Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience (782 Views)

Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria / Students' Lodge In MOUAU, Umudike On Fire (Photos) / Richard Akindele, OAU Professor In Sex For Mark Accusation Scandal (Leaked Audio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by chukwumzurum(m): 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
I hope my post makes it on-top in this platform.
Nigeria needs to address it's educational institution from all sides.

Today, the 20th of February 2023 I made a trip to Micheal okpara University my school, since I was demised on time from work. Well, I am currently running a postgraduate course in the school, precisely in the department of Adult and Continuing Education. I had gone down to the school to pickup textbooks paid for and also submit an assignment. After standing awhile waiting for my course rep who had complained bitterly of her inability to get cash and long queue at the petrol station, I decided to sit on a Bench at the office area of the school, this section houses the office of the HOD.
This bench has been strategically positioned at the entrance into the college of Education (COED), which has been used by the students of the college. Unknown to me a note has been place on this bench which wasn't visible enough due to loosened gum used in holding it together, the note was already folded.
After waiting awhile, the said HOD *Prof Amadi Ugochukwu Poly* approach me asking if I was a student or staff. Which I politely affirmed I was a student. He told me to get up immediately else he would slap me to death, I was baffled at the unbecoming conduct of the said HOD of the dept. He asked if I was daft not to have seen the notes on the bench, at this moment my attention was shifted to the folded notes, which I read immediately. At this point he rained insults on me and physically attempted to scare me off quickly.
I got down approached him politely, and told him not to be rude to strangers.
At this point some of the lecturers (junior lecturers) were with him, he made attempts to slap me which I shoulder off, on seeing this one of the lecturers gave me a bunch on the face and topped it off with two resounding slaps..
I was practically dragged out of the college by staffs, at this point i wondered if I were still in a corporate environment or Ariaria market. At this point the HOD had assured me that so long as I was a student in the school he was out for me, that he had marked my face and was going to deal terribly with me. Imagine hearing this from your supposed HOD. As I was treated in this dehumanizing manner, I kept my cool, walked out of the college and school.
I Thought of any proper means of presenting my case and I just realised all odds would be against me.

I would like to plead with the relevant authorities to please look at this, Misconducts from people who should set educational standards shouldn't be condoled.

I will also like to use this medium to plead with the management of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture and the Federal Ministry of Education, to please look at this matter, I am at a point where i am ready to forfeit my educational pursuit to ensure justice is served.
This is the least of intimidations students face in higher institutions nation-wide.

The prof and lecture who assaulted me can be seen driving off the school premises on the attached pictures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by brain54(m): 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
What was written on the note…?

Seems you deliberately hid some details…

But the staffs/HOD went too far though.

I suspect you were rude!
Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by shuttox: 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2023
This is outside Gate6
Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by chukwumzurum(m): 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
Brain54
I politely and calmly approached the overtly pompous prof.
And this isn't a matter of being rude.
The level of intimidations students face seems to be getting worse.
I know issues like this were persistent during my first degree but back then lecturers knew their boundaries.

2 Likes

Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by chukwumzurum(m): 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
brain54:
What was written on the note…?

Seems you deliberately hid some details…

But the staffs/HOD went too far though.

I suspect you were rude!
The instructions on the note was "out of bound". On a public property which like I said I didn't see initially.
If speaking up to him was rude, then Yes!

1 Like

Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by brain54(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2023
chukwumzurum:

The instructions on the note was "out of bound". On a public property which like I said I didn't see initially.
Your demeanor also was not polite…

But like I said earlier he went too far by attempting to assault you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by BCASH(m): 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2023
Imagine if he was opportune to become the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and he will be part of those who will be blaming Aishat Buhari.

OP, kindly write a petition to the Students Affair, submit a copy to the VC office.

Try to get the name of all the Junior staff involve, insert their name.

2 Likes

Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by chukwumzurum(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
BCASH:
Imagine if he was opportune to become the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and he will be part of those who will be blaming Aishat Buhari.

OP, kindly write a petition to the Students Affair, submit a copy to the VC office.

Try to get the name of all the Junior staff involve, insert their name.

Alright
I'll do that
Thanks
Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by AndroidAI(m): 7:01am On Feb 21, 2023
Go and meet your college dean and table this matter. If dean isn't around, report to senate.

3 Likes

Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by immanuelsize: 11:16am On Feb 21, 2023
chukwumzurum:

then, you deserve the beating of your life for insulting your elder who is old enough to be your father and a prof. for that matter.
Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by immanuelsize: 11:22am On Feb 21, 2023
chukwumzurum:

Alright
I'll do that
Thanks
get sense and move on. All these people that are pushing to write to dean or vc are misleading you. You don't havd evidence to backup your claim. No witness to stand with you, no video or picture evidence of the said assult, no physical injury. The prof and those junior staff will deny ever setting their eyes on you. At the end, you will loose the case. Be wise!
Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by brain54(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2023
immanuelsize:

get sense and move on. All these people that are pushing to write to dean or vc are misleading you. You don't havd evidence to backup your claim. No witness to stand with you, no video or picture evidence of the said assult, no physical injury. The prof and those junior staff will deny ever setting their eyes on you. At the end, you will loose the case. Be wise!
I just Dey look am Dey laugh…

He will only end up frustrating his educational ambition.

He doesn’t know yet!
Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by immanuelsize: 11:40am On Feb 21, 2023
brain54:
I just Dey look am Dey laugh…

He will only end up frustrating his educational ambition.
He doesn’t know yet!
no mind am. Until dey push him enter fire, him eyes go clear.
Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by sharpwriter(m): 11:49am On Feb 21, 2023
chukwumzurum:
I hope my post makes it on-top in this platform.
Nigeria needs to address it's educational institution from all sides.

Today, the 20th of February 2023 I made a trip to Micheal okpara University my school, since I was demised on time from work. Well, I am currently running a postgraduate course in the school, precisely in the department of Adult and Continuing Education. I had gone down to the school to pickup textbooks paid for and also submit an assignment. After standing awhile waiting for my course rep who had complained bitterly of her inability to get cash and long queue at the petrol station, I decided to sit on a Bench at the office area of the school, this section houses the office of the HOD.
This bench has been strategically positioned at the entrance into the college of Education (COED), which has been used by the students of the college. Unknown to me a note has been place on this bench which wasn't visible enough due to loosened gum used in holding it together, the note was already folded.
After waiting awhile, the said HOD *Prof Amadi Ugochukwu Poly* approach me asking if I was a student or staff. Which I politely affirmed I was a student. He told me to get up immediately else he would slap me to death, I was baffled at the unbecoming conduct of the said HOD of the dept. He asked if I was daft not to have seen the notes on the bench, at this moment my attention was shifted to the folded notes, which I read immediately. At this point he rained insults on me and physically attempted to scare me off quickly.
I got down approached him politely, and told him not to be rude to strangers.
At this point some of the lecturers (junior lecturers) were with him, he made attempts to slap me which I shoulder off, on seeing this one of the lecturers gave me a bunch on the face and topped it off with two resounding slaps..
I was practically dragged out of the college by staffs, at this point i wondered if I were still in a corporate environment or Ariaria market. At this point the HOD had assured me that so long as I was a student in the school he was out for me, that he had marked my face and was going to deal terribly with me. Imagine hearing this from your supposed HOD. As I was treated in this dehumanizing manner, I kept my cool, walked out of the college and school.
I Thought of any proper means of presenting my case and I just realised all odds would be against me.

I would like to plead with the relevant authorities to please look at this, Misconducts from people who should set educational standards shouldn't be condoled.

I will also like to use this medium to plead with the management of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture and the Federal Ministry of Education, to please look at this matter, I am at a point where i am ready to forfeit my educational pursuit to ensure justice is served.
This is the least of intimidations students face in higher institutions nation-wide.

The prof and lecture who assaulted me can be seen driving off the school premises on the attached pictures

Take this to Twitter and tag as many authorities and human rights organizations as possible... People will see it more quickly there.

1 Like

Re: Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience by chukwumzurum(m): 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2023
sharpwriter:

Take this to Twitter and tag as many authorities and human rights organizations as possible... People will see it more quickly there.

I will do that right away.. maybe if it get much publicity it will be better.
Like I said I don't mind forfeiting the course. I can easily do my post-graduate in anyother school.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Top 5 School Management Softwares In Nigeria: A Comprehensive Comparison / Anambra State Lead Nigeria Mathematics Olympiad (photos) / Make Education Your Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.