Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? (227 Views)

This is the Will of GOD: "You should abstain from fornication" / Kola Nut Prayer: Effective Ritual You Never Know That Exists / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? by gohf: 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
Going through nairaland religion section I saw posts of some proclaimed atheists accusing God of being a mass murderer, 😂 its confusing thoughts atheists claim God doesn't exist, so how come someone who doesn't exist is guilty in their eyes and has done so much hideous things?

Either you believe there's a God or you don't, which one is you don't believe and you are still describing him and what he has done 😂😂😂
Re: Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? by LordReed(m): 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
gohf:
Going through nairaland religion section I saw posts of some proclaimed atheists accusing God of being a mass murderer, 😂 its confusing thoughts atheists claim God doesn't exist, so how come someone who doesn't exist is guilty in their eyes and has done so much hideous things?

Either you believe there's a God or you don't, which one is you don't believe and you are still describing him and what he has done 😂😂😂

It's just a literary device, poetic license. There are many fictional characters that I discuss as though their actions were real, it doesn't mean I actually think they are real. Your god is a fiction I may choose to discuss just to put the supposed god's actions in context and explain certain of my views none of which mean I believe your god exists.

However maybe atheists should stop doing that so they don't confuse people like you whose sense of humor, irony and sarcasm might be underdeveloped.

2 Likes

Re: Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? by gohf: 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
LordReed:

It's just a literary device, poetic license. There are many fictional characters that I discuss as though their actions were real, it doesn't mean I actually think they are real. Your god is a fiction I may choose to discuss just to put the supposed god's actions in context and explain certain of my views none of which mean I believe your god exists.

However maybe atheists should stop doing that so they don't confuse people like you whose sense of humor, irony and sarcasm might be underdeveloped.
grin at least the one thing you wrote that's okay, is I am a child. God's child and I don't have your worldly sense 😇
Re: Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? by LordReed(m): 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
gohf:
grin at least the one thing you wrote that's okay, is I am a child. God's child and I don't have your worldly sense 😇

I didn't write that you are a child, dunno where you got that from.
Re: Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? by jaephoenix(m): 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
gohf:

Do you know there are whole wikiworlds dedicated to fictional characters and universes like Harry Potter, Marvel Cinematic Universe, DC Universe etc, each with teeming characters. All make believe. Millions of people(grown ass peeps) spend time and energy debating amongst themselves if Superman is stronger than Batman, if Harry Potter can beat Voldemort one-on-one etc.
Now, do they ever believe these characters existed? No! Does it stop them from arguing til they're blue in the face? No! It is a mark of cerebral maturity to argue on such fictional characters.
Now that is the same way atheists argue about the Bible. Being good bible students, atheists use this knowledge to debate 'logically' on outcomes and possible results of fictional bible events.
I dont expect this to make sense to theists like you whose worldview is steeped in fictions, but hey, that's how we got Hitler

1 Like

Re: Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? by gohf: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Do you know there are whole wikiworlds dedicated to fictional characters and universes like Harry Potter, Marvel Cinematic Universe, DC Universe etc, each with teeming characters. All make believe. Millions of people(grown ass peeps) spend time and energy debating amongst themselves if Superman is stronger than Batman, if Harry Potter can beat Voldemort one-on-one etc.
Now, do they ever believe these characters existed? No! Does it stop them from arguing til they're blue in the face? No! It is a mark of cerebral maturity to argue on such fictional characters.
Now that is the same way atheists argue about the Bible. Being good bible students, atheists use this knowledge to debate 'logically' on outcomes and possible results of fictional bible events.
I dont expect this to make sense to theists like you whose worldview is steeped in fictions, but hey, that's how we got Hitler
tsk tsk, touchy touchy 😏
Re: Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? by gohf: 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
LordReed:

I didn't write that you are a child, dunno where you got that from.
didn't expect you to 😇
Re: Lol How Can You Accuse A God You Don't Believe That Exists? by jaephoenix(m): 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
gohf:
tsk tsk, touchy touchy 😏
Is that all?

(1) (Reply)

Should I Run / Blood Shed At LekkiTollgate Shall Not Be In Vain- Arome Osayi / Today's Devotionals For Monday 13th March 2023 - Read Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.