Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Jesus Wants To Set You Free - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Wants To Set You Free (266 Views)

Christ Jesus Wants You To Avoid Adultery / Only Satan Shall Set You Free. What's Satan? / Can Someone Explain The Message That Jesus Wants To Pass In Luke 22 :36 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Wants To Set You Free by Btruth: 6:44am On Feb 18, 2023
Jesus wants to set you free

Sat, 18 Feb 2023

‘But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.”’ Luke 13:12

The Bible says: ‘There was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity”’ (Luke 13:11-12 NKJV). Notice four things in this story: the person, the problem, the Great Physician, and the prescription. For every person, including you, there will be a problem. But more importantly, for every problem, including yours, the Great Physician has a prescription. Jesus’ opening statement to the problem in this woman’s life is not a recommendation for counselling; it’s a challenging command: ‘You are loosed!’ Christian counsellors are a gift from God, but often more is involved in maintaining deliverance than just discussing past trauma. Jesus didn’t counsel what should have been commanded. After you have analysed the condition and understood its origin, it will take the authority of God’s Word to put the past under your feet! This woman was suffering as the result of something that had attacked her eighteen years earlier, yet her trauma was as fresh that day as it was the day it occurred. But while her problem was rooted in the past, her prescription could only be found in the present word from God. Jesus, who is the Living Word, is ‘the same yesterday, today, and forever’ (Hebrews 13:8 NKJV). That is to say, the word you are hearing today is able to heal your yesterday! Jesus said, ‘Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.’ Why didn’t Jesus call her by name? Because His promise applies to all of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Wants To Set You Free by AllenforGOD(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
Bros i want to be free from sexual impurity,lust,masturbation :-(
Re: Jesus Wants To Set You Free by yrhuhfy113: 12:27am On Feb 19, 2023
AllenforGOD:
Bros i want to be free from sexual impurity,lust,masturbation
:-(

FOR INSTANT DELIVERANCE come to ibadan and meet Snr. Prophet G.F. Adetuberu Ministry
IBADAN or contact him on instagram for deliverance via video call. YOU SHALL BE FREE
Re: Jesus Wants To Set You Free by jaephoenix(m): 12:52am On Feb 19, 2023
Btruth:
Jesus wants to set you free

Sat, 18 Feb 2023

‘But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.”’ Luke 13:12

The Bible says: ‘There was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity”’ (Luke 13:11-12 NKJV). Notice four things in this story: the person, the problem, the Great Physician, and the prescription. For every person, including you, there will be a problem. But more importantly, for every problem, including yours, the Great Physician has a prescription. Jesus’ opening statement to the problem in this woman’s life is not a recommendation for counselling; it’s a challenging command: ‘You are loosed!’ Christian counsellors are a gift from God, but often more is involved in maintaining deliverance than just discussing past trauma. Jesus didn’t counsel what should have been commanded. After you have analysed the condition and understood its origin, it will take the authority of God’s Word to put the past under your feet! This woman was suffering as the result of something that had attacked her eighteen years earlier, yet her trauma was as fresh that day as it was the day it occurred. But while her problem was rooted in the past, her prescription could only be found in the present word from God. Jesus, who is the Living Word, is ‘the same yesterday, today, and forever’ (Hebrews 13:8 NKJV). That is to say, the word you are hearing today is able to heal your yesterday! Jesus said, ‘Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.’ Why didn’t Jesus call her by name? Because His promise applies to all of us.
Free from what, specifically?
Re: Jesus Wants To Set You Free by Btruth: 6:20am On Feb 19, 2023
AllenforGOD:
Bros i want to be free from sexual impurity,lust,masturbation
:-(
There's nothing impossible for God if you believe and have faith in Him and His words. The first thing is to confess your your sins (between you & God) and ask for forgiveness.....then accept Christ as your personal saviour.

Pray this simple prayer: Lord Jesus, I am a sinner, and I admitted that I've been wrong in so many ways to you. Please Lord, forgive me of all my sins. And I give my life to you this morning, I accept you as my personal saviour, please come into my heart and dwell within. Give me the power to overcome sins, and give me that strength to continue to follower and learn from your foot. Thank you Lord Jesus because you came to die for my sins. And I accept this free gift by faith in Jesus name. Amen.

Endeavor to stay away from the things that makes you feel guilty and those you know are sins. Get a Bible, or download one online and read it from time to time. It's the perfect word of God. When you read the Bible, the Lord is talking to, and when you pray, you are taking back to Him.

Reading the Bible might be very difficult sometimes, but allow yourself as you read through for the Lord to communicate with you. HE will definitely speak to you.

Then, look for any spiritual church preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, and start attending. The Lord will give you a good direction on this.

One thing I want you to be conscious of is that the Lord love you and He will definitely give you the grace to walk with Him. May His grace be sufficient for you in all your life as you've decided to walk with Him from this moment with grace.

God bless you my brother.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Difference Between Worshipping Online And Attending Physical Church / Ramadan 2023: Rules For Married Couples And Relationships (kissing And Intimacy) / The Violent Take It By Force!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.