Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? (1609 Views)

What Happened To The Blacks Of Ancient Egypt.. / Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient Nigerian Migrants? / Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 11:58pm On Feb 13, 2023
Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt?

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by bewla(m): 12:11am On Feb 14, 2023
Maybe
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Maazieze(m): 12:13am On Feb 14, 2023
No, utter nonsense dreamt by those divorced from their history by colonial trauma
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:01am On Feb 14, 2023
how about Egyptians originate from Nigerians? Why does it have to be the other way around? Low self esteem?

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Praxis758: 1:25am On Feb 14, 2023
The Arab invasion of North Africa from 638AD to 642AD had a significant effect in displacing the aborigines of Hamitic race from that part of the continent.

However, the displacement led to the migration to the central, western and southern parts of Africa. This is the very reason why most ethnic nationalities in Africa trace their roots back to the ancient Egypt or North Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by ednut1(m): 1:57am On Feb 14, 2023
Praxis758:
The Arab invasion of North Africa from 638AD to 642AD had a significant effect in displacing the aborigines of Hamitic race from that part of the continent.

However, the displacement led to the migration to the central, western and southern parts of Africa. This is the very reason why most ethnic nationalities in Africa trace their roots back to the ancient Egypt or North Africa.
false

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 5:06am On Feb 14, 2023
Praxis758:

100% correct. I might also add that the desertification of the once fertile, populated Sahara played a big part in African migration southwards into west and central Africa.
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 5:09am On Feb 14, 2023

When I saw the image above, and the identical nature of the two deities, the Child of Obatala of the Yorubas, and the Egyptian god Bes, I thought, ''so the child of Obatala's name is 'Bes' in Ancient Egyptian''.

I then said to myself ''I wonder what the child of Obatala's name is in Yorubaland. I bet it has the word 'bes' or similar in it''.

I then researched Google, and found this site owned by a Yoruba chief, https://owulakoda./2011/01/19/olowu-the-son-of-obatala/

and boom!

The Yoruba name for the Son of Obatala is AJI BOS IN.

ie,

'BES'

smiley

According to Wiki,

''Bes may have been a Middle Kingdom import from Nubia or Somalia, and his cult did not become widespread until the beginning of the New Kingdom.

Worship of Bes spread as far north as the area of Syria and as far west as the Balearic Islands (Ibiza) in Spain, and later into the Roman and Achaemenid Empires.

Bes was a household protector, becoming responsible – throughout ancient Egyptian history – for such varied tasks as killing snakes, fighting off evil spirits, watching after children, and aiding women in labour by fighting off evil spirits, and thus present with Taweret at births....

Like many Egyptian gods, the worship of Bes or Beset was exported overseas. While the female variant had been more popular in Minoan Crete, the male version would prove popular with the Phoenicians and the ancient Cypriots. The Balearic island of Ibiza derives its name from the god's name, brought along with the first Phoenician settlers in 654 BC. These settlers, amazed at the lack of any sort of venomous creatures on the island, thought it to be the island of Bes (<איבשם> ʔybšm, *ʔibošim, yibbōšīm "dedicated to Bes" )

''Yibbosim''?

''Ibosim''?

AJIBOSIN?

Coincidence? I don't think so. wink

One more thing. Although his name was 'Bes' in Egypt, the vowel 'E' is actually a guess by interpreters, because the Egyptians did not write vowels in their hieroglyphics.

So the rendition would simply be 'BS', and it would be modern-day interpreters of the text that would guess what vowel was actually used by the speakers.

So it could very well have been pronounced 'iBosi' by the ancient Egyptians, matching 'Ajibosin'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by christistruth01: 5:44am On Feb 14, 2023
Praxis758:

In the Bible the land of Ham (Egypt) is the father of Black Africa from which came the
Nubians (Sudan) and Ethiopians

The Chinese and Greeks are also believed to be descendants of Ham

But Egyptian Art and Traditional Nigerian Art are not similar because many Nigerian Tribes migrated from Sudan
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 6:01am On Feb 14, 2023
christistruth01:

In the Bible the land of Ham (Egypt) is the father of Black Africa from which came the
Nubians (Sudan) and Ethiopians

The Chinese and Greeks are also believed to be descendants of Ham

But Egyptian Art and Traditional Nigerian Art are not similar because many Nigerian Tribes migrated from Sudan

Yoruba sculpture has been frequently compared to Ancient Egyptian.

Sudanese, ie Nubian culture is what gave birth to Egyptian culture. There is virtually no difference between the two. Sudan even has more pyramids than Egypt, and they are older and smaller.

Pharaoh Amenhotep - 1300s BCE

Ife Bronzes, 12th century AD

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Buhari4sale: 6:07am On Feb 14, 2023
Yes except igbos
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 6:25am On Feb 14, 2023
Buhari4sale:
Yes except igbos

Wrong.

''The religious pantheon of the Igbos and the ancient Egyptians share many similar ancestors, many of them bearing identical names.

They shared the sun-god worship of Ra, Chukwu Ra; Egyptians were similarly fetishitic about circumcision, and menstrual periods like the Igbos. Similar hair styles, similar martial arts and self defense schools, similar social structures.

But for now, we will focus on some observed lingusitic similarities that exist between ancient Egyptian language and present day Igbo language, for many Egyptian words yet survive in the Igbo language today. This is a current topical area of research in linguistics and history.

A small list of Ancient Egyptian words which survive in the Igbo language are as follows:

EGYPTIAN | IGBO (Onitsha and Uburu dialects used) KAKA(God) | Ka (greater, superior)
Khu (to kill, death) | Nwu/Gbu (die/to kill)
Em (smell) | Imi/Emi (nose, associated with smell)
Bi (to become) | Bu (to become)
un (living being) | Ndu (life)
Feh (to go away) | Feh (to fly away)
Budo (dwelling place) | Obodo/ubudo (country, dwelling place)
Dudu (black image of Osiris) | Mmadu (person)
Un (living person) | Ulo/Uno (living area, house)
Beka (pray/confess) | Biko/Beko (to plead, please)
Aru (mouth) | Onu (mouth) & kooh/Kwue (to speak)
Dor (settlement) | Dor-Nor (sit down, settle)
Ra -Shu (light after darkness) | La -Shu (sleep)
Aru (rise) | Anu/Kulie (up, rise)
Wu (rise) | KWu-ni/Kunie (rise)
In- n (negation) nh-n (negation)
Ma (to know) | Ma, Ma-li (to know)
Se (to create) | Ke (to create) & Se (to draw)
Hoo (rejoice) | Goo, ta-Goo (dance, rejoice)
Omijener (deep water) | Ime-me (deep inside)
Nen (the primeval water mother) | Nem (mother)
Ro (talk) | Kwo (to talk)
Penka (divide) Panje (break it)
Ala (Land of) | Ala (Land of, ground, boundary)
Amu (children) | Umu (children)
Ani (ground land below) | Ani (ground land below)
Ka (higher) | Ka (greater, higher, stronger, above)
Pa (open) | Meghee (open)
Isi (leader) | Isi (leader, head (body part), female name as in igbo: “Isioma”)
Oni (AE City) | Oni-tsha (Igbo City)
Ikhenaten (name of a Pharaoh) | Ikh-em (Igbo name for a male representing high power)
Au-nu (Crocodile) | Anu/Anu-Ma-nu (animal, beast)
Miri (water) | Miri (water)
Nahasu (other Blacks) | Ahasi/Ani-hasi (Evening, night)
Ak (man) | Ok-a (man)
Ehn/Hen (yes, nod head) | Eh (yes, nod head)
Paa/Faa (fly) | Feeh/Faa (fly)
Utcha (dawn) | Uchi-chi/Utchi-chi(night)
MM (among) | Imme (inside, among)
W (they) | Uwe (they, them)''

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/igbos-of-nigeria-and-ancient-kemitians-of-kemit-egypt-oguejiofo-annu/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 6:48am On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 7:42am On Feb 14, 2023
Aristotle (384-322 B.C.E.) Greek philosopher, scientist, and tutor to Alexander the Great.

Aristotle is said to have written 150 philosophical treatises.

He wrote:

"Too black a hue marks the coward as witness Egyptians and Ethiopians and so does also too white a complexion as you may see from women, the complexion of courage is between the two."

(Physiognomics, Vol. VI, 812a)
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 8:03am On Feb 14, 2023
The Link Between Modern Yoruba and Edekiri and Ancient Egyptians

By Reno Omokri at the Great Pyramid of Giza, in Cairo, Egypt

I have been in Egypt for the past few days, investigating the origins of religion. I can’t say all I have found out. The last time I wrote what I found out in Israel, it was a shock to many. So, I will only give a diluted version.

First and foremost, there is nothing like Moses. That name was distorted by the Masonic European translators of Scripture. The original name is Mose. It is NOT a Hebrew or Jewish name. It is an ancient Egyptian name. Mose did indeed kill an Egyptian who maltreated a Hebrew slave. But, there was more to his leaving Egypt than that. There was a power struggle. Mose left Egypt (which in reality is called Kemet, from where we get Chemistry and Alchemy, because the ancient Egyptians were masters of magi, which means wisdom, but which has been twisted to the word magic, which is similar to witchcraft) and was married to an Ethiopian woman (Numbers 12:2). Do you know what Moses is called in Amharic (Ethiopia’s official language)? Mose. They kept his original name! The Hebrews/Israelites/Israelis, call him Moshe (till today), because of their problem pronouncing the letter S (please read Judges 12:6). The Arabs call him Musa.

Coincidentally (or not), ancient Egypt had a Pharaoh named Thut-Mose the First. Last year, I wrote an article ‘The Ijebu, the Yoruba and their influence on the Bible and Judaism’. Read it. Then Google and compare the image of Pharaoh Thut-Mose with that of the Ife Bronze image of an Ooni of Ife.

Do you know that the word Mose is actually a name in Edekiri (the original name for the Yoruba) language? Mose is short for Mosebolatan (which means ‘I thought my glory was finished’). It could be said that when Mose left Kemet, he thought his glory was finished!

Just as the Europeans come and take cocoa from Africa and refine it in Europe, only to sell it to us as chocolate, so have European Masons taken our pure and undefiled FAITH, refined it, and bamboozled us by selling us RELIGION. Mose existed. Christ existed and still exists (in heaven). He is the only way to God, who actually exists. But I encourage Africans, read the Scripture in the original language (Hebrew and Aramaic). It is possible. I do it. Apostle Suleman has read the entire Scripture in Hebrew and Aramaic, 34 times. Do it and you will never be the same.

The ‘Yoruba’ people are some of the most spiritual people on Earth, (if not the most spiritual bar none). Sadly, however, a lot of Yoruba people do not know that there is absolutely nothing like Yoruba as a people or as a language or a people. Yoruba is a modern creation, from a mispronounced Fulani word.

The term Yoruba did not exist before the 19th Century. Yoruba is just like the English language, which was created as a mishmash of several Germanic languages, including German, Danish and Dutch, when a mixed mash of Saxons came to Britain in the 4th Century and mixed in with the Angle tribe that was native to Britain. When Samuel Ajayi Crowther was captured by Fulani slave traders from his village of Osoogun in 1821 at the age of 12, he reported that he could neither speak nor understand the language of the villages they passed through on the way to Lagos. These were villages in present day Ogun and Oyo. Google it yourself. Don’t take my word for it.

At that time, there was Egba language, Ijebu, Owu, Awori, Ijesha, Ondo, etc. So how did Yoruba come about? When the Portuguese entered Eko and changed the name to Lagos, it became a big trading post and attracted a variety of Edekiri people (Edekiri is the actual name for the group of languages now referred to as Yoruba).

Gradually, they evolved a mixture of their various dialects and thus began the origins of the modern Yoruba language. As Lagos grew in importance under the British, so did the new language grow in vocabulary and spread. But if you understand the pure roots of Edekiri languages, you will be able to understand bits and pieces of almost all languages spoken from modern-day Kwara, to Kogi, to Edo, to parts of Delta, and to the Southwest states, and to Benin Republic.

Now, in my present pilgrimage to Egypt, a land that was known as Kemet by the original Black inhabitants who were pushed deeper into Africa by wave after wave of invaders, my Egyptologist guide kept on mentioning names that would sound familiar to anyone who is aware of the pure Edekiri language before it was diluted in Lagos. One of such names is Tiye, wife of Pharaoh Amenhotep III and daughter of Yuya and Tuya. Tiye was Black. This is undisputed in Egyptology. Her DNA was tested. But the interesting thing is that the root word of Tiye’s name and the name of her parents (Yuya and Tuya) is Iye or Iya, which is the pure Edekiri word for mother.

Do you still doubt me? Okay. Let’s go deeper. Tiye’s son, who succeeded his father as Pharaoh was Smenkhkare. Google it. That is a pure Edekiri name that is still being used as a name amongst the Edo of Benin. You have such similar names as Nosakhare, Nehikhare. Another of her son’s name, who also became Pharaoh, is Akenaten. This is also a root of Edekiri ‘s name that is still being used in Benin till this very day. In fact, the Binis had a king (Oba) named Oba Akenzua. You will also notice a strong similarity between the ancient Egyptians and the Edekiri people – they did not write their history in words. They carved it, in wood, stone, and metal, using symbols.

Now, let us talk about the pyramids of Egypt (which are in reality the Pyramids of Kemet). They were built 4600 years ago. By who? Google the Groundnut Pyramids of Nigeria. They were built entirely by native Hausa people. They were not built under the direction of the British. Native Hausas built them just like they once built the pyramids in Egypt. Do you know there are pyramids in Nigeria? Google the Nsude Pyramids. These are pyramids built by people of Igbo origin for their god, Ala. it is not known exactly when these pyramids were built, only that they are prehistoric.

Many Black Africans are surprised to learn that the Oba of Benin actually had a full scale pyramid in his palace before it was destroyed by the British, during their invasion of Benin empire in 1897. Why would the British destroy a pyramid? What quarrel did they have with it? I do not know. I can only theorise that they did it because it upset their version of history with regards to the ancient Egyptian pyramids.
Unfortunately for them, British missionaries took a picture of the pyramid before it was destroyed.

This picture is today in a Jos Museum. Now, I previously wrote that the biblical Moses is not named Moses, but in reality his name was Mose and that he was of Black origin. Recall that when the ancient Israelites were dying of snake bites in the wilderness, the Scriptural Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole and anyone who looked at it was saved from death (see Numbers 21:9).

According to 2 Kings 18:4 identified the name of that snake as Nehushtan. That word Nehushtan is similar to the Bini word N’ehi, which means what destiny did. Could Moses’ snake be the snake of destiny? I ask, because on the Oba of Benin’s pyramid that was destroyed by the British, there is a coiled snake (Google the picture).

You will also notice that a coiled snake (cobra) is always found on the ceremonial headdress of ancient Egyptian Pharaoh’s.

The truth is that, had the British not destroyed the ancient Benin Kingdom, we may have been able to draw much more precise linkages between their civilisation and that of the Kemet of ancient Egypt.

I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I believe that Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. I believe in the Holy Spirit. However, let me state that modern European Christianity, as differentiated from the pure faith that Christ brought to Earth, has done so much damage to the psyche of the Black African. Not all of our ancient ways are evil. Some of them were and are more Godly than the so-called ‘Christian’ practices of the West.

I recall when I worked in the British Parliament and I met with the then Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams. This was in 2003. My father was visiting me from Nigeria. I was so excited after shaking the Archbishop, that I refuse to wash my hands and I rushed home to tell my father. I will NEVER forget what he told me. I am quoting him.

This is a man who always spoke impeccable Queen’s English (he was educated by the British). He shouted at me ‘go wash that your dirty hand. Archbishop when dey support gay priest Na that one be Archbishop’!

While many of the European missionaries, like Mary Slessor, and David Livingstone, were sincere, a lot of them were not. What they did was take advantage of Africans, who were sincere in their worship, and weaponized their zeal, while starving them of true knowledge. Let me assure you of one thing, if you read Scripture in its original language (not as hard as you think), your life will never be the same.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/11/24/the-link-between-modern-yoruba-and-edekiri-and-ancient-egyptians/
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 8:12am On Feb 14, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
how about Egyptians originate from Nigerians? Why does it have to be the other way around? Low self esteem?

This is the type of nonsense you type when you don't know your history, and think Egypt was white or Arab.

What does it matter what way or the other we originated when Egypt was a black civilization?

Heavy settlement in West Africa is comparatively RECENT. In ancient antiquity, it was virtually empty.

Majority of Africans lived in the North, the present day Sahara desert (which was fertile and inhabited thousands of years ago) North East, East, and South of the continent. What drove major groups to West Africa was fleeing from endless foreign invasions of the Nile Valley, culminating in the Arab invasion of the 700s AD, and the rapid desertification of the Sahara.

This is why ever major group in West Africa has a tradition of having migrated from 'the north' in ancient times.
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by nameo: 8:41am On Feb 14, 2023
Napata77:

This is the type of nonsense you type when you don't know your history, and think Egypt was white or Arab.

What does it matter what way or the other we originated when Egypt was a black civilization?

Heavy settlement in West Africa is comparatively RECENT. In ancient antiquity, it was virtually empty.

Majority of Africans lived in the North, the present day Sahara desert (which was fertile and inhabited thousands of years ago) North East, East, and South of the continent. What drove major groups to West Africa was fleeing from endless foreign invasions of the Nile Valley, culminating in the Arab invasion of the 700s AD, and the rapid desertification of the Sahara.

This is why ever major group in West Africa has a tradition of having migrated from 'the north' in ancient times.

Nigerians did not come from Ancient Egypt, Bros

The "similarities" you see(there are also many dissimilarities) is due to the fundamental linkages from the common origins of both Ancient Egypt and some other African civiliations/cultures( from the sahara desert).

Ancient Egypt was African in origin(from the Eastern Sahara); was fundamentally a ("Black"wink African culture throughout its over 4000yrs history(arising from the origin i talked about earlier); but its people were somewhat "mixed"(depending on time and place) altho the majority of them at the earlier times, esp in Upper Egypt, would have been mostly "Black".

Other African civilisations on the other hand developed on their own terms and trajectory. They didnt arise due to some migatory "super" Egyptians. The small similarities to see is from the common origins i talked about before and maybe some contacts with later civilizations in the Sudan

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Praxis758: 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
ednut1:
false

Then, counter it with superior knowledge!
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by ednut1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Praxis758:

Then, counter it with superior knowledge!
dna of remains found in caves and sites in africa preceed the Egyptian civilization . The arabs also kept records, mohammad was in Ethiopia on exile before he went back to Saudi Arabia. Many of the african empires already existed before then.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2021/may/remains-oldest-known-human-burial-africa-discovered

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by AtikuOkowa: 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2023
grin

Nigerians are devided into three

(1)Ancient Indigines
(2)Settlers
(3)Passers by

Yoruba and other Southern tribes are older than Egypt,and are here since time immemorial. Like other tribes in Niger-congo,Yorubas are Negroes and are ancient Africans.
Africa is older than Egypt itself,so there is no Way for Yoruba and other Tribes like Igbos to claim coming from anywhere. Zulus too are claim,but it is not possible.

Hausa and other Northern tribes like Ngas,pabir,tangale,Bole,Gerawa and Karai-karai etc belong to Settlerd class. They are African-asians or Afro-asians,or Afrisians or Hamito-semitics. They are like their cousins Amazigh/berbers in North Africa,Oromo in Ethiopia,Arabs in Arabia,Copt in Egypt all belong to Afro-asians. They are understood to have common ancestor in Sumer,they were sumerrias of levant,that is Lebanon,Israel etc and also ancient Egyptians. Hausas says they are from Yemen like Old Arabia.

Passers by are Fulani,and they also belong to Niger-Congo,but unlike Bantus,Igbo or Yorubas,Fulani interbred with Afro-Asians ranging from Tutsis in Rwanda and Turegs in Western Sahara.

So Northern Nigerians or Northern Africans are descendants of Egypt of Summeria.
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by AtikuOkowa: 3:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
Napata77:

No way Nigerians would be from Egypt,except Afro-Asians maybe.

West Africa is way older than Egypt

Just that Egypt was civilised

Only Afro-Asians have the pattern and proved record of travelling from their homeland to West other places

Remember that ww have Black Indians,that have nothing to do with Africa

And black Native Americans too.

Colour matters not.

Black Egyptians have nothing to do with Niger-congo tribes.
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by nameo: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
AtikuOkowa:
grin

Nigerians are devided into three

(1)Ancient Indigines
(2)Settlers
(3)Passers by

Yoruba and other Southern tribes are older than Egypt,and are here since time immemorial. Like other tribes in Niger-congo,Yorubas are Negroes and are ancient Africans.
Africa is older than Egypt itself,so there is no Way for Yoruba and other Tribes like Igbos to claim coming from anywhere. Zulus too are claim,but it is not possible.

Hausa and other Northern tribes like Ngas,pabir,tangale,Bole,Gerawa and Karai-karai etc belong to Settlerd class. They are African-asians or Afro-asians,or Afrisians or Hamito-semitics. They are like their cousins Amazigh/berbers in North Africa,Oromo in Ethiopia,Arabs in Arabia,Copt in Egypt all belong to Afro-asians. They are understood to have common ancestor in Sumer,they were sumerrias of levant,that is Lebanon,Israel etc and also ancient Egyptians. Hausas says they are from Yemen like Old Arabia.

Passers by are Fulani,and they also belong to Niger-Congo,but unlike Bantus,Igbo or Yorubas,Fulani interbred with Afro-Asians ranging from Tutsis in Rwanda and Turegs in Western Sahara.

So Northern Nigerians or Northern Africans are descendants of Egypt of Summeria.

Lolz... the people you are calling "afro-asians" are Africans. They did not come from Sumer(who the heck gave you that idea cheesy).

I think you are talking of Afro-asiatic(properly called Afrasan) speakers. Both that like the Niger-Congo(within the broader Niger-Kordofian) speakers as well as the Nilo-Saharan speakers, are just a language group.
Language and genetics do not always align.

Nigeria itself is made up of Niger-Kordofian speakers(Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Tiv, Efik, Edo, and even Fulani), Afrasan speakers(like Hausa, Tangale, Angas etx) and Nilosaharan(Kanuri, Bulala, etc).

PS: Some of the Niger-Kordofian speaking peoples actually moved to the south from more northerly regions(esp from the then desiccating sahara)
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by jmoore(m): 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Some of you will just be shout low self esteem on topics that has nothing to do with it.

Original inhabitants of Egypt were not Arab. Go and read history and learn more.

In fact, all northern African countries were originally inhabited by blacks.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by AtikuOkowa: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
nameo:

Lolz... the people you are calling "afro-asians" are Africans. They did not come from Sumer(who the heck gave you that idea cheesy).

I think you are talking of Afro-asiatic(properly called Afrasan) speakers. Both that like the Niger-Congo(within the broader Niger-Kordofian) speakers as well as the Nilo-Saharan speakers, are just a language group.

Nigeria itself is made up of Niger-Kordofian speakers(Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Tiv, Efik, Edo, and even Fulani), Afrasan speakers(like Hausa, Tangale, Angas etx) and Nilosaharan(Kanuri, Bulala, etc).

PS: Some of the Niger-Kordofian speaking peoples actually moved to the south from more northerly regions(esp from the then desiccating sahara)

why now bro grin
nameo:

why now bro

genetic,feature,culture,morphology,DNA(not to be confused with genetic) are equal and interdependent

Mutation render DNA monopoly as useless.

DNA changes,so we have adaptation and evolution

Never allow anyone to deceive you with DNA when it comes to archeology and ancestry or tribes grouping study.

Anta Diop,though Afro-centric,he was right in many places.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by kingthreat(m): 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

In the African continent, there was a downward migration from the middle east.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2023
nameo:

Nigerians did not come from Ancient Egypt, Bros

The "similarities" you see(there are also many dissimilarities) is due to the fundamental linkages from the common origins of both Ancient Egypt and some other African civiliations/cultures( from the sahara desert).

Ancient Egypt was African in origin(from the Eastern Sahara); was fundamentally a ("Black"wink African culture throughout its over 4000yrs history(arising from the origin i talked about earlier); but its people were somewhat "mixed"(depending on time and place) altho the majority of them at the earlier times, esp in Upper Egypt, would have been mostly "Black".

Other African civilisations on the other hand developed on their own terms and trajectory. They didnt arise due to some migatory "super" Egyptians. The small similarities to see is from the common origins i talked about before and maybe some contacts with later civilizations in the Sudan

Absolute rubbish.

You don't get to sit in your little colonised cocoon and discredit the numerous accounts of MIGRATION in our indigenous cultures.

What do our elders have to prove to you when they say we MIGRATED from the north?

Information handed them by their forbears?

You colonised people just sit in your cocoon and type rubbish.

From as far back as the sacking of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD which led to over 1 million Hebrews fleeing into Africa, a number that has surely multiplied to a minimum 600 million descendants living in Africa today, to the sacking of Egypt and Nubia, and the fleeing of their inhabitants southwards. The Yoruba elders say they was a 'great war' - possibly the Assyrian invasion of Egypt, that led them to flee southwards in antiquity.

Another wave of migrants fled the north following the Arab invasion of Egypt in 600 AD. The Africans fled to escape enslavement and forced religious conversion to Islam, with the Yorubas refusing to abandon their Ifa worship for Muhammedan faiths.

How dare you dismiss the accounts of your forbears because you learnt how to speak English?

What happened to the millions of blacks in ancient Egypt then? They just disappeared? They all ran into the Nile and drowned?

What happened to all the blacks who lived in North Africa in antiquity?

Do you even know that the entire north Africa was once populated by millions of black people?

Do you know the Sahara was once fertile and heavily populated with black people?

Where did they all disappear to if not migrating southwards?

You people don't know ANYTHING about your history. That's why you're so damn lost.

WEST AFRICA was the last inhabited place in Africa. In fact the migrants fled to West Africa because the white invaders of Egypt, Israel (which was also black) etc, knew NOTHING about West Africa, and didn't even know it existed. All they knew was Egypt, Nubia slightly south of Egypt, and 'Ethiopia' - basically East Africa.

THOSE regions held the largest number of blacks in antiquity. West Africa was virgin territory in ancient antiquity. Inhabited at most by small bands of 'pygmies'.

That is why the first earliest record of kingdoms and empires there only dates back to the 12th century AD or thereabouts, when Ghana, Mali, Songhai, Benin rose up.

But in East, North East and North Africa, we had the empires of Egypt, Ta Seti, Nubia, Kush etc, boasting large cities like Thebes, Meroe, Axum, and Napata, which were all dated back to thousands of years BC, because those were the regions people lived in in antiquity, NOT in West Africa.
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by nameo: 9:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Napata77:

Absolute rubbish.

You don't get to sit in your little colonised cocoon and discredit the numerous accounts of MIGRATION in our indigenous cultures.

What do our elders have to prove to you when they say we MIGRATED from the north?

Information handed them by their forbears?

You colonised people just sit in your cocoon and type rubbish.

From as far back as the sacking of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD which led to over 1 million Hebrews fleeing into Africa, a number that has surely multiplied to a minimum 600 million descendants living in Africa today, to the sacking of Egypt and Nubia, and the fleeing of their inhabitants southwards. The Yoruba elders say they was a 'great war' - possibly the Assyrian invasion of Egypt, that led them to flee southwards in antiquity.

Another wave of migrants fled the north following the Arab invasion of Egypt in 600 AD. The Africans fled to escape enslavement and forced religious conversion to Islam, with the Yorubas refusing to abandon their Ifa worship for Muhammedan faiths.

How dare you dismiss the accounts of your forbears because you learnt how to speak English?

What happened to the millions of blacks in ancient Egypt then? They just disappeared? They all ran into the Nile and drowned?

What happened to all the blacks who lived in North Africa in antiquity?

Do you even know that the entire north Africa was once populated by millions of black people?

Do you know the Sahara was once fertile and heavily populated with black people?

Where did they all disappear to if not migrating southwards?

You people don't know ANYTHING about your history. That's why you're so damn lost.

WEST AFRICA was the last inhabited place in Africa. In fact the migrants fled to West Africa because the white invaders of Egypt, Israel (which was also black) etc, knew NOTHING about West Africa, and didn't even know it existed. All they knew was Egypt, Nubia slightly south of Egypt, and 'Ethiopia' - basically East Africa.

THOSE regions held the largest number of blacks in antiquity. West Africa was virgin territory in ancient antiquity. Inhabited at most by small bands of 'pygmies'.

That is why the first earliest record of kingdoms and empires there only dates back to the 12th century AD or thereabouts, when Ghana, Mali, Songhai, Benin rose up.

But in East, North East and North Africa, we had the empires of Egypt, Nubia, Kush etc, which were all dated back to thousands of years BC, because those were the regions people lived in in antiquity, NOT in West Africa.

Lolz.... You are delusional

Bye
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
nameo:

Lolz.... You are delusional

Bye

It's not your fault. Every stupid small kid with free internet comes online to type rubbish from their brainwashed bead.

Name three books on African history you've read in your life.

Ignorant dunce.
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by nameo: 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
Napata77:

It's not your fault. Every stupid small kid with free internet comes online to type rubbish from their brainwashed bead.

What do Kids do: throw tantrums

Who is throwing tantrums on this thread: YOU

I just want to tell you that you have no idea of the topic you are trying to discuss here. You are just a deluded youngster who believes in a sillly agenda.

If you want to be schooled on any of this, do ask. Am sure there will be alot of persons who will help you here
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by Napata77: 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
nameo:

What do Kids do: throw tantrums

Who is throwing tantrums on this thread: YOU

I just want to tell you that you have no idea of the topic you are trying to discuss here. You are just a deluded youngster who believes in a sillly agenda.

If you want to be schooled on any of this, do ask. Am sure there will be alot of persons who will help you here

I've been studying AFRICAN HISTORY SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN, YOU LIPPY LITTLE DUNCE.

Name the African history books you've read.

Have you read the 'Destruction of Black Civilization' by Dr Chancellor Williams?

Have you read 'Black Athena' by Martin Bernal?

Have you read the 'African Origin of Civilization - Myth or Reality' by Cheikh Anta Diop?

Have you read 'The Religion of the Yorubas' by Olumide Lucas?

Have you even heard of these books?

Useless.

Abeg get out of this place. Damn colonialist tool.

I don't suffer fools gladly. You will not come in here and try to distort our African history.

I will floor you.
Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by nameo: 9:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
Napata77:

I've been studying AFRICAN HISTORY SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN, YOU LIPPY LITTLE DUNCE.

Name the African history books you've read.

Have you read the 'Destruction of Black Civilization' by Dr Chancellor Williams?

Have you read 'Black Athena' by Martin Bernal?

Have you read the 'African Origin of Civilization' by Cheikh Anta Diop?

Have you even heard of these books?

Useless. Abeg get out of this place. Damn colonialist tool.

Throwing tantrums as expected as any badly behaved CHILD would.

The problem with you peeps is that cos this is a faceless forum you have no idea who you are communicating at times.

By the way, i have read the last 2 books you mentioned there years ago.

I was trying to nudge you away from your fickle-headed delusions so you can be properly guided.

I have asked you to chose any area of African history so some of us can properly school you (assuming you actually want to test and check that huge ignorance of yours)

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians From Ancient Egypt? by HydraFeeds(m): 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
In the movie Prometheus ,scientists there made a theory about different origins that has no history in common but having similar deities.

Also in the theory of directed panspermia,it’s theorized that alien started life on earth in distributed colonies which might also explain why humans without generic history share similar beliefs .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Presidency Not Viable, Apostle Chika Onuzo Declares / Throwback Video Of Osibanjo Threatening APC Will Form Parrellel Government / Bode George: It Will Be Difficult To Remove Tinubu If He Is Sworn In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.