuses across the nation.
Prophet Jeremiah Johnson is warning Christians about some of the responses and perspectives being posted online.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Nativity Scene Featuring Two Mothers Of Baby Jesus Sparks Outrage / Ramadan Kareem / Da Vinci Code-- Why Should I Believe It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.