Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board (21710 Views)

Wow! this new Glo data plan will amaze you / New Glo Data Plans For Smartphones / 12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by COMPAQ(m): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, no doubt, I've discoverd that all the networks are fast dependent on where you are. In Rumuibekwe in PH, you can barely connect to Glo's signal for more that 2-5minutes before it breaks or changes itself to Egde and then GPRS. Guess where I am is on the fringes of their signal coverage. MTN on the other hand is full bar and I can stay connected for hours on end and play you tube and yahoo movie trailers for hours on end with little or no buffering.

On the other hand, i was in Thomas estate on two seperate occassions and found that Glo there was blazing fast, even faster than my MTN. I was averaging speeds of 1.2 to 1.8Mpbs, while my MTN in Ph averages about 800kbps (still fast enough for my needs) and bumps up beyong 1Mpbs on occassion.

So it's all dependent on who has agood signal where you are.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by ziccoit: 11:42am On Sep 13, 2011
Glo is the best for now. Imagine calling glo to glo ranging between 0.0-12NAIRA/MIN with glo flexi on glo infinito. This means
1. A FAF number for 1.2naira/min
2. Glo to glo for 0-12 naira/min
3 Other net for 15/min
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by GARCON1: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
u are an idiot
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by sholasahyd(m): 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2011
i just hope mtn bring down their tariff too, the competition is now getting interesting!!!
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by DeepSoul(f): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2011

This is so evidently fraud. Anybody can just come to Nairaland and tell u to text rubbish to one rubbish number, and una go follow.

Smh
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by COMPAQ(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
Deep Soul:

This is so evidently fraud. Anybody can just come to Nairaland and tell u to text rubbish to one rubbish number, and una go follow.

Smh

Its already on their website dearie!!! Perhaps you should investigate abit better before you open your mouth anyhow.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by COMPAQ(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2011
Hmmmm, I wonder is there a BB app that allows you to tether your bb to a laptop. This may be a means for me to reduce my internet bill. Mtn 9am to 9pm at N6k for 3Gb doesnt make as much sense as 24hr "unlimited" for N1.4k

Can anyone help out on how to do that?
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by ochukoccna: 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2011
COMPAQ:

Its already on their website dearie!!! Perhaps you should investigate abit better before you open your mouth anyhow.
Ouch! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
That hurts.   grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by DoubleN(m): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2011
The Plan only offers you the use of 1(one) dedicated email account. undecided. That's the catch.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by okooyinbo(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2011
COMPAQ:

Hmmmm, I wonder is there a BB app that allows you to tether your bb to a laptop. This may be a means for me to reduce my internet bill. Mtn 9am to 9pm at N6k for 3Gb doesnt make as much sense as 24hr "unlimited" for N1.4k

Can anyone help out on how to do that?

Hello,

Fixmo could do that for you, even wirelessly. Get more details here http://www.fixmo.com/products/fixmo-extend/

You can as well log into Appworld and search for tethering.

Hope I was able to help
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2011
@deucelaw and sage_, fair usage means that they given you a certain limit they expect that you shouldn't exceed beyond within the time frame, but if you do, they wouldn't cut you off rather, they will start charging you normal data rates for the remaining time left of your subscription.
Note, all gsm operators in nigeria do this whenever they claim they are giving you an unlimited data cap.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by dandollar1: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2011
Please how do I activate bis on a new glo sim?
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by christuz(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
Don't knw what all these guys are saying about GLO being crap. Where i am Warri, GLO 3G even thinks for me, before i click the button it has already responded. Glo is the best network around and i will try this their new package for my blackberry
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by frgy1: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2011
henryskywalker2003:

@deucelaw and sage_, fair usage means that they given you a certain limit they expect that you shouldn't exceed beyond within the time frame, but if you do, they wouldn't cut you off rather, they will start charging you normal data rates for the remaining time left of your subscription.
Note, all gsm operators in nigeria do this whenever they claim they are giving you an unlimited data cap.
The bolded is wrong. I know people who average 20gig/month on MTN 3.5g. I personally average 7gig/month on my Etisalat EDGE. Both the regular 3000 naira
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by Okijajuju1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2011
GLO!! I laff in Nokia,

This network actually reminded me of why I do not trust Nigerian companies for anything. When I got back into the country last christmas, I was feeling all patriotic and decided to shelve my MTN line for GLO on my BB, Worst decision ever!! I kept having intermitent service, their download speed on bb was very slow, I never could watch Youtube videos, nor could i use yahoo messenger on my phone. BB app world was non-functional, Yet I stuck with them. At some point, I lost EDGE signal on my phone for 3 days, I still stood by them until 2 months ago, I didnt get any EDGE signal for 6 days on my bb. At some point I thought my phone was bad. I called customer service and all they kept saying was "I'm sorry, our systems are being overhauled, service would be restored soon", I was still willing to put up with them, but then when I asked if they would extend my service by the number of days that I havent had any signal, non of them gave me an answer.

I simply switched my sim back to MTN, and I can count the number of hours I have been without 3G service on MTN, fu[k GLO,
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by cinzo: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2011
Glo was good but of recent they have been having issues. So I moved over to airtel and I've had peace since then!
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by Sike(m): 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2011
sholasahyd:

i just hope mtn bring down their tariff too, the competition is now getting interesting!!!
You can say that again!!!
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by dandollar1: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
Please how do I activate my sim for glo internet? cry
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by luluosas(m): 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2011
dan_dollar:

Please how do I activate my sim for glo internet? cry
You need glo internet settings. Text gloflat [/b]or [b]glosecure or glogwap to 1234. You will receive internet settings. Save and activate, there you go.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by luluosas(m): 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
ziccoit:

Glo is the best for now. Imagine calling glo to glo ranging between 0.0-12NAIRA/MIN with glo flexi on glo infinito. This means
1. A FAF number for 1.2naira/min
2. Glo to glo for 0-12 naira/min
3 Other net for 15/min
FAF number on glo flexi is 1k/s (60k/min)
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by luluosas(m): 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2011
Samunosuke:

I'm so getting a blackberry to complement my n8.Glo rules.Simples.

Ps. Hope they update their Always packages and include more data allowance.Imagine if they introduce #1000 Always micro with 500mb and/or #3000 Always macro with 3gb. I believe that we are seeing the benefits of the glo-1 cable here.
Everyone repeat after me,Competition favours customers.

That is my take with glo, now that, the Blackberry users can sigh a relief. It should be extended across all data packages. The impact must benefit every glo subscriber.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by honsule(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2011
Hi guyz,pls let keep strictly to d title of this thread:any other off topic i won't hesitate to delete.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by rocean: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2011
thanks this is cool
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by estatemark(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
we need response from other network pls. let the game begin!!
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by JAZES(m): 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2011
Good one coming from GLO jare
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by java002: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
I guys, i'm not on glo but the offer looks pretty enticing but i'll like to know if any of you have tried tethering your BB to your pc or laptop and browsing with your BB data plan and if so, does glo charge you separately or allows you to use your BB data plan i.e you are charge against your data BB data plan.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by buzcenter: 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2011
yummy
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by adeibi: 10:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
Naija is so backward, we still dey use blackberry?
u can not see a blackberry in a phone shop here not even a torch when everyone is anxiously waiting for an iphone5
, and to think my friend is dying to have one cos it is the 'best' smart phone to use in naija.
naija na dumping ground for blackberry (ex) users worldwide
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by WebSurfer(m): 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2011
adeibi:

Naija is so backward, we still dey use blackberry?
u can not see a blackberry in a phone shop here not even a torch when everyone is anxiously waiting for an iphone5
, and to think my friend is dying to have one cos it is the 'best' smart phone to use in naija.
naija na dumping ground for blackberry (ex) users worldwide
No be our fault Mr.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by adeibi: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2011
WebSurfer:

No be our fault[b] Mr.[/b]

MISS.
Re: New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board by neyo2k7: 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
the competition is becoming more interesting, expect more

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp On Window Mobile 6.5 / How To Frustrate A Scammer / What Is The Best Phone You've Ever Used?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.