Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch (49207 Views)

Cash Crunch: Governors Push Out Palliatives In States / G-5: Atiku’s Men Adopt New Strategies / Election Spending: Politicians Move To Bypass Cash Withdrawal Limit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Olayiwola970(m): 8:12am On Feb 19, 2023
The policy is okay but it made in wrong time.

WHAT ARE THE THINGS THAT CAN STOP VOTE BUYING?
Provide better work.
Increase minimums wages.
Provide security.
Loan for those that need it.
Let everybody busy and useful for himself and society.

Then you will stop vote buying.

If you are doing well in your own business or work, nobody will have time for vote buying.

1 Like

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Isobug: 8:16am On Feb 19, 2023
Fareke:

Pls do your findings very well before coming here to display your ignorance.

Obi is a bad market in disguise.

Anambra Citizens Petitions EFCC over Peter Obi's Stealing of State Funds
June 6, 2009

https://saharareporters.com/2009/06/06/anambra-citizens-petitions-efcc-over-peter-obis-stealing-state-funds
You are finished
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Fareke: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2023
phorget:

Lol...
If your government has supported the technical capabilities of the igbos do you think we would be where we are today? When techno phones first came on board we all know how bad it was but today most people that cant afford a high tech phone will still go for tecno and the likes.
Japan improved on the electronic production after the 2nd world war, China is almost taking over the world economy but we all know how bad their products were in time past.

Tell your government to recognize the principles of comparative advantages and give supports to where necessary then see if igbos products wont be well sorted for.
Ok Sir, we pray to have such person at the helm of affairs.
But before then, pls advise your fellow Igbos to desist from dubious businesses (drug trafficking, fake production, baby factory etc)
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by shuttox: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2023
Upworkwriter007:

I think they'll still share the old notes since CBN has laid down a method of depositing old notes through commercial banks. That's where it gets tricky.
And me and you will accept it??
Lol
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Fareke: 8:20am On Feb 19, 2023
Isobug:

You are finished
Is that all you have to say. Keep sentiment aside and do your findings properly about Obi
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by phorget(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2023
Nicepoker:
It would have jeopardize his second term that's why he never did. Don't allow these thieves keep fooling you.

Go through my posts here on nairaland and you'll see that I've never been a fan of Buhari but that doesn't stop me from recognizing a good policy when I see one.
Yes the policy might have jeopardized his second term chances and that would have been because most Nigerians dont recognize what would be better for them on the long run, we often time demand for a quick fix just because we hate going through processes that will lead us to a better position.

How on earth is money redesigning and cashless policy a bad policy?
The implementation might look difficult at first but the long run effect is what Nigerians will still come to appreciate.
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by itsRhamzy: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2023
tesppidd:
Buhari should forget this cash policy abeg.
He shouldn't punish us because we want to elect one of 3 criminals Tinubu, Atiku and Obi.
They all belong in the same old order.

Obi might be slightly better but he still belongs to that category.

It's not like this suffering from this stringent cash policy is going to bring us a Mandela or a Lee Kuan Yew anyway.
oga there's no punishment anywhere. We sensible Nigerians welcome this policy and will endure till after elections. You cannot be too comfortable in anything or everything in life if you want to progress and move forward, it takes endurance and pains sometimes. Any small thing like this Nigerians will be groaning as if the government is after their lives. Mtchewwww.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by UncommonLogic: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2023
Africans with short and myopic thinking. They have only succeeded in making vote buyer much cheaper.
A very foolish asinine policy that will not solve anything. It will not stop vote buying if any politician really wants to buy votes.
Now, people will sell their voted for 1000.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by MadarasBlade(m): 8:34am On Feb 19, 2023
FarahAideed:
Many sub level thinkers won't be able to process what I am about to say but I will try.

There is nothing like vote buying , it's all a ruse , votes can only be won and whatever way a voters decides for his vote to be won is that voters concern as long as his process doesn't disenfranchise another voter .. There is a reason why the constitution says you must be a biological adult of 18 before you can vote this is to assure you have a biologically developed thought process that can make you make the best choices for you as to how you want your your vote to be won .
Voter A might want his vote to be won for some immediate gains as guided by his reality while voter B might opt for his votes to be won by way of religion or tribal affiliations , Voter C might opt for his vote to be won for just simple personal reasons like the candidate is his neighbor and voter D might want his vote to be won on the basis of some long term goals like a better society for his kids ..What ever path a voter decides to use to allow his vote to be win is legitimately valid as far as he doesn't disenfranchise another voter in the process...If someone says he will vote for the candidate that can give him immediate 5000 naira vote to solve immediate reality issues like hunger who are you to describe him as a vote seller or describe his own process as vote buying but you that is going for a candidate that is promising your kids cheaper vacation visa or a new bridge for your car to pass you say your own is the valid way to give vote ... People open your eyes there is nothing like vote buying in democracy

You're an absolute fool. High level thinker.
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Doyou2019: 8:36am On Feb 19, 2023
Parachoko:

Banks can collect the old notes till April 10.

Una dey talk as if banks no dey collect the old notes at all

If Obidience pay each voters 12k old note to vote Obi, the voter can resell it for 10k.

Bullion-van-politician-supporter talking.

cheesy cheesy
Oniyeye
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Enemyofpeace: 8:37am On Feb 19, 2023
Buhari don grab dem for blokos.

Mynd44 happy birthday to you. God bless your new age

1 Like

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Misterone: 8:38am On Feb 19, 2023
FarahAideed:
Many sub level thinkers won't be able to process what I am about to say but I will try.

There is nothing like vote buying , it's all a ruse , votes can only be won and whatever way a voters decides for his vote to be won is that voters concern as long as his process doesn't disenfranchise another voter .. There is a reason why the constitution says you must be a biological adult of 18 before you can vote this is to assure you have a biologically developed thought process that can make you make the best choices for you as to how you want your your vote to be won .
Voter A might want his vote to be won for some immediate gains as guided by his reality while voter B might opt for his votes to be won by way of religion or tribal affiliations , Voter C might opt for his vote to be won for just simple personal reasons like the candidate is his neighbor and voter D might want his vote to be won on the basis of some long term goals like a better society for his kids ..What ever path a voter decides to use to allow his vote to be win is legitimately valid as far as he doesn't disenfranchise another voter in the process...If someone says he will vote for the candidate that can give him immediate 5000 naira vote to solve immediate reality issues like hunger who are you to describe him as a vote seller or describe his own process as vote buying but you that is going for a candidate that is promising your kids cheaper vacation visa or a new bridge for your car to pass you say your own is the valid way to give vote ... People open your eyes there is nothing like vote buying in democracy
You made a lot of sense here. Vote buying is not only monetary, it can be through deceit. Every politician practice vote buying, albeit in a subtle way. Selling fake promises that you know you can't fulfill, brainwashing voters,
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by phorget(m): 8:39am On Feb 19, 2023
Fareke:

Ok Sir, we pray to have such person at the helm of affairs.
But before then, pls advise your fellow Igbos to desist from dubious businesses (drug trafficking, fake production, baby factory etc)

Do the crime and do your time, I dont have the strength to preach to anyone who's criminally obligated. We still have igbos making Nigeria proud and there was a time when all Nigeria basket ball players were all igbos and they made Nigeria proud.
Some igbos are criminals same way we have some yorubas and northerners too in crimes but my rule is that who ever get caught should face the music.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Oyenekun(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2023
KEVIND:
We know the leader of vote buying in Nigeria but God forbib BATin.

Wahala
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by FarahAideed: 8:41am On Feb 19, 2023
MadarasBlade:

You're an absolute fool. High level thinker.

You have shown you are a sub level human , zero counter but Instead resort to needless violence by insulting. I dare you to say something smart ..this is how a low level thinker like Buhari keeps deceiving U

2 Likes

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Parachoko: 8:43am On Feb 19, 2023
dyera:

You smoke weed?
You're mistaking me for your daddy
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by whizzler: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2023
Demiolao:
Who will deliver this country from corruption.

If Buhari had started this way from day 1 in office, the people would've been hailing him by now as an icon of new Nigeria.

Please Your Business Needs a Professional Logo:
We will Design a professional Company Logo or Letterhead for your Business for 2K Only

Pay on Delivery

Drop us your Company Name here
https://forms.gle/GW9pobpE98F6hTbZ8

Very true but the man is not sincere enough. In 2019 he was sharing money in the name of social welfare (trader money, Market money etc) on the eve of the elections which is pure vote buying. Also he should have shown is "integrity" by changing the naira in 2019 by that he would have used himself as an example which is the hall mark of great leaders. Not this one he is trying to cause chaos in the country since he has nothing to lose anymore

2 Likes

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by whizzler: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2023
Demiolao:
Who will deliver this country from corruption.

If Buhari had started this way from day 1 in office, the people would've been hailing him by now as an icon of new Nigeria.

Please Your Business Needs a Professional Logo:
We will Design a professional Company Logo or Letterhead for your Business for 2K Only

Pay on Delivery

Drop us your Company Name here
https://forms.gle/GW9pobpE98F6hTbZ8

Very true but the man is not sincere enough. In 2019 he was sharing money in the name of social welfare (trader money, Market money etc) on the eve of the elections which is pure vote buying. Also he should have shown his "integrity" by changing the naira in 2019 by that he would have used himself as an example which is the hall mark of great leaders. Not this one he is trying to cause chaos in the country since he has nothing to lose anymore
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by phorget(m): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2023
UncommonLogic:
Africans with short and myopic thinking. They have only succeeded in making vote buyer much cheaper.
A very foolish asinine policy that will not solve anything. It will not stop vote buying if any politician really wants to buy votes.
Now, people will sell their voted for 1000.

Yes let them collect crumbs and suffer for the next 4years. I cant imagine someone offering me money so I can vote for him knowing fully well that that same person will be in charge of our money if he wins, isnt that foolishness?
Nigeians are not ready to walk into freedom so let them continue selling their future for a mere fee.
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Amaggedon: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2023
tesppidd:
He shouldn't punish us because we want to elect one of 3 criminals Tinubu, Atiku and Obi.

It's not like this suffering from this stringent cash policy is going to bring us a Mandela or a Lee Kuan Yew anyway.
Obi has asked you to name just #1 of Anambra Money he stole during his tenure as governor he will stop campaigning , till today no one has come out to say anything . So don't call him a thief because you want to place him in same category as those that were drug dealers and converted state properties for them selves. Please respect yourself.
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Kukutenla: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2023
FarahAideed:

This is your opinion and it's very wrong in the eyes of the law
Stop misleading people

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by okrikaboi: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2023
We politicians know the real purpose of this nonsense article. Playing reverse psychology to not pay people money on the day of election. All Labour party agents will labour in vain. Share money you are here spewing trash stingy people. It is our culture to receive cash for all our troubles on the election day nevertheless Nigeria should vote their conscience there would be enough cash on election day me go get nothing less than 100k that day. grin
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by UncommonLogic: 9:02am On Feb 19, 2023
phorget:

Yes let them collect crumbs and suffer for the next 4years. I cant imagine someone offering me money so I can vote for him knowing fully well that that same person will be in charge of our money if he wins, isnt that foolishness?
Nigeians are not ready to walk into freedom so let them continue selling their future for a mere fee.

Look don't get if twisted. Most that are collecting money to vote are more than inclined to vote for that party anyway. They are just being induced.
Some don't have any preference hence can be bought. Most who have in mind to vote for a particular person will not sell their vote.
The last 2 elections, I stayed at the polling unit to observe how elections are conducted in Nigeria.
I even took it Upon myself to advice people against selling their votes. Some just laughed and still sold is because they don't really have a preference hence they don't care who wins.
All parties try to get people to vote for them through many illegal means.
The biggest problem from my observations are the poll workers. They are corrupt and be bought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by kelly72: 9:04am On Feb 19, 2023
Nigerians have been labouring under the yoke of EXTREME poverty since 2015 but bola tinubu the drug baron, el rufai the tribalist and ganduje the man who hides dollars in his anus did not complain. Infact, they were the ones who declared that there was nobody suffering in Nigeria.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago when the cash squeeze became more prominent and began to hit them. Suddenly, they became lovers of poor people.

El rufai and ganduje who run poverty factories in Kaduna and Kano without any concerns are suddenly worried about the poverty of the poor.

If Buhari had started doing the right things from get go, by now at least 2 of these 3 men should be serving not less than 50 year term each in prison. How can known criminals be the ones dictating to a president? It is because their past crimes were not punished. Impunity is the biggest enabler of crime.

Buhari should deploy security forces during election with a clear instruction to fatally neutralise anyone seen moving raw cash without official authorization between the 20th to the 25th February 2023 anywhere in Nigeria.

Using money to subvert the electoral process should be treasonable and the only punishment for treason in Nigerian law is the supreme price.

To show you how much I hate vote buying, anybody who tells me to sell him my vote at the polling station on election day will be stabbed to death instantly.
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by HellVictorinho7: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2023
FarahAideed:

a vote is sold 4 something immediate, either a promise or an expression of desire or any other medium of exchange for useful stuff that is available and acceptable.

1 Like

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by Numerouno94(m): 9:07am On Feb 19, 2023
tesppidd:

Words on marble.💯

1 Like

Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by MadarasBlade(m): 9:09am On Feb 19, 2023
FarahAideed:

You have shown you are a sub level human , zero counter but Instead resort to needless violence by insulting. I dare you to say something smart ..this is how a low level thinker like Buhari keeps deceiving U

I do not waste my time with fools, out of my way.
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by DKM123: 9:09am On Feb 19, 2023
On 25th February 2023, while casting your vote , have the following in mind:

*Nigeria* ------------*Nigeria*
*2015--------------------2023
====================

*Dollar*

#197--------------------#740
-----------------------------------------

*Fuel*

#87---------------------#300/450
------------------------------------------

*Kerosene*

#50-------------------------#550

*Diesel*

#155------------------------#900

*Cooking Gas*

#180------------------------#850

*Hajj fee*

#700,000-----------------#3million

*Rice*

#8,000 ---------------------#43,000

*Bajaj*
*Motorcycle*

#170,000--------------------#700,000

*Tricycle*
*(Keke-napep)*

#370,000---------------------#1.5million
-----------------------------------------‐

*Sewing machine*
#45,000-----------------------#300,000

*Ext. Debt*

9.7b dollars----------------98.6b dollars

*Bag of Cement*
#1700------------------------#4,700

*Unemployment rate*

11%--------------------------43%

*Inflation rate*

7%-------------------------------90%

*Poor Nigerians*

45million-------------------130million

*GDP*

5.5%------------------------- Recession Twice
Yet, APC expects us to reward them by voting them back with thier Muslim/Muslim ticket.

*Vote wisely, come next Saturday….February 25th and March 11, 2023.*

Selling your PVC at N20,000, amount suffering for the next 8 years.

We are now in between the Devil and Deep Red Sea.

Vote your conscience and not your hunger now, because your future and family’s future is in your hand 🤚.
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by livinbygrace: 9:10am On Feb 19, 2023
Na all these obidense children dey happy thinking the policy will affect Tinubu.Una still dey learn.After the werey Emefiele banned Aboki fx,what is the impact on our economy till date?Make una dey reason well,and na why Saint Obi dey carry una GO-GO,dey dish out lamba.
Re: Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch by ShootThemAll(m): 9:15am On Feb 19, 2023
Buying votes of electorates is over rated and hyped just to create a decoy away from corrupt INEC officials at collation centers that actually carry out the rigging.

Paying 10,000 naira to let's say 1,000,000 voters is 10 billion naira! Which is not up to 50% effective.

INEC Collation centers is the big deal, don't be deceived.

The only people that are being paid well for poling unit deals are touts like (MC Oluomo, Kabaka etc) that carry out voters suppression of opponents strong holds, which will be rampant this year because of BVAS, expecting a lot of it in South East, Lagos and some states in South South.

God bless 9ja.
Vote for Labour Party
ObiDatti

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Nigeria After His State Visit To The US (Photos) / Tambuwal:What The 1999 Nigerian Constitution Says About The Office Of Thespeaker / Dollars Everywhere At The APC Primaries This Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.