Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes (23133 Views)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Tony Elumelu Foundation Opens Portal For 2021 Entrepreneurship Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by NEFERTITIxx: 6:49am On Feb 16, 2023
Emiefiele de smoke ice big time
Why wasn’t this rolled out from the onset
Na now wey dem give few days deadline he de say he open portal to isi ewu
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by jesmond3945: 6:52am On Feb 16, 2023
JaskanFactor:
all they are concerned about is taking the cash, they dont give a dam about what people are going through.
They should be opening portal to ease peoples pain, instead they are asking for the old cash that is still keeping some people alive.
No wonder the airports have been packed with people leaving the god forsaken country that is nigeria, no doubt many going to US Europe who are the nations behind all the ills of nigeria.

They are fleeing the hell created in Nigeria by racists in Europe, for Europe where they get the racist treatment first hand.

May God almighty help the one whom alone was once called Human being now called black man to find a place to call home on this planet of yellow races.

In many ways, those fleeing the country are fleeing from frying pan to fire.

The Europeans running Nigeria already planned to destabilise the country years ago , and as they always do they rehearse it by making a movie , just like they had movies like outbreak to rehears the so called plandemic.

They made the bruce willis movie "Tears of the Sun" to rehearse what they want to do to Nigeria .

Many of the movies they make in hollyweird are rehearsal for future events

Keep posting football, big brother, premier league until you find your nation on the edge of cliff with no way back, sorry to distract you with fake news.

And as they remove deck after deck of what holds the European prison zoo that was Nigeria in place, i can see the goths laughing thier head off, cause nothing gives them more fun than mocking their victims , as they brought in the terrorists, kidnappers, took away the cash , to what ever their dirty filthy wicked minds has to fun for them next.

Be in no doubt, there is a script for what they are doing to Nigeria, and those doing it are having fun, i bet they are even getting out their popcorn and watching from their satellite cameras as they turn normal lifes of Nigerians in to utter chaos.

As they say, the biggest enemy of the wicked is always is accomplice, the wicked always fallout violently in the end.
Please dont blame europe again. Is it europe that voted buhari? Is it europe that is trying to vote tinubu? Is it europe that wants to vote based on tribe and religion? Is it europe that is stealing our money or burning banks?
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by demoBaba: 6:55am On Feb 16, 2023
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Blackdisciple(m): 6:56am On Feb 16, 2023
If I will have to go to the so called CBN branch to deposit my old notes myself so what's the work of my bank...? Oniara

2 Likes

Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by IamANigerianMan: 7:25am On Feb 16, 2023
Apus:
A welcome development.

However, CBN should Inject more of the new notes into the economy. Ours is more of a cash driven economy. While finding alternatives It shouldn't be a crime to spend cash.
CBN should quickly ban agency banking with POS.. they have resulted this to protest , burning bank etc , you can practice cashless and allow that.
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Deoo1125: 7:38am On Feb 16, 2023
Some stupid, dull, foolish children are applauding this nonsense again, why this foolish man called emefiele just wicked like this, them want put Nigerians for another useless waka again. Can't this people just do the simple things to reliefs suffering of the people. Why always putting the people for difficult situations all the time.

OddsDoc:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/cbn-opens-portal-for-deposit-of-old-naira-notes/amp/
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by JaskanFactor: 7:43am On Feb 16, 2023
jesmond3945:

Please dont blame europe again. Is it europe that voted buhari? Is it europe that is trying to vote tinubu? Is it europe that wants to vote based on tribe and religion? Is it europe that is stealing our money or burning banks?

Is it you who is going to count the vote, or do you know who is trust worthy enough to count the vote.
Cause as sophisticated as an election system is, it all totally hinges on those who finally count the vote.
If i were into politics, i would join the vote counting party, i think you should too.

by the way The vote counting party is based in Europe too, they help everybody in the world to count their vote, cause the more people are fair in complexion the more trust worthy they are.

The vote counting party is base in Chattam House London, in case you want to join. They have youtube channel.

I have high hopes for you as party member. See you at the next selection, sorry i meant election.
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by sofeo(m): 7:46am On Feb 16, 2023
Alright
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Edc2: 7:51am On Feb 16, 2023
Most clueless man in nigeria is emiefiele and all his policies has brought nigeria to a down drain zoo leaving masses with high inflation and increased poverty rate

Since the dollar started jumping up like rocket under his watch nigeria became worst than ever cost of everything went up and never came down despite how hard it is to make money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by drLammy(m): 9:10am On Feb 16, 2023
Why can't the CBN just directly change the old notes for someone instead of depositing into the same bank account that one can't get the new notes from

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Treassured: 9:14am On Feb 16, 2023
Apus:
A welcome development.

However, CBN should Inject more of the new notes into the economy. Ours is more of a cash driven economy. While finding alternatives It shouldn't be a crime to spend cash.

The New Notes are already in circulation now and there Is absolutely nothing to worry about okay. The masses are Rejoicing.

I have like a Million Naira of the New Notes with me. I withdrew It seamlessly at one of the designated ATMs Buhari and Emefiele deployed recently.

If you don't have the New Notes yet. Reach out to me, Let me share some with you for Free.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by CoolAmbience(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2023
KdpMaster:

Not against it
Hope the website bandwidth is enough before it will start to freeze.

Oga, do as have been advised.

Dem tell you say people for CBN no knw about bandwidth and the rest?
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Apus: 9:37am On Feb 16, 2023
Treassured:

The New Notes are already in circulation now and there Is absolutely nothing to worry about okay. The masses are Rejoicing.

I have like a Million Naira of the New Notes with me. I withdrew It seamlessly at one of the designated ATMs Buhari and Emefiele deployed recently.

If you don't have the New Notes yet. Reach out to me, Let me share some with you for Free.

Hahaha!
Like your sacarsm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by tundeabib1: 10:01am On Feb 16, 2023
[
quote author=moscow007 post=120946671]Only 200naira notes will be remain valid legal tender, deposit your old notes before 22nd or use it as tissue paper.

Endure for one more week or suffer for 4 years, the choice is yours.

Tinubu will never ever, ever ever!! Be President of Nigeria[/quote]

Just in case, if Peter Obi doesn't win. What are you going to do? Just be honest.
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by syntekelite(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I agree with you. Maybe after next week's election, they'd dispatch more new notes massively across the country via the cbn in each state. I think the reason they're releasing it in piece meal at this moment is to curb vote-buying. You can imagine a north western governor keeping over 20bn naira of the old notes aside, according to mallam buba galadima. How someone like him would now open the cbn porter and fill a form with which he'd deposit such large sum is a mirage. The policy is targeted at people like him. The masses are only at the receiving end.

Maybe this time, Nigerians too would embrace a cashless economy but by force. If we weren't forced to embrace any meaningful policy in Nigeria, we wouldn't learn. That's our character as a nation. The cbn had been preaching this cashless thing for long yet, the level of compliance isn't always encouraging. Sadly, the so-called educated in the society are also affected. You can imagine a graduate saying he always prefers spending cash cos he doesn't do online transaction except he goes to the bank. I have a physiotherapist friend who graduated from OAU in the 90s for instance. He's much an older friend. If this man wants to transfer ordinary 20k, he must visit the bank. I always mock him over this but he doesn't care. It's just a personal orientation, not about school he attended. Many had passed through a reputable university system but chose to remain illiterate in their minds.

Like I always say, I've not been to my bank since 2021 and it was because I needed to renew my atm card and obtain it same day. Even if you don't have an android phone, what about using the USSD codes. Banks do go as far as pasting these codes on their entrance security doors so people can see and copy as they enter yet, all these don't appeal to customers. They'd also flash it as an advert during the news break still, people don't care. The consequences of such negligence is what many are suffering now.

The manner at which those politicians are trooping out in suing the FG is a proof they're not after the masses' interest which they pretend to protect. One of them even sponsored a protest in Edo and other yesterday . Anyone who allows himself to be used by them is the most foolish ever lived.

What you just wrote shows you think nigeria is europe.. ussd firewall is porous,most banks dont even have cyber security experts, transfer charges are high,while banks bandwidth are not enough for everyone to go cashless, dont let me start with our internet providers they are the most useless in the world. yet you hail the federal govt fr a stupid policy, stupid in the sense that, what contribution has the federal govt's satellite contributed to the bandwidth to mke cashless policy seamless ? Or to make banks liable for customers losses? go to bank sites and cbn complaint portal,you will see millions of complaints of hacked accounts or illegal debit or debit for failed transactions , majority without resolution for months, does the common man have money to sue??
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Upworkwriter007(f): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2023
moscow007:
Only 200naira notes will be remain valid legal tender, deposit your old notes before 22nd or use it as tissue paper.

Endure for one more week or suffer for 4 years, the choice is yours.

Tinubu will never ever, ever ever!! Be President of Nigeria
President said before April.
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Pacesetter123(m): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2023
Blazebond:
The SUPREME COURT will teach the CBN a lesson about the law next week,the notes will continue to be in circulation till may.
Joseph De Dreamer!
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Pacesetter123(m): 10:42am On Feb 16, 2023
JaskanFactor:

Is it you who is going to count the vote, or do you know who is trust worthy enough to count the vote.
Cause as sophisticated as an election system is, it all totally hinges on those who finally count the vote.
If i were into politics, i would join the vote counting party, i think you should too.

by the way The vote counting party is based in Europe too, they help everybody in the world to count their vote, cause the more people are fair in complexion the more trust worthy they are.

The vote counting party is base in Chattam House London, in case you want to join. They have youtube channel.

I have high hopes for you as party member. See you at the next selection, sorry i meant election.
You are actually saying something Mann!
I have been wondering what is always in this Chattam House that our politicians must go and speak there before they are sure of winning Nigeria election.
Your word is a food for thought.
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by africantony: 11:04am On Feb 16, 2023
Where is the godamn portal ?
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by iamL(f): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2023
Most of us here are still using the old notes here nobody send government matter. As they don't care about na so we self nor care about them.

If you don't want to use old note close your business and go home empty handed na hunger go wire you. Money that will still be in circulation after election.

Wicked people. They expect almost 200 million people to queue for what exactly? I pity people that will fill their bank details in that portal. Na vanish people money go dey vanish from their account.
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by JaskanFactor: 12:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
Pacesetter123:

You are actually saying something Mann!
I have been wondering what is always in this Chattam House that our politicians must go and speak there before they are sure of winning Nigeria election.
Your word is a food for thought.

Now you know why nothing ever works in Nigeria, cause the country is run from Europe by a race of people who call us black people.
The real mental meaning of black people means bad people , so that Europeans actually call us bad people, whenever they say black.

In English black really means bad, that is why black is worn to funeral and white is worn to wedding .
And until the day white is worn to funeral and black to wedding, it means the Europeans call us bad people, and they call themselves white which means good people.

And what do you do with bad people, well you wipe them out. Which is what they are doing to us with leaders they choose for us.

All the people they choose to lead Africa they have been training since primary school , like Buhari. Obasanjo etc, they are training the future betrayers of Nigeria in primary schools right now.

When somebody calls you black people, it means they want to wipe you out.
When somebody calls themselves white people , it means they are angels.

Nigeria is not your country, its European slave camp , and your life will improve in Nigeria the moment you realize the country and its institutions exist to ensure your demise.
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Emmanuel909090: 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
We now need portal to deposit our money
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by yom2(m): 1:34am On Feb 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I agree with you. Maybe after next week's election, they'd dispatch more new notes massively across the country via the cbn in each state. I think the reason they're releasing it in piece meal at this moment is to curb vote-buying. You can imagine a north western governor keeping over 20bn naira of the old notes aside, according to mallam buba galadima. How someone like him would now open the cbn porter and fill a form with which he'd deposit such large sum is a mirage. The policy is targeted at people like him. The masses are only at the receiving end.

Maybe this time, Nigerians too would embrace a cashless economy but by force. If we weren't forced to embrace any meaningful policy in Nigeria, we wouldn't learn. That's our character as a nation. The cbn had been preaching this cashless thing for long yet, the level of compliance isn't always encouraging. Sadly, the so-called educated in the society are also affected. You can imagine a graduate saying he always prefers spending cash cos he doesn't do online transaction except he goes to the bank. I have a physiotherapist friend who graduated from OAU in the 90s for instance. He's a much older friend. If this man wants to transfer ordinary 20k, he must visit the bank. I always mock him over this but he doesn't care. It's just a personal orientation, not about school he attended. Many had passed through a reputable university system but chose to remain illiterate in their minds.

Like I always say, I've not been to my bank since 2021 and it was because I needed to renew my atm card and obtain it same day. Even if you don't have an android phone, what about using the USSD codes. Banks do go as far as pasting these codes on their entrance security doors so people can see and copy as they enter yet, all these don't appeal to customers. They'd also flash it as an advert during the news break still, people don't care. The consequences of such negligence is what many are suffering now.

The manner at which those politicians are trooping out in suing the FG is a proof they're not after the masses' interest which they pretend to protect. One of them even sponsored a protest in Edo and some other states yesterday . Anyone who allows himself to be used by them is the most foolish ever lived.
oga u are talking lime this because u have secured ur own side and u are in a kind of job that makes it hassle free for u
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by BluntCrazeMan: 3:18am On Feb 17, 2023
What should I do.??

Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by superCleanworks(m): 4:10am On Feb 17, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Nigerians should reject this process. Just take your monies to the bank. This is absolute madness.
Nigerians will never reject the process. Fela was absolutely right when he said SUFFERING AND SMILING. The curse of silence and easy acceptance of every rubbish is heavy in this country.
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by Ken4Christ: 5:20am On Feb 17, 2023
superCleanworks:

Nigerians will never reject the process. Fela was absolutely right when he said SUFFERING AND SMILING. The curse of silence and easy acceptance of every rubbish is heavy in this country.

The depositing of old notes should be for huge monies. So, what they should have done is to set the lower limit. If you have from so and so amount of money and above, fill a form and return it. Not somebody with say 2,000 naira. Must we always be stressed in this country?
Re: CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes by KdpMaster: 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
CoolAmbience:

Oga, do as have been advised.

Dem tell you say people for CBN no knw about bandwidth and the rest?

As a country do we know our actual population 🤔 to the nearest million

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Blind Man In Jos Selling Phone Cords/Chargers (Photos) / Rencap Predicts Further Naira Devaluation / P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.