Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,325 members, 7,846,452 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Why Election Should Be Postpone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Election Should Be Postpone (229 Views)

Any Rerun Election Should Be Between Atiku And I - Tinubu Tells Court / Our Election Should Be Captioned "INEC And Police Decide" - Bwala / The Presidential Election Will Be Postpone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Election Should Be Postpone by OmoGomesIlorin: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2023
Just a few day to the election, there is still cash scarcity majority of Nigerians withdraw from POS or ATM and on daily basis to take care of their needs. With people not having money to spend for food on the election day when movement will be restricted, this means that people who don't have access to cash will starve on that day.

The following day is Sunday when Bank will not work, this show a possibility of people starving for two days. What about the case of medical emergency and cash will be needed for the patient care?

We cannot rule out breakdown of law and order should the election outcome not favorable to some groups, government would need to enforce curfew which would affect people who don't have cash.

I believed President Muhammedu Buhari is and intelligent man and Prof Mahmood will have understanding to foresee the event of the coming days. My appeal to them is to postpone the election date/day by two weeks minimum to allow the 200 naira note to fully circulate.

I write in peace
Re: Why Election Should Be Postpone by SaintNegro77: 8:32am On Feb 19, 2023
Election won't be postponed. CBN will release money to inec Monday or Tuesday.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dumo Lulu Briggs Should Be Flogged Mercilessly If Accord Party Looses Election / Osinbajo’s Voice Clear On The Issues, Tweeps School P-square / APC Suspends Northeast National Vice Chairman Over Alleged Anti-party Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.