Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,593 members, 7,820,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! (475 Views)

Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Reno Omokri Mocks Peter Obi With Old Photo. Shehu Sani Reacts / Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by yemex04(m): 8:57am On Feb 17, 2023
The whole hullabaloo about the Naira Redesign being targeted at Vote buying may be exercise in futility.. This narrative was pushed to the public for this policy to gain acceptance of the Masses..

I am however hoping people would not have suffered in vain through the endurance of the hardship the hasty implementation of the Policy has brought to the unsuspecting Masses.

What am I thinking?

The President said the old Notes remains redeemable till at least April 10 regardless of the Judicial pronouncement..

Now,Elections is between February 25 to 1st March or so..

The implication is, just like people still transact among themselves with the so called banned old notes, votes can still be bought with the Old Notes may be this time in larger amount, & will still gallantly walk up to any CBN branch to drop the old Notes anytime till April 10 & get your account credited with the amount dropped..

You see, sooner or later, Politicians,vote buyers & vote Buyers will identify this loopholes and exploit to their Gains..

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by derecho(m): 9:00am On Feb 17, 2023
Na only foolish voters go collect old notes.

The awareness is high...forget the gragra by APC governors

7 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by Urchinpainer: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:
The whole hullabaloo about the Naira Redesign being targeted at Vote buying may be exercise in futility.. This narrative was pushed to the public for this policy to gain acceptance of the Masses..

I am however hoping people would not have suffered in vain through the endurance of the hardship the hasty implementation of the Policy has brought to the unsuspecting Masses.

What am I thinking?

The President said the old Notes remains redeemable till at least April 10 regardless of the Judicial pronouncement..

The implication is, just like people still transact among themselves with the so called banned old notes, votes can still be bought with the Old Notes may be this time in larger amount, & will still gallantly walk up to any CBN branch to drop the old Notes anytime till April 10 & get your account credited with the amount dropped..

You see, sooner or later, Politicians,vote buyers & vote Buyers will identify this loopholes and exploit to their Gains..

Unless you are talking about N200 note. No one will accept a note he is not sure of using. Mind you after today any money left with anyone is gone forever.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 17, 2023
I will queue for ages because of 10k,after elections cbn no go send again
Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by psucc(m): 9:04am On Feb 17, 2023
May be Kano, Kaduna will sell their votes for old notes. If a a Court rejects old notes, then what will the ordinary people do.

Is the SC not aware that the Courts are rejecting the old notes?
Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by Pierocash(m): 9:07am On Feb 17, 2023
If they give u old note collect it at your own risk. Who wants to stress to go make deposit in CBN.

The only old 1k note I have, I haven't been able to spend it. Filling station, stores, supermarkets and every individual have rejected it

Forget it,no old note can be accepted by any sensible voter. Forget that Midget in Kaduna promising to help them deposit it,he is trying to lure them to accept it during vote buying.

I stand with Buhari this time.May God bless him.

Urchins ,may your disappointment just begin

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by OPICANTO2223: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2023
Only God knows why Tinubu love this so much.
Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by bishopkay: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2023
Go and see the crowd of people at the central banks at Kano and Kaduna returning old money. Just dey play ooh... dey play!
Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by wegevv: 9:41am On Feb 17, 2023
derecho:
Na only foolish voters go collect old notes.

The awareness is high...forget the gragra by APC governors

The OP is making a good point though. Smart voters will realise that they can collect old notes and deposit it with CBN. Huge inconvenience for the receiver but possible.

I’ve never been convinced by this naira redesign thing tbh. I'm confident Obi can will this election whether the opposition buys votes or not. Annoyed that this has now become a distraction. Can’t trust the worst federal government in the history of our country to do anything good.

Vote Obi <3
Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by meum: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2023
Read this slowly:

“To further ease the supply pressures particularly to our citizens, I have given approval to the CBN that the old N200 bank notes be released back into circulation and that it should also be allowed to circulate as legal tender with the new N200, N500, and N1000 banknotes for 60 days from February 10, 2023 to April 10 2023 when the old N200 notes ceases to be legal tender.” (M. Buhari, 2023)
Re: Naira Redesign:votes Can Still Be Bought With Old Notes! by Ofunaofu: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2023
yemex04:

What am I thinking?

Only if the vote buyer is buying with ₦200 bills

The ₦500 & ₦1000 bill becomes worthless after today February 17, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Apc's Bola Tinubu Drops Sountrack For Peter Obi / 2023 Presidential Mock Election Results / Why Are They Announcing Results From Tinubu Strongholds And Not From Atiku Stron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.