Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening (1721 Views)

Tesla Fined $2.2M For Exaggerating Driving Range Of Its Vehicles: / We’re Back On Lagos Roads, VIS Tells Motorists / How Much Should These Ridiculously Overloading Cars Be Fined? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by greggng: 9:46am On Feb 14, 2023
This morning I got a message from.vis that my car committed traffic offense . The fine me 20k and I was given 7 days to pay to avoid impoundment.

Granted my road worthiness expired and I was sent a reminder but the steering rag of the car is bad so I decided to park it at home pending repair . . I understand I had to fix it before going for roadworthiness .

The question I am asking ...do vis fine vehicles that are not being driven around ? The funny part is that the said the offense happened today while my car has been parked for more than two weeks now . .

How do I go about contesting this

1 Like

Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2023
This one loud ooo
Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by ystar(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2023
Same happened to me abeg, mention me when you find a way please.
Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by greggng: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2023
ystar:
Same happened to me abeg, mention me when you find a way please.

I contacted on of the boss and I was shocked with the evidence he provided . According to the evidence I was booked for driving with expired insurance. The baffling partis that I don't drive outside gowon estate in other not to be seen by vio ...the still.pursue me enter gowon estate . He provided the picture evidence on how I was booked ...it happened while I was driving home within gowon estate . They now have secret agents that works for them within any community
Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by Vbabs(m): 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
greggng:
This morning I got a message from.vis that my car committed traffic offense . The fine me 20k and I was given 7 days to pay to avoid impoundment.

Granted my road worthiness expired and I was sent a reminder but the steering rag of the car is bad so I decided to park it at home pending repair . . I understand I had to fix it before going for roadworthiness .

The question I am asking ...do vis fine vehicles that are not being driven around ? The funny part is that the said the offense happened today while my car has been parked for more than two weeks now . .

I had the same experience late last year.

I was driving on a morning and was stopped by the VIS officials around Ikotun. He checked and said I have a pending fine (driving with expired vehicle license). I argued it. Then I decided to pick my phone from the car to call the contact I have at VIS office, only the did I realize i have forgotten my phone at the place I was coming from (Just about 5 buildings away).

I told the officer about my phone that he should please hold while I pick my phone then we can get the situation sorted. Next thing I saw was towing vehicle.

Long story short, they towed my vehicle.

After getting my phone, I called my contact, he checked and told me the date of the said offense. Lo and behold, the date was 2 days after I had renewed y vehicle licenses and I did not even drive out that day! How did traffic camera come to my house to snap my vehicle plate.

I had to go to Ojodu office to resolve the matter. Got a clearance paper (at no cost) and took it to the VIS office where my vehicle was towed to. But I still had to pay the towing fee. The whole day was wasted

The so called automated system is wack. I heard what they do is they have people who scan through the system to check vehicle licenses that are about to expire and they apply the fine to them.
Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by Vbabs(m): 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2023
Just go to Ojodu office (if you are in Lagos) with your proof and you will get a clearance.
Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by greggng: 1:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
Vbabs:

I had the same experience late last year.

I was driving on a morning and was stopped by the VIS officials around Ikotun. He checked and said I have a pending fine (driving with expired vehicle license). I argued it. Then I decided to pick my phone from the car to call the contact I have at VIS office, only the did I realize i have forgotten my phone at the place I was coming from (Just about 5 buildings away).

I told the officer about my phone that he should please hold while I pick my phone then we can get the situation sorted. Next thing I saw was towing vehicle.

Long story short, they towed my vehicle.

After getting my phone, I called my contact, he checked and told me the date of the said offense. Lo and behold, the date was 2 days after I had renewed y vehicle licenses and I did not even drive out that day! How did traffic camera come to my house to snap my vehicle plate.

I had to go to Ojodu office to resolve the matter. Got a clearance paper (at no cost) and took it to the VIS office where my vehicle was towed to. But I still had to pay the towing fee. The whole day was wasted

The so called automated system is wack. I heard what they do is they have people who scan through the system to check vehicle licenses that are about to expire and they apply the fine to them.

In my case nobody confronted me cos you know how gowon estate is ...just like residential area..you don't expert vio or camera in there ...Right now I have removed my two plate number ..if they like let them.keep snapping unnumbered car ...that one I will contest it. They even increased insurance from 5k to 15k ...now I am gonna pay 15k plus 20k ...this country is making g things tough for her citizen especially lagos . Almost all my friends have gotten another state number cos of what lagos is doing

1 Like

Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by Vbabs(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
greggng:

In my case nobody confronted me cos you know how gowon estate is ...just like residential area..you don't expert vio or camera in there ...Right now I have removed my two plate number ..if they like let them.keep snapping unnumbered car ...that one I will contest it. They even increased insurance from 5k to 15k ...now I am gonna pay 15k plus 20k ...this country is making g things tough for her citizen especially lagos . Almost all my friends have gotten another state number cos of what lagos is doing

I think getting another state's plate number is the trick out of the headache. Some of my friends already got Abuja plates

1 Like

Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by prospee(m): 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
I want to advise as a staff of board of internal revenue here in Delta state. Try and register your new vehicles in other states apart from Lagos state. Second option is to renew your vehicle papers in other states before the expiration of your vehicle papers. Though this may come with little resistance from the authority but there are relevant laws that says, you can renew your vehicle papers in any part of the country. If you go to court, you will win your case.
Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by greggng: 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
prospee:
I want to advise as a staff of board of internal revenue here in Delta state. Try and register your new vehicles in other states apart from Lagos state. Second option is to renew your vehicle papers in other states before the expiration of your vehicle papers. Though this may come with little resistance from the authority but there are relevant laws that says, you can renew your vehicle papers in any part of the country. If you go to court, you will win your case.

I am going follow your advice...we eventually find out the guy working for them ...Everyone is unhappy with him.cos he sit down amongst people..buy himself beer and you might feel.hebis enjoying his beer not knowing he is working for vio...He has been driven away from the location ...cos is residential...people ask him.to go to the main road to do his whistle blowing job .
Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by SmilesInn: 6:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
Here's what happened, there people who work for them either officially or unofficially,a picture of your plate number was taken while you where parked somewhere or driving around within the estate & sent to their office, which will be checked on their database. You already know what next if you have an expired vehicle license. I got to know about this when I went for the road worthiness cert. Some won't even know about the fine until they go for the inspection for the road worthiness
greggng:

Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by zicky(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2023
Vbabs:
Just go to Ojodu office (if you are in Lagos) with your proof and you will get a clearance.
what about people outside Lagos. I've like 2 months before any of my papers will expire.
Re: Vis Fined Me 20k What Is Happening by AngelGabbyShara(m): 10:36am On Jul 06, 2023
You can DM me if you want to renew ur plate number from other state...legit & genuine.

(1) (Reply)

Sweet 2011 Rx350 Facelift To 2013 Toks New Entry / Registered Toyota Camry 2014 / Cars-ng.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.