Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,686 members, 7,865,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 58. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 58. (161 Views)

The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 58. / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 58. by PastorSomba(m): 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 58.

Romans 5:1 (KJV) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 8:30 (KJV) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. Galatians 3:24-26 (KJV) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

58. The law was not of faith hence it condemned all men unto sin and death. What makes a sinner to be a sinner, unholy, unrighteous and unjust is his lack of faith. Whatever is not of faith is sin. It is not his character or lifestyle that makes him a sinner, unholy and unrighteous. No amount of holiness, no amount of self or religious righteousness can make a sinner holy or righteous. Only holiness by faith and righteousness by faith in the word of God is acceptable to God. It is not the sinner's sins that makes him a sinner but his lack of faith. Only faith is pleasing and acceptable to God. Faith is the only divine standard of measurement of what is sin and what is righteous. The sinner is born without faith but believers are born again by faith and with faith. Every believer has the gift of the faith of God permanently and eternally inside him in his spirit. That faith is what gave life to his spirit to be regenerated and to become a new creature.

It is that gift of the faith of God that makes every believer to be one with God. We are one with God because we have the same faith that God has. This faith is the very life of God and as a result the very life of the believer also. This faith is based on the word of God who is Jesus Christ in whom we live, we move and we have our being. Jesus is called our life because He is the word of God which we believed that gave us the faith from where we have life even the life of God. The bible says we are born again of the incorruptible word of God. There is nothing that can corrupt the word just as nothing, no sin in this world was able to corrupt Jesus while He lived as man in flesh and blood. God did this to show to all that sin has no power over all who are in Christ or all who believe.

For the believer sin is a choice, but for the unbeliever he has no choice as sin is his very nature. So no sin has the power to corrupt or destroy the life of the believer because his life is in Jesus the incorruptible word of God. The only sin that can corrupt and destroy the life of a believer is the sin of rejection of Jesus and His life which is otherwise called the sin unto death. A rejection of Jesus is automatic acceptance of the devil as your lord. A rejection of sin is not equal to receiving the life of Jesus or God. A rejection of sin is not equal to a rejection of the devil. Many religions reject sin yet do not accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour. It is only faith in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour that saves. It is not rejection of sin that saves. But God warns us to live holy lives away from all sins after we are saved especially the sin of unbelief and sexual immorality because every sin is a subtle deception of the devil to lead you to the commission of the sin unto death. That is why Jesus permits the untimely death of some believers who are persisting in sin so that they will not get to that point of no return and become condemned at the end with the world.

The sin of sexual immorality is one of the most subtle of all sins because it is sin against your body and weakens your mental ability to make divinely guided decisions in life and weakens the ability of your spirit to fight the devil because your body which is the house of your spirit is in bondage of the devil. Over a long period of time the person might become so frustrated with his failures in life that he might begin to contemplate abandoning the faith. But God will never abandon you no matter your challenges until you abandon him. The bible says 2Timothy 2:12-13 (KJV) "If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself." Grace be with you. Romans 3:10-28; 4:3-5,13-16; 5:10-21; 6:3-14; 7:5-25; 10:9-10,13,17; 12:3; 14:23; Galatians 3:11-29; John 1:1-3,12-14; 3:3; Ephesians 2:8-9; 5:3-5; 2Corinthians 5:17; Colossians 2:9-10; 3:1-5; Acts 17:28; 1Peter 1:23; 1Corinthians 5:1-5; 6:15-20; 10:6-14; 11:30-32; 1Timothy 6:10-11; 2Timothy 2:22; James 4:7; 1Thessalonians 4:3-7;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

1 Like

Re: Understanding What Faith Is. Part 58. by AnyanwuSilas: 12:20am On Feb 15, 2023
Faith is foolishness

(1) (Reply)

Sermons About Salvation / Prayer Exercise For Today / Healing Streams With Pastor Chris To Hold March 17-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.