Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu (497 Views)

I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita / Naira Scarcity: I’m Suffering, My Family Don't Have Money To Cook – Orji Kalu / I Am Suffering From A Gang-Up - Bala Mohammed, Bauchi Governor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by gentleguy1975: 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
VANGUARD NEWS

February 20, 2023

Naira scarcity: I’m suffering, my family can not cook – Orji Kalu

Orji Kalu

By Miftaudeen Raji

The Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu said his family he and his family have been faced with the challenge of cash scarcity, adding that his could not get enough money to cook recently.

Kalu disclosed this in an interview on Channels Television’s programme, The 2023 Verdict on Monday.

“You can see the policy is right but I don’t keep money in my house. I am suffering.

“The other day, my house manager told my wife in Abuja that we have no money to cook food. My wife was virtually roaming around and we feed over 250 people every day. It is a problem to me and to everybody.”

Kalu lamented the scarcity of the naira owing to the currency redesign policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.

The former Abia State governor rued the scarcity of banknotes following the CBN’s currency redesign policy.

Recall that the Supreme Court ruled that the old N1,000, N500, and N200 banknotes were still valid.

But, President Muhammadu Buhari last week only extended the usage of the N200 notes till April 10, 2023, rendering others as non-legal tenders.

The move angered several governors especially those of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, who maintain that the old banknotes should be used in their states.

Kalu said he would have obeyed the Supreme Court’s order on the naira notes if he were the Nigerian president.

He said, “This is why if I am in the position of the Mr President as I have told you before, I will listen to the Supreme Court judgement. The Supreme Court to me, whether they are right or wrong, Mr President should obey the law and ask his Attorney General to put a review to the Supreme Court.”

The senator representing Abia North, however, said the cash crunch won’t affect his party – APC’s – chances of winning the presidential election.
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by rickpat(m): 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
continue deceiving yourself...when.you go to the most expensive malls and buy all you want with an ATM card which you must have funded for your domestic staff to go shopping... POLITICANS lie alot

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by Jashub: 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
Another criminal who should be hanging from a noose is boldly saying his family can't feed. Nonsense undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by Timatayo1: 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
The suffering will continue in your life Amen
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by habsydiamond(m): 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ur family can't cook... who u dey deceive... we understand all una pranks.... na policy that will after politicians would have affected the masses 10times or more before affecting them once. Don't believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a politician cos probability that there is no truthfulness in it is very high

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by Coolsperm: 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2023
Imagine this fool who is romancing a dead wood like Tinubu to be a president, Tinubu is the major cause of this currency problem, Tinubu stole money Tru bullion van during last election
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
Another APC chartalan

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by gaby(m): 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
May nature, life, and the spirits answer this prayer of yours...

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by SmartPolician: 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2023
Imagine! You feed 250 people every day and probably need 1k to feed them. People who this policy affect the most are those who take public transport and go to open markets.

If OUK is actually feeding 250 people every day, then he won't be spending less than 40 - 60k every day. In that case, you must be buying from a seller who accepts transfers because nobody should expect anyone to hand that money in cash at this time.
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by Dotherightthing: 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2023
Only piiggiiddioootts are suffering and smiling at this time just because they think Tinubu is being targeted. angry

Piiggiidiotts amaka cheesy
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by Naijanascam: 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
Keep decieving yourself and who ever believes this crap must be a lunatic

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2023
LION KING
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by Bluntguy: 12:31am On Feb 21, 2023
This one that just promised Mater dei catholic cathedral 1m every month for the next five months is here talking nonsense. He is the only Igbo urchin that I know.
Re: Naira Scarcity: I Am Suffering, My Family Can't Cook -orji Kalu by Felabrity: 12:51am On Feb 21, 2023
Na that suffer go kee you

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Caught Posting Fake News On Old Naira,cbn Reacts / Anambra Has Never Bought Me A Bottle Of Water After Leaving Office- Peter Obi / What's Atikus Presidency Means For The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.