Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,543 members, 7,837,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February (1725 Views)

Naira Redesign: You Have 12 Hours Left To Deposit Your Old Note..(CBN) / Simon Ekpa Declares 16th, 17th & 18th Of May 2022 Sit-At-Home In South East / 2019: Campaign Officially Starts Tomorrow 18th November 2018: INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by LegendHero(m): 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
NothingDoMe:
This is the most hilarious propaganda ever. 😄🤣

You can think it’s hilarious but that is what people are talking about now.

Elemiewele don meet him match. Why do you think they started instructing bank to collect old notes? It’s simply because people with old note will be frustrated into voting a candidate that can guarantee the value of their Naira of banks fail to accept it.

Elemiwwele na dullard. We are checkmating all his policies with a counter one. No matter the game he pull, there is a checkmate.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
dustmalik:
No one cares. We, the sensible Nigerians, will not return our hard-earned old notes.

However, ipob miscreants may return theirs.
Kikikiki

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by AustineE1: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2023
People still dont get it,CBN has not shifted ground,all they did is to ease the stress of depositing old notes. They are only out to decongest CBN branches nationwide due to pressure coming from Nigerians trying to deposit the old note.Going by the process of generating the required code for deposit,necessary data and information about you would have been collected and giving the initial process released by CBN for depositing old currencies,the money will be boxed and you can only access it after two weeks,by which time the presidential elections would have been over.
The whole idea is to stop politicians who have stockpilled this old note for vote buying. I also observed that cases of kidnapping has drastically reduced nationwide.
Wee will keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by LegendHero(m): 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
AustineE1:
People still dont get it,CBN has not shifted ground,all they did is to ease the stress of depositing old notes. They are only out to decongest CBN branches nationwide due to pressure coming from Nigerians trying to deposit the old note.Going by the process of generating the required code for deposit,necessary data and information about you would have been collected and giving the initial process released by CBN for depositing old currencies,the money will be boxed and you can only access it after two weeks,by which time the presidential elections would have been over.
The whole idea is to stop politicians who have stockpilled this old note for vote buying. I also observed that cases of kidnapping has drastically reduced nationwide.

How will this new CBN policy stop politician from vote buying? Can you explain to me in kindergarten language?

Let’s say I’m a politician that want to buy votes. With this new policy, this is what I will do.

—I already saved Billions of Naira in #500 and #1000 notes.

—On Election Day, I will share the old naira notes to buy votes. Then tell the receptors that they can always deposit it in the bank since the CBN already instructed bank to accept it.

If I am the voter selling votes.
— I will collect #20k old notes on Election Day

—I will go to CBN portal and go and deposit the money at the bank after election.

—Then after 4weeks I will withdraw the money back in new notes

———Can you tell me in simple terms how this policy stop vote buying with what I highlighted here.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by XerXers: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

LoL you go schl like this First bank is only trying to tell you that tomorrow which is 18 them go open for service.....

Na true true say you this people na Zombie always trying to twist everything to ur own narrative.....
It will end on Wednesday
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol 😂

Rivers rally was a massive hit. Below is the crowd at Tinubu rally in Rivers.

I dare you to bring Obi rally in Rivers. If it reach 3/10 of this crowd, I will deactivate my account.
I was live at the venue, I knew when they asked them to come forward when Tinubu was addressing them zoom your back to see the seats are empty when they came close to the podium, majority of people there were brought from neighbouring states with buses by APC chieftains, I can tell you that Tinubu can't get 10% votes from Rivers, mark my post just few days to go, if you doubt my picture show drone picture of Tinubu's rally in PH grin

1 Like

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by XerXers: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
AustineE1:
I discovered that urchins celebrate everything before getting details. Most of them started celebrating after Buhari broadcast only to start wailing after the details was made clearer to them

1 Like

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
LegendHero:

How will this new CBN policy stop politician from vote buying? Can you explain to me in kindergarten language?

Let’s say I’m a politician that want to buy votes. With this new policy, this is what I will do.

—I already saved Billions of Naira in #500 and #1000 notes.

—On Election Day, I will share the old naira notes to buy votes. Then tell the receptors that they can always deposit it in the bank since the CBN already instructed bank to accept it.

If I am the voter selling votes.
— I will collect #20k old notes on Election Day

—I will go to CBN portal and go and deposit the money at the bank after election.

—Then after 4weeks I will withdraw the money back in new notes

———Can you tell me in simple terms how this policy stop vote buying with what I highlighted here.

You will be disappointed in coming days
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by inoki247: 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
XerXers:

It will end on Wednesday

Which Wednesday where's you Link...

We don see another news from CBN say no be dem talk say make bank dey colet any money we don't even know what's the truth or fake News anymore....

Confusion everywhere....
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by daygee12: 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
post=120991947:
CBN directive to banks to receive old notes end tomorrow 18th February

Most people from ur side too sabi book na drug business vast on
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by LegendHero(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
post=120992758:

I was live at the venue, I knew when they asked them to come forward when Tinubu was addressing them zoom your back to see the seats are empty when they came close to the podium, majority of people there were brought from neighbouring states with buses by APC chieftains, I can tell you that Tinubu can't get 10% votes from Rivers, mark my post just few days to go, if you doubt my picture show drone picture of Tinubu's rally in PH grin

Oga stop saying nonsense. Who cares if you are there when we all watched it live on TVC.

So you’re now agreeing people are there but your grievances is that they are brought by APC chieftains. How is that your business, should they be PDP supporters before?

If you think the rally is small and you are not a coward, then post Obi own and let’s compare.

1 Like

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by LegendHero(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
post=120992807:

You will be disappointed in coming days

Is that the answer to my question?
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nawa oo
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by 1DigitalBaby: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
post=120991947:

FAKE NEW PEDDLING
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by MrALIVE: 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
yarimo:
where in the notice the bank said it will end tomorrow? obi and olodo supporters are like 5 and 6
obi is your nightmare to the extent you can't comment without mentioning his name ..he will be your president,if you don't like it look for another country.
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by NothingDoMe: 5:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
LegendHero:

You can think it’s hilarious but that is what people are talking about now.

Elemiewele don meet him match. Why do you think they started instructing bank to collect old notes? It’s simply because people with old note will be frustrated into voting a candidate that can guarantee the value of their Naira of banks fail to accept it.

LOL. No one is talking about that. Just the normal propaganda. Who has changed their preferred candidate because of naira notes?
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by incandescentena: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
MrALIVE:
obi is your nightmare to the extent you can't comment without mentioning his name ..he will be your president,if you don't like it look for another country.
FOOOOL FOR LIEE
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by Apophenia24k: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
Don't let urchins deceive you.
Your hard earn money go turn paper after 17th of this month.

They are always on the wrong side of everything positive in this country
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by Christistruth00: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
post=120992001:
All banks will be open tomorrow to receive old notes from customers

Your News is Fake

It is even on the Central Bank Website you can still deposit the old Currency at the commercial Banks

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by localbreed(m): 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
post=120991947:

Liar
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by yarimo(m): 6:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
MrALIVE:
social media president

Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by Christistruth00: 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by MonthlySalary: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
post=120991947:
thisis fake news
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by totit: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
post=120992356:

Old notes will not save Tinubu's next seven days, Tinubu media director is feeling the defeat

Ok. Noted. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Banks Receiving Old Note End Tomorrow 18th Of February by totit: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
post=120992264:

Is over for Tinubu you guys have forgotten what happened in Osun even with the 10k APC was sharing they still lost the election grin

grin grin grin
: cheesy cheesy ; cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Over 200,000 PVCs Discovered In Nnewi Forest. Youths Now Distributing To Owners! / Picture: First To Reach My Polling Booth / A Wake Up Call For Igbo Traders In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.