Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda (8590 Views)

3rd Term Agenda: President Buhari's Supporters Start Movement (Photos) / President Buhari Dines With NASS Leaders In Abuja(photos) / Valentine: 'Atiku My Val' Trends On Twitter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by vicdom(m): 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has said that he developed an intimate relationship with National Assembly members during his vice-presidential days which enabled them to stop the third term agenda of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Atiku disclosed this at the 2023 Presidential Campaign Organisation strategic engagement meeting with National Assembly candidates, on Sunday night, in Abuja.

He stated, “During my tenure as vice president, I developed a very intimate relationship with members of the National Assembly and it is that relationship that enabled us to stop the third term presidency attempt by President Obasanjo.

“I really look forward to re-engaging you as you return to the National Assembly for your functions from the constitution further to deepen democracy development and progress of our nation.”

The former vice president noted, “Our nation has found itself in one of the most challenging times in the history of this country. You know that we are more divided than ever because of the activities and policies of the current APC government. Saying likewise our security situation has gone from bad to worse, our economy is in shambles.

“If you are elected and I am elected you are not going to work with somebody unknown, somebody who doesn’t have the experience. Like what we have currently today, we have a president that doesn’t even understand what the National Assembly stands for. Facing an incumbent president and still making sure that he protects the constitution.”

The stakeholders resolved their covenant with Nigerians to reduce the cost of government through improving citizen oversight and a strong emphasis on curbing waste and cost reduction.

They also resolved to reduce multidimensional poverty by 40% over the next four years and put food on the tables of Nigerians again.

The communique reads, “We commit to improving transparency and accountability across the whole government

“We commit to the reduction of the cost of government through improving citizen oversight and a strong emphasis on curbing waste and cost reduction

“We commit to reducing multidimensional poverty by 40% over the next 4 years and putting food on the tables of Nigerians again.”

They further committed to reducing unsustainable national debts.

They resolved “to greater investment in education and infrastructure by incrementally increasing budgetary allocation starting from the next budget

“We commit to quick passage of bills that devolve more powers to subnational governments

“We commit to the reduction of the cost of government through improving citizen oversight and a strong emphasis on curbing waste and cost reduction

“We commit to reducing multidimensional poverty by 40% over the next 4 years and putting food on the tables of Nigerians again.”

They further committed to reducing unsustainable national debts.

They resolved “to greater investment in education and infrastructure by incrementally increasing budgetary allocation starting from the next budget

“We commit to quick passage of bills that devolve more powers to subnational governments

“We commit to securing Nigerians through robust conflict resolution mechanisms and improved welfare and funding of security agencies.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/my-relationship-with-nass-thwarted-obasanjos-third-term-agenda-atiku/

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by SLAP44: 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2023
Liar. You started opposing Obasanjo from his attempt at second tenure because you stole enough money and wanted to use northern influence to frustrate Obasanjo.

Obasanjo still dealt with you at the end by choosing Yar Adua.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Urheadmaster(m): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2023
tongue
Nigerians will thwart atikulooter political ambitions for returning back to be president after 8yrs as a vice presiden
tongue

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Naira20: 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2023
This guy keeps lying like Tinubu.
Both of them united in 2007 but still lost.

2023 both will still lose

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by jetguy(m): 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
story story....
next please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Coolsperm: 9:01pm On Feb 20, 2023
Although Atiku is far better than Tinubu but we prefer Peter Obi

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Penguin2: 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thank you for playing that part in Nigeria’s history.

But you must accept that your watch is over and it’s time for Peter Obi to resume his watch as will be affirmed by Nigerians on Saturday.

I know you miss Dubai 😏

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Buckeyemedia1: 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Obasanjo confirmed it las las that he regrets making atikulooter is vice President because of is dubious lifestyle tongue
Same Obasanjo that pdp brought from detention & made the Satan President?

General Obasanjo way be like Tafawa Balewa after he was released from Prison? Ungrateful Ape.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Buckeyemedia1: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
Penguin2:
Thank you for playing that part in Nigeria’s history.

But you must accept that your watch is over and it’s time for Peter Obi to resume his watch as will be affirmed by Nigerians on Saturday.

I know you miss Dubai 😏
Number 1 rule of the 48 Laws of Power & The Mafia, never outshine the Boss, Peter Obi is just a big Apga Judas.

Selfish Creature.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Buckeyemedia1: 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
Coolsperm:
Atiku better than Tinubu how, Vice President without portfolio? are you not aware that Lagos State is a country?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by ElSudani: 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
Traitor who spent years working against his boss.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Buckeyemedia1: 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
ElSudani:
Peter Obi’s Oga is who you are abusing like that?

5 Likes

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by ElSudani: 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Peter Obi’s Oga is who you are abusing like that?

What is the difference between him and Obi? Obi also left PDP without telling him. He probably found out in the news!
They are the same, men without principles.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Dspsalvate: 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
I don't understand!? So i must pay #5000 to collect 10000 ii deposited in my account 2weeks ago?
Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Hendrixky: 2:53am On Feb 21, 2023
OK
Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Nobody: 2:54am On Feb 21, 2023
Same way Nigerians will thwart your ambition

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Bubu4Sea: 2:55am On Feb 21, 2023
This Cameronian Man that lives in Dubai is talking in the Nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by TolaniLuv: 2:55am On Feb 21, 2023
Coolsperm:

If you can mention 5 ways he’s better than Tinubu.

I will dash you 20k Naira on Nairaland with receipts.

Tell me 5 ways Atiku use take better than Tinubu.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Treassured: 2:56am On Feb 21, 2023
Dspsalvate:
I don't understand!? So i must pay #5000 to collect 10000 ii deposited in my account 2weeks ago?

Yes offcourse.

Do you have any problem with the development?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by ecomalchemistt(m): 2:57am On Feb 21, 2023
Watched Jude bela's expository documentary on Atiku and the billions he squandered while he was VP on YouTube.

Omo, don't let history repeat itself with these old fools.

Nigeria will be nothing compared to south Sudan when they are done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by verybadmouth(m): 3:00am On Feb 21, 2023
TolaniLuv:

If you can mention 5 ways he’s better than Tinubu.

I will dash you 20k Naira on Nairaland with receipts.

Tell me 5 ways Atiku use take better than Tinubu.
Bro I need the 20k badly. I am100% voting for BAT but lemme help with a little comparison of the two to help correct the guy.

Comparing Tinubu and Atiku

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a Nigerian politician and a former governor of Lagos State, while Atiku Abubakar is a former Vice President of Nigeria. Both have played significant roles in the country's politics.

Here are some general points to consider when comparing Tinubu and Atiku:

Political Experience: Tinubu has been actively involved in Nigerian politics since the 1990s and has held various political positions, including serving as a senator and governor. Atiku has also been involved in politics for several decades and served as Vice President of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007.

Ideology: Tinubu is known for his political ideologies and has been a key figure in the All Progressives Congress (APC) party. Atiku has also been associated with several political parties and has sometimes been seen as switching sides.

Accomplishments: Tinubu is credited with the development of Lagos State during his tenure as governor. He initiated a number of infrastructural projects and implemented policies that helped to modernize the state. Atiku also has several accomplishments to his name, including initiating several reforms while serving as Vice President.

Popularity: Both Tinubu and Atiku have strong followings in Nigeria. Tinubu is widely respected and seen as a political kingmaker in the country, while Atiku has also garnered support from various groups over the years.

Criticisms: Like many politicians, both Tinubu and Atiku have been criticized for various reasons. Tinubu has been accused of corruption and abuse of power, while Atiku has faced criticism over his alleged involvement in corruption scandals.

Happy birthday to you @TolaniLuv. Bro, I will appreciate the 20k abeg. Make I use am see road this morning. Eko o ni Baje ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by Yankee101: 3:07am On Feb 21, 2023
No talk too much before elections
Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by 2mch(m): 3:10am On Feb 21, 2023
Lies, when Atiku was stealing so much comfortably!!! 3rd term would have benefitted him greatly. The whole country was ready to swallow National Assembly if they tried that nonsense. Yet Obasanjo now fancies himself a democrat to advise other Nigerian leaders while Atiku has the confidence to run for presidency.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:17am On Feb 21, 2023
Thanks God we have Peter

We would have had to choose between Bobrisky and James Brown

1 Like

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by lekonso: 3:22am On Feb 21, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

General Obasanjo way be like Tafawa Balewa after he was released from Prison? Ungrateful Ape.
Same Obasanjo still remains the best former president of Nigeria till date. Take it or leave it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by seguno2: 3:23am On Feb 21, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

Very ungrateful ape, I tell you.
Can you imagine how his own first child, Iyabo called him out for playing god over everyone?

SHOCKER: Atiku ‘saved Obasanjo from near bankruptcy’ before 1999

In the book, a copy of which was obtained by TheCable, the authors told of how Obasanjo beat late Alex Ekwueme to the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 1999 election.
Atiku was reportedly asked to join a team to Ogun to inform Obasanjo that he was going to run for the highest office in the land.

According to the book, “when Atiku and Obasanjo discussed the call to serve as president, Obasanjo said he could not be president because he was a nearly bankrupt ex-convict. Atiku, through General [Aliyu] Gusau, paid money into Obasanjo’s account to begin his financial rehabilitation.

“Head of State Abdulsalami Abubakar helped out by granting him an unconditional pardon. Atiku put everything he had at his disposal to support Obasanjo’s emergence as the PDP presidential candidate and, when he joined the ticket as the vice-presidential nominee, continued to make his assets available to Obasanjo and the campaign.

https://www.thecable.ng/shocker-atiku-saved-obasanjo-near-bankruptcy-emerged-president
Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by seguno2: 3:24am On Feb 21, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Atiku better than Tinubu how, Vice President without portfolio? are you not aware that Lagos State is a country?

Glorified ghetto that is polished with propaganda lies, to cover the huge loans for zero governance outcomes?

Can you compare ThiefNuibu’s packaged failures since 1999 to Jakande’s four years

oshozondii:
The Lagos State Government has borrowed over N126 billion domestically in the last quarter of 2021, the Debt Management Office (DMO) has said.

According to a report released by the DMO, Lagos, whose domestic debt stood at N532.12 billion as of September 30, 2021, is now owing N658.95 billion as at the end of December, 2021.

This represents an increase of N126.83 billion in the last three months of the year 2021, according to the DMO.

DAILY POST observed that Lagos is the State with the highest domestic debt figure as of the time under review.

Ogun State comes second with a total of N232.62 billion debt as of December.

Ogun’s debt profile rose from N192.41 billion to N232.62 within three months, making a debt increase of N40 billion.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/21/domestic-debt-lagos-borrows-over-n126bn-in-three-months-dmo-releases-other-states-figures/

Realdeals:
1. The first governor to present a billion Naira state budget in Nigeria.

2. He phased out the shift system in Lagos schools in three months. He built functional classrooms to absorb those who only attend schools for three hours a day.

3. He opened up what is now known as the Lekki Corridor.

4. He built the biggest Housing estate by a state government at Abesan, along with five other estates.

5. He built LASU, LACOED, LASPOTECH and Technical schools to absorb the products of the free education policy.

6 He built General Hospitals and Health centers in all the five divisions of Lagos. He also upgraded General Hospital Ikeja to the Medical arm of LASU.

7. He created the Agric hub at Oko Oba. He also created similar hubs in Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.

8. His government’s strict adherence to the party manifesto of Free Education, Free Health care, Rural integration and Housing for all, along with other UPN governors, created the largest pool of human resources in Nigeria.

9. He moved the Lagos State Government Secretariat from PWD to Alausa, which he built from scratch. He also lived in his personal house and drove his personal car throughout his tenure.

Gani Kayode Balogun Jr

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/showtime-people/2019/07/24/jakande-90-9-achievements-of-alhaji-lateef-jakande-as-lagos-governor/

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by lekonso: 3:25am On Feb 21, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:

Same Obasanjo still remains the best performing former president of Nigeria till date. Take it or leave it. All these nonsense happening today can't happen under former president Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by seguno2: 3:30am On Feb 21, 2023
lekonso:

Same Obasanjo still remains the best performing former president of Nigeria till date. Take it or leave it. All these nonsense happening today can't happen under former president Obasanjo

Jonathan is the best since 1999.
Atiku may outperform Jonathan because he has the geopolitical understanding that Jonathan lacked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by seguno2: 3:33am On Feb 21, 2023
ElSudani:

You don’t know what traitor means, just as you don’t know what patriot means.

Don’t confuse the two.
Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by seguno2: 3:37am On Feb 21, 2023
Bubu4Sea:
This Cameronian Man that lives in Dubai is talking in the Nonsense angry

Unlike the Benin Republic houseboy without certificates, who claims Iragbiji and Lagos?

Or unlike the Pandora liar who hides the money of Anambrarians in Panama while pretending to be a patriotic person?

Choose your poison.

bennybuhari:
“’I cannot take anything back about Obi. I said Obi said he wants to move Nigeria back from consumption to production and I said that is not true. He cannot do it because his own business survives on consumption. Is that a lie? He has been an importer and I said he deals with cash and carry economics; container economics, imports”.

“All the goods that can be produced in Nigeria, Obi imports them in his supermarkets. That is consumption economics. That kind of person cannot tell you that he is moving you from consumption to production. He will then be committing self-economic suicide and Obi will not do that to himself”.

“So, Obi is deceiving everybody and I can’t take that back because that is true. What I said about Asiwaju, I gave examples of his vision, knowledge and courage. There is none about Obi. You can’t point to any enduring legacy of Obi in his eight years as governor of Anambra”.

https://independent.ng/peter-obi-deceiving-everybody-i-wont-retract-my-statement-about-him-dele-alake/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Relationship With NASS Thwarted Obasanjo’s Third-Term Agenda by seguno2: 3:39am On Feb 21, 2023
2mch:
Lies, when Atiku was stealing so much comfortably!!! 3rd term would have benefitted him greatly. The whole country was ready to swallow National Assembly if they tried that nonsense. Yet Obasanjo now fancies himself a democrat to advise other Nigerian leaders while Atiku has the confidence to run for presidency.

If Atiku was stealing so much comfortably, as you labour to confuse us, please why did Obasanjo not deal with him using Ribadu’s EFCC, after 2003

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Tinubu’s Close Ally Confirmed Dead / Protest Over Removal Of Labour Party’s Sen. Nwokocha, Irresponsible - Abia PDP / Brass Petroleum And Gas Project To Be Completed By Q1 2027

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.