Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,805 members, 7,866,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:54 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 61. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 61. (105 Views)

The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 61. / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 61. by PastorSomba(m): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 61.

Hebrews 11:1, 6 (KJV) "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

61. Whatever you need from God the first thing is to hear the word that will give you the substance or assurance and confidence that God wants to give it to you, that God is willing to give it to you and that God is able to give it to you. Do not assume you know. In other words based on the word of God you are hearing, do you have confidence and assurance that God wants to give it to you, that God will give it to you and that God is able to give it to you? Every word of assurance or substance must answer these questions for you and you must believe it. You must believe based on what you are hearing that God wants to heal you, God is able to heal you and that God is willing to heal you. Please note that a substance of the word can only give you hope or assurance not faith.

In otherwords, the substance can only help you believe but not enough to give you faith. So don't base your faith only on the substance. Many people fail to be healed because they base all their faith on the substance, assurance or hope. For example stories in the bible or testimonies are good only as substance, hope or assurance that God can do it but testimonies cannot give you faith. Don't base your faith on a testimony or a story in the bible. Bible healing stories or Testimonies are not the word of God but the works of God. Faith comes by hearing the word not by hearing the works of God. The works of God are given to us to draw us to the word. From Genesis to the gospels speak of the marvellous works of God. But from the book of the epistles Romans to Jude speaks of the word of God or the blessings of God given to us as a result of the finished work of God in Christ Jesus.

God worked from the book of Genesis till the resurrection and ascension of Jesus. From the book of Romans to Jude we are given all the blessings of the works of God in Christ to receive and enjoy freely by faith. Now we have entered into rest, no more works. Faith only exist or function where there is rest and no more work. Any promise or blessings of God that demands you work to get it you can never get it by faith. In order words the substance of the word are the promises of God to us. A promise is a word of assurance that God will do and is able to do what we are hoping for or what we are desiring. Grace be with you Romans 8:28; 10:17; Mark 5:27; 6:1-6; 9:23; Luke 4:18-28; 5:15; 6:17; John 4:34; 5:1-7,17,20,36; 6:28-29; 9:4; 10:25,32,37; 14:10-14; 16:23; 1Corinthians 3:21-23; Ephesians 1:3; 2Corinthians 1:20; 4:15; Psalm 2:8; Colossians 1:16-17;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be you. To Jesus be all the glory.
Re: Understanding What Faith Is. Part 61. by AnyanwuSilas: 12:10am On Feb 18, 2023
Faith is bullshit

(1) (Reply)

Completing The New Testament In A Year(day55). / Prayers For The Church / Confess Your Trespasses To One Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.