Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,028 members, 7,953,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank (33360 Views)

CBN Offical Tells Nigerians To Deposit Old Notes In Their Banks (Video) / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Ijoba85: 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
DMerciful:
The protests are mostly in APC states meaning they're sponsored by Yekini Amoda Ogunlere(Lamidi Amoda Sangodele aka BAT) to blackmail the fg
Leave am , we love am like that ...Amoda , God has got your back
..No shakings
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by AbrahamOfor(m): 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Meeehhnn.!!!
I saw shegge today

👇🏼👇🏼👇🏻👇🏻
Meanwhile,
This process you described, it worked well Yesterday.
But the portal stopped working throughout today.
THE PORTAL BECAME HEAVILY OVERLOADED TODAY.

They had to tell us to go back to our various banks and do manual registration, without having to generate any codes through the CBN portal.

Do they credit you immediately after the deposit sir?
There was a circulation that you will be credited after about 4weeks
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Ishilove: 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
ThierryJay:
There are reports of some banks collecting the old 500/1000 notes today without customers filling any CBN online form. Wont this defeat the purpose of the procedure laid down by CBN? Implementation has always been the issue with Nigerian initiatives.
My banker told me not to bother with any yeye CBN protocol. I should just come and deposit without hassles
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by AtikuOkowa: 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
ThierryJay:
There are reports of some banks collecting the old 500/1000 notes today without customers filling any CBN online form. Wont this defeat the purpose of the procedure laid down by CBN? Implementation has always been the issue with Nigerian initiatives.

The reports are coming from mind,thinking the way out for corruption to fight back.

I assure you it is not possible,except if the banks are not under CBN directives,that is outside Nigeria
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by TheSameGuy(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
Delta, Edo, Oyo, Benue, Rivers are APC States?

Obidence Obingo
DMerciful:
The protests are mostly in APC states meaning they're sponsored by Yekini Amoda Ogunlere(Lamidi Amoda Sangodele aka BAT) to blackmail the fg
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Emeka71(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
My personal opinion, if the aim of this is to mop up cash ment for voter buying, funds should be frozen till after elections.

My thought.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by TheSameGuy(m): 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
What useless purpose are you talking.
ThierryJay:
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by phemmie06(m): 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
Dem go paste am for calendar or carry am go CBN office which their governor de control
html14java:
Banks take directive from CBN.

If you like dey wait for Supreme Court and your governor with his selfish political interest, you'll open a museum lass lass to dey alright.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Queendera(f): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
My personal opinion, if the aim of this is to mop up cash ment for voter buying, funds should be frozen till after elections.

it's defeated already.

If bank start accepting it, then it's legal tender and market women will start accepting it too.

Once the business men and women start accepting it, then you can easily give to people on election day since these businesses can accept it and go change it.

In essence, businesses will do the bulk of the cash exchange while they accept the money for exchange of goods.

Votes can be bought comfortably.

All cbn had to do was endure the pressure for a couple more days.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Kaybaba5(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
ogub:
I've been trying to fill it , it showing me errors.

Is always error
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by tunapawizzy: 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

i think that will create a bigger problem.......vote buyers will always disguise under the hardship on masses and freezing accounts may not work because sincerely money meant to buy votes are not in the banks, they are in homes of politicians already(most of it in old notes)....u can see they are not fighting that the CBN should provide more new notes for the people..they just want the old notes to still have life ....I think Buhari will eventually allow all old notes to co-exist with new ones till maybe April....but that will be announced after the election.....
To stop vote buying, it is not enough to just stop the capacity of the buyer, it is also important to make the instrument of transaction appear valueless to the vote sellers. That is why the governors are telling their people u can still spend it in my state, so the vote-sellers can still believe they are getting something valuable in return
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by WarriAproko: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
Who dey confuse dis country

Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Ray02: 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
IslamIsIdiotic:
Isn't it funny that the very same people who loudly and
vigorously enabled the legendary Buhari stiff-
necked style of policy formulation and execution
over the past 8 years are now the same people crying
over the results of their own hard work?🤣
I used to think that the "C" in APC stood for either criminal or clueless, but maybe it actually stands for comedy?🤣
This clearly shows their true colour. Hypocrites gbogbo😂😂😂.
The funny thing is if election is not near, they would not care, now they are driving people's emotions, pretending they are fighting for them

2 Likes

Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Omoyoruba101: 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nice one
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
God bless Buhari
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Benrosaria(m): 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
now a new method of siphoning money from people don come. please stop anything that has to do e-currency with Nigerians. school isn't for blacks
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by histemple: 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

To freeze an account, you require a court order. And such court order must state the allegedly crime committed for which the account holder is being investigated.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
tunapawizzy:

i think that will create a bigger problem.......vote buyers will always disguise under the hardship on masses and freezing accounts may not work because sincerely money meant to buy votes are not in the banks, they are in homes of politicians already(most of it in old notes)....u can see they are not fighting that the CBN should provide more new notes for the people..they just want the old notes to still have life ....I think Buhari will eventually allow all old notes to co-exist with new ones till maybe April....but that will be announced after the election.....
To stop vote buying, it is not enough to just stop the capacity of the buyer, it is also important to make the instrument of transaction appear valueless to the vote sellers. That is why the governors are telling their people u can still spend it in my state, so the vote-sellers can still believe they are getting something valuable in return

Not to freeze acct, but freeze transaction
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Hassanmaye(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

1. Visit CBN website https://www.cbn.gov.ng/

2. Click on link to to generate receipt
https://crs.cbn.gov.ng/

3. Get started https://crs.cbn.gov.ng/get-started

Select new depositor , or if you have been
through the process before, track the
movement of your deposited funds

4. Fill out the relevant information and click on
generate reference number.

https://crs.cbn.gov.ng/get-started/new

5. Print out the generated Reference to and take
to selected banks that accepts deposits not
exceeding ₦500,000

The end.

Wow
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
histemple:

To freeze an account, you require a court order. And such court order must state the allegedly crime committed for which the account holder is being investigated.

You can freeze a transaction and leave the acct alone
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by quinox947: 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
Please when is the closing date?
GAZZUZZ:

1. Visit CBN website https://www.cbn.gov.ng/

2. Click on link to to generate receipt
https://crs.cbn.gov.ng/

3. Get started https://crs.cbn.gov.ng/get-started

Select new depositor , or if you have been
through the process before, track the
movement of your deposited funds

4. Fill out the relevant information and click on
generate reference number.

https://crs.cbn.gov.ng/get-started/new

5. Print out the generated Reference to and take
to selected banks that accepts deposits not
exceeding ₦500,000

The end.

Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by owunabastard: 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
To generate the code, na wahala. Please who could generate the code today?
"fail to submit request"
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
ufine200:
Nothing like visiting CBN portal again
If u have less than 500k walk in to any bank and fill a form inside the bank
Please don't visit any site
For money above 500k visit any CBN office in your state

Fake news Mr man.

CBN has debunked the news.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by owunabastard: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
Not fake news, visit cbn portal, any amount less than 500k, you are advised to visit your specified deposit money bank
AllDModsAreMaad:

Fake news Mr man.

CBN has debunked the news.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by histemple: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

You can freeze a transaction and leave the acct alone

They both require the same process. To place a lien on a specific amount of money, you must state why the funds is suspicious.

And you must explain to the account holder why you are withholding his/her funds.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by tunapawizzy: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Not to freeze acct, but freeze transaction
Ok i get you now...but my brother that will create serious damage..i think it will even be worse than what is on ground now. The masses will be massively affected much more than this.
And freezing transaction will not do much because by now, funds for vote buying are at different homes already
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by grandstar(m): 5:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
ThierryJay:

What nonsense CBN guidelines? The CBN isn't even following the CBN Act of 2007.

Filling forms is probably too bureaucratic, especially with angry customers breathing down their necks, ready to burn the bank down.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by tunapawizzy: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
ufine200:
Nothing like visiting CBN portal again
If u have less than 500k walk in to any bank and fill a form inside the bank
Please don't visit any site
For money above 500k visit any CBN office in your state
your fake news just got debunked by CBN....this is how you people spread falsehood and create damage...u will make people go to banks to think they can deposit, banks will not collect from them then the people will start attacking bankers again....
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by jrobbins: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
ThierryJay:

Sorry, dont understand

Check my last post before this.
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Mountain20(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
I just deposited my old notes without generating any Reference code
Re: How To Deposit Old 500 and 1,000 Naira Notes Into Your Bank by Christistruth00: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
It is even on the Central Bank Website you can deposit the old Currency at the commercial Banks

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN / Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment / Why Has Dangote Said More Words In 2 Months Than He Did In 16years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.