Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage (4511 Views)

What You Must Learn From Popular Youtuber, Summer Aku's Failed Marriage / Diary Of A Failed Marriage- My Home Is Broken / Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2023
I met her in church. She seem decent, godly and respectful. She seem like one who wants to serve God (Which attracted me) but, hindered by survival. So, I tried to help and guide her to better life like a youth pastor would do but, she fell in love. Love beclouded her that she didn't even consider the solutions I was bringing for her and after much hell from her people, we got married. Marriage was a huge mess as she was never available whether emotionally, spirituly or even physically. She was so lost in her job that nothing else mattered in the whole of life. Even though I don't earn much, I could meet our needs alone. She seem agreeable and contented while we courted but, immediately we got married, she became someone else. she now wants the world, especially things we do not need. Although, I saw certain red flags while we courted like terrible lies, disrespect for elders, spendthrift, undue quietness, too busy and so on. But as marriage came in, she became a big mess with lots of concentrated and baseless lies, uncultured or unethical hardworking and hard life, infidelity, stealing from work, disregard for the things of God, disregard for time, no time for self, husband or even children. It was so bad I had to be carrying 2 months old baby about as she dumped her on me the moment her maternity leave was over. I forgot to mention that she works a shift job and she does night like 3 or 4 times a week. She works on Sundays to, so she hardly comes to church. It was so bad I have to carry baby to her at work for breastfeeding. I did everything possible to get her another job or business but she frustrated it. She later became very toxic and harmful and she has the backing of her people who I believe wants to ruin her and she does not know or maybe she does not care.
In the midst of all these trouble, I was still loving her like the only woman in the world, while she treats me like shit, locks me outside, wont cook or clean the house, became very disrespectful and insubordinate.
If you think I didn't try please let me know. I tried to calm her and seek an amicable way to resolve things but she kept pushing me away till I no longer feel safe with her. It became scary eating her food or sleeping in this same room as I learnt an adulterous woman will either kill her husband or herself. And since she's enjoying her infidelity, she might kill me, so i excused myself for some days hoping when i return she would feel some remorse and we would resolve things but I was wrong. She wanted me out of the house and her life the night I returned. In the process of the short fracas, she started rough handling me and I hard to spank her to calm the situation but to my surprise, she ran inside the room, I thought she was going to throw my things out or pick something to injure me but she came out with an obvious wound on her forehead, claiming I tried stab her and before you know it, I was in the police cell headed for prison. Luckily for me, God reveals all that she did or was planning. So, I got revelations from men of God of how she wants to send me to prison with the help of her people.
My concern now is, how do I help the children out of her grip and how do I help someone who is in love with her demons delivered. I don't encourage divorce. As a matter of fact I'm a happy-marriage crusader. And haven been separate for 3 years now, I can't see any remorse or repentance in her.
Children are still young, 6 years old boy, 4 years old boy and 3 years old girl. None of her family as showed any concern and she has so much despised my own family and the church. I recently found out she has strong narcissistic traits. My possible flaws or error as no man is perfect; my income is small but can cater for us; I may be too God minded for her liking; I so much want us to progress together and she wants to walk alone; I send not sufficient upkeep for children based on my current financial status; I want to raise a godly family but she wants us to be an anyhow family; while trying to love her more, she's continually wicked to me. During festive period one year, I wanted to surprise her with a car and was putting the car in order while my wife was busy preparing to send me to prison. I'm a dropout, she has a masters; I'm a moralist but, she wants to be with dreads, sagging and maybe smokers. But if you meet her, she be like Jesus' younger sister.
What do you advice I do friends ?
I'm sorry it's long experience of about 7 years. Too much to write

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by incandescentena: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2023
In what country?

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by dawnomike(m): 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sheandi:
I met her in church. She seem decent, godly and respectful. She seem like one who wants to serve God (Which attracted me) but, hindered by survival. So, I tried to help and guide her to better life like a youth pastor would do but, she fell in love. Love beclouded her that she didn't even consider the solutions I was bringing for her and after much hell from her people, we got married. Marriage was a huge mess as she was never available whether emotionally, spirituly or even physically. She was so lost in her job that nothing else mattered in the whole of life. Even though I don't earn much, I could meet our needs alone. She seem agreeable and contented while we courted but, immediately we got married, she became someone else. she now wants the world, especially things we do not need. Although, I saw certain red flags while we courted like terrible lies, disrespect for elders, spendthrift, undue quietness, too busy and so on. But as marriage came in, she became a big mess with lots of concentrated and baseless lies, uncultured or unethical hardworking and hard life, infidelity, stealing from work, disregard for the things of God, disregard for time, no time for self, husband or even children. It was so bad I had to be carrying 2 months old baby about as she dumped her on me the moment her maternity leave was over. I forgot to mention that she works a shift job and she does night like 3 or 4 times a week. She works on Sundays to, so she hardly comes to church. It was so bad I have to carry baby to her at work for breastfeeding. I did everything possible to get her another job or business but she frustrated it. She later became very toxic and harmful and she has the backing of her people who I believe wants to ruin her and she does not know or maybe she does not care.
In the midst of all these trouble, I was still loving her like the only woman in the world, while she treats me like shit, locks me outside, wont cook or clean the house, became very disrespectful and insubordinate.
If you think I didn't try please let me know. I tried to calm her and seek an amicable way to resolve things but she kept pushing me away till I no longer feel safe with her. It became scary eating her food or sleeping in this same room as I learnt an adulterous woman will either kill her husband or herself. And since she's enjoying her infidelity, she might kill me, so i excused myself for some days hoping when i return she would feel some remorse and we would resolve things but I was wrong. She wanted me out of the house and her life the night I returned. In the process of the short fracas, she started rough handling me and I hard to spank her to calm the situation but to my surprise, she ran inside the room, I thought she was going to throw my things out or pick something to injure me but she came out with an obvious wound on her forehead, claiming I tried stab her and before you know it, I was in the police cell headed for prison. Luckily for me, God reveals all that she did or was planning. So, I got revelations from men of God of how she wants to send me to prison with the help of her people.
My concern now is, how do I help the children out of her grip and how do I help someone who is in love with her demons delivered. I don't encourage divorce. As a matter of fact I'm a happy-marriage crusader. And haven been separate for 3 years now, I can't see any remorse or repentance in her.
Children are still young, 7years old boy, 4 years old boy and 3 years old girl. None of her family as showed any concern and she has so much despised my own family and the church. I recently found out she has strong narcissistic traits. My possible flaws or error as no man is perfect; my income is small but can cater for us; I may be too God minded for her liking; I so much want us to progress together and she wants to walk alone; I send not sufficient upkeep for children based on my current financial status; I want to raise a godly family but she wants us to be an anyhow family; I'm a dropout, she has a masters; I'm a moralist but, she wants to be with dreads, sagging and maybe smokers. But if you meet her, she be like Jesus' younger sister.
What do you advice I do friends ?
I'm sorry it's long experience of about 8 years. Too much to write
You have lost her so let her be please... Based on your story, she was never meant to be in the first place.

Please, taje this time to focus on regrowing yourself and become more financially buoyant. Just leave her pls

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by BigCowHornn: 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2023
Accept you have made a mistake and move on before nonsense claims your life

12 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Ablemed: 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2023
Marriage isn't an institution you just rush into without much analysis and prayers. besides you sound very Gentle and calm and such men like us suffer untoldly in the hands of people who just want to ride us and make a fool of us, The very depressing thing is, it's hard to change who we are. Felt living in a Ghetto area like Ikorodu will change me but after these years, I'm still humane, pitiful, understanding and very considerate. reason why someone like me wants to stay away from anything human or it's likes. Since suicide is sin, I just gotta locate somewhere that detach me far from humanity till death comes knocking and I know it'll be faster cuz I'd soon be living with dangerous animals and reptiles.

Making plans aiidy and I pray I'm successful

5 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Ishilove: 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2023
Oga, you saw the red flags and still chook head. You even said "her family gave you hell, which is why you married her". Were you coerced? I have no doubt that she has her own terrible faults, but reading between the lines, you also get your own for body plenty

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by GloriousGbola: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
Ishilove:
Oga, you saw the red flags and still chook head. You even said "her family gave you hell, which is why you married her". Were you coerced? I have no doubt that she has her own terrible faults, but reading between the lines, you also get your own for body plenty

The pxssy was the bomb had a nigga on strung
Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2023
Oduduwa Republic o
Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Ishilove: 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Theirs was a SU courtship. No fornication and unnecessary touchery

5 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2023
Don't give up brother. Do not be weary in well doing. You will be happy again. Give God a chance or continue to hold on to God. Don't die o. We need you here
Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2023
Ishilove:

She was desperate to get out of the family. She threatened suicide if I leave her. I could not reason her die because I don't want to tolerate the red flags which I thought I could still endure

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

She won't even give me pussy o. As she was never available and when she's, she's not willing or always tired. But I later found out somebody was doing great at work while I watch a sleeping and tired wife on the bed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2023
Ishilove:

Theirs was a SU courtship. No fornication and unnecessary touchery

You gerrit. Very moral and spiritual courtship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Latty88(f): 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2023
The issue here is that it’s only you that want marriage, your wife only fulfilled her wish of having kids and living her career life alone.

Either you keep praying for her to repent or you move on quickly.

5 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2023
Ishilove:

Yes, I was feeling like a hero abi saviour. Even though I was warned. I mentioned a few faults of mine already, nobody is perfect
Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2023
ValCon888:
You're a pathological liar. I would like to hear her side of the story.

Yes. She told me nobody will believe me. And a police who saw her statement said if I saw her statement, I would commit suicide.
Well, you will hear her side when she sees this post and writes in defence or if we eventually go public.
Thanks all the same for your view

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Sheandi: 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2023
Latty88:
The issue here is that it’s only you that want marriage, your wife only fulfilled her wish of having kids and living her career life alone.

Either you keep praying for her to repent or you move on quickly.

Very correct. Even though she switched positions to claim I only used her. The career sef dey suffer. How can one be on a spot for almost 10 years and not feel something is wrong with you? And the children sef, she no get time for them. Even now, they are with a stranger but I don't want to cause trouble for now

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by obinna58(m): 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2023
If you cannot afford to show her the exist door you’re not man enough

Dealing with women, never be the one asking for peace, give it to her as she wants but only be considerate

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Foodqueen(f): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
Where una for de see all these kain women marry sef

The decent ones are out there still searching..

7 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2023
Most people I have met that say despicable things about their marriage failure are always pointing out their partner's shortcomings. They play the victim. Pride usually causes this. It takes 2 mature people to find balance as regards their longterm expectations. Your values, are they identical?
You used the word 'seem' a number of times, it becomes obvious you never knew well who you were getting married to (were you guys just shagging?..coz that on it's own could be a blind fold to red flags). I fail to see other things you did wrong. Could still be your fault she went for other distractions. It takes a child of God to own up to their shortcomings, two wrongs dont make a right.
Swallow your pride, there is room for reamendments. For all I know, you may not have caught her in the very act. Find peace within yourself. Stop the mudslinging. The children...please!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by sisisioge: 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2023
Hmmmmm....you sounded like the controlling lack of ambition type. That is why I dey always fear overzealous rightoues churchy people. Too much holes in your story.

Anyways, regardless of who was at fault, it's been 3 years now which is time enough for you to move on. She wont be coming back. As for the kids, you cant entirely take them from her,the best you can do is sue for equal parental rights. It is well. When a man marries a woman thinking he could subservient her in the ways of the old preached by the bible, he always gets shocked out if his sockets! Time has changed. If you want good, emit good. No right thinking woman will saddle herself with an irrational man and bear the ills associated with it when she can help herself. Good luck.

8 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by newcommer: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2023
sisisioge:
Hmmmmm....you sounded like the controlling lack of ambition type. That is why I dey always fear overzealous rightoues churchy people. Too much holes in your story.

Anyways, regardless of who was at fact, it's been 3 years now which is time enough for you to move on. She wont be coming back. As for the kids, you cant entirely take them from her,the best you can do is sue for equal parental rights. It is well. When a man marries a woman thinking he could subservient her in the ways of the old preached by the bible, he always gets shocked out if his sockets! Time has changed. If you want good, emit good. No right thinking woman will saddle herself with an irrational man and bear the ills associated with it when she can help herself. Good luck.

You get it.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Starz825(m): 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2023
incandescentena:
In what country?
I dey tell you.....it doesn't sound Nigerian to me.....

If Nigerian then should be plateau and the likes
Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by nicerod(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
When you are ready let us know

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by LadySarah: 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2023
Let's hear her side.

The no of threads of men crying about their exes,wives,babymamas and girlfriends is becoming too much.

What is happening?

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by techWriter3: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2023
Yougonna a pathological perjurer

Ah, Check my profile if you need help with your thesis, personal statement, statement of purpose, dissertation, or assignment.
Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Asetime: 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2023
How are you so sure she's cheating, have you seen her with someone or you just believe so? Moreover, you saw she was a person that loved her own company so much before marriage. So how would that have changed after marriage. You also concluded that her people are with her concerning her decision. Please what statement have they uttered that warranted such conclusions? No African family truly wants their relative to have a broken home. Are you saying no one of her relatives ever contacted you?

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2023
You too talk, abeg. Who fit summarize? These days, to read wetin no concern me dey tire me. Not to even talk of rendering my golden advice. My advice is very expensive to let out like that. Last last, you know what to do.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by faceLAGOS: 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
Please, face your marriage wahala alone.

Keep rushing women for marriage because of toto.

Simp!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2023
It is your choice to make.
Re: What Should I Do Please? Failed Marriage by Leoniine(f): 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sheandi:
Don't give up brother. Do not be weary in well doing. You will be happy again. Give God a chance or continue to hold on to God. Don't die o. We need you here

So you're commenting on your own post and advising yourself??

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Getting Married / If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! / See Bride Carrying The Groom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.