Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 (4125 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Chelsea: 83% (36 votes)
Bayer Leverkusen: 6% (3 votes)
Draw: 9% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Bayer Leverkusen Vs Manchester United UCL (0 - 5) On 27th November 2013 / Manchester United Vs Bayer Leverkusen: UCL (4 - 2) On 17th Sept 2013 / UCL: Barcelona Vs Bayer Leverkusen (7 - 1) On March 7th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by mukina2: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2011
PROBABLE LINEUPS

CHELSEA
Cech Bosingwa, Terry, Ivanovic, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Meireles,Mata,  Anelka, Sturridge

BAYER LEVERKUSEN
Leno,Reinartz, Toprak, Kadlec,Castro,Rolfes, Ballack, Bender, Augusto, Sam, Kiessling

Michael Ballack today admitted he would forever be haunted by Chelsea's Champions League final loss to Manchester United but was ready to inflict more misery on his former club tomorrow night.

Ballack is set to play at Stamford Bridge for the first time since leaving the Blues just over a year ago when Bayer Leverkusen begin their Group E campaign against the Blues.

The 34-year-old has the unique honour of being the only man to play in the biggest game in both clubs' history, inspiring Leverkusen to the 2002 Champions League final before starting for Chelsea in the 2008 showpiece.

Unfortunately, the midfielder ended up on the losing side on both occasions, but it was perhaps the penalty shootout heartache in Moscow that was the more difficult defeat to take, with Ballack today saying: "It will haunt all of us for ever.''

Former Germany captain Ballack, who turns 35 this month, will receive a special presentation from Chelsea in recognition of his four years' service before kick-off tomorrow night.

He said: "The presentation is a very nice gesture and it will be a very emotional moment for me tomorrow.

"There are still a few players there and some who left in the meantime who I am still friends with and whom I am still in touch with, and also a few of the staff.

"When I moved to Chelsea, it was a big, big challenge and experience for me at the time to play with so many good players.

"If I look back, I had a very good time. I feel always welcomed by the fans and the club. They treat me always very well and we had success.

"We missed a few chances, but we had some successes and I will remember this always and it is a big part of my career.''

Bundesliga runners-up Leverkusen will be underdogs tomorrow but Ballack said: "It is just a game of football, although we are aware there are some big names on the other side.

"We will have our chances.''

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas may not field his first-choice XI with Sunday's Barclays Premier League trip to Old Trafford on the horizon.

"You'll see some changes tomorrow. Then we'll make wise decisions for Sunday,'' said Villas-Boas, whose big decision once again revolves around whether or not to select Fernando Torres.

Daniel Sturridge certainly did enough to start alongside or instead of the misfiring Spaniard in Saturday's Barclays Premier League win at Sunderland, although Villas-Boas was reluctant to lavish praise on the 22-year-old.

He said: "He had a three-game ban and has just returned, and he had motivation to have an impact in that game. It was the team, also, who made him perform to that level.''

Didier Drogba will miss tomorrow's game as he continues his recovery from his sickening head injury.

Match
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by executinal(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2011
I predict 3 0, Chelsea 3 Bayer Leverkusen 0, both goals coming from Anelka and Sturridge, Chelsea all the way cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by Rafaell(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2011
Ohhh, not again !! Why Lampard again ?!
Why cant AVB play Mikel bhind Ramires & Mata, atleast 4a change, knowin hw impotant d UCL is 2us dis season? This Englishman status of Lampard's draging us dwn d bluuuueeez; de earlier d coach taks a decision on him, d beta, cos ds de last chanc 4d curent crop of Bridge boys 2tak a grab @dt most coveted Trophy. Pass ds time, and Roman Babal'owo gona kick al 'em as.ses straight dwn 2 Qatar, Malysia, UAE & d rest o'them no-futbal leagues
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by pendusky(m): 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
AVB team wins, and its stands,
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by 1025: 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2011
mukiwa,
please go and look for another line up for chelsea.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2011
Blue is the color of the sky.

Navy blue is the color of my jeans.

Blue is the color of the earth

And is part of our Nation's flag.

It is the color of my club,
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
Chelsea for life. . . . . .
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by Walala(m): 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2011
Lampard is a waste of space in Chelsea midfield and I really hope that this is his last season at Chelsea. We should have sold him to Madrid when Mourinho wanted him.

Torres just released a statement saying our midfield is too slow and old and I agree with him; If we want our 50 million pound man to score, then we need a play maker to pass the DAMN ball to him.

Starting line up should be:
Cech, A.Cole, Terry, Luiz, Ivanovic

Mikel, Ramirez and Mireles

Mata Torres Anelka

Chelsea win 3 1
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by bigfather(m): 7:36am On Sep 13, 2011
Chei ! LAMPARD AGAIN ?! Na war o! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
Walala:

Lampard is a waste of space in Chelsea midfield and I really hope that this is his last season at Chelsea. We should have sold him to Madrid when Mourinho wanted him.

Torres just released a statement saying our midfield is too slow and old and I agree with him; If we want our 50 million pound man to score, then we need a play maker to pass the DAMN ball to him.

Starting line up should be:
Cech, A.Cole, Terry, Luiz, Ivanovic

Mikel, Ramirez and Mireles

Mata Torres Anelka

Chelsea win 3 1

Rubbish. . . . If torres really said that then he is absolutely a disgrace. . What happens to inesta and xavi while he is playing for spain? how come stikers like david villa and messi score when playing with those players? That dude is making go mad now. . . . He should never say that again angry angry angry
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2011
i love my club
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by islamrules(m): 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2011
Why cant they bench this lampard. Chelsea is going to be playing 10 men squad + 1 short one.

They should be benching Lamp in crusial games. Afterall, there are still more games to play.

Na by force to play Lamp ? Josh MAc is rotten on the bench.

They wanted to buy Neyman or modric. So, are they planning to put these talents on bench for Lampard ?

once Chelsea leave politics out of football, they will win something.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by toyyib1: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
up blues, for life
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
Go Leverkusen
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by mufasa(m): 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
link
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by georgee(m): 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2011
link pls?
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by moonraker(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2011
And we have a goal from a defender again,

Torres still a waste of space,
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by moonraker(m): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2011
See the difference anelka makes when he comes in,
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by buzcenter: 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2011
imagine that.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by airmark(m): 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2011
2-0 Toress ----- Mata grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by moonraker(m): 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2011
airmark:

2-0 Toress ----- Mata grin grin grin

Erm while i would want to agree with that, i would think that a 50m pound man would try to get

a goal for himself, How much does aguero cost?? less than 50m yeah??
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Go Leverkusen angry

go where ? chelsea is kickin their butt big time. tongue
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by airmark(m): 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
moonraker:

Erm while i would want to agree with that, i would think that a 50m pound man would try to get

a goal for himself, How much does aguero cost?? less than 50m yeah??

Bros e tire me too o. At times his game almost made me to vomit but with time he will come with his goals too. Two assists aint bad today. grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by software(m): 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2011
Chelsea for life oooooooooooo
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2011
smiley :d smiley cool ;d
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by amblors(m): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2011
Torres probably waiting for Luiz to score a second goal before he scores his second.
some might say the assist was from torres,
who knows where the ball would have ended if both of their roles were reversed.

Good win for blues though.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by Ninilowo(m): 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2011
All this one na soso oyibo. KANO PILLARS ALL D WAY
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by Chaldook(m): 12:33am On Sep 14, 2011
Chelsea rocks, they do'nt take shit and they get the job done, good work again.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 7:46am On Sep 14, 2011
smiley
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Bayer Leverkusen (2 - 0) On September 13th 2011 by Kx: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2011
With this Torres guy getting close to Mata more than every other team mates, he will destroy d bond in the dressing room. Offloading him to Ac Milan will be the best thing to do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Manchester United V Barcelona Ucl Final Prediction Contest: Prize $100! / Seun The Psychic He-goat Predicts Manchester United will win English title (EPL) / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.