Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola (3822 Views)

Buhari Foreign Trips In Graphical Representation - Pulse.ng (pics) / See How Much Public Officials Spent On Medical Trips In 2014 / My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2011
Governor Rauf Aregbesola has said his overseas trips since he assumed duties have been in the interest of the state and have never affected the running of the state negatively.

Speaking at the end of the activities marking the 20th anniversary of the state at the weekend in Osogbo, the governor said his detractors were making a mountain out of a mole hill. Aregbesola said he always ensured that his Deputy, Otunba Grace Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, held forth and performed state functions to his satisfaction whenever he was not around.

He said his travelling was on record and he would continue to meet people who could assist him in turning the fortune of the state around.
Aregbesola accused the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of spreading rumour of  his ill-health, saying he was hale and hearty and rumor mongers would be afflicted with the alleged disease.

“Having been defeated on that front, they started making issues out of my few travels. My travels are public and on records. The first was to the Borough of Southwark in the United Kingdom, purely on official assignment, to sign a memorandum of understanding with the Borough on behalf of councils in the state on areas of mutual understanding,” he said.
He said his second trip to Dubai was undertaken to attend the convocation of his daughter “from where I proceeded to India for medical check up.”

He reminded the gathering that he had made this known before travelling that after the exhaustion of the struggle for his mandate’s retrieval and the rigorous campaign for the April/May general election, that he needed to rest, which lasted for only one week. Aregbesola stated that his  trip to Dubai and India were carried out purely on his personal account while no state fund was involved, saying “anyone in doubt can check the records.”

He said: “My next travel was to China on state visit at the invitation of All China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU), the first to be extended to any state governor in Nigeria. This was facilitated by the executive secretary of Organisation of African Trade Union Unity (OATUU). Agreements were signed that would make Chinese firms to establish industries in Osun State and enable our state access official Chinese government assistance. The trip was a huge success.” Commenting on his last trip to Saudi Arabia for the lesser Hajj popularly called Umrah in Arabic, the governor told the gathering that it was also at his personal expense as it had been his practice for the past 12 years.

He described his critics (BEAF and CO) grin grin grin as jobless, disclosing that when he had a case in Abuja, the presiding magistrate granted him permission to perform the lesser Hajj and returned home to resume the case.“I leave those who engineered this wicked and malicious lie in the hand of God but I want them to know that they will also have what they wish for others. It is a divine principle that what you sow, you reap,” he declared.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/12/national-12-09-2011-016.html
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2011
This should be of great interest to BEAF and his likes who are always critical about Aregbesola "frequent" travelling. grin grin grin
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by doctokwus: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2011
A man who stays majority of his time outside his place of jurisdiction cannot b serious,c how people jst abuse d goodwill of poor people dt voted de$ into power,tel me y does he av to stay in lagos,doing what.D kind of rubbish dt goes on in dis country in d name of governance is bewildering
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2011
doctokwus:

A man who stays majority of his time outside his place of jurisdiction cannot b serious,c how people jst abuse d goodwill of poor people dt voted de$ into power,tel me y does he av to stay in lagos,doing what.D kind of rubbish dt goes on in dis country in d name of governance is bewildering

I didn't see Lagos in that report. U seem to know more than the journalist that prepared this report. Kindly educate us especially about the Lagos angle please
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by doctokwus: 10:47am On Sep 12, 2011
U den av not bn following wat has bn going on in d state,u only react to stories in bits.For ur info its no secret dt mr governor spends far more time in lag,i.e,wen not travelling out of d country,dan he spends in his own state and
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2011
doctokwus:

U den av not bn following wat has bn going on in d state,u only react to stories in bits.For your info its no secret dt mr governor spends far more time in lag,i.e,wen not travelling out of d country,dan he spends in his own state and

because i asked u to substantiate a claim, it suggest that i no longer follow development in the state undecided anyway, u that claim to know goodluck to u.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2011
doctokwus:

U den av not bn following wat has bn going on in d state,u only react to stories in bits.For your info its no secret dt mr governor spends far more time in lag,i.e,wen not travelling out of d country,dan he spends in his own state and
EDUCATE MORE MR GENTLEMAN? undecided
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Akanbiedu(m): 11:34am On Sep 12, 2011
Donlittle:

The guy has obviously been following developments in the state by absorbing too much of beaf's lies.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^ grin grin grin grin
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by doctokwus: 11:55am On Sep 12, 2011
Donlittle:

Donlittle:

Am not here to go into a long argument or stat throwin insults around.If u feel av bn makin up d lagos angle and dt his trips hav benefitted d state,its ur calls,gdluck to u all,u wi dfinitely nid it d way ur gov,no do wrong is going
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by dankol: 11:56am On Sep 12, 2011
I live in osun state, mr. Ogbeni has lost majority of people's confidence even among his party members. The report dat he spends more time in lagos dan osun is nt far 4rm d truth. So dis is nt abt beaf dou d guy has sentiments against d ogeni gov.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Gbawe: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

The guy has obviously been following developments in the state by absorbing too much of beaf's lies.

I was just about to say precisely the same thing. Beaf propaganda bearing fruit. I.e say the same lies ,however preposterous, over and over again and some people will swallow it and begin regurgitating it as gospel truth.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Xfactoria: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2011
Gbawe:

I was just about to say precisely the same thing. Beaf propaganda bearing fruit. I.e say the same lies ,however preposterous, over and over again and some people will swallow it and begin regurgitating it as gospel truth.

Gbawe, didn't you read this:

dankol:

I live in osun state, mr. Ogbeni has lost majority of people's confidence even among his party members. The report dat he spends more time in lagos dan osun is nt far 4rm d truth. So dis is nt abt beaf dou d guy has sentiments against d ogeni gov.

@ Dankol: You should understand now. The guy has to bring returns to his godfather - Tinubu. Recall Tinubu via Lagos State treasury financed his election expenses.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2011
dankol:

Though i dont live in osun state but i definately have my links there. just like any other Governor, Ogbeni also visits Lagos being the commercial center of Nigeria however he doesnt govern osun State from Lagos. That fact is well laid.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by EkoIle1: 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2011
Same was said about Fashola though he don't travel much. He went to Egypt twice and before you you know and less than 2 years later, we have the first transformer manufacturing plant in Nigeria built by the same Egyptian company he visited twice.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by petertosh: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by dankol: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2011
@demdem, tell me hw many gov leaves their duty post to visit lagos, oshiomole, fayemi nd oda acn govs av stuck to their constituency, there are 2 tins i c 2 dis
1. His travelin is in allegiance to tinubu
2. Osun state is far below his standard in terms of security, social life and economy.
I tell u call an average person livin in osun, it is regret dou som are his die hard fans.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2011
dankol:

@demdem, tell me hw many gov leaves their duty post to visit lagos, oshiomole, fayemi nd oda acn govs av stuck to their constituency, there are 2 tins i c 2 dis
1. His travelin is in allegiance to tinubu
2. Osun state is far below his standard in terms of security, social life and economy.
I tell u call an average person livin in osun, it is regret dou som are his die hard fans.   

Nigerian governors from all corners of the nation goes to Lagos for different reasons. starting from Amosun, Oshimole, Chime, lamido, Rochas etc while some go for personal reasons, some reasons may also vary from business, political, social and even sex*ual. on several occasions av i seen other governor's convoy in lagos. that isnt out of place. some even prefer to land in Lagos when coming from overseas.

None of them to the best of my knowledge (pending when i see something to the contrary) LEAVES his duty post and and start governing from Lagos as you have just speculated. well, what u have seen is your opinion and i respect it but not neccessary mean that is the truth.

I honestly dont give a damn bleep about Ogbeni, he isnt paying my bills but what i know is that he will definately have both his supporters and opponents. u definately fall into the latter.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by dayokanu(m): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2011
I remember it was Odechukwu reetardeens boss Alamieyeiseigha who was notorious for governing his state through Yahoo messenger from his Port harcourt Hotel
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by SisiKill1: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
Only in Nigeria will a Governor open his mouth to say he went to one country for medical treatment, another for his daughter's convocation then try to spin it that it was in the interest of the people he is governing. . .all this without batting an eye. SMH!!
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Beaf: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2011
--Spots SisiKills shapely legs . . .deadly booty--
--quickly faints--
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Beaf: 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2011
Has Aregbe joined the dollar Ninja's and rascals? We know he is there verbally, talking crap as usual.
Sombori please tell him to pack back from Lagos where he is disturbing Fashola like a clown. Sombori, beg di man to pack go Osun na!
How can he keep ruling Osun by email and text and keep lying without limit?

In a year's time, he will be like his brother below. . .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/518316_IkuforijiNinjaThief_jpgd221a96311b1a89c01821b803d551a9c
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^ grin grin grin Accursed, lay your facts out for our consumption. if u dont have any, sharrraaaap and stop peddling lies.
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Johndoe100(m): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
Beaf:

--quickly faints--

Why are you trying to flatter her? De girl ugly na!
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by SisiKill1: 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2011
Beaf:

--quickly faints--

Oh Behave!!

Johndoe100:

Dude! You gotta get over the spanking I gave ya! Jeez! If I knew you were such a whinny whine, I woulda gone easy on your sensitive behind. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
sisi kill, how did you do that face? lol
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by SisiKill1: 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2011
Which face. . .

this one or this one , how about this one ?

Okay now I'm just showing off. . . .

Aiight back to business, first go to yahoo smiley or whichever smiley website you like.

Right click on the image you wanna use, then copy image location/url

then you embed it using this code [ img ] http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/21.gif  [ / img ] (without the spaces of course)

You wanna try? Click the link below

YAHOO SMILEY
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2011
that Naija spiderman picture warn knock me down here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by gregg2: 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2011
Aregbe is the worst governor in Nigeria today
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2011
Everyone is now regretting in Osun state.its now so obvious what the man stand for.Ineptitude and hypocrisy.that stubborn mugu even attempted to remove his deputy for over-playing the scripts,
Re: My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola by Beaf: 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
Johndoe100:

She makes me poor knee's knock and me belly turn to jelly, bruv.

Sisi_Kill:

Oh Behave!!

You know we've got a lil flame growing. . . Can't help eyeing you. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Going Back To His Vomit: Governor Okorocha Is Going Back To Apga! / PDP Rally: Low Turn Out In Ogun / Military Man Vs Police Woman Sleeping On Duty:What Has Gone Wrong?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.