Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Is Open University An Option For Me ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Open University An Option For Me ? (856 Views)

National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / Federal Polytechnic Bida 2011/2012 Admission Is Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Open University An Option For Me ? by landre: 2:48am On Aug 30, 2007
Hi Everyone,
Am in my late twenties and really desire to have a degree but cant leave my job because have got responsibilities.However am considering starting a degree in the open university[uk] am in uk and very passionate about this course, i know its not going to be easy but i need to hear from someone that has done this before.

Thanks
Re: Is Open University An Option For Me ? by babygurl19(f): 1:55pm On May 25, 2009
open university abroad is very okay apart from the fact that its very stressful combining with your work but i think determination is what matters. the degree is the same bachelor so i will advice u go ahead. goodluck
Re: Is Open University An Option For Me ? by sabro(m): 5:48pm On May 25, 2009
I can understand your problem. I was once in such mess of not knowing what decision to take. But I was able to sort it out by writing a professional examination in public relations (NIPR Diploma). From the way it is, I think by the grace of God I can afford to feed my family, pay my rent and children's school fees.

I do not know what profession you are looking at. But I want to assure you that every profession has its own professional examination bodies. The plus is that professional qualifications are accepted for post graduate programmes. I am only giving you an advice. This option to me is better than remaining a School Certificate holder or going through an Open University. Human Resources on its own seems to discriminate against open studies. They do not see the modality of study as rigorous and imparting enough. The choice is left for you. But remember, make hay while the sun shines.
Re: Is Open University An Option For Me ? by kole1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2010
MR.SABRO, sir, thanks for your helpful and matured contribution about NIPR. i have O/L  and A/L. Am really interested but i only have weekends for myself. Sir, pls, lead me. i want to write the next exams.

(1) (Reply)

Any Certificate Related To Ond / Student Of Nigeria Uni Of Nsukka Please Help Me Out / Unibuja Resumption Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.