Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,148 members, 7,835,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau (2526 Views)

2023 Campaign: It’s Still A Four Horse Race - Jibrin Ibrahim / APC Presidential Primary: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Lawan, Amaechi In Four Horse Race / Amaechi, Lawan In Two-Horse Race As APC Awaits Buhari’s ‘Anointed Candidate’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Eva2000: 8:57am On Feb 19, 2023
POLITICS2023 Presidential election: It’s a two-horse race in PlateauPublished on February 19, 2023By Agabus Pwanagba

The current political configuration in Plateau State ahead of the February 25, 2023, presidential election is a sharp departure from what obtained since the return of democratic structures in 1999.

Since 1999, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has won the presidential elections in the State.

Even though the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) took over in 2015, the PDP has come out tops in both the 2015 and 2019 polls, with Atiku Abubakar getting over 80, 000 votes against President Muhammadu Buhari in the last election.

However, the upcoming presidential election presents a different scenario in the State, with the emergence of Peter Obi as the Labour Party candidate.

As widely believed that the next president should come from Southern extraction and should be a Christian, that view is not different among Plateau people.

While the ruling APC is presenting a Muslim Southerner, with a Muslim northerner as running mate, the Plateau people are not at home with such an arrangement, and have vehemently kicked against it, and that has made the Tinubu-Shettima ticket unpopular in the State.

Despite the APC having the Governor of the State, Simon Lalong as the Director General of the Presidential Campaign Council, whose acceptance of the position was greeted with anger and despair in the the state, it will be a difficult task for that ticket to be sold to the people who believe that Tinubu should have picked a Christian as running mate.

Even though the party is informing the citizens that voting a Tinubu-Shettima ticket will enhance their chances of retaining the governorship of the state, an average Plateau person is never comfortable with a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

For the PDP’s Atiku-Okowa ticket, the scenario is far from the APC ticket, as citizens believe that outgoing President Buhari is a Muslim (Fulani North). Their question is: why bring another?

However, the Atiku-Okowa ticket is not as unpopular as that of the Tinubu-Shettima, being that Okowa is a Christian and from the south.

The PDP has been seriously canvassing for votes for their candidate, portraying him as an experienced personality and a detribalised Nigerian.

The Party has also urged the citizenry to vote for the Atiku-Okowa ticket, saying that doing so will further brighten the chances of their gubernatorial candidate, and will give the state better opportunities at the federal level.

Feelers within many communities in Plateau North and Central show that the PDP is making last minute inroad to ensure they deliver the Atiku-Okowa ticket.

For the Obi-Datti ticket, many citizens even from both the APC and the PDP have thrown their weight behind that ticket.

The Obi-Datti ticket is widely believed as a true representation of an ordinary Plateau citizen.

The Obi-Datti movement was behind many youths getting registered to ensure it is delivered in the state.

There were over 300 support groups for the Obi-Datti ticket in Plateau State but have now been trimmed to 10.

The Obi-Datti candidature has enjoyed tremendous support with or without financial backing in the state.

On the whole, it is likely a two horse race between the Atiku-Okowa and the Obi-Datti tickets.

No disrespect to the Tinubu-Shettima candidature, but indications show that it will be a difficult task for them in Plateau State.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by nlreserve: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2023
On Obi and Datti's manhoods I stand. We need a breath of fresh airs Biko.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by SLAP44: 9:07am On Feb 19, 2023
It's a one horse race, the old guard of PDAPC are not being considered by the young and the suffering old people in Nigeria.

Labour party and ObiDatti is all we know.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by IFAnation3: 9:12am On Feb 19, 2023
I see
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by princepeter566: 9:23am On Feb 19, 2023
Which one come be two horse race?
An average plateau man can never vote a fulani man after all they have gone through in the hands of fulanis, neither will he vote a Muslim man. Talk more about Muslim Muslim ticket. Plateau, benue, Kogi, nasarawa, taraba, adamawa southern kaduna, southern Gombe, Abuja, South East, South South, half of south west and some desirable amount of votes are in the bag for obi come 25 January, sorry I mean February for obi

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by princepeter566: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2023
Which one come be two horse race?
An average plateau man can never vote a fulani man after all they have gone through in the hands of fulanis, neither will he vote a Muslim man. Talk more about Muslim Muslim ticket

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Ever8090: 9:26am On Feb 19, 2023
Plateau state is for Obi...wetin those guys don see for Muslim hands, na small thing...!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by samsononyilo(m): 10:09am On Feb 19, 2023
Nothing like two horse race, is just Obi😎😎
Obi is the only candidate we know here..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by sholatech(m): 10:43am On Feb 19, 2023
Plateau state is an easy win for Peter Obi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Caramia2020(m): 10:45am On Feb 19, 2023
LP will dominate in Plateau, Benue n Kogi even in Abuja.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by itsRhamzy: 11:07am On Feb 19, 2023
Caramia2020:
LP will dominate in Plateau, Benue n Kogi even in Abuja.
lol dey play 😅

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Parachoko: 11:11am On Feb 19, 2023
Thank God Saturday no far again

On Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Senator Kashim Shettima Mandate I Stand Gidigba

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Caramia2020(m): 11:21am On Feb 19, 2023
itsRhamzy:
lol dey play 😅
Play ke, my dear please save the post.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by BATified2023: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Thank God Saturday no far again

On Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Senator Kashim Shettima Mandate I Stand Gidigba
lets just allow d igbos to practice their madness till Friday, by Saturday reality will start hitting them hard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Parachoko: 11:52am On Feb 19, 2023
BATified2023:
lets just allow d igbos to practice their madness till Friday, by Saturday reality will start hitting them hard
Yes Man

Is a waste of time exchanging words with them when the election is this week.

I'm working for Asiwaju offline

They can be wailing online all they want

The most important thing for me is for Asiwaju to win the Election next week Saturday.

That's all that matters right now

Obidience Urchins can be beating their chest for now on Nairaland, is allowed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by BATified2023: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Yes Man

Is a waste of time exchanging words with them when the election is this week.

I'm working for Asiwaju offline

They can be wailing online all they want

I can bet my all that tinubu will win

Igbos don’t know what is about to hit them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Parachoko: 11:56am On Feb 19, 2023
BATified2023:

It will hit Asiwaju haters wotowoto

By this time next week, must of them will be so depress

I see Asiwaju wining in 4 Geopolitical region.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Viscuz: 11:57am On Feb 19, 2023
Parachoko:
It will hit Asiwaju haters wotowoto

By this time next week, must of them will be so depress

I see Asiwaju wining in 4 Geopolitical region.

Hahahahah

Dreaming swine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by PrinceOfLagos: 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2023
PETER OBI got Plateau on lock down . It's a done Victory

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by Roboto11: 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ever8090:
Plateau state is for Obi...wetin those guys don see for Muslim hands, na small thing...!

The Muslims in Plateau state are taking note.
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by blahc007: 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2023
BATified2023:

Bet your L!Fe if e sure 4 u.....
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by samsononyilo(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2023
BATified2023:

My problem with you urchins is that y'all think Obi supporters are only igbos😂
Una eyes go clear on Saturday..
Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by samsononyilo(m): 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2023
Roboto11:

The Muslims in Plateau state are taking note.

How many are they?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by TruthsFM: 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2023
Atiku Abubakar wins February 25th presidential poll

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Election: It’s A Two-horse Race In Plateau by NigerianAngelo(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2023
Long Epistle - trying to massage unnecessary egos - an evil thing to do before God.

It is a one horse race in Plateau

LP (Peter Obi) is gathering 1 million votes - no response.

(1) (Reply)

Book Used As Instruction Manual By Hamas Terrorists Found / White Man Cheating Us In Africa / Inec Finally Disqualified Atiku : Your Honest Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.