Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Who Is A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A Christian? (1222 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Christian? by itu404(m): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2023
Is it not being baptized either as a baby or even by immersion?
Is it not how much you can quote the bible or know a lot of verses by heart?
Is it not your winning a lot of trophies for your youth body each time you go out for debate?
Is it not having a famous pastor as your spiritual father or mother?
Is it not getting a degree in theology or going further?
Is it not teaching a Sunday school or getting a job as a Christian religion teacher?
It is not being a church leader?
Is it not being close to the pastor?
And have received a lot of awards from the board of deacon?
Surely it is keeping the house of God cleaned always for worship?
Being a good and regular thither for the past decades?
Having their highest monitory contribution each time, there is a need arising in the church
Bought a car gift for your pastor during his 50th birthday
Appointed head of elders to build a huge orphanage as part of the church ministry?
Donated a parcel of land to the church?
Sponsor the pastor’s television ministry through your organization as part of the church vision to reach the world?
Gave a scholarship to some deserving students in the church.
All the above is no.
THIS IS THE ANSWER :
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by Honchoslim16(m): 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2023
A Christian is someone who is being brainwashed right from childhood....believing the sky daddy is sending his son for the second time to take along the righteous ones

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Christian? by paxonel(m): 1:01pm On Feb 19, 2023
We are all Christians by our faith or religion.
Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Faith is like a group having it members being saved irrespective of what they do.
As many of the group of Israelites who lifted up their eyes unto the serpent in the wilderness were saved automatically or instantly

If you were born into the Christian faith by virture of the fact that your parents are Christians , then you are Christian and are saved automatically because Jesus is the only way.

If you were converted from other religions into Christianity you are saved automatically.

The only thing that will deprive you of your salvation is when you have denounced the Christian faith or religion to have faith in religions other than Christianity such as Islam, Judaism, atheism, Buddhism, etc
Re: Who Is A Christian? by AntiChristian: 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2023
paxonel:

Faith is like a group having it members being saved irrespective of what they do.
As many of the group of Israelites who lifted up their eyes unto the serpent in the wilderness were saved automatically or instantly

If you were born into the Christian faith by virture of the fact that your parents are Christians , then you are Christian and are saved automatically because Jesus is the only way.

If you were converted from other religions into Christianity you are saved automatically.

The only thing that will deprive you of your salvation is when you have denounced the Christian faith or religion to have faith in religions other than Christianity such as Islam, Judaism, atheism, Buddhism, etc

This is false! Jesus's father, mother and Jesus himself were never Christians! They didn't practice Christianity as you guys do! They didn't even read the New testament you have today!

Jesus met many people and never for once did he preached Christianity!
Jesus wined and dined with sinners without preaching Christianity!

You pinning salvation on Christianity is an innovation that came long after Jesus!

That's why we say Jesus will deny you all when he comes back towards the end of time..

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by MightySparrow: 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
AntiChristian:

This is false! Jesus's father, mother and Jesus himself were never Christians! They didn't practice Christianity as you guys do! They didn't even read the New testament you have today!

You pinning salvation on Christianity is an innovation that came long after Jesus!

That's why we say Jesus will deny you all when he comes back towards the end of time..

Lẹt person hear word.

Confused Muslim saying that Jesus was a Muslim
Moses and the priests did ablution.
Jesus wrote on the ground Quranic verses
Solomon bowed down to do Muslim prayer.

Jesus is the promised holy spirit.

Muslims Can lie !!
Re: Who Is A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2023
The title "CHRISTIANS" was first pronounced in an ancient city called Antioch {Act 11:26} so it doesn't apply to an individual but a group of people PRACTICING WHAT JESUS OF NAZARETH COMMANDED THEM TO CONTINUE DOING AS HIS WITNESSES AFTER HIS DEPARTURE FROM PLANET EARTH! Act1:8

Therefore an individual can be rightly called a Christian if he's part of the group practicing what Jesus taught along with the other members of the group {1Corinthians 1:10 compare to John 17:22} failure to join the group in practicing what Jesus commanded means he or she is no longer qualified to be called one of them! Hebrews 10:24-26 smiley
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Solocoin: 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2023
AntiChristian:

When you don't know something it becomes a problem because you're finding fault to prove a point. Let me school you, the bible say believers were first call Christian in Antioch that is in Act 11:26. The didn't call theirselves the name but it was those who didn't believe in Christ in call them the name to fulfill the prophecy of Isaiah when God say he will give them a new name.Isaiah 62:2
And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Now Christian means followers of Christ or those practicing the teaching of Christ. Christ is the epitome of Christianity. Just like Followers of Mohammed is call Muslim.
The bible in Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
I believe this will answer your questions.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by xproducer: 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2023
itu404:
Is it not being baptized either as a baby or even by immersion?
Is it not how much you can quote the bible or know a lot of verses by heart?
Is it not your winning a lot of trophies for your youth body each time you go out for debate?
Is it not having a famous pastor as your spiritual father or mother?
Is it not getting a degree in theology or going further?
Is it not teaching a Sunday school or getting a job as a Christian religion teacher?
It is not being a church leader?
Is it not being close to the pastor?
And have received a lot of awards from the board of deacon?
Surely it is keeping the house of God cleaned always for worship?
Being a good and regular thither for the past decades?
Having their highest monitory contribution each time, there is a need arising in the church
Bought a car gift for your pastor during his 50th birthday
Appointed head of elders to build a huge orphanage as part of the church ministry?
Donated a parcel of land to the church?
Sponsor the pastor’s television ministry through your organization as part of the church vision to reach the world?
Gave a scholarship to some deserving students in the church.
All the above is no.
THIS IS THE ANSWER :
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

+++++++

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:24-26

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." - John 1:12-13

GOD is the only Holy One Who can truly make a sinner (all have sinned - Romans 3:23)... a Christian / true believer in the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST

"Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." - Ezekiel 36:25-26
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
Christianity! Hmmm! Please, my christian brothrens, l am not out to condemn anybody but to reason with you. I am a Muslim and according to the book of Isaiah:' Come let us reason together said the Lord' . Honestly, no one can guide aright except Allah. I pray that Allah will guide you all (Aamin). Is Christianity a religion? Was Jesus a Christian? These are crucial questions that all Christians cannot Substantiate in the Bible. Please, i want a Christian who is conversant with his
Or her bible to answer. Tell me where Jesus said he brought a religion called christianity. Was Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses etc CHRISTIAN? Who was paul the concoctor of Christianity? Answer me first and i will reveal to you who this impostor was- using your bible as evidences and you will realise what you have not heard nor seen before in the Bible.THE HIDDEN TRUTH. THE HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2023
Kajibona:
Christianity! Hmmm! Please, my christian brothrens, l am not out to condemn anybody but to reason with you. I am a Muslim and according to the book of Isahia:' Come let us reason together said the Lord' . Honestly, no one can guide aright except Allah. I pray that Allah will guide you all (Aamin). Is Christianity a religion? Was Jesus a Christian? These are crucial questions that all Christians cannot Substantiate in the Bible. Please, i want a Christian who is conversant with his or bible to answer. Tell me where Jesus said he brought a religion called christianity. Was Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses etc CHRISTIAN? Who was paul the concoctor of Christianity? Answer me first and i will reveal to you who this impostor was- using your bible as evidences and you will realise what you have not heard nor seen before in the Bible.THE HIDDEN TRUTH. THE HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE.

What religion do you think has the qualities expected of God's people as a group?
Bible, Qur'an or any other book were written by humans so the only way to prove that it's from the true God is QUALITIES that's undeniable not just reading what is written in a book and swallowing it hook line and sinker!
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Feb 19, 2023
Solocoin:
Now Christian means followers of Christ or those practicing the teaching of Christ. Christ is the epitome of Christianity. Just like Followers of Mohammed is call Muslim.
The bible in Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
I believe this will answer your questions.
A Christian is one of the badge wearers that is the religion called Christianity, a religion steeped in the doctrines and traditions of men, lies Jesus Christ made certain to warn His followers against following. undecided

One who belongs to Jesus Christ is however described by Jesus Christ as one who lives life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ- God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36. Those who love Jesus Christ are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 23. And those who are friends of Jesus Christ are those who do as Jesus Christ says - John 15 vs 14 - not those who obey men such as their pastors and mogs instead, rejecting Jesus Christ in the process. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
Good start. Now, this is the statement that corroborates what apostle paul said in the book of Hebrews 6 v 3-4. ' Apostle Paul let us know that we should abandon the principle teachings of Jesus and lay not again the foundation of repentance from dead work and of Faith in God. THE problem in Christiandom today is Christians have abandoned the Bible and its core value teachings but following the Church and volitions of group of people who did not and do not know God but claimed to. Without the Bible, there is no Faith called Christianity. And without the Quran, there is no Islam . Do you agree?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
Kajibona:
■ Christianity! Hmmm! Please, my christian brothrens, l am not out to condemn anybody but to reason with you. I am a Muslim and according to the book of Isaiah:' Come let us reason together said the Lord' . Honestly, no one can guide aright except Allah. I pray that Allah will guide you all (Aamin).
■ Is Christianity a religion?
■ Was Jesus a Christian? These are crucial questions that all Christians cannot Substantiate in the Bible. Please, i want a Christian who is conversant with his
Or her bible to answer. Tell me where Jesus said he brought a religion called christianity.
■ Was Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses etc CHRISTIAN? Who was paul the concoctor of Christianity?
■ Answer me first and i will reveal to you who this impostor was- using your bible as evidences and you will realise what you have not heard nor seen before in the Bible.THE HIDDEN TRUTH. THE HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE.
1. But the God of Israel --- who is not Allah by the way, says only He can guide His Israel, so why would any sane Israelite or follower of Jesus Christ pretend he or she can also bow to another, Allah? undecided

2. Yes, Christianity, like every other religion out there is based on the ideas and theories of men and so it qualifies to be considered a religion. undecided

3. Jesus Christ, who is Master and Law - His followers
are those who trust and obey Him --- was absolutely not a Christian and certainly did not call His followers to the following of religion of men let alone Christianity. What He gave to them is instead a Law - the Gospel and God's Truth in God's Kingdom of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 - which He bid trust in and obey. undecided

4. Jesus Christ is God's agreement of peace promised by the God of Israel to all who are of the House of Israel - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & Ezekiel 36 vs 21 - 28. One important thing you should also note is that Jesus Christ never asked any of His followers to become as Abraham, Noah, Moses or even Paul, so it is flawed thinking to suggest it matters what all of those you mentioned did or were. undecided

5. I believe you are best focusing your enemy on deciphering the legitimacy of your own religion rather. You do not even worship the same deity so why assume that you can speak on behalf of another who you don't even belong to. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 10:48pm On Feb 19, 2023
So now Christians, this is a big cumbersome question. 'ARE YOU FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST?'
Re: Who Is A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:50pm On Feb 19, 2023
Kajibona:
Good start. Now, this is the statement that corroborates what apostle paul said in the book of Hebrews 6 v 3-4. ' Apostle Paul let us know that we should abandon the principle teachings of Jesus and lay not again the foundation of repentance from dead work and of Faith in God. THE problem in Christiandom today is Christians have abandoned the Bible and its core value teachings but following the Church and volitions of group of people who did not and do not know God but claimed to. Without the Bible, there is no Faith called Christianity. And without the Quran, there is no Islam . Do you agree?

To be candid normal humans don't need the name of any God, book or religion if we can't cohabit peacefully among ourselves.
No matter what any God, book or religion says it's worthless, hopeless and useless when those adhering to such things can't live together in peace because we all know that whenever the title "GOD" is mentioned the qualities that comes to our mind regarding the ONE we can't see but wants to relate with are LOVE JOY and PEACE.
In the absence of these qualities any God , book or religion doesn't worth considering!
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2023
Kajibona:
■ Good start. Now, this is the statement that corroborates what apostle paul said in the book of Hebrews 6 v 3-4. ' Apostle Paul let us know that we should abandon the principle teachings of Jesus and lay not again the foundation of repentance from dead work and of Faith in God.
■ THE problem in Christiandom today is Christians have abandoned the Bible and its core value teachings but following the Church and volitions of group of people who did not and do not know God but claimed to. Without the Bible, there is no Faith called Christianity. And without the Quran, there is no Islam . Do you agree?
You really need to stay away from that which you don't have understanding of so you don't continue to reveal your ignorance. undecided

1. Recall that Abraham is considered by many as a man of faith? Where, the reason why God called Abraham His friend is because Abraham trusted and obeyed God's every teachings and commandments to Him - Genesis 26 vs 1 - 6 revealing to all paying attention that a life of faith, as Abraham was said to have lived, is a life lived in continuous trust and obedience of the teachings and commandments of God. . So, the meaning applied in scripture to the word faith is different from that which you find in your dictionary and other religions. Be aware of this as you go about dissecting what is written so you don't make the mistake you seem to have made in your dissecting of the words written in the letter to the Hebrews which you also erroneously attribute to the person of Paul. undecided

3. Religion is a man-made system of controls enacted by the minority with which to wield power and control over the life of the gullible masses with. The religion of Christianity, through not based on God's Law, has its many doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2023
Let me correct you point blank. The Allah you do not know was and is the Lord of the Universe and of Israel. The writer and translater of the bible had taken you for a ride. Jesus aramaic language and colloquial language on the crosss in the book of mark and mathew was ELLEHA.: meaning Allah. As Aramaic is the twin sister of Arabic. You can confirm this online.
Also, Islam unlike Christianity is not based on the idea of men but Elleha : ALLAH.In fact, i am pleased that you admited Christianity is based on man's ideas because some fellow Christians will nail you for your assertion.
Now again, you mentioned that Jesus is the master and the Law. You did not read your bible. Book of John 13 v 16. John 14 v 15 He called ELLEHA/ ALLAH on the cross of calvary?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2023
Kajibona:
■ Let me correct you point blank. The Allah you do not know was and is the Lord of the Universe and of Israel.
■ The writer and translater of the bible had taken you for a ride. Jesus aramaic language and colloquial language on the crosss in the book of mark and mathew was ELLEHA.: meaning Allah. As Aramaic is the twin sister of Arabic. You can confirm this online.
■ Also, Islam unlike Christianity is not based on the idea of men but Elleha : ALLAH.In fact, i am pleased that you admited Christianity is based on man's ideas because some fellow Christians will nail you for your assertion.
■ Now again, you mentioned that Jesus is the master and the Law. You did not read your bible. Book of John 13 v 16. John 14 v 15 He called ELLEHA/ ALLAH on the cross of calvary?
1. Allah claims to be for all UT the God of Israel swears by His Name that Israel is His only inheritance in the land of men, so either Allah is a liar or Allah is most definitely not the God of Israel. undecided

2. These ramblings make no sense. undecided

3. Islam is based on men following the words of their many Islamic leaders who then wield power and control over their lives and minds claiming to do so on behalf of Allah, yes or no? undecided

4. I am afraid you are being terribly dishonest here. Eli or the singular Eloa(Eloi) are instead the Hebrew name for God, the title. The moment you accept that the God of Israel , YHWH, and Jesus Christ who also made it clear that He came only for the people of Israel have absolutely nothing to do with your Mohammed and Allah is probably when even Mohammed will finally begin to make more sense to you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
I heard you. But can you just prove me wrong on the claim i made that Jesus called Allah the cross of Calvary? If i am ignorant please prove me otherwise. You talked about Abraham's faith. I asked you. Was Abraham faith different from the faith the Bible preached or Jesus taught?. Exodus 20 v 2 - 17?
I called Paul an impostor. Why do not you ask for my prove? Now, i want to ask you a question, tell me how one can gain eternal life accordind to your faith that is SO exclusive?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 11:53pm On Feb 19, 2023
I await your response to my question.For i know some truth will metamorphose and some things will be clarified as well. I throw you the question again how do you get SALVATION as a Christian?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 12:09am On Feb 20, 2023
Kajibona:
■ I heard you. But can you just prove me wrong on the claim i made that Jesus called Allah the cross of Calvary? If i am ignorant please prove me otherwise. You talked about Abraham's faith.
■ I asked you. Was Abraham faith different from the faith the Bible preached or Jesus taught?. Exodus 20 v 2 - 17?
■ I called Paul an impostor. Why do not you ask for my prove?
■ Now, i want to ask you a question, tell me how one can gain eternal life accordind to your faith that is SO exclusive?
1. What Jesus Christ said on the cross can be found written in Psalm 22 vs 1 where David called on God of Israel in much the same way. undecided

2. As I always explained faith refers to the living of one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's teachings and commandments. That is the one mandate given by God to men since the beginning. - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all of Israel. Even Jesus Christ taught all of His followers that that is the only way in the Kingdom of God. undecided

3. I don't care for your proof because it doesn't matter. undecided

4. Well, to gain eternal life, you must first have the blood of Jacob coursing through your beings from your birth. Second, as Jesus Christ made clear, you have to believe in Jesus Christ and no, believing in Jesus Christ does not imply simply mentally acknowledging His existence. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:19am On Feb 20, 2023
paxonel:

Paitor, we are not all Christians. What kinda of talk is that?

Why not answer the Op with your own views as regards what he raised, must you bring Islam into everything?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 12:31am On Feb 20, 2023
See how you have judged yourslf. Even before the day of judgement. God called ISRAEL HIS INHERITANCE, YOU ARE NOT A JEW.So, you are not part of God's inheritance. In truth, Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of house of Isreal. In the book of mathew and he prophesied that a comforter will come to teach and guide the people in all truth...He - as in Masculine gender. In the book of John. This is to affirm that Jesus was not sent to world ; unlike prophet muhammed. Also, note, that the Quran was revealed through divination as opposed to historical fallacies found in the bible- the writings of men as you have conceeded.
If you do not have manual how do you operate?. Thus to answer that there is need for guidance for men to follow on planet earth that will give us that peace, joy and love that metamorphose to eternal peace- we need a guide. We need faith . We need Religion. If people of this time get exposed to the right ISLAM, the world will be at peace. ISLAM means SUBMISSION to the will of Allah. Having peace within yourself, your neighbours and be in peace with God.
Our christian brethrens were quoting YHWH, ELLOI and so on , they do not know the origin of these words transilitrated? . I stand my ground firmly that Allah, Elleha and Elloi are but the same person; Allah.
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 12:56am On Feb 20, 2023
Kajibona:
■ I await your response to my question.For i know some truth will metamorphose and some things will be clarified as well. I throw you the question again how do you get SALVATION as a Christian?
1. Salvation in Jesus Christ is actually via several steps.

First, only those who are of the blood of Israel can be saved by Jesus Christ. The eternal salvation promised by God applies only to those who are of the House of Israel.

Next, as Jesus Christ made clear in His teachings, Salvation involves several steps by which one makes oneself worthy of Him.
■ direct steps taken to change from following of the Old Covenant Law of Moses to following of the New Covenant Law and Truth, Jesus Christ, and water baptism as a sign of this.
■ Eating of the body and drinking of the blood of Jesus Christ to bind oneself to the agreement that is God's New Covenant and Law
■ Become Born of spirit, an eternal being
■ Abandon everything- family, friends, career, property, reputation,etc. - in other to save ones life
■ Accepting the Kingdom of God as a child would...
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 1:10am On Feb 20, 2023
Kajibona:
■ See how you have judged yourslf. Even before the day of judgement. God called ISRAEL HIS INHERITANCE, YOU ARE NOT A JEW.So, you are not part of God's inheritance.
In truth, Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of house of Isreal. In the book of mathew and he prophesied that a comforter will come to teach and guide the people in all truth...He - as in Masculine gender. In the book of John.
This is to affirm that Jesus was not sent to world ; unlike prophet muhammed. Also, note, that the Quran was revealed through divination as opposed to historical fallacies found in the bible- the writings of men as you have conceeded.
■ If you do not have manual how do you operate?. Thus to answer that there is need for guidance for men to follow on planet earth that will give us that peace, joy and love that metamorphose to eternal peace- we need a guide.
■ We need faith . We need Religion. If people of this time get exposed to the right ISLAM, the world will be at peace. ISLAM means SUBMISSION to the will of Allah. Having peace within yourself, your neighbours and be in peace with God.
■ Our christian brethrens were quoting YHWH, ELLOI and so on , they do not know the origin of these words transilitrated? . I stand my ground firmly that Allah, Elleha and Elloi are but the same person; Allah.
1. Let's assume for a second that I am truly not a Jew, is that then some of reason why I should deny the Truth as revealed by the God of Israel? undecided

2. The comforter that Jesus Christ spoke of He named as the very same Spirit of Truth who lives inside of His Person - John 14 vs 15 - 27 & John 15 vs 25 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. I can clearly see you have never actually read of the one Jesus Christ promised to send for yourself since what regurgitate here reads exactly as that spewed by those equally ignorant of what is in fact written of the one who Jesus Christ said would be sent by the Father. undecided

3. Well, whoever sent Jesus Christ did not send Mohammed. This we know for a fact since the one who sent Jesus Christ also said His only inheritance in the land of men is Israel and Israel alone. undecided

Also, I never said your Quran is anything different from the doctrines and traditions of men. So try not to shove words in my mouth. undecided

4. I am not of the religion called Christianity. I am rather a follower of Jesus Christ , one who clings to every Word and Truth as proclaimed by none other than Jesus Christ. And as I made clear several posts ago, Jesus Christ is God's Law which His followers are meant to live in continuous submission and obedience to, the live of faith they are called to. undecided

5. I don't see how by submitting to doctrines and rules designed in the minds of equally mortal men can give you what you refer to as eternal peace. undecided

6. The origin of those Words are clearly known. Only you seem to think that by your distractions you can somehow change that. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 1:25am On Feb 20, 2023
PASTOR, i can see you are well versed in your quotations and outlinings. And, i am really enjoying debating with you.please note that this is not antagonism but we following the word of the bible; john 8 v 32. You shall know the truth.... i really appreciate you.
Now, i asked you how to gain eternal life in Christendom and you answered by contradicting the Bible and Jesus Himself. Let us look at the book of luke 18 v 19, Mathew 19 v 17 - 21 and Mark 10 v 18
Jesus was asked the same question you are asked but He answered the rich man to follow God's COMMANDMENTS. Jesus did not mention Baptism, Drinking of his blood, Eating of his flesh and what have you. The Mosaic Law you said should be abandoned was what Jesus RECOMMENDED.
According to the bible , the rich man was asked to sell his belongings and follow jesus because if he does so, aside having eternal life, he would also have wealth in the kingdom of God. The primary Criteria is follow God's COMMANDMENT. PLEASE, REFER TO THE BOOK OF MATHEW CHAPTER 5 VERSE 17 - 20

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 2:01am On Feb 20, 2023
Kajibona:
PASTOR, i can see you are well versed in your quotations and outlinings. And, i am really enjoying debating with you.please note that this is not antagonism but we following the word of the bible; john 8 v 32. You shall know the truth.... i really appreciate you.
■ Now, i asked you how to gain eternal life in Christendom and you answered by contradicting the Bible and Jesus Himself. Let us look at the book of luke 18 v 19, Mathew 19 v 17 - 21 and Mark 10 v 18
Jesus was asked the same question you are asked but He answered the rich man to follow God's COMMANDMENTS.
■ Jesus did not mention Baptism, Drinking of his blood, Eating of his flesh and what have you. The Mosaic Law you said should be abandoned was what Jesus RECOMMENDED. According to the bible , the rich man was asked to sell his belongings and follow jesus because if he does so, aside having eternal life, he would also have wealth in the kingdom of God. The primary Criteria is follow God's COMMANDMENT. PLEASE, REFER TO THE BOOK OF MATHEW CHAPTER 5 VERSE 17 - 20
1. The Truth indicated in tye passage that is John 8 vs 31 - 36 - refers to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ -- He, Jesus Christ, is the Way, the Life and the Truth - John 14 vs 6. undecided

2. What I said does not in anyway contradict Jesus Christ. What is instead confused by it is your understanding. God's commandments includes abandoning family, friends, career, etc. in order to obtain eternal salvation there are several steps indicated by Jesus Christ which are scattered across several of His teachings so to know the Truth means to compile of His teachings together to grasp it. What Jesus Christ told the the rich young man He also made clear to His own followers prior to that recorded in Matthew 19. undecided

3. Jesus Christ didn't need to mention baptism everytime He spoke of eternal life, did He? So why assume that because it isn't mentioned every time means it is not as important as every other commandment in the Law. In Matthew 5 vs 17 - 19, Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that every commandment in the Law is to be obeyed if one is to be saved. undecided

4. First of all, I never the Mosaic Law should be abandoned. Instead, that Law was given as the Constitution to the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan by God who then rendered all of Israel unable to live by that Law when He cursed the last of them about 2000 years ago. So, again, don't shove your thoughts into my mouth. undecided

Also, don't shove your thoughts into the mouth of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ never mentioned the Law of Moses in the context of that Matthew 19 discussion. Yes, the rich man mentioned following the Law and Jesus Christ responded by adding details from God's New Law/agreement which was meant to be the source of Eternal Salvation, something no man could obtain from following of the Old Law. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 2:06am On Feb 20, 2023
My pastor! You are the one contradicting yourself. You are going back and forth. You do not believe in the writings and doctrine of men and yet you are quoting the Bible and yet you want me to read every nook and cranny of the writings of men. Now, i feel like schooling you.
Let me start like this. It is an irrefutable evidence that the Bible is full of historical fallacies, Contradictions, phantasmagorias and what have you.The Bible was written 40, 60 and 90 A.D After the demise of Jesus. Jesus did not witness a single verse in of the bible and writers in truth are obscured. Unlike the Glorious QURIAN Which was revealed to Muhammed while he was still alive. Allah promised that he revealed the Qurian and he would protect it himself from corruption
That is why you will not see fallacies, CONTRADICTIONS that plague the bible in the QURIAN. Now i want to disabuse your minds. Angel Gebriel whom was sent to the prophets was sent everytime there was a revelation was sent to the prophet Mohammed and immediately these revelations were copied down and also crammed for preservations and after the demise of the prophet, the Qurian was compiled : the divine Law of God : which taught about past prophets including Jesus. I bet you, the day you pick up the Qurian, you will see the reality of devine guidance; by the grace of Ellaha. Sorry, Allah is what you are familiar with.
Besides, i ask you again what laws or Commandments are you following that Jesus thought which is different from the mosaic law which jesus taught himself or the quotations i gave you are not in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Feb 20, 2023
Kajibona:
■ My pastor! You are the one contradicting yourself. You are going back and forth. You do not believe in the writings and doctrine of men and yet you are quoring the Bible and yet you want me to read every nook and cranny of the writings of men. Now, i feel like schooling you.
■ Let me start like this. It is an irrefutable evidence that the Bible is full of historical fallacies, Contradictions, phantasmagorians and what have you.The Bible was written 40, 60 and 90 A.D After the demise of Jesus. Jesus did not witness a single verse in of the bible and writers in truth are obscured.
■ Unlike the Glorious QURIAN Which was revealed to Muhammed while he was still alive. Allah promised that he revealed the Qurian and he would protect it himself from corruption That is why you will not see fallacies, CONTRADICTIONS that plague the bible in the QURIAN. Now i want to disabuse your minds. Angel Gebriel whom was sent to the prophets was sent everytime there was a revelation was sent to the prophet Mohammed and immediately these revelations werw copy down and also crammed for preservations and after the demise of the prophet, the Qurian was compiled : the divine Law of God : which taught about past prophets including Jesus.
■ I bet you, the day you pick up the Qurian, you will see the reality of devine guidance; by the grace of Ellaha. Sorry, Allah is what you are familiar with.
■ Besides, i ask you again what laws or Commandments are you following that Jesus thought which is different from the mosaic law which jesus taught himself or the quotations i gave you are not in the bible?
1. I see I am having a discussion with someone to whom I have to spell each and everything clearly out to. undecided

Religion is compiled of the theories and rules concocted by men, and is a tool used by men to control the minds and lives of other men who bow to their ideas. One who is a follower of Jesus Christ is not lead or manipulated by men as the one and only authority over such a one is Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. Those who are of religion have over them their pastors and popes and imams who they look to for counseling, for guidance, etc. That is the major difference between serving God and serving Religion. undecided

2. Unlike your Quran which claims to be written by your Allah, Scripture consists of books written by humans, in human language, for human consumption and processing by human minds, so it is expected that you are bound to find that which appears contradictory in it. God, who chose Israel for His Inheritance, also chose to use men to pen down His Words and Law in His Wisdom.. undecided

Even after almost 2000 years and many translations, His Law, Jesus Christ, has not changed, neither has the details of His Old Law of Moses, despite it all having been penned down by the hands of men.. undecided

3. I have in fact picked up and read your Quran in the past while searching for God and found it not to my taste.

And one thing I know for a fact is the Word Eli/Eloi doesn't share the same roots with the word Allah even though you desperately think you can make them so. undecided

4. God Himself promised a New Law to the House of Jacob. That New Law is Jesus Christ, the very Law all who are followers of Jesus Christ are called to live by hence the reason why Jesus Christ repeated severally that His followers are those who obey Him and do as He says. lipsrsealed

If you are not aware of the new agreement promised by the God of Israel, then may I suggest you go back to reading the book. undecided
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 3:46am On Feb 20, 2023
As i said earlier, you are really intresting to debate with ; appreciate you. Now you said Elloi and Elaha are not the same as Allah. Please, disprove this by telling us the name for God in Aramaic.
Also, you said Jesus commanded abandoning ones family to gain eternal life( please do not say words are shoved in your mouth) . Can you please mention eminent pastors or Christ followers who have like you have abandoned their properties let alone family; including youself.
Also, you showed a kind of hypocracy when you admitted that God touched men to write the Bible but not the Qurian. Now here is the Chanllenge. I will give 2 Contradictions in the bible that you cannot explain; except ambguity. If truly The Bible was written under inspirations. 1.The book of Hebrews say that ' THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD IS WISER THAN MAN AND THE WEAKNESS OF GOD IS STRONGER THAN MAN' Can God be foolish? This what Apostle paul called God. 2. The book of Mathew 27 v 51 told us one of its historical fallacies; it says that' THE CLOTH OF THE TEMPLE WAS RENDERED AND THE GRAVES OPENED AND THE DEAD SAINTS ALL CAME OUT OF THIER GRAVES. THEY WENT INTO THE CITY AND SHOW THEMSELVES TO THE PEOPLE' Please, what happened to these dead people afterwards?
Likewise, you said jesus brought new covenant and that is what will give eternal life. Now the question is, what happened to those that followed only Mosaic Laws? Do not forget. Jesus is the only way and the life, NO ONE comes to the father except through him. Then, last but not the least tell us whom you worship. JESUS OR GOD? And who gave these new Laws you claim : to be new convenants.
'

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kajibona: 4:09am On Feb 20, 2023
I know you said Jesus is the new LAW. But i asked you again to affirm. So that there will be no ambiguity in defending your thought. Thanks.
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Feb 20, 2023
Kajibona:
■ As i said earlier, you are really intresting to debate with ; appreciate you. Now you said Elloi and Elaha are not the same as Allah. Please, disprove this by telling us the name for God in Aramaic.
■ Also, you said Jesus commanded abandoning ones family to gain eternal life( please do not say words are shoved in your mouth) . Can you please mention eminent pastors or Christ followers who have like you have abandoned their properties let alone family; including youself.
■ Also, you showed a kind of hypocracy when you admitted that God touched men to write the Bible but not the Qurian.
■ Now here is the Chanllenge. I will give 2 Contradictions in the bible that you cannot explain; except ambguity. If truly The Bible was written under inspirations. 1.The book of Hebrews say that ' THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD IS WISER THAN MAN AND THE WEAKNESS OF GOD IS STRONGER THAN MAN' Can God be foolish? This what Apostle paul called God.
■ 2. The book of Mathew 27 v 51 told us one of its historical fallacies; it says that' THE CLOTH OF THE TEMPLE WAS RENDERED AND THE GRAVES OPENED AND THE DEAD SAINTS ALL CAME OUT OF THIER GRAVES. THEY WENT INTO THE CITY AND SHOW THEMSELVES TO THE PEOPLE' Please, what happened to these dead people afterwards?
■ Likewise, you said jesus brought new covenant and that is what will give eternal life. Now the question is, what happened to those that followed only Mosaic Laws? Do not forget. Jesus is the only way and the life, NO ONE comes to the father except through him. Then, last but not the least tell us whom you worship. JESUS OR GOD? And who gave these new Laws you claim : to be new convenants.'
1. Stop with the incessant attempts to twist scripture and my words. For the umpteenth time, the words Eli and Eloi/Eloa do not mean nor have the same roots as your Elleha or Ellaha or Allah. And the God of Israel is not the same as your Allah, nor does Jesus Christ who is of Israel alone connected to your Allah. undecided

2. The Truth of God exists outside of what men do or hold to. Why do you ask me for name of men as if to suggest that your idea is that a deities words are validated by the actions of men? undecided

3. Stop putting words in my mouth in your attempt to steer this discussion in ways it ought not to. My telling you that God used men in no way means God touched said men, so stop with these desperate attempts to shove your personal confusion into my mouth. undecided

4. Look, as I already explained as clearly as I could to you earlier, Scripture consists of books written by humans, in human language, for human consumption and processing by human minds, so it is expected that you are bound to find that which appears contradictory. If your human mind is unable to grasp the reason for the comparisons made in that there which is a figurative comparison, then maybe your mind should work instead on understanding the various aspects of figurative comparisons as far as human language is concerned. undecided

5. Matthew's story is Matthew's story. I wasn't there so I don't know nor can I vouch for Matthew's claim. undecided

6. Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 5 vs 17 - 19 what happened to the Old Covenant. Nothing! Again, you clearly have no understanding as far as what a National Constitution is and how once persons no longer reside or are welcomed back into the jurisdiction of the Constitution, it can and should no longer apply as instead the Law of the New Kingdom becomes the overarching Constitution over their lives. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Gospel Of Judas - Any Thoughts And Comments?! / The World Will End In 2012 / Is The Teaching of HellFire Wright!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.