Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

The Starlink Thread - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Starlink Thread (23071 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Starlink Thread by BadMaster: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
Watcharena:
I want to place order for starlink hardware for one of my persons in the village ,I want to know since I need to fill in my NIN will the end user be using my account and address for his subscription monthly?
When you order for Starlink, once shipped, it comes with about 2-weeks of free trial, after which you will be required to pay.

If I were you, I would cancel the service once it is installed and working. Note that cancellation alone doesn't stop the service from working. It will continue to work until it's due. Once it's due, do a Transfer of ownership to the person using it. That's all.

Go through the link below for info on how to transfer ownership of Starlink
https://www.starlinkhardware.com/how-to-buy-sell-and-transfer-a-used-starlink/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Starlink Thread by easyyoke: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2023
BadMaster:

Wrong information. Playstore accepts payment using Verve cards

I see! When last did you use your Nigerian verve naira card to purchase an item on playstore?
Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2023
BadMaster:

When you order for Starlink, once shipped, it comes with about 2-weeks of free trial, after which you will be required to pay.

If I were you, I would cancel the service once it is installed and working. Note that cancellation alone doesn't stop the service from working. It will continue to work until it's due. Once it's due, do a Transfer of ownership to the person using it. That's all.

Go through the link below for info on how to transfer ownership of Starlink
https://www.starlinkhardware.com/how-to-buy-sell-and-transfer-a-used-starlink/
thank you boss,

I have entered all my details to place the order, they're showing me 394,400 as the total amount to be paid as at today for the order I'm about to place , this include charges for shipping,1 month subscription and the hardware.

My question : is that the actual amount I'm to pay since they now charge in naira from our naira card or there are other hidden charges ? Thank you
Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
easyyoke:
For those having problems with their cards… Tried many banks, it did not work. I tried Opay card…Worked immediately. I was even able to pay manually before the stipulated day that my invoice would be due
how far boss,how much were you charged in total for everything?(both the hardware , shipping fee,and the the compulsory initial one month subscription or any other associated cost)

I wan to place my order they're showing me 394,700
Re: The Starlink Thread by BadMaster: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2023
Watcharena:
thank you boss,

I have entered all my details to place the order, they're showing me 394,400 as the total amount to be paid as at today for the order I'm about to place , this include charges for shipping,1 month subscription and the hardware.

My question : is that the actual amount I'm to pay since they now charge in naira from our naira card or there are other hidden charges ? Thank you
This charge is correct, it was implemented in June.
Re: The Starlink Thread by BadMaster: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
easyyoke:

I see! When last did you use your Nigerian verve naira card to purchase an item on playstore?
Last week
Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 1:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
BadMaster:

This charge is correct, it was implemented in June.
Thanks
Re: The Starlink Thread by Leemekzy: 7:08am On Aug 03, 2023
easyyoke:

Yes, you can

Thanks very much
Re: The Starlink Thread by ibawon(m): 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
Watcharena:
how far boss,how much were you charged in total for everything?(both the hardware , shipping fee,and the the compulsory initial one month subscription or any other associated cost)

I wan to place my order they're showing me 394,700
That is the total you will be paying, No more No less.
However that 1 month sub is not up to a month, I think it comes at 15 days or so. Their calculations are quite funny as your sub starts from the day you place your order
Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
ibawon:

That is the total you will be paying, No more No less.
However that 1 month sub is not up to a month, I think it comes at 15 days or so. Their calculations are quite funny as your sub starts from the day you place your order
Ok thanks
Re: The Starlink Thread by Youngpo413: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2023
BadMaster:

Yes, you can. I've been using Opay Verve card on Play store for over 2 months now. Google and Verve made it official last week. The charges in Naira are considerably low compared to the equivalent when it was in dollars
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/612040-google-announces-payment-on-play-store-with-verve.html
mine is not working,I'll try my zenith naira debit card 💳, thanks for the info.
Re: The Starlink Thread by Youngpo413: 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
easyyoke:

No you cant. Opay does not support international transactions. Playstore transactions is actually an international transaction. Starlink payment is a local transaction. Meaning starlink actually has a Nigerian bank account that the money goes to so it is a local transaction.
thanks boss, it's not working.
Re: The Starlink Thread by KINGKONG(m): 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
Please can you list the Naira cards that are working on Starlink platform... I intend placing order for the kits next month and also I want to use the card for recurring subscription, I do not intend to be moving cash around different bank cards to try.....

It would be better for other people to know which card is working perfectly on their platform
Re: The Starlink Thread by Abusule007: 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hello guys, anyone using the starlink ethernet adapter? I bought the ethernet adapter and connected it to my router but it's not working. I've done factory reset of my starlink router but still the adapter won't work. Anyone had similar issues?
Re: The Starlink Thread by Bossman(m): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
If you have followed this steps and it's still not working, you may have a faulty unit.

https://www.starlinkhardware.com/starlink-ethernet-adapter-setup-and-review/

Abusule007:
Hello guys, anyone using the starlink ethernet adapter? I bought the ethernet adapter and connected it to my router but it's not working. I've done factory reset of my starlink router but still the adapter won't work. Anyone had similar issues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Starlink Thread by oluwapoju(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2023
Abusule007:
You need to unplug the router before it can work
Re: The Starlink Thread by Abusule007: 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2023
Bossman:
If you have followed this steps and it's still not working, you may have a faulty unit.

https://www.starlinkhardware.com/starlink-ethernet-adapter-setup-and-review/

Everything was followed to letter, even did factory reset of my router, did the bypass mode also but the ethernet port still won't work
Re: The Starlink Thread by Snart303: 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
Watcharena:
I want to place order for starlink hardware for one of my persons in the village ,I want to know since I need to fill in my NIN will the end user be using my account and address for his subscription monthly?
Yes but he can always update the payment method along side NIN but if he doesn’t, if there’s any security breach or criminal offense by the user you’ll be the one to be held… all I’m saying is you’re the one Starlink knows not the person you ordered for which is why it’s advisable the user orders himself nah 9ja we Dey!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2023
Snart303:

Yes but he can always update the payment method along side NIN but if he doesn’t, if there’s any security breach or criminal offense by the user you’ll be the one to be held… all I’m saying is you’re the one Starlink knows not the person you ordered for which is why it’s advisable the user orders himself nah 9ja we Dey!
ok thanks
Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 8:21am On Sep 09, 2023
Good morning ,

Please how long does it take to get refund from Starlink after cancellation of pre order , because I was meant to understand that their service is at large in my area, after placing an order ,
Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 8:34am On Sep 09, 2023
ibawon:

Best Advice.
good morning boss, please when you cancelled the order did they refund you,if yes how many days did it took for the refund ? Thank you
Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2023
dustmalik:

I can't understand why Starlink keeps shipping used dishes to us. It was the same experience I had with my first order. It looked used and very dusty. And because of the abysmal performance, I believed it was defective, and that was why I had to return it and got refunded.

I had hoped that my new order would come with a brand new dish, but given that they are still shipping used dishes to us, I doubt my new order will come with a brand new dish.

I intend to go get it from their office tomorrow morning, and if I am not satisfied with the looks and performance, I will return it and won't be getting another again.
good morning boss , please how many days did it took them to refund you .after receiving the items
Re: The Starlink Thread by ibawon(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2023
Watcharena:
good morning boss, please when you cancelled the order did they refund you,if yes how many days did it took for the refund ? Thank you
I never cancelled my account but my subscription. So unfortunately I know nothing regarding a refund based on that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Starlink Thread by dustmalik: 11:15am On Sep 09, 2023
Watcharena:
good morning boss , please how many days did it took them to refund you .after receiving the items
Good morning sir, Starlink processes refunds instantly as regards pre-order. As in, Starlink processes your refund instantly after you initiate cancellation. However, your financial institution may take a few days to refund you. Some financial institution only take one business day to refund. Some take longer.
Re: The Starlink Thread by Watcharena: 11:19am On Sep 09, 2023
dustmalik:

Good morning sir, Starlink processes refunds instantly as regards pre-order. As in, Starlink processes your refund instantly after you initiate cancellation. However, your financial institution may take a few days to refund you. Some financial institution only take one business day to refund. Some take longer.
thank you I saw it on my gtbank ledger balance but Is not reflecting on the main account balance may be the delay is from my bank
Re: The Starlink Thread by dustmalik: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2023
Watcharena:
thank you I saw it on my gtbank ledger balance but Is not reflecting on the main account balance may be the delay is from my bank
It may reflect in your main balance by end of today

2 Likes

Re: The Starlink Thread by Demigodhalfgod: 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
ask4bk:

I've used everything. None is working for me too.
What's wrong with starlink

Please is you have a card thats works can i send you my account login details so you can try for me i will send the money pls, i don try plenty cards
Re: The Starlink Thread by gogeekish(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2023
How do we fix this 5Ghz issue?
Re: The Starlink Thread by BadMaster: 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2023
Demigodhalfgod:

Please is you have a card thats works can i send you my account login details so you can try for me i will send the money pls, i don try plenty cards
Get yourself Opay Virtual Verve card. That's what I have been using since June, and it works perfectly. Starlink debits my account once it's due every month, without failure.
Re: The Starlink Thread by Fi2O: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2023
Good evening, all.

I just paid for Starlink but on checking my account, it's showing me "Balance due" and a button to "Make a payment."

Please does anyone know what is going on, because the money has left my account for sure.
Re: The Starlink Thread by aieromon(m): 12:16am On Oct 05, 2023
Starlink, the satellite internet service owned by Elon Musk’s Space X, is slashing its price in Nigeria and expanding its distribution channels to acquire more users. The company is offering a 20% discount on its kit from ₦378,000 ($378) to ₦299,000 ($299). It has also partnered with Jumia, Nigeria’s most popular e-commerce platform.

https://techcabal.com/2023/10/03/starlink-is-offering-users-in-nigeria-a-20-discount-as-it-looks-to-expand-reach/

Re: The Starlink Thread by Fi2O: 7:53am On Oct 05, 2023
Fi2O:
Good evening, all.

I just paid for Starlink but on checking my account, it's showing me "Balance due" and a button to "Make a payment."

Please does anyone know what is going on, because the money has left my account for sure.

Please can someone help? I'm very confused here because I can also see "Preparing Shipment" in the status.

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Glo Introduces 4x recharge bonus for subscribers / MTN To End Blackberry Services In Nigeria On January 27 / Best Collection Of Nokia Themes, Games & Applications Download Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.