Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers (39735 Views)

Ortom Breaks Away From Wike’s Allies, Says ‘I Want Ayu As Chairman’ / 15 Ex-governors, Governors Battle For APC Senate Seats - Full List / 17 Outgoing Governors Battle To Install Successors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Apophenia24k: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2023
amnesty7:

Not really. I bet you saw the mega rally in Borno yesterday, didn't you?
It is either Asiwaju or Tinubu.

The believe that Yorubas will vote their own but Hausa will vote against theirs is unreasonable..
And if Tinubu get anything less than 45% in the entire then he has lose.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Teymanhenry(f): 8:31am On Feb 19, 2023
Until our Constitution is changed, sadly I fear the North will keep on rulling. I hope Obi wins. But the north which has more numbers will always vote her own even if he'll come and kill everyone. That's their ideology and its detrimental to the progress of the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by bonnyhope: 8:32am On Feb 19, 2023
Machinegun91:
Benue state is presidential Obidients

While Father Alia of APC prepares to occupy Benue government house.

Hon. Iorwase Herman Hembe will come 2nd under Labour party.

I don't care who govern Benue state
From 1999 they have been a total failure in governance.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by SunMusk(m): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2023
Ortom don't rule well, so PDP is not strong in Benue state, by voting, Peter Obi and the APC governor should win hands down.. But this is election nobody can tell. For presidential benue state is obident. Governorship is the APC guy.
adioolayi:
If you are a student of politics....you should be able to read and see through this political maneuvering prism ...

The G-5 and Ortorm is selling Peter Obi in Benue State to further decimate the likely PDP votes in this PDP dominated State...Giving more advantage to APC presidential votes.. lead by Pastor Hyacinth in that State.

Many analyst still believe a vote for Peter Obi is a minus for PDP and a plus for APC.. especially at PDP traditional areas.

It's more like a divide and rule approach, atleast for the Presidential Election.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by VictorGeneral4(m): 8:54am On Feb 19, 2023
amnesty7:

fellow southern don't be deceived by that crowd those niggas came for the bag
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by amnesty7: 8:55am On Feb 19, 2023
VictorGeneral4:
fellow southern don't be deceived by that crowd those niggas came for the bag
Which bag? You mean APC still has cash?

1 Like

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Demigod22: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2023
Naira20:
He's always been OBIdient... It's wike and makinde that have been trying to talk him out of it.

But the guy is fearless and committed to Justice

Lol, justice and Ortom should not be in the same sentence. He should first go and pay salary.

The only thing Ortom did for the past years is just shouting Fulani herdsmen and following Wike like media aid.

1 Like

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Machinegun91(m): 9:01am On Feb 19, 2023
bonnyhope:

I don't care who govern Benue state
From 1999 they have been a total failure in governance.
so what do you want now?
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Naira20: 9:01am On Feb 19, 2023
Are you one of those fulanis killing his people?
Demigod22:

Lol, justice and Ortom should not be in the same sentence. He should first go and pay salary.

The only thing Ortom did for the past years is just shouting Fulani herdsmen and following Wike like media aid.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by UncommonLogic: 9:04am On Feb 19, 2023
Aremwayne:
It’s either Obi or nobody cool
Better get ready for Biafuro or death because Obi can't and won't win. So start planning your next move.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:05am On Feb 19, 2023
Mitsurugi:
Wike is a foul mouthed, crass buffoon. A coward and he will sink into political oblivion no matter who wins. Where will he find sanctuary after his shenanigans? Labour? PDP? Or APC where his arch rival Amaechi is? The only feature he has as a leader is his ability to lead with the backing of government money. Take the money away and he's no better than a park tout at Upper Iweka. PDP truly dodged a bullet by refusing him the ticket.
True that.

Wike has forever killed his political career no matter who wins. Like you said, where's he gonna find sanctuary. If he knew, he should have gone to senate.

But I'm sure he didn't want to go to senate because he never planned on giving his successor any breathing space.

His successor would undo him Las las.

1 Like

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by MiniImportation: 9:10am On Feb 19, 2023
kellyjc:
Ortom is not a blind follower. He has been outspoken and concise since day one unlike the two south eastern governors. Wike wanted to play politricks with his fellow governors but only ended up confusing his greedy self.
how you guys talk is so amazing that I started asking myself if you guys reason above sentiment and tribalism.

Please read your comment again but this time read it with an open heart and a clear conscience.

Leave what you want and go for what is right.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:11am On Feb 19, 2023
amnesty7:

You don't know the Northerners. Ask GEJ to show you pictures of the crowd he pulled in the North against Buhari vs the votes he got.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Demigod22: 9:12am On Feb 19, 2023
Naira20:
Are you one of those fulanis killing his people?

LoL, my tribe doesn't matter, but he should stop playing politics with Benue people lives. Thank God his candidate, Titus Mba is not popular, let's see what Saturday holds for Nigeria.

I can't wait to laugh at this G 5 governors Theatre of political stupidity.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by warlordd(m): 9:13am On Feb 19, 2023
amnesty7:

Don't be deceived! The same crowd that gathered for Tinubu also gathered for Atiku. Hunger is the greatest unifier in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Mitsurugi(m): 9:15am On Feb 19, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
True that.

Wike has forever killed his political career no matter who wins. Like you said, where's he gonna find sanctuary. If he knew, he should have gone to senate.

But I'm sure he didn't want to go to senate because he never planned on giving his successor any breathing space.

His successor would undo him Las las.

Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Naira20: 9:19am On Feb 19, 2023
I thought you'd say Ortom is not popular.

Ortom is the most dependable governor now in Nigeria.
And once PO wins on Saturday, the dynamics will change...Nigerians will start adjusting to pro-PO parties
Demigod22:

LoL, my tribe doesn't matter, but he should stop playing politics with Benue people lives. Thank God his candidate, Titus Mba is not popular, let's see what Saturday holds for Nigeria.

I can't wait to laugh at this G 5 governors Theatre of political stupidity.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by MiniImportation: 9:23am On Feb 19, 2023
Ladoja19:
My advice to Gov. Wike , he should just willingly join the youth train by declaring his support for peter Obi
If not
With his political carrier he might act titanic
when will you guys understand that politics is a game of winning just like business is is a game of profit.

And I don't think you want to invest your money where you won't make profit.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Aremwayne: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2023
HardMirror:
what do you mean nobody? If obi loses, what will you do?
I won’t do anything cos he will win.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Demigod22: 9:40am On Feb 19, 2023
Naira20:
I thought you'd say Ortom is not popular.

Ortom is the most dependable governor now in Nigeria.
And once PO wins on Saturday, the dynamics will change...Nigerians will start adjusting to pro-PO parties

I can understand your sentiment if you are Samuel Ortom's supporter, but using the word " dependable" to qualify him is an improper Noun.

What are the infrastructural projects initiated by your governor in the last eight years?
How many months salary is he owing?

If governor Ortom is your ideal dependable politician or governor in Nigeria, then we still have a long way to go in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Naira20: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2023
Your meaningless response doesn't detract that he is dependable.

And I expected you to know the primacy of human life over "infrastructure".

People before Property
Demigod22:

I can understand your sentiment if you are Samuel Ortom's supporter, but using the word " dependable" to qualify him is an improper Noun.

What are the infrastructural projects initiated by your governor in the last eight years?
How many months salary is he owing?

If governor Ortom is your ideal dependable politician or governor in Nigeria, then we still have a long way to go in Nigeria.
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by TimmyA: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2023
He knows that it is only vote for Obi .... that can save him and the people of benue from the evil fulani onslaught
Naira20:
He's always been OBIdient... It's wike and makinde that have been trying to talk him out of it.

But the guy is fearless and committed to Justice
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by donnie2016: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2023
AntiChristian:
cool
.So many things to check in this election!

Does structure matter in politics?
Does campaign or online crowd translate to real votes?
Do visiting churches and inciting them to take back their country translate to votes?
Do ethnicity/religion/region matter in the pattern of voting?
How many predictions passed/failed and by what margin?
Was the cashless economy fruitful to the credibility of the election?
Most of Obi's online crowd is made of youth corp members and the youthful INEC adhoc staff who will be busy on election day, having no chance to vote for him in the first place

1 Like

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by donnie2016: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2023
amnesty7:
grin
Ortom knows that the real contest is between Asiwaju and Atiku; he also knows that as a state, Benue will go to Obi. So his support doesn't matter anyway.
Ortom is plain lying to the media and Wike.At his rallies,he has never asked his supporters to vote for obi.He has been asking them to vote for "all PDP candidates"even as at yesterday of which l was in attendance

1 Like

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by bonnyhope: 10:41am On Feb 19, 2023
Machinegun91:
so what do you want now?

Obi to be president

Don't forget to say amen o
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by airsaylongcome: 10:52am On Feb 19, 2023
Mitsurugi:
Wike is a foul mouthed, crass buffoon. A coward and he will sink into political oblivion no matter who wins. Where will he find sanctuary after his shenanigans? Labour? PDP? Or APC where his arch rival Amaechi is? The only feature he has as a leader is his ability to lead with the backing of government money. Take the money away and he's no better than a park tout at Upper Iweka. PDP truly dodged a bullet by refusing him the ticket.

You should have seen him as LG chairman in the early to mid 2000s. Crass buffoon is the apt description

1 Like

Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by ndukwejoe(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2023
Let me see how he will do it
godoluwa:
Wike supported Tinubu not because he sees Tinubu as the best candidate but because of his hatred for Peter Obi. Let's see how Wike will force entire people of Rivers state to vote for agbado lord grin
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by rollywise(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
I see North still retaining the power. They seem to be ahead of the game. The southern votes is divided and I don’t see the Northern giving up on their own (Atiku)

Everywhere is divided. The south south and south East is for Obi. South West will be splitted between obi and Tinubu. The north is the battle field. Kwankwaso as long as he doesn't step down for anyone will share a great deal of the states. Atiku will also share as well as Tinubu so there's no clear winner coz even obi will get at least one or two states from the north especially the Christian dominated northern parts. The election is tight for anyone to be too relaxed
Re: Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers by Mitsurugi(m): 11:05am On Feb 19, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You should have seen him as LG chairman in the early to mid 2000s. Crass buffoon is the apt description

No wonder he's not a practicing lawyer. I pity his client. It's just horrible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole Stuns In Blue Outfit (Photos) / Nimbo Massacre: I Recorded Killing To Show My People Our Success –suspect / Military: If Shekau Surrenders, We Will Accept Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.