Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Children's Book Editor (ibadan) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Children's Book Editor (ibadan) (226 Views)

I Need A Graphic Person For Illustration In My Children Book / Book Editor / Book Editor: Vacancy At Emotion Press (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Children's Book Editor (ibadan) by RasmedHR: 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
JOB TITLE: CHILDREN'S BOOK EDITOR

An award-winning leader in the publishing industry of Nigerian Educational sector with Corporate Head office located in Ibadan is recruiting candidates for the position of an Editor (Children's book).

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Stay current with cultural issues and research pertaining to children to ensure content accuracy.
Identify and edit sensitive contents to suit children’s age group.
Develop specific house styles for different kinds of children's literature books.
Rewrite complicated/ambiguous texts and contents into digestible key points for children for easy understanding.
Evaluate manuscripts submitted and work with authors to develop fresh content and help their ideas/stories succeed for publication.
Use the company’s guide and accepted grammar and readability standards.
Regular Interface with illustrators and book designers.
Perform copy editing and technical tasks which include proofreading submitted files for grammar, punctuation, spellings and style.
Verify facts cited in material for publication to ensure accuracy.
Make recommendations to management on new kiddie's book ideas.

REQUIREMENTS
B.sc in English literature, history, communications or other related discipline.
3+ years of experience in working with children related content.
Use of excellent written and verbal communication skills within the children’s scope.
Passionate commitment to making content highly comprehensive for children.
Ability to Use Grammarly and other editorial tools for effective editing and Proofreading

METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV to hr@accessiblepublications.com using "CHILDREN'S BOOK EDITOR" as the subject of the mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Application Closing Date: 24th February, 2023
Re: Children's Book Editor (ibadan) by Hennyolah: 8:32am On Feb 15, 2023
Good morning sir/ma
Please I'm interested, I've tried sending my cover letter and CV but the attached email address can't be found.

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Leverage On Your Certificate To Become A Canada Permanent Resident / Direct Sales Agent / Client Services Engineer – Ikeja Lagos Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.