Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? (579 Views)

Wike’s Gamble On Rivers APC's Ministerial Slot - Thisday / Amuda Adeleke Sues PDP, Atiku, Saraki, Obi For ‘Unauthorised Use Of Photos' / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2023
You've obviously heard this a lot if you are on social media. More recently Seun Kuti was surging on about how Peter Obi is the same as the other contestants.
But is Peter Obi really the same as other contestants? Answering these questions will help.

- Which of the 3 of Peter Obi, Atiku and Tinubu have satisfactorily explained the source of their wealth? - Obi

- Which of them made money from government? - Tinubu and Atiku

- Which of them have corruption cases hanging over their heads? - Tinubu and Atiku

- Which if them have shown prudence to manage public funds? - Obi

- Which of them built hospitals and improved the health sector when in government? - Obi

The Answer is clear. Obi is different.

4 Likes

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by dat9jaguy(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2023
The 4 main contenders are all the same. The difference is that one has shown that, if anything, he has the capacity and competence to perform judging from previous positions held.

Modified :
Kwankwaso built numerous hospitals and schools in kano.
Tinubu also built hospitals and schools during his time. So Obi did nothing special here even Ikpeazu and Ortom are building hospitals and schools but do you consider them good governors
Obi hid state money in his own bank to generate interest which he pocketed while returning the principal amount and you are hailing him .

2 Likes

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Bahun(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sure
Joevics:
You've obviously heard this a lot if you are on social media. More recently Seun Kuti was surging on about how Peter Obi is the same as the other contestants.
But is Peter Obi really the same as other contestants? Answering these questions will help.

- Which of the 3 of Peter Obi, Atiku and Tinubu have satisfactorily explained the source of their wealth? - Obi

- Which of them have corruption cases hanging over their heads? - Tinubu and Atiku

- Which of them built hospitals and improved the health sector when in government? - Obi

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2023
dat9jaguy:
The 4 main contenders are all the same. The difference is that one has shown that, if anything, he has the capacity and competence to perform judging from previous positions held.

Modified :
Tinubu also built hospitals and schools during his time. So Obi did nothing special here even Ikpeazu and Ortom are building hospitals and schools but do you consider them good governors
Obi hid state money in his own bank to generate interest which he pocketed while returning the principal amount and you are hailing him .
Kwakwanso isn't in the race unfortunately.

I challenge you to mention the name of the hospital Tinubu built.

I would respond to the rest of your gibberish when you name the hospital Tinubu built. bTW, Obi Built Dr Joe Nwiloh Heart Centre, Anambra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Ttalk: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

I would respond to the rest of your gibberish when you name the hospital Tinubu built. bTW, Obi Built Dr Joe Nwiloh Heart Centre, Anambra.

Prior to his (ASIWAJU) assumption into the office of governor in Lagos State in 1999, he constituted a “Transition Working Group” to look into the health situation in the state. Some of those which constitute a model list of achievements in ASIWAJU’s dispensation in first quater include:

1) Control of HIV / AIDS primarily via the Lagos State AIDS Control Agency (LSACA)

2) Roll Back Maleria Programme – Free Maleria treatment, distribution of ITNs etc.

3) National Programme on Immunization

4) School health Programme

5) Control of Tuberculosis DOTS regimen.

6) Hospital based 24 hours free emergency services (LASEMS)

7) Pre hospital ambulance service accessed from the 123 emergency hot lines (LASAMBUS)

cool Marine Rescue Unit.

9) Drug Quality Control Laboratory

10) Task Force on Counterfeit, Fake drugs and Unwholesome Processed Foods.

11) Private Hospital Registration Authority

12) Free Health Programme

13) Blindness prevention Programme

14) State Environmental health monitoring Unit

15) Rural health ambulance boat Service.

16) Drug Manufacturing Unit

17) Continuing Medical Examination Programme.

18) Completion of the abandoned hospital projects at Akodo and Igando

19) The Eye Clinic, LASUTH

20) Rehabilitation of two blocks at the Lagos Island Maternity Hospital. Tinubu converted the Ikeja general hospital into LASUTH (Lagos State University Teaching Hospital) and it became a standard for other hospitals across the country, he also built additional 49 primary healthcare centers across the state and refurbished 9 of them. He upgraded 5 hospitals in different local governments into general hospitals and equipping them. Healthcare access was free for children below 16 and adults above 60 and free surgical sessions for many children. Tinubu also made it easier for private sector investments in healthcare and that translated to having more private hospitals in Lagos to meet the rising populations.

3 Likes

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by dat9jaguy(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

Google is your friend or you think I am campaigning for anyone. I have my choice for my own reasons. But I will oblige you with just two. Take note of the dates.

Modified :
The guy up there has answered your question.
Now compare with your own packaged fraud.

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2023
dat9jaguy:

Google is your friend or you think I am campaigning for anyone. I have my choice for my own reasons. But I will oblige you with just two. Take note of the dates.

The guy up there has answered your question.
I said built oga. Not rehabilitated. Are you telling me that Tinubu didn't start and complete a hospital in 8 years?

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2023
Ttalk:

Prior to his (ASIWAJU) assumption into the office of governor in Lagos State in 1999, he constituted a “Transition Working Group” to look into the health situation in the state. Some of those which constitute a model list of achievements in ASIWAJU’s dispensation in first quater include:

1) Control of HIV / AIDS primarily via the Lagos State AIDS Control Agency (LSACA)

2) Roll Back Maleria Programme – Free Maleria treatment, distribution of ITNs etc.

3) National Programme on Immunization

4) School health Programme

5) Control of Tuberculosis DOTS regimen.

6) Hospital based 24 hours free emergency services (LASEMS)

7) Pre hospital ambulance service accessed from the 123 emergency hot lines (LASAMBUS)

cool Marine Rescue Unit.

9) Drug Quality Control Laboratory

10) Task Force on Counterfeit, Fake drugs and Unwholesome Processed Foods.

11) Private Hospital Registration Authority

12) Free Health Programme

13) Blindness prevention Programme

14) State Environmental health monitoring Unit

15) Rural health ambulance boat Service.

16) Drug Manufacturing Unit

17) Continuing Medical Examination Programme.

18) Completion of the abandoned hospital projects at Akodo and Igando

19) The Eye Clinic, LASUTH

20) Rehabilitation of two blocks at the Lagos Island Maternity Hospital. Tinubu converted the Ikeja general hospital into LASUTH (Lagos State University Teaching Hospital) and it became a standard for other hospitals across the country, he also built additional 49 primary healthcare centers across the state and refurbished 9 of them. He upgraded 5 hospitals in different local governments into general hospitals and equipping them. Healthcare access was free for children below 16 and adults above 60 and free surgical sessions for many children. Tinubu also made it easier for private sector investments in healthcare and that translated to having more private hospitals in Lagos to meet the rising populations.
You still haven't shown me where he built a hospital. All these are just programs that didn't have any effect as healthcare in Lagos is still mostly private sector driven.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Nice2023(m): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

Let them mentioned one bridge he built in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by dat9jaguy(m): 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

I said built oga. Not rehabilitated. Are you telling me that Tinubu didn't start and complete a hospital in 8 years?

What sense is there in neglecting already built infrastructure and building new ones when it makes more sense in rehabilitating and upgrading infrastructures already on ground. It someone like you that will say Nigeria has no maintenance culture. I don't think you should be displaying such low level of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Ttalk: 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

You still haven't shown me where he built a hospital. All these are just programs that didn't have any effect as healthcare in Lagos is still mostly private sector driven.

I don't have time for trolling, read the number 20 and get informed, if you don't believe, then it's your choice, election is just 7days, go out there and make your choice and let the majority have their way

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

Obi did not satisfactorily explain the source of his wealth. Or better still, tell us how Obi became wealthy? How did he go from a common trader and son of a trader to a billionaire?

Obi was prudent? How? Do you need Keynesian economics? You don't save money when you haven't met the basic needs of your state. That is not prudence. That is incompetence. You save money because you can't think of what to use it for. And it is not prudence when you leave over 120 billion naira in debts and liabilities.

So, building hospitals in the 21st century is an achievement? Tinubu improved existing hospitals and reduced the health burden of Lagos state.

Your Obi cannot thrive in the 21st century. We need a proactive and great thinker in the person of Tinubu who can spot problems and solve them.

Imagine Lagos state under Obi. It would still be dependent on Federal allocation because Peter Obi would rather save money than look for sources of money so as to embark on modern infrastructures.
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by copyrites: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2023
dat9jaguy:

Modified :

Tinubu did not build tertiary hospitals or tertiary schools or colleges. Stop the lies and eat your corn in peace.

How secured was Lagos during Tinubu's tenure compared to Obi? How did Lagos schools ranked in WAEC, NECO, and JAMB compared to Anambra during Obi's tenure.

You criminals cannot continue to overrate the failure and worst governor of Lagos state in your head. It wouldn't change FACTs and STATISTICS.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2023
dat9jaguy:

What sense is there in neglecting already built infrastructure and building new ones when it makes more sense in rehabilitating and upgrading infrastructures already on ground. It someone like you that will say Nigeria has no maintenance culture. I don't think you should be displaying such low level of thinking.
Go back and read the post. Nigeria doesn't have enough hospitals. We don't need a president that will spend 8 years rehabilitating hospitals, despite increase taxes by over 300%>
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Ttalk: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2023
copyrites:

Tinubu did not build tertiary hospitals or tertiary schools or colleges. Stop the lies and eat your corn in peace.

Let's discuss the governor of your state, 1,2,3....
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by alanto: 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

You are very dull... First paragraph on the screenshot read 'Tinubu commission new hospital" the world new is new to you newn't it?
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by copyrites: 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2023
Ttalk:

Let's discuss the governor of your state, 1,2,3....

The governor of my state belongs to the same party with TInubu. The party of failures and criminals. The governor of my state is the worst governor Nigeria has ever produced after Tinubu.

I don't pamper failures on this side but you can continue to worship your criminal oppressors. That is your personal problem.
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2023
Ttalk:

I don't have time for trolling, read the number 20 and get informed, if you don't believe, then it's your choice, election is just 7days, go out there and make your choice and let the majority have their way
Tinubu upgraded, Tinubu refurbished. I'm not talking about upgrades. Several healthcare facilities in Lagos are named after Tinubu. Yet he didn't start any hospital from scratch.

The same hospitals he upgraded were also upgraded by Fashola, Ambode and now Sanwo-Olu.

Who would build new hospitals?
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2023
alanto:

You are very dull... First paragraph on the screenshot read 'Tinubu commission new hospital" the world new is new to you newn't it?
I don't know where they brought all of you from in the same screenshot you sent. It stated that it was rehabilitated. Typical urchin.
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by alanto: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

I don't know where they brought all of you from in the same screenshot you sent. It stated that it was rehabilitated. Typical urchin.
I didn't send the screenshot that's why I said you are dull... Before we continue can you mention your state in all honesty? Remember God knows our heart and will punish or bless us accordingly... What state are you from?
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by alanto: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

I will have a lot of respect for you if you can mention your state then I will answer whatever question you have about and against Tinubu
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
alanto:

I will have a lot of respect for you if you can mention your state then I will answer whatever question you have about and against Tinubu
Lol. Tinubu is not vying to be governor of my state. He's vying to be president. Nigeria has a lifespan of 52, while U.S is 80+. If you are wise, you'll also be asking these same questions.
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by alanto: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

I figured you will boat but it's okay... You can run away now
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by alanto: 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

Lol. Tinubu is not vying to be governor of my state. He's vying to be president. Nigeria has a lifespan of 52, while U.S is 80+. If you are wise, you'll also be asking these same questions.
I knew it... I just know it... You are too ashamed to mention your state just so you can protect your governor..
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2023
alanto:

I didn't send the screenshot that's why I said you are dull... Before we continue can you mention your state in all honesty? Remember God knows our heart and will punish or bless us accordingly... What state are you from?
Oh. My bad. One of you urchins sent me a screenshot. You are all the same to me nonetheless.

The list you sent didn't include a hospital Tinubu built. Stop quoting me cause you have nothing to sell. It took less than 1 billion naira to build a world-class hospital in 2003. Even my local government chairman can rehabilitate hospitals
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Joevics(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
alanto:

I knew it... I just know it... You are too ashamed to mention your state just so you can protect your governor..
Again, my governor isn't contesting for president of Nigeria.
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Tflex01: 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

Lol rest! Obi is the worst of the 4.

And he will come 4th behind Kwankwaso.
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Ttalk: 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2023
copyrites:

The governor of my state belongs to the same party with TInubu. The party of failures and criminals. The governor of my state is the worst governor Nigeria has ever produced after Tinubu.

I don't pamper failures on this side but you can continue to worship your criminal oppressors. That is your personal problem.

You are shameful to mention the name of your failure governor.

Now let's discuss the failure you don't want to pamper so your people won't continue to reelect failurel
Re: Is Peter Obi For President, Really A Gamble? by Ttalk: 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2023
Joevics:

Nigeria is a federating state with each state having autonomy to develop the state and improve the standard of lives of the citizens of the state.

Your state should first be discussed before talking about the FG.

How has your state impacted you, the state and the country?

(1) (Reply)

APC Urges Police, DSS, INEC To Intercept 'Nnewi Hunters' PVCs' / Things That Will Happen After Election / APC & PDP Get Zero Vote In Peter Obi's Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.