Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain (928 Views)

Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda / Machina: I’m Still APC Yobe North Candidate, I Did Not Step Down / Osun Poll Null As INEC Excludes NRM Candidate, Says Ajulo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by vicdom(m): 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2023
A chieftain of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Muhammad Yakubu, has said that the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, is the endorsed candidate of the north for Saturday’s presidential election.

The PUNCH reports that the ACF through its Secretary-General, Murtala Aliyu, had, in a statement on Sunday, urged northerners and Nigerians to vote the candidate of their choice in the Saturday election.

The ACF had urged Northern voters to look out for a presidential candidate with clear and objective party manifestos and the character and track records of the candidates.

However, while addressing a press conference at the 11A Sokoto road Secretariat of the ACF in Kaduna on Monday, Yakubu, who is the National Assistant Auditor of the Forum, said from recent statements by notable northern elders such as Alhaji Zango Daura, Prof. Ango Abdullahi among others, the region had settled for Atiku for the poll.

The ACF chieftain, who is also the Convener, Atiku/Okowa Patriots, said the region was supporting Atiku not because he was a northerner but because he had the capacity and experience to take the country to the promised land.

He said, “The ACF came to be as a result of certain happenings in the country. The emergence of the ACF is to protect the northern interest and so far, so good, as we head to the polls in a couple of days, our elders, leaders in the likes of Alhaji Sani Zango Daura (the Danmasanin Daura), Prof. Ango Abdullahi, have given us a direction. Atiku is the candidate of the north and that is the direction we are going to follow.

“And that’s the candidate majority of northerners are going to vote for. So, this is one of the reasons that I called for the press conference and if there are other issues you guys want clarification, I am ready to give you answers. I am also the National Convener of Atiku/Okowa Patriots.”

Fielding questions on the reports yesterday by the ACF secretary-general that the Forum backed rotational presidency, Yakubu said, “It’s not true. That’s why I am holding this press conference. At no time did the ACF met to have taken that kind of decision. That kind of decision can either come from the National Executive Council or the National Working Committee. So, since none of these bodies had met, how would that kind of decision emerge. Either the press is misrepresenting the secretary-general or some […] people had concocted some stories.”

On whether the ACF is in support of his position, he said, “Of course, the ACF is established to protect the interest of the north and where is Atiku from? And let me give you a background story. If you have been following the ACF history, you will discover that at each point in time that the county is at crossroads, the ACF and the north usually come to stabilise the country.

“The north supported Obasanjo and he won; the north supported former President Goodluck Jonathan and Jonathan won. Each time the north supports anybody, not because that person is from the north. The north usually considers capacity and competence and integrity. These are the factors the north used to consider.

“The north is supporting Atiku not because Atiku is from the north. No, it’s because at this point in time, among the candidates we have now, it’s Atiku that has the capacity, the competence and the integrity and the reach out across the country.”

https://punchng.com/just-in-atiku-is-norths-candidate-says-acf-chieftain/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1676918109

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Malory: 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2023
Before nko? Obi is the real unifier.

8 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by shariff84: 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
All this is polical bruhaha,everybody has a right to choose the candidate of his/her choice.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
Malory:
Before nko? Obi is the real unifier.
E go soon shock you grin

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Malory: 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2023
Himtulie247:
E go soon shock you grin

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Ofunaofu: 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2023
angryEl
Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2023
grin[quote author=Malory post=121080391][/quote] That is why ............. E go Shock you grin

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by RemiTinubu(f): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2023
we know it all along
only my delusional husband supporters are being deceived.

dear husband Tinubu
please step down for Peter Obi so we can stand a chance.

I love Dino maleye ♥️ ♥️

4 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by WibusJaga: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2023

While Peter Obi is North's, South's, East's & West's candidate. kiss

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Asgard13: 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
PDP!!!!!

Power to the people
North 2023

Tinubu must contest

Must!!!

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Jalinspy(f): 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2023
Let's see where Tinubu will get his block votes.
Obi is best, but Atiku is better than Tinubu. Anything to stop Tinubu is a welcome development.
Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by goshikid: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
cheesy 😂😂😂😂😂

This breakfast go reach everybody o

Na small small
Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by OsunOriginal: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Apophenia24k: 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
RemiTinubu:
we know it all along
only my delusional husband supporters are being deceived.

dear husband Tinubu
please step down for Peter Obi so we can stand a chance.

I love Dino maleye ♥️ ♥️

Una no go kill person for NL 😆 😂 🤣

Please tell your husband to vote Obi
Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by RemiTinubu(f): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Apophenia24k:

Una no go kill person for NL 😆 😂 🤣

Please tell your husband to vote Obi
he ate agbado
I'm currently with Dino the LOML ♥️

we are Obidient 😘
Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by aariwa(m): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
Wonder how much Atiku gave them…those cursed can only bring harm to families of those who collect it because most time they bring it out straight from their shrines with all the curse incantations on it
Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by Jessewizzy: 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
Someone is just silent. Not all these noisemakers. Saturday, we go know how far.
Re: JUST IN: Atiku Is North’s Candidate, Says ACF Chieftain by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ofcourse we know already!

(1) (Reply)

CBN Has Released Cash For Elections – INEC / Oshiomhole Defeats Philip Shaibu Again In His Constituency / APC Propaganda:Nigerians Respond To Viral Video Of A Man Who Was Taken Off Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.