Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Airtime-Money - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Airtime-Money (145 Views)

Fill Survey And Get ₦200 Airtime.. MTN And 9mobile / How To Get MTN Free 150MB FREE Airtime New Xmas Offer / Enjoy #200,000 Airtime On Your Glo Sim (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtime-Money by JohnNgene: 9:54am On Feb 19, 2023
The Nigerian government and the CBN have made February 2023 one of the most difficult financial times in the history of Nigeria since the Coronavirus lockdown of 2020. We have money in our bank accounts but can't get access to cash.

Nigerians are being forced to go cashless. Cashless economy is good. Cashless economy di mma. Mana the major problem with cashlessness bu: How do I pay for N20 (twenty naira) purewater or a N50 (fifty naira) akara via transfer or POS?

I thought about this problem and got an idea-solution. Why can't the airtime in our phones be used to buy things in the streets, shops and markets instead of being used for only calls, texts and data?

Remember that there are more Nigerians using phones than Nigerians who have bank accounts. Remember that all sim cards are now linked to the National Identification Number (NIN).

Think about it biko. It is possible to use airtime as money. Ọ di very possible if the Nigerian government wants it to happen. It is already easy to convert cash to airtime through bank recharge. Let the NCC create a central USSD code that can be used on all networks (MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile etc) to transfer airtime from one customer to another. Most importantly, let that airtime not be used for only calls, texts and data but also for paying for things in the streets, shops and markets. That airtime should be considered money or what I call AIRTIME-MONEY.

Airtime-money is what I can use to buy purewater and akara that cost below N100 (one hundred naira). Airtime-money is what will make this difficult cash scarcity easier for Nigerians to bear and reduce the hunger and anger of the unbanked masses. Airtime-money is what will make Nigeria become a truly cashless economy.

Ngene Chibueze John (GANFUWA)
+2349095000603

(1) (Reply)

Buy... / Know About The Best Company To Buy Portable 2 Post Lift / WOMAN KISSING AND HAVING SEX WITH ANOTHER WOMAN WHILE SHE WAS HOLDING HER HUBBY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.