Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,222 members, 7,957,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:52 PM

African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe (11930 Views)

5 African Beauty Queens That Are Extremely Beautiful / Pics: Beauty Is Not Enough: If Not, Why Are These Ex-beauty Queens Still Single? / Nigerians Mock Flavour Over New MBGN Queen & His Addiction To Beauty Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by ijawgirl: 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2011
Miss Nigeria-Sophie Gemal

Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by ijawgirl: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2011
Leila Lopes Country: Angola Hometown

Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by ijawgirl: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2011
Larona Motlatsi Kgabo Country: Botswana Hometown: Gaborone Age: 25

Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by ijawgirl: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2011
Nelly Kamwelu Country: Tanzania Hometown

Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by ijawgirl: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2011
Ghana

Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by ijawgirl: 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2011
Egypt

Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by ijawgirl: 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2011
Laetitia Darche Country: Mauritius Hometown: Flic en Flac Age: 20

Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by Kunbee: 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2011
Why does Sophie look like a masquerade undecided undecided undecided shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Is it me or those beads are covering her eyes, besides Bini beads are meant to adorn the body not to be worn as an outfit(skirt and blouse) or made it like the one that wraps the neck totally and wear a killer ankara under.
That's why we haven't won anything after Agbani, her look was simple and effortless

Tanzania looks like the female version of Spartacus, what nonsense.

Mauritius Did they have to kill all the chickens or animals that have feathers in her country to make that dress.

Egypt looks like am angel, thats  kiss kiss kiss. Cleopatra kiss

Ghana is showing too much skin front, back, arms and legs  undecided and its not even the bikini segment. Its a beauty pageant for pete's sake

South Africa could have done better but i don't understand the black and pink detail

Botswana Is she going to till the farm? She has a gorgeous shape, why hide it?

Angolans don't really have culture so am not surprised, but the outfit would have been gorgeous without the waterlilies and fish drawn on cardboard attached to the dress. I guess they were trying to represent their tourism and sandy beaches, but seriously did you have to do that by putting starfish on a dress?
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by showstopa: 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2011
@Kunbee, you are totally wicked hahahahahahahaha
BUt to be frank, seems like everyone was creatively trying to outdo the other. I totally hate Miss Nigeria's outfit.
Egypt is fair. SA id cool too without the end part of the skirt and one more country, i have to look again. The others are terrifying. I have seen much better outfits, I guess they were afraid of repeating old styles.
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by mallorca(m): 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by AfroBlue(m): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2011
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by Kunbee: 12:11am On Sep 12, 2011
showstopa:

BUt to be frank, seems like everyone was creatively trying to outdo the other. I totally hate Miss Nigeria's outfit.
Egypt is fair. SA id cool too without the end part of the skirt and one more country, i have to look again. The others are terrifying. I have seen much better outfits, I guess they were afraid of repeating old styles.

You are too much cheesy

You understand them more than i do sef

They were trying to be edgy abi undecided undecided undecided. Iro and buba or George wrapper may be wrong to wear but there are some ankaras that can kill, or maybe they should have hired a professionsal designer Deola Sagoe
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by PhysicsQED(m): 12:14am On Sep 12, 2011
I'm completely confused by Sophie Gemal's outfit.

I don't think they wear anything like that as a traditional outfit in any part of Nigeria.

Whoever her fashion advisers were probably just convinced her that the judges would fawn over whatever looked most exotic (which is probably true), not what looked most elegant. But they definitely overdid it with that ridiculous headdress that looks like a tree is growing out of her brain.
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by Nayah(f): 12:21am On Sep 12, 2011
SA and Angola are really stunning!!
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 12, 2011
WTF is Ms. Nigeria wearing?

are they telling us that nigeria does not have better designers? Chai!!! Why not go to Hausaland and Biniland if they're really looking for gorgeous bead designs? angry angry angry angry
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 12, 2011
Miss SA and Miss Angola, damn, so beautiful. My list of countries with the finest women in Africa,

1, Ethiopia

2, South Africa

3, Angola

4, Zambia

5, Tanzania
I based my opinion solely on the 1s I have met. I just have dis ting on south African girls, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by Nobody: 3:05am On Sep 12, 2011
Miss Haiti  smiley

Miss Angola

Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by lagcity(m): 4:50am On Sep 12, 2011
i like the Nigerian with beads. best so far cool cool
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by moremi2008(m): 5:44am On Sep 12, 2011
Imagine wearing a mask at a beauty pageant! Poor stupid Miss Nigeria! Her time would have been better spent learning some common sense instead of spreading her legs.
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by itiswell1(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2011
moremi2008:

Imagine wearing a mask at a beauty pageant! Poor silly Miss Nigeria! [s]Her time would have been better spent learning some common sense instead of spreading her legs.[/s]

LWKMD
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by antonion(m): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2011
obo_man:

Miss SA and Miss Angola, damn, so beautiful. My list of countries with the finest women in Africa,

1, Ethiopia

2, South Africa

3, Angola

4, Zambia

5, Tanzania
I based my opinion solely on the 1s I have met. I just have dis ting on south African girls, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

IAM WITH YOU ON THAT ONE MAN.
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by showstopa: 10:24am On Sep 12, 2011
What is Miss Ghana wearing sef? Is that in anyway a traditional attire, also Miss Spartacus.Is tht what they were in that country.Very unfriendly attire jo embarassed
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by divalishis: 11:12am On Sep 12, 2011
@kunbee
You're so right. Agbani was elegant in her simplicity. In her innocence, she captured the hearts of the judges. I remember a young, simple Oluchi too in FOA.
This Miss Nigeria here looks trashy (see her flaunting her yansh in that blue jean like somebody soliciting for customers on the streets embarassed) and lacks common sense for agreeing to wear that contraption!! embarassed

BTW what the eff is going on with that jungle of a hair shocked shocked
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by nastydamus(m): 11:18am On Sep 12, 2011
I'm with the Egyptian Mummy. grin
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by antonion(m): 11:28am On Sep 12, 2011
all this ladies are beautiful
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by Nayah(f): 11:30am On Sep 12, 2011
Angola used to have plenty of gorgeous women and Leila Lopes confirm that, like Micaela Reis what a wonderful sister! smiley
South Africa looks so swwet and raffined I'm very proud to be an African lady cheesy
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by antonion(m): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2011
Nayah:

Angola used to have plenty of gorgeous women and Leila Lopes confirm that, like Micaela Reis what a wonderful sister! smiley
South Africa looks so swwet and raffined I'm very proud to be an African lady cheesy

Nayah you are gorgeous yourself how come you not in this industry?
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by Nayah(f): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2011
LOL Antonion because I'm a bit old for this now and far less beautiful than our sisters smiley
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by UgoBabe(f): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ poster, WHY WOULD YOU the word COSTUME TO REFER TO OUR NATIONAL DRESS? do you not know that it belittles? when whites taunt africans , africans in turn don't bat an eye but instead internalize insults metted to them and embrace it, what rubbish
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by executinal(m): 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2011
South Africa is the best kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe by executinal(m): 6:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
What is that Miss Botswana doing there?? I bet you even [b]Ibu [/b]will beat her in this contest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Releases Burial Details For OJB Jezreel / Finally Regina Daniel Show Off Her Handsome Boo In Adorable Photo / Only In Nigeria (pictures) please dont click here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.