Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

I'm In ❤️ With U - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I'm In ❤️ With U (286 Views)

I'm In Need Of A Publisher / I'm In Need Of Quality Content Writers And Rewriters. / I'm In Need Of Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm In ❤️ With U by dammylarey(m): 11:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
I’m not a fan.

And I'm not sure I want to be.

The Valentine’s Day Lover.

There are matters I frown at.

Such matters could make people call you weird.

Yes, taking a stand and standing your ground in the face of widespread public opinion can be offensive.

and I know that for sure. I’m conservative, respect that.

But who cares about my feelings anyways?

Perhaps there is something you could learn from my story if you read further.

The public has made a decision in favor of Valentine’s Day.

It is regarded as "lovers’ day" throughout the world.

What a day full of so many tales and stories of romance!

Historically, Valentine's Day is famous for anonymous greeting cards sent on February 14 as a declaration of affection. During ancient Rome, boys would draw girls' names from a love urn on February 15, and the early Christian Church transferred this popular pagan custom to St. Valentine’s feast day rather than abolish it.

St. Valentine was actually a Roman priest and martyr known as the patron saint of lovers. The customs practiced on his feast day (February 14) have no connection with his life.

But what do we call LOVE?

Fallacy?

Illusions?

Or what?

What is missing in our world is love and peace.

Despite all the talk about love, we still have 4.08 divorces for every 1,000 married people as of May 2022.

wf-lawyers estimates that nearly half of all marriages in the United States will end in divorce or separation.The United States has the 6th highest divorce rate in the world.

South Africa had the highest proportion of divorces, with 45% of all registered divorces coming from black couples. South Africa has a divorce rate of 112 per 100,000 white residents.

It implies that we've been practicing erotic, sexual, or passionate love, which is why it causes great joy and great sorrow. The Philia and Storge are preferred, but most people digress, and they get caught in eros.

According to the National Bureau of Statistics, just 0.2% of Nigerian men and 0.3% of Nigerian women had legally dissolved their marriage.

A newspaper wrote Infidelity is a significant contributor to divorce. It is one of the legal reasons for divorce in addition to the longer-than-a-year separation and abuse of your spouse (mental or physical).

The most preferred love is agape.

That's how I like it, and that's how it'll stay.

(1) (Reply)

The 7 Practical Steps To Stop Stuttering (stammering). A Must Watch. / Shine Beyond Your Base. / Paranormal Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.