Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) (1005 Views)

New Naira Notes: Protest In Ilorin, Kwara State (Photos) / Professor Yemi Osinbajo On Consultation Tour To Ibadan (Photos) / Oduduwa Republic Rally Hits Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Tiwaz2: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
There is an ongoing protest in different locations in Ibadan over scarcity of Cash

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by muyico(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2023
Yoruba nation agitator don strt! B warn! IGP Said it yestrday

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Jashub: 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2023
See politically motivated protest abeg grin. Shebi when Boko-haram and banditry were dealing with people , what did you monkeys do ? Lol... you never for once protested or even complained to leaders like Tinubu.

But now that the Naira scarcity has come sanitize to the corruption of your environment ,you now begin to complain and stage useless protest all in the name of keeping some of ancestors relevant in your backward community. May God punish all of una . Nonsense. grin

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by derecho(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
If una like burn Nigeria.Tinubu must lose.

We don't want old notes again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Bornbiafra: 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
This is just the beginning

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by orikoku: 12:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
One of these presidential candidate won't witness the election.
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by ybalogs(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2023
*JUST PONDER ON THESE STATEMENTS AND THE UPCOMING 25TH FEBRUARY, AND 11TH MARCH, GENERAL ELECTIONS AND BE PROPERLY GUIDED*

"One of the Penalties for Refusing to Participate in Politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors"
*PLATO*

"The Wise Who Refused to Rule Should Prepare To Suffer The Rules Of Idiots"
*SOCRATES*

People Who Elect Corrupt Politicians, Impostors, Thieves and Traitors are not Victims.. . But Accomplices"
*GEORGE ORWELL*

A vote is a kind of prayer about the kind of world you want to live in.
*REV. RAPHEAL WARNOCK*

Not voting is not a protest. It is a surrender.
*KEITH ELISON*

If you don't vote, you lose the right to complain.
*GEORGE CARLIN*

Bad governments are elected by "good" citizens who don't vote
*PLATO*

Vote like your rights depend on it as your vote is your voice
*MARTIN LUTHER*

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all
*JOHN F. KENNEDY*

The ballot is stronger than the bullet.
*ABRAHAM LINCOLN*

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
*MALCOLM*

Kindly read the article above with understanding and decide in voting for whoever you think can fix this country.

If you refuse to vote, it is a blanket opportunity to miscreants to misrule.

Don't mind the stress.

Don't be left out.

It's your right.

Don't waste the opportunity to elect credible leaders.

Let's do it together.

*INEC* won't count prayer points but votes.

*_A word is enough for the wise._*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Viscuz: 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
Single out the Tinubu/APC sai barbarians who put Nigeria in this mess .

Send them to Allah Asap .

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Viscuz: 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
derecho:

Simple and Short.

If them like make them protest enter express

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Cherish233: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
Lol, if this is for the old note, no way ooo😆
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by youngsahito(m): 12:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
Jashub:
See politically motivated protest abeg grin. Shebi when Boko-haram and banditry were dealing with people , what did you monkeys do ? Lol... you never for once protested or even complained to leaders like Tinubu.

But now that the Naira scarcity has come sanitize to the corruption of your environment ,you now begin to complain and stage useless protest all in the name of keeping some ancestor relevant in your backward community. May God punish all of una . Nonsense. grin
you must be an ipob f*ol for saying this stupid word.
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Ikea81: 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
derecho:

Bro, I am a PO supporter, but this is not a Tinubu issue abeg. It was ill timed and poorly executed. People are really suffering and lost their means of livelihoods. They need to reverse, or extend the deadline or we may not even have an election..this can lead to anarchy.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Jashub: 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
youngsahito:
You must be an Afonja cone head grin for thinking I'm an igbo rat. I couldn't care less if the igbos destroyed themselves. But seeing the hypocrisy of omo oduduwa is just sickening grin
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by FreeStuffsNG: 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
Hmmm.
They should please remain calm.

Election holds in 10 days. They should come out en masse to vote for Asiwaju. Once Asiwaju wins, old notes will remain till December and Emefiele will be fired.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by PointZerom: 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
Yarimo if you like protest from now till tomorrow there's no going back. grin grin grin
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by PointZerom: 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
derecho:

GBAM!
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by LesbianBoy(m): 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
Anytime I see things like this in this tenure, I just laugh and tell myself, omo history is just repeating itself. In 2015, when we saw FOOLISH Nigerians say fhey wanted change and they would vote buhari and APC, some of us laughed and predicted that we won't vote buhari because what happened when he was military leader would repeat itself. 8 years later we were right.

For those of you that don't know history almost everything you see happening in this buhari tenure from protest, to one sided appointment, to tribalism etc is not a coincidence or ipob or anybody. It has happened before just that there is social media now.

Yet some URCHINS want things to continue like this because of hatred and tribalism for igbos? Na wa o! Anyway make una continue. Atleast this is ibadan and I am sure it's yoruba that are plenty there angry
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by youngsahito(m): 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2023
Jashub:
You must be an Afonja cone head grin for thinking I'm an igbo rat. I couldn't care less if the igbos destroyed themselves. But seeing the hypocrisy of omo oduduwa is just sickening grin
when did protest turn to hypocrisy, if your can't join them then go and sleep at home.keep suffering and smiling!!!
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by derecho(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
Then you don't know what the issue is.

Who are the CEO's sabotaging the implementation?
Who caused the need for the redesign?
Who claimed it's targeted at him?
Was 3 months not enough to take the stashed cash to the banks?
Guy, Tinubu didn't want it to work because he wants to buy votes.

The earlier you know this, the better.
Ikea81:

Bro, I am a PO supporter, but this is not a Tinubu issue abeg. It was ill timed and poorly executed. People are really suffering and lost their means of livelihoods. They need to reverse, or extend the deadline or we may not even have an election..this can lead to anarchy.
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Viscuz: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
youngsahito:

If them call your mama a fool now you will begin crying but na you first insult am
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by youngsahito(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
Viscuz:

If them call your mama a fool now you will begin crying but na you first insult am
did I mention anybody mum here? If you don't know how to contribute, just keep mute.
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Viscuz: 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
youngsahito:
did I mention anybody mum here? If you don't know how to contribute, just keep mute.

Why you insult am in the first place.

Eh Mr barista?
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by yarimo(m): 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
PointZerom:
Yarimo if you like protest from now till tomorrow there's no going back. grin grin grin
The protesters should be alert with IPOB criminals that will want to hijacked the peaceful protest and steal people's property

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by OriOko88(m): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
Yoruba nation now!!!

The emancipation is gradually coming! Watch out angry
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Ikea81: 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
derecho:
Then you don't know what the issue is.

Who are the CEO's sabotaging the implementation?
Who caused the need for the redesign?
Who claimed it's targeted at him?
Was 3 months not enough to take the stashed cash to the banks?
Guy, Tinubu didn't want it to work because he wants to buy votes.

The earlier you know this, the better.

You don't get rid of an ant with a sledge hammer. Tinubu supporters are not the ones rioting in Benin today. People are suffering . I work in a Fintech comp and I can tell you more than 20,000 POS operators are suffering today. Most have shut down cos they cant access cash to run the biz. They cater for their families from the proceeds of the biz. The policy said people can withdraw 20k daily....where is the money? No where bro!!!!! Govt duty is to protect life and wellbeing of citizens. Once a policy inflicts this kind of suffering, it's a bad one.....Nigerians that live on a dollar per day. CBN just wants to suffocate them with this system..I am now believing the speculations of an interim govt , cos this can only lead to unrest and scuttle the elections.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by Obaofaba: 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
Massive but peaceful protests is the only way to go.

You can't disrupt our businesses and expect to sleep with your two eyes closed.

People are dying in the hospital because they don't have cash to pay despite having it in their Bank accounts.
Re: New Naira Notes: Protest In Ibadan (photos) by derecho(m): 8:47am On Feb 16, 2023
Guy, you're not abreast of the issue.The cause of the change of notes is because of "vote buying" and "Bullion Van" Politics.

Sabotage is the reason for the unavailability bro.
Ikea81:

You don't get rid of an ant with a sledge hammer. Tinubu supporters are not the ones rioting in Benin today. People are suffering . I work in a Fintech comp and I can tell you more than 20,000 POS operators are suffering today. Most have shut down cos they cant access cash to run the biz. They cater for their families from the proceeds of the biz. The policy said people can withdraw 20k daily....where is the money? No where bro!!!!! Govt duty is to protect life and wellbeing of citizens. Once a policy inflicts this kind of suffering, it's a bad one.....Nigerians that live on a dollar per day. CBN just wants to suffocate them with this system..I am now believing the speculations of an interim govt , cos this can only lead to unrest and scuttle the elections.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu To Govs: Ignore Buhari’s Order, Enforce Use Of Old Naira Notes Nationwide / Jaafar Jaafar Raises Alarm Over Missing Ballot Papers In Kano State / Peter Obi lost his voice, looks Emaciated after campaigning in 23 states (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.