Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,686 members, 7,865,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:00 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 63. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 63. (146 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Announces 63-Day Fasting For RCCG 2021 / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 63. by PastorSomba(m): 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 63.

Hebrews 11:1, 6 (KJV) "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

63. The evidence of faith are those scriptures that personalize the promises and blessings of God to you. For example to be saved you must believe in your heart that Jesus died for you and accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour. According to John 3:16 Jesus came for the salvation of the world. His coming and dying for the world is only a substance of hope for salvation. But that will not save you unless you find an evidence of scriptures that tells you salvation belongs to you personally. It does not matter how holy you live, how long you pray and beg God and how much of your sins you confess, you can't be saved. Only finding the evidence and personalising it as required in Romans chapter ten will save you. Romans 10:9-10,13 (KJV) "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation...... For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Most of the times evidence of faith come in past tense meaning it is already done. They also carry such words like 'Whosoever' making it personal and available to all to receive. The law was not of faith because it was not personalised and it was not available to all men but only to the nation of Israel. While the covenant of the law was corporate with all Israel, but the new covenant is personal with Christ. Only what is available personally to you can be received by faith. Faith is always personal. God cannot give you what belongs to someone else or what belongs to all of us together as that will be coveteousness. Except of course a father or mother's faith can stand for their young children and a Master's faith can stand for his servant because they are under their authority but only in limited area such as healing but not salvation.

So the evidence of faith is the personalisation and taking possession of a promise or blessing that it is already yours now. For example all power and authority has been given to us in Christ Jesus so we can command even the mountains. Mark 11:23-24 (KJV) "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." A story or account of healing in the bible or a testimony is not an evidence that you are already healed. You must get the specific word of God that tells you it is already yours and stand on that. It is standing on such scripture that is called faith. For example in John 4:50 and Mark 7:29-30 Jesus gave specific words upon which the Noble man and the Syropheonecian woman based their faith to receive healing for the servant and the daughter respectively.

While the substance, hope or assurance of faith is based on the general promises and blessings of God but the evidence of faith is based on specific scriptures that has appropriated the blessings or promises to you personally already. While the substance of the word tells you healing belongs to you but the evidence of the word tells you that you are already healed in Christ Jesus. God is not planning to heal you but has already healed you in Christ according to 1Peter 2:24; Matthew 8:17; Psalm 107:20. It is not your prayer or fasting or service in church or giving that will make God to heal you. Except of course you receive the spoken word of God to you personally to do any of these in order to receive your healing. Such may be substance of faith but not evidence of faith. Prayer, fasting, service, giving, etc are only how we position ourselves to receive the evidence of faith on what God has already provided in Christ Jesus. Grace be with you. Ephesians 1:3-14; Acts 17:28; Colossians 13-20; 2:9-15; 2Corinthians 5:17-21; John 1:12-13; 14:13-14; 16:23; 1John 3:1-2; Mark 5:25-43; Matthew 8:5-13; 28:18;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.
Re: Understanding What Faith Is. Part 63. by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
PastorSomba:
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 63. Hebrews 11:1, 6 (KJV) "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

63. The evidence of faith are those scriptures that personalize the promises and blessings of God to you. For example to be saved you must believe in your heart that Jesus died for you and accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour. According to John 3:16 Jesus came for the salvation of the world. His coming and dying for the world is only a substance of hope for salvation. But that will not save you unless you find an evidence of scriptures that tells you salvation belongs to you personally. It does not matter how holy you live, how long you pray and beg God and how much of your sins you confess, you can't be saved. Only finding the evidence and personalising it as required in Romans chapter ten will save you. Romans 10:9-10,13 (KJV) "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation...... For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
First, contrary to what many may like to believe, Hebrews 11 vs 1 does not contain a definition of the word faith . Rather what the writer does in the context is attempts a figurative comparison of faith with the evidence/substance, the promises of God, that come as a result of ir. Faith itself is not defined in the context of that passage. For this reason, the word faith, in the context, is used in reference to efforts made by such a person as Abraham while pointing out the evidence/benefits that resulted from such effort. undecided

God Himself explained what the word faith means in Genesis 26 vs 5 when He pointed out that the reason why He made a promise to Abraham had to do with the fact that Abraham lived his life in submission and obedience of His, God's, teachings and commandments - Faith. God gave that as the one and the only reason why He made Abraham His friend. This offer we observe Jesus Christ makes with all those of His followers who will do as He says - John 15 vs 9 -14 — those who will submit to and obey His teachings and commandments in the Kingdom of God. So, there you have it. Faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and teachings, and in our case, in Jesus Christ. This definition is observed as being used in the Old Testament as well as in the New Covenant by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Will Win. / God's Priorities For The Remnant (part One) / The Perfect Remedy For Life's Disappointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.