Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience (810 Views)

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2023
As we all know there is always a first time for everything in life. To everyone who own a car, what was the feeling like when you bought your first car?

Were you able to sleep over the night?
How did you celebrated it?
What brand of car?
How did you cope in terms of maintenance?
Did you regret buying the car or it was a good move?
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Zonefree(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2023
A 2008 Toyota Camry has the ability to get you over 80 Nigerian girls on your bed simultaneously in just three weeks of purchase.

Every new car owner in Nigeria will attest to this fact.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2023
Zonefree:
A 2008 Toyota Camry can get you over 80 Nigerian girls in three weeks.

Every new car owner in Nigeria will attest to this fact.

Lol,
Did you sleep that night you bought the car?
How did you feel?
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Oowel(m): 10:58am On Feb 18, 2023
It's so pleasant to be riding in your own car without anyone calling you to ask were are you or will you bring back the car now...
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 11:04am On Feb 18, 2023
Oowel:
It's so pleasant to be riding in your own car without anyone calling you to ask were are you or will you bring back the car now...

Awesome,
I pray to own a car soon, want to know that feeling also

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Berrityga: 11:20am On Feb 18, 2023
Was a top of the world feeling when I bought my first car a 2013 camry. I later gave it to my mum after 8months of using it. I could stand the fact my mum was still flying okada. Since then I've not been able to buy another car. God go see nr through.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2023
Berrityga:
Was a top of the world feeling when I bought my first car a 2013 camry. I later gave it to my mum after 8months of using it. I could stand the fact my mum was still flying okada. Since then I've not been able to buy another car. God go see nr through.

May God grant your heart desires n wish,

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Richy4(m): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2023
In my own case,It wasn't like dude I own a car.... considering the circumstances. smiley
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2023
Richy4:
In my own case,It wasn't like dude I own a car.... considering the circumstances. smiley

Deep
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Exmilitant(m): 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2023
The feeling is indescribable. I just dey pose, i just dey denge, i just dey waka kurukere.
it was a Mercedeze Benze 190 back in 2001. I installed 4 speakers if i dey drive enter community eh it was all eyes on me because 2pac dey blast steady.

Excess level!

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by ahnie: 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2023
slan87:

Lol,
Did you sleep that night you bought the car?
How did you feel?
This riffraff that’s still be housed n fed by his aged parents,person never fit afford Canadian loud to smoke na car he go com fit buy?

Such a decorative failed yahoo boy with patchy leaned ribs.

People wey dem dey pray for never better,na the one wey full community dey naked swear for naim go come better?
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Richy4(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2023
slan87:

Deep
The circumstances surrounding getting the car was what every international students would understand..
<< You can't call your folks all the time that you needed funds.. u have to get a job to tidy certain things..
<< I saw a part-time job that requires the applicant to own a car, I applied... During the interview I was asked again if I got a car because it warrant starting work @ 6am.. no lateness...I said yes with a smile.. I was offered the job to resume in four days time..Chaiii!!!!
If I rely on Bus, I will be resuming 45mins late every morning duties I will be doing..

<< I went online where second and third handed cars were sold by the owners themselves...not car dealers..
<< With limited resources as a student, I bought it... A Holden Hatchback, two doors..
I hated it because it was "girly"..If someone wants to get to the back seat, u have to come out and press your front seat grin grin
<< Again, The previous owner got a cat, I discovered that after buying, hmmm it took me more than 4months to remove the deep-rooted furs from the seats..
<< U see, it was just a means to get from point A to B...I only appreciated it when it rains.
<< My second car purchase was more like what u were describing now smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2023
Richy4:

The circumstances surrounding getting the car was what every international students would understand..
<< You can't call your folks all the time that you needed funds.. u have to get a job to tidy certain things..
<< I saw a part-time job that requires the applicant to own a car, I applied... During the interview I was asked again if I got a car because it warrant starting work @ 6am.. no lateness...I said yes with a smile.. I was offered the job to resume in four days time..Chaiii!!!!
If I rely on Bus, I will be resuming 45mins late every morning duties I will be doing..

<< I went online where second and third handed cars were sold by the owners themselves...not car dealers..
<< With limited resources as a student, I bought it... A Holden Hatchback, two doors..
I hated it because it was "girly"..If someone wants to get to the back seat, u have to come out and press your front seat grin grin
<< Again, The previous owner got a cat, I discovered that after buying, hmmm it took me more than 4months to remove the deep-rooted furs from the seats..
<< U see, it was just a means to get from point A to B...I only appreciated it when it rains.
<< My second car purchase was more like what u were describing how smiley

Thanks for your input, well detailed.
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by KilimanjaroKING: 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
ahnie:

This riffraff that’s still be housed n fed by his aged parents,person never fit afford Canadian loud to smoke na car he go com fit buy?

People wey dem dey pray for never better,na the one wey full community dey naked swear for naim go come better?

πŸ˜‚ VAWULENCE
madame ahnie, be calming down na
wetin dis bros really do you??
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
ahnie:

Wrong moniker I guess right?
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2023
Getting my first car was an unforgettable moment in my life. It was a feeling of immense pride, achievement, and independence.

Growing up, I never thought I would be able to afford a car, especially as a young academic in a developing country. However, with hard work, dedication, and the support of my family, I was able to save enough money to purchase a modest car which was the Ford Focus.

When I finally got behind the wheel of my own car, I felt a sense of liberation and freedom. No longer did I have to rely on public transportation or the kindness of others to get around. I could go wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted, without any restrictions.

More than anything else, getting my first car was a symbol of the progress I had made in my personal and professional life. It was a tangible reminder of the fruits of my labor and the many sacrifices that had brought me to that point.

5 Likes

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 1:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
DrAbdulSuleman:
Getting my first car was an unforgettable moment in my life. It was a feeling of immense pride, achievement, and independence.

Growing up, I never thought I would be able to afford a car, especially as a young academic in a developing country. However, with hard work, dedication, and the support of my family, I was able to save enough money to purchase a modest car which was the Ford Focus.

When I finally got behind the wheel of my own car, I felt a sense of liberation and freedom. No longer did I have to rely on public transportation or the kindness of others to get around. I could go wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted, without any restrictions.

More than anything else, getting my first car was a symbol of the progress I had made in my personal and professional life. It was a tangible reminder of the fruits of my labor and the many sacrifices that had brought me to that point.

Wow,that's a good one.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by obinna58(m): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2023
Nothing special, just my farm truck
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by somehow: 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2023
No special feeling.
Not the type that attach too much to things money can buy.

Changed it 3 months later.
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Ishilove: 9:49pm On Feb 18, 2023
A Pontiac Bonneville. Gazzuzz warned me not to register it but rather resell it as the Toks it is, but as per new car owner levels, I no hear. The euphoria cannot be adequately explained with words. smiley

I used it for roughly 4 months before it started showing me shege. The spare parts are not in the Nigerian market and even when I imported the ignition sensor from the US, it still didn't work.

Las las na butcher in Owode end hin career πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜’

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by pussygotlips: 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2023
I still feel they ain't mine cuz i inherit them
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Nazgul: 11:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
slan87:
As we all know there is always a first time for everything in life. To everyone who own a car, what was the feeling like when you bought your first car?
Mad o!

You'll always want to drive out even though you don't have any specific destination in mind, and when driving you'll make sure you drive through all the familar routes in your neighborhood so that people can see that your life has upgraded. 😁

slan87:
Were you able to sleep over the night?
Why not...I slept like a baby

slan87:
How did you celebrated it?
Celebrate a model that's over 10 years old... what kind of archaic mentality is that? 😩😩

slan87:
What brand of car?
Toyota

slan87:
How did you cope in terms of maintenance?
Nothing stressful... I Just refuel it and change oil when necessary.

slan87:
Did you regret buying the car or it was a good move?
Obviously was a good move...I have no regrets whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by ednut1(m): 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sleep over night as how. Na poverty mindset dey make Nigerians see car as special something . Why should anyone even celebrate buying a car tho. Bought my first car in 2016 felt nothing 🀣🀣. Car turned out to be accidented, fuse box had issues, fixed it with 30k or so. After that car was ok. Doing it job of taking me to work and back at night
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by slan87(m): 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
Nazgul:

Mad o!

You'll always want to drive out even though you don't have any specific destination in mind, and when driving you'll make sure you drive through all the familar routes in your neighborhood so that people can see that your life has upgraded. 😁

Why not...I slept like a baby

Celebrate a model that's over 10 years old... what kind of archaic mentality is that? 😩😩

Toyota

Nothing stressful... I Just refuel it and change oil when necessary.

Obviously was a good move...I have no regrets whatsoever.

Big thanks brother, your comments are topnotch
Re: What Was The Feeling Like When You Got Your First Car? Pls Share Your Experience by Ishilove: 12:22am On Feb 19, 2023
pussygotlips:

What a username...

(1) (Reply)

. / Why Do I Keep Seeing Him In My Dreams? / Have You Received You NEPA Bill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.