Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area (408 Views)

10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC / Nigeria Going Back To 1980 – Sanusi / General Attahiru’s Death: Nigeria Going Through Difficult Time – US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by FuckYourFather(f): 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2023
I think we are gradually been dragged into a cashless economy in Nigeria, they've mopped up our old monies and the new money is extremely scarce.
I was just strolling in the area on Saturday and market is almost empty, people are not buying and selling like before because of no cash to buy (don't even mention transfer)
i went to buy raw rice and tried to transfer the money but it was declined, I was instantly debited, i left without the rice.
i went to another place too and transferred but the woman just called me today that she have seen the money i should come and carry my rice.

Luckily for me my aboki was using my bank so i quiickly bought lime, onions, pepper and ginger i transferred and he got it imediately.
i finally bought 5k naira for #800 at the pos which is a very good deal (new notes) i plan to hold and safeguard this 5k till end of the week.

i noticed that some old women and some people inside the area were not collecting transfer, they are probably scared of what they don't understand, you better wake up if una want to sell

The banks should work hard to fix this issue of network cause a lot of people are doing transfer right now and you cannot come and seize person money in the air for hours or days, not fair at all.

Cashless poilicy is a welcome development but Nigeria do not have network to run it.
Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by gift2xl: 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2023
It's terrible.
Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by yarimo(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2023
But I thought it affects TINUBU only na
FuckYourFather:
I think we are gradually been dragged into a cashless economy in Nigeria, they've mopped up our old monies and the new money is extremely scarce.
I was just strolling in the area on Saturday and market is almost empty, people are not buying and selling like before because of no cash to buy (don't even mention transfer)
i went to buy raw rice and tried to transfer the money but it was declined, I was instantly debited, i left without the rice.
i went to another place too and transferred but the woman just called me today that she have seen the money i should come and carry my rice.

Luckily for me my aboki was using my bank so i quiickly bought lime, onions, pepper and ginger i transferred and he got it imediately.
i finally bought 5k naira for #800 at the pos which is a very good deal (new notes) i plan to hold and safeguard this 5k till end of the week.

i noticed that some old women and some people inside the area were not collecting transfer, they are probably scared of what they don't understand, you better wake up if una want to sell

The banks should work hard to fix this issue of network cause a lot of people are doing transfer right now and you cannot come and seize person money in the air for hours or days, not fair at all.

Cashless poilicy is a welcome development but Nigeria do not have network to run it.

2 Likes

Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by yarimo(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2023
gift2xl:
It's terrible.
Terrible how? After all the policy affect TINUBU only na

2 Likes

Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by gift2xl: 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2023
yarimo:
Terrible how? After all the policy affect TINUBU only na

grin

1 Like

Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by jyz200(m): 1:25pm On Feb 19, 2023
I don’t understand the situation here some are collecting it , at an higher price , some are not
Everyone choose to do what he or she deem right, so much confusion in the land

THE POLICY IS GOOD BUT WRONG TIMING AND IMPLEMENTATION
BUHARI needs to explain the sudden enactment of the policy when he could have done it before 2019 election.
THE QUESTION IS WHY NOW ?
Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by Aldol: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2023
Cash is everywhere , we are enjoying the policy. Only Tinubu is affected by this policy....i even want all banks to shutdown from tomorrow so it can affect Tinubu more

1 Like

Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by Parachoko: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2023
The policy dey only affect Tulumbu for my area

E dey touch Tulumbu wotowoto

1 Like

Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by Aldol: 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2023
gift2xl:
It's terrible.

Obi urchin no going back. We are all enjoying it. Na only Tinubu e affect

1 Like

Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by Tobest150(m): 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2023
This is why every business, no matter how small, should get a POS terminal for fast and seamless payment processing.

No doubt, Nigeria is slowly going cashless, and this will greatly affect businesses that still accept cash as the only payment option.

Get a POS terminal now to stay ahead of any development.

Free delivery & Pay on delivery - Lagos only

Call / WhatsApp / DM:
0️⃣7️⃣0️⃣3️⃣9️⃣5️⃣1️⃣3️⃣8️⃣5️⃣7️⃣

Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by nedu666: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2023
yarimo:

His reply to you is his username
Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by gift2xl: 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2023
Aldol:

Obi urchin no going back. We are all enjoying it. Na only Tinubu e affect

Welcome onboard.
Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by phorget(m): 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2023
yarimo:

ASUU was on strike for good eight months and it did not affect Tilumbu, Nigerians been going through hunger and death and it did not affect Tilumbu so why would the cashless policy affect him now?
Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by JoeNL22(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2023
FuckYourFather:

Horrible....but we thank God. Aboki is collecting transfer 100 naira to shine my shoe and if I want to buy 200 naira sumtin I will use ussd to transfer the money, I will add charges of 50 naira to it. Either ways....we don dey become cashless small-small.
#WeMove!

Re: How Is This Issue Of No Cash In Nigeria Going On In Your Area by Obaaderemi2: 9:03pm On Feb 22, 2023
FuckYourFather:

No, it's not cashless policy. What Buhari did is called demonitizatiion. He did the same nonsense in 1984. Or was that cashless policy too in 1984?

We are Africa's biggest market in terms of cashless economy at least in terms of number of transactions and volume of money in dollar terms. So we've been having a cashless economy before now buying and selling on several online and ussd platforms. What the idiot did is just a mopping up of cash thinking he is fighting corrupt politicians like he did in 1984. We're just lucky we have a sort of partial cashless economy running already because he would still have brought the same demonitizatiion policy even if we had no option of getting money online or from atm or POS.

(1) (Reply)

You Come To Nigeria To Vote Atiku Abubakar? / APC Blames Labour Party, PDP For Unfairly Trolling Tinubu / Disregard Any Claim That Southern Kaduna People Endorse Atiku!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.