Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. (18708 Views)

Five Killed As Boat Capsizes In River Niger (Graphic Photos) / 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes In Lagos / Pastor Shedrack Bako, 4 Others Drown As Boat Capsizes In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by omoyeni37: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2023
humberjade:

While I have my reservations about Tinubu's aspirations, please spare us, with pictoral evidence, what did Obi do as Anambra Governor biko?

Again, Nigeria is so unfortunate to have the leading trio as their only viable options. Like the others, Obi is as clueless and corrupt as they come, albeit, corruption get levels.

Every perceived messaih in Nigeria ends up being a colossal failure...GEJ without shoes, Buhari with his anti corruption mantra and now a repackaged fraud.
God bless you for this comment, nigerians are so easy to deceive walai

1 Like

Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by SLAP44: 8:05am On Feb 21, 2023
[quote author=humberjade post=121091038][/quote]

In the end,

1. You resurrected an old thread when Peter Obi was still being attacked in his early days in office, not threads of when he has completed his works and getting accolades.

2. You failed to mention any other politician better than Peter Obi in Nigeria.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by EagleSquare1(m): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2023
So who says Anambra is not economically viable, or that Obi couldnt have done so much for Anambra and 'whole of West Africa' in 4 years.
Remember, Obi was also a governor and 'refused to spend state money on the state' but preferring to stock it in Fidelity Bank, his private bank.

SLAP44:
Lagos would have been a world class city if not that Tinubu continues to loot the state dry.

If Peter Obi was the governor of Lagos State for just 4 years, Lagos would be having enough budget to feed the whole of West Africa. But one man has ruined the city and made it poor, go to Ajegunle, and any other slums in Lages, Tinubu refused to spend state money on the state, preferring to stock his loot so he can use it to bribe the people whom he had made poor.

Please don't vote for people with Questionable characters, vote for verified candidates.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by SLAP44: 8:11am On Feb 21, 2023
EagleSquare1:
So who says Anambra is not economically viable, or that Obi couldnt have done so much for Anambra and 'whole of West Africa' in 4 years.
Remember, Obi was also a governor and 'refused to spend state money on the state' but preferring to stock it in Fidelity Bank, his private bank.

At least he stocked the money somewhere, show me where Tinubu stocked his own.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Misterone: 8:27am On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:
Lagos would have been a world class city if not that Tinubu continues to loot the state dry.

If Peter Obi was the governor of Lagos State for just 4 years, Lagos would be having enough budget to feed the whole of West Africa. But one man has ruined the city and made it poor, go to Ajegunle, and any other slums in Lages, Tinubu refused to spend state money on the state, preferring to stock his loot so he can use it to bribe the people whom he had made poor.

Please don't vote for people with Questionable characters, vote for verified candidates.
This is how lazy and unintelligent people think. They feel if they are given opportunity to manage money they will generate more than that rich man that started from scratch. maybe you think the IGR of Lagos state grew overnight. Obi that could not even grow Anambra IGR. Go to Onitsha or Awka, what did he do there? Ajegunle is even cleaner than Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by AmotekunSW: 8:36am On Feb 21, 2023
mhiztalee:

If i slap you... Under which stupid tinubu tenure Better go and return the corn you collected make your eye for clear....

Who is this barren, ugly wretch? It seems the curses of your mother have caught up with you.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:36am On Feb 21, 2023
Malory:
Chai. It shall never be well with Tinubu.

Including you and your family.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by lagosrd: 8:41am On Feb 21, 2023
LeopardX:
This is not lag ferry.

It's whose ferry ?
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by LeopardX: 9:02am On Feb 21, 2023
lagosrd:

It's whose ferry ?
Privately owned.
Just like we have lag owned BRT buses and normal danfo buses plying the road.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Diligent1(f): 9:02am On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

They have come again with tribalism in an open argument. Whenever someone points out thr stealing of public funds, some criminals will hide under their ethnic umbrella to change the matter to tribal ranting to shield their corrupt tribesmen.

Oga, we all have stakes in Lagos and we want the state to be better. This is a Lagos thread, stop talking about other states.

Tankio.
So your state does not matter, you can't see how foolish you are
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Diligent1(f): 9:11am On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

Peter Obi stocked the money and you people were hungry and came to Lagos state to hawk gala and coca
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Quantumheight(m): 9:12am On Feb 21, 2023
Please tell me one single project peter obi embark on in 8 years in Anambra when he was governor.please I will love to hear it and mind you.we Yoruba will always held out politicians accountable for any position entrusted to them that's why you witness massive development in the southwest
ote author=SLAP44 post=121089042]Lagos would have been a world class city if not that Tinubu continues to loot the state dry.

Please don't vote for people with Questionable characters, vote for verified candidates. [/quote]
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by SLAP44: 9:15am On Feb 21, 2023
Quantumheight:
Please tell me one single project peter obi embark on in 8 years in Anambra when he was governor.please I will love to hear it and mind you.we Yoruba will always held out politicians accountable for any position entrusted to them that's why you witness massive development in the southwest
ote author=SLAP44 post=121089042]Lagos would have been a world class city if not that Tinubu continues to loot the state dry.

Peter Obi seized the Federal roads in Onitsha, chased away the incompetent Federal government contractors and mounted a 10 lane expressway that leads to the South South states. The roads are still there for all to see. Peter Obi is incomparable with any Nigerian politician. Peter Obi and Tinubu are not mates in project delivery.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Quantumheight(m): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

You are busy talking about Lagos when your present and past governors stole your state dry and you all migrate to the south west in pursuit of greener pastures.What did peter obi your messiah did in Anambra that justified him to be the president of nigeria.he was there for 8 good years and your region is still under developed but one thing I like about a Igbo person is you never fault your politicians but put all d blame and tragedy on tinubu
My friend, security is a national issue, both the police and army are controlled by the federalgovernment. , we are talking state government money and how Lagos has been looted dry.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by placeofallure(f): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

I doubt. Obi is clueless so he wouldn't have any idea what to do with the resources even if he has it.

What did he do to Anambra's money before he left the office? He went to keep it with banks, his inclusive. He's like the servant in the Bible who buried his talent because he is bereft of ideas to multiply the money.

Why would Obi keep All the money for sanity's sake? Has he solved ALL the problems besieging Anambra? He could use part of the money to improve the state but Mba! Sense yaff travelled.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Allisgud: 9:23am On Feb 21, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

This thread never mentioned Tinubu but you ignorantly brought him into it like he's responsible for your dilapidated state!

I don't get. Make me understand.
if they can mention tinubu for the recent infastructural achievement,then we can also blame him for the woes
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by mhiztalee(m): 9:23am On Feb 21, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Who is this barren, ugly wretch? It seems the curses of your mother have caught up with you.
May your sisters, daughters be barren ...
And for your info mumu, laswa was established under fashola... Tout
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Exceed15: 9:55am On Feb 21, 2023
May God bless the rescue team. There shall be no loss in their lives
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by olatbs(m): 10:15am On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

My friend, security is a national issue, both the police and army are controlled by the federalgovernment. , we are talking state government money and how Lagos has been looted dry.

The only people i see that talks about lagos in a negative way are the igbobians or ipobians who are just ungrateful and we call them opportunist too. You came all the way from your eastern village and came to a lagos the same man you are attacking governed and did his best that even till now no eastern governors has reach quarter of his achievement in lagos here and you will be talking trash. Why not take you east where your lieing Obidient came from and see all what he has done and if he ever changed anything. The Bat that made alaba one of the best electronics market with security and less tax from everyone of you guys. The same Bat that made ikeja computer village a market place where the easterners call a place for them jusy cos of the love he has for them. He also didnt demolish ladipo cos most of your eastern governors and senators has warehouse there. Now, you come online and tell we the westerners who is looting and who is not.. even if he looted is not for an opportunist like you to talk about him to us. Have you forgotten when you Obidient was caught in lekki with a huge sum of money and lied to efcc that he came pay contractors. Which governor does that?.. you had better open your eyes and heart to see thay you are just blinded by a pretentious man claiming to be a saint.
I just dont know what these people that follows Obidient thinks.. you see a guy that loot your allocation to building his family business and the business is not even adding to the development.of the state only to his account.. or have you forgotten how obj covered him up when a huge sum was found in his daugther who was just 21yrs account.. or have you forgotten the massacre him and obj did when obi was the governor. . Have you forgotten the months your doctors stayed at home jusy because he refused to pay them the same way others are paying their doctors..
Lemme tell you cos you wont know.. i went Government secondary school when Tinubu was in power and i payed less for quality education. Im a civil engineer now. After he planed the mega city, im still employed amongst those building the city. Lots of things of such we enjoyed.in lagos. Or is it how he raised the pay of govt workers even when obj refused to give him allocation and ofcourse obi knows about it and then obi was busy using allocation money to building his family beering.company.
My guy, let lagos people tell you how generous this man you been shouting looted lagos money his and you will.know that you are jusy an opportunist wanted you man to just get there without even reading presidencies of works and dones.. if you are a westerner and you are saying all this then you are such an ingrate cos you didnt ask.your parent.how this man impacted in them. Also, if you are an easterner and you know your parent have been in lagos during BAT reign then you are an ungrateful brat cos you didnt ask your parent how they enjoyed sanity under his reign or ur people might have clouded their mind to the biasement of the ethnic equalities of jusy wanting ur man to be there by force..
Nigerians think well
Lagos think well
BAT is most qualified
Lets make Nigeria a bigger lagos.

1 Like

Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by obagofizzy(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2023
More precautions should be taken there , most of this captains already knows how to swim , imagine on our way going , our boat stopped in the middle of the water , I mean the biggest side , where do I swim from , wetin carry me enter water , the captain was not even boarded about what is happening, the problem of the boat offing was because of plug, omo this people in mile 2 De use person life play
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by finni(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2023
Ninu, just look at the way Peterobi turned Anambra State to China.
SLAP44:

Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by MrColdsweat: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

Lagos is a giant slum.

Rotimi Amechi 2015
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by humberjade: 11:43am On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

In the end,

1. You resurrected an old thread when Peter Obi was still being attacked in his early days in office, not threads of when he has completed his works and getting accolades.

2. You failed to mention any other politician better than Peter Obi in Nigeria.

1. The thread was two and half years from the end of his tenure, a period when we know how lax Governors and Presidents in Nigeria can be; slowing down when nothing is at stake again. What kinda miracle can a Governor perform that he hasn't in 5½ years? grin

And regarding improving the State's IGR, he is the worst of all civilian governors of the State since the return of democracy.

2. Isn't it obvious by now that we do not need any of the current generation of politicians? We need technocrats to fix the country. Obi has always been part of the generation that screwed us over. Same fellow that was in bed with one of the most corrupt black men of all time until late last year.

Personally, I would have preferred a neutral outside the current blood sucking lots. Although I can't vote, but I pray it is anybody but Atiku.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by renderme: 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
lagosrd:
See the kind of boats they are using for a water that big, the tide will surely take over the boat when it comes strong. Lasg should try and get bigger and a little bit heavy ones and stop this fantasy arrangement. Well we bless God for the lives saved by the first responders.
Ode. That is not a Lagos state ferry. The name is written in the report. They have public transport and private transport on Lagos waterways and also have accident response. Something unheard of wherever U come from.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Litmus: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
walexGodson:
May God help us in this country call Nigeria

And other countries too - boats, trains, automobiles and airline accidents abound world wide.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

I'm from Lagos State. Leave us alone. Face your state and your incessant problems.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by SLAP44: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
hifocus:

I'm from Lagos State. Face your state and your incessant problems.

Oh yeah, am from Scotland and from the Royal family, everyone c an be anything online.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2023
SLAP44:

Oh yeah, am from Scotland and from the Royal family, everyone c an be anything online.

I know Lagos State feels like U.S to backward people. That's why it's hard for you to believe that Lagos State has its own indigenes. Smh.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by lagosrd: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
renderme:

Ode. That is not a Lagos state ferry. The name is written in the report. They have public transport and private transport on Lagos waterways and also have accident response. Something unheard of wherever U come from.

You're a dunes claiming to be from Lagos. Eyin Omo atokowabaleje. You can't comprehend simple sentence. Afori
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by Irebade(f): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
Tribalism or ethnicity will take us no where.It’s our turn to take back, what belongs to us from the Politicians.They get richer and better every four years,while the citizens become poorer.They don’t like nor care about us , please let’s do justice with our PVC on Saturday.The will of God will be done in Jesus name.
Re: 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes Near Third Mainland Bridge. by EagleSquare1(m): 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2023
You don't need to stock money but expend it on necessities, especially when it is limited.

SLAP44:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transitioning From Ppr To Landing In Canada / Picture Update Of Some Ongoing Projects In Nigeria / Train Hits A Trailer In Kawo Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.