Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. (667 Views)

Music, Dance: What Gave Fulani Youths Joy In The Past (Video, Pictures) / I Was Promised Salesgirl Job In Ogun But Turned Into Sex Slave – 16-year-old Cro / 'Omoyele Sowore Could Have Been Turned To Goat For Desecration Of Ooni's Status' (2) (3) (4)

How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Sadonyx: 9:10am On Feb 18, 2023
I live in an estate and I am one of the young guys around who work mostly from home.

One of the estate excos sent me a message asking for some assistance to feed his family. I wasn't expecting as I felt he was somehow comfortable (or so I thought).

He later put a call through to follow up on the message of which I asked him how much loan is he looking for. He told me anything but later said 20k.

I sent the money almost immediately we ended the call. He returns the call to thank me which I didn't bother to pick.

He sent messages later which I acknowledged this time.

The main issue is the next morning he sent another message again to thank me for the gift I sent him. I've been confused afterwards. Even though I have planned to ask him to forget it whenever he is ready to payback. This one he did is still a mystery to me.

Please I'm I overthinking or what do I know?
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Reinamaria(f): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2023
One of the estate excos sent me a message asking for some assistance to feed his family.

Did he specifically ask you for a loan?
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Sadonyx: 9:18am On Feb 18, 2023
Reinamaria:

Did he specifically ask you for a loan?

Sure.

If he asked for a gift, I won't be asking him how much gift is he looking at (for)? 🤔
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Reinamaria(f): 9:22am On Feb 18, 2023
Sadonyx:

Sure.

If he asked for a gift, I won't be asking him how much gift is he looking at (for)? 🤔

Then, send him a message and make it clear to him that it's a loan, not a gift.
He wants to use sense.

Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Sadonyx: 9:28am On Feb 18, 2023
Reinamaria:

Then, send him a message and make it clear to him that it's a loan, not a gift.
He wants to use sense.

Hmmm that's true.

Honestly I was playing with the thought of forgoing the money whenever he shows willingness to pay back as he committed to middle of next week.

I feel somewhat played.
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by knapsack(m): 9:30am On Feb 18, 2023
Sadonyx:

Sure.

Then acknowledge his thanksgiving and gently remind him that's a loan and when is he likely going to repay it so you can plan for it😁
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Zonefree(m): 9:38am On Feb 18, 2023
Sadonyx:

Hmmm that's true.

Honestly I was playing with the thought of forgoing the money whenever he shows willingness to pay back as he committed to middle of next week.

I feel somewhat played.
I'll advise you calm down and watch. You don't need to remind him it's a loan, just calm down and observe till middle of next week like he promised.

Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by CodeTemplar: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2023
A tactical change of perspective that is. Lol
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Reinamaria(f): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2023
Sadonyx:

Hmmm that's true.

I feel somewhat played.

So long as he's not your close padi, clarify things sooner.
Who calls a loan gift?

Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Sadonyx: 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sometime ago I wanted to get approval for a space around the estate security gatehouse, so I can mount a portakabin in order to rent it out or use it for business.

This space is unoccupied and a very conspicuous and good for a small mini-mart.

Government just finished fixing the whole estate road with interlocking and solar street lights which even made the place very open. It's so spacious that we permanently close one wing of he street gate by the security men.

Do you know I approached this guy since he is an insider.

The response he gave me ehn. That was the last time I toyed with the idea.

Well it's God that fights for people I can't repay him with evil for my own in front of me.

Just ranting though
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by brain54(m): 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
Sadonyx:
Sometime ago I wanted to get approval for a space around the estate security gatehouse, so I can mount a portakabin in order to rent it out or use it for business.

This space is unoccupied and a very conspicuous and good for a small mini-mart.

Government just finished fixing the whole estate road with interlocking and solar street lights which even made the place very open. It's so spacious that we permanently close one wing of he street gate by the security men.

Do you know I approached this guy since he is an insider.

The response he gave me ehn. That was the last time I toyed with the idea.

Well it's God that fights for people I can't repay him with evil for my own in front of me.

Just ranting though
Was this after the loan/gift…

Or before?
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by 0monnak0da: 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2023
Sadonyx:

I live in an estate and I am one of the young guys around who work mostly from home.

One of the estate excos sent me a message asking for some assistance to feed his family. I wasn't expecting as I felt he was somehow comfortable (or so I thought).

He later put a call through to follow up on the message of which I asked him how much loan is he looking for. He told me anything but later said 20k.

I sent the money almost immediately we ended the call. He returns the call to thank me which I didn't bother to pick.

The main issue is the next morning he sent another message again to thank me for the gift I sent him. I've been confused afterwards. Even though I have planned to ask him to forget it whenever he is ready to payback. This one he did is still a mystery to me.

Thank God that you have surplus
Mark it down as school fees
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Kobicove(m): 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
Sadonyx:

Avoid giving loans you can't forfeit but if you must make sure that when transferring the money you write the following "Loan to be repaid on 31 May 2023"

Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by Sadonyx: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2023
brain54:

Was this after the loan/gift…

Or before?

Long before the gift thingy...
Re: How Loan I Gave Out Was Turned Into A Gift By The Receiver. by brain54(m): 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2023
Sadonyx:

Long before the gift thingy...
After giving you the shoddy treatment…

He still had balls of steel to come meet you for money. Some people get mind sha.

Before I lend someone money I make sure to ask in clear terms… and that the person responds in equally clear terms when he/she would pay back. Sometimes even going as far as asking how he intends to pay me back.

I do this even on occasions when I don’t intend collecting the money back. Because anything can happen to make me change my mind and then I have your words to hold on to.

Besides in the course of my life I have learned to make everything business/money stated in very clear terms and understanding with the person I am dealing with sometimes in writing were applicable.

Money and women are two things that can make two friendsbrothers have the greatest misunderstandings that would turn them to great enemies if not properly handled.

Why The Word “love” Is Not Found In Igbo Vocabulary? / Actor Emeka Ike Is The Ultimate Man / What's Your Take?