Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign (514 Views)

Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa / Naira Redesign: You Must Put Arabic Sign On Every Note - MURIC To CBN / Gumi Rejects Naira Redesign, Describes It As Economic Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
Don't tell me the government is trying to curb vote buying.

Don't tell me it will address corruption

Don't tell me that is the best way to mop up excess cash in the circulation

Don't tell me the policy will strengthen the naira

Don't tell me it will create employment

Don't tell me it will reduce inflation.

Tell me one economic or social benefit of the naira redesign
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by BRIMBRAM: 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2023
grin

The only reason is so that after Tinubu wins. There will be no reason to say he bought his way through.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by FatherOfJesus: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Long term: to curb corruption and kidnapping. Track all financial process and also make sure that funds circulate within the financial system. This will help to reduce money laundering and public funds looting.

Short term:To stop corrupt polticians like in the APC from buying votes during election

3 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by FatherOfJesus: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ttalk:

you listed all the benefits but you are not willing to accept them because you are bent on denial.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2023
This is a serious issue that requires the input of all Nigerians, Nigerians should not be seen to be this docile that government policy cannot be evaluated and popular public opinion derived to know the merit and demerit of the government policy
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by FatherOfJesus: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ttalk:
This is a serious issue that requires the input of all Nigerians, Nigerians should not be seen to be this docile that government policy cannot be evaluated and popular public opinion derived to know the merit and demerit of the government policy
Stop crying. The cash policy stands and there's no amount of blackmail from Urchins will make them reverse.

We can't sell this country for your own personal interests

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
you listed all the benefits but you are not willing to accept them because you are bent on denial.

To be candid an at a loss about the benefit of this policy.

I would so much appreciate if you can explain how how those points are the benefit of money redesign
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by FatherOfJesus: 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ttalk:

To be candid an at a loss about the benefit of this policy.

I would so much appreciate if you can explain how how those points are the benefit of money redesign
I have explained it earlier
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Long term: to curb corruption and kidnapping. Track all financial process and also make sure that funds circulate within the financial system. This will help to reduce money laundering and public funds looting.

Short term:To stop corrupt polticians like in the APC from buying votes during election

To curb corruption and kidnapping: what happens to sim registration and bvn that covers identity and transactions of individual.

How does fund circulate when people in rural area where there are no network is cut out of the system without cash?

People that laundered money never used physical cash. You don't open ' Pandora accounts with physical cash. Most are done via electronic transactions.

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by stabilizer: 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2023
To reduce customers at Ashawo joint
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2023
Imagine a Deputy Bursar of LASU died yesterday while trying to withdraw 5000naira cash from an ATM.

What about millions that are losing their lives daily because they can't access their cash?
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by FatherOfJesus: 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ttalk:

To curb corruption and kidnapping: what happens to sim registration and bvn that covers identity and transactions of individual.
bVN cannot track money laundering in cash, Sim card identity cannot resolve the issue of using another person's registered number to commit fraud and kidnapping. You think a kidnapper will be stupid enough to use him own registered sim card to carry out the crime?

How does fund circulate when people in rural area where there are no network is cut out of the system without cash?
every part of the country has gprs network. USSD transfer can work there. Again, large monies are not usually been paid for business transactions in rural areas, it's why there a 20k limit per day which can work well in rural area plus USSD code.

People that laundered money never used physical cash. You don't open ' Pandora accounts with physical cash. Most are done via electronic transactions.

money luandering is usually done in physical cash. No politician will allow you transfer money from government or contractor accounts via bank transfer that can be tracked, they prefer it via cash they can stash in their houses and that cannot be traced.
Polticians are not as unintelligent as you are. Please dont try to launder money via bank transfer, you will be caught immediately
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
stabilizer:

Haaaaaaa no more hookups and weekend clubbing?
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by FatherOfJesus: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
stabilizer:
omo, Ashawo dey collect transfer oo. Look at this one
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by kokoA(m): 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
More money in the banking system, with this CBN can easily control moneytry policies.
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Digitron: 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
Controlling Inflation
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
kokoA:
More money in the banking system, with this CBN can easily control monetary policies.

Good more liquidity in the bank. The question is will that translate to reducing the lending rate.

I remember this is one of the causes of the rift between Kemi Adeosun and Emefiele when the woman was still finance minister
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by kokoA(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ttalk:

Good more liquidity in the bank. The question is will that translate to reducing the lending rate.

I remember this is one of the causes of the rift between Kemi Adeosun and Emefiele when the woman was still finance minister
It should but well, this is Nigeria.. undecided
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 3:58pm On Feb 21, 2023
Digitron:
Controlling Inflation

How does it control inflation, presently your 1000 in your bank account is less than 700naira when you need cast to buy some basic items.

More money for bank service and network provider does not translate to more money for the populace
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by 3ple9iner: 4:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
I don't think the government has told us the real reason for the redesign. How would a government that gave people cash in 2019 as trader monie, does conditional cash transfer, gives people free money in cash with different names now claim that they want to reduce the money in circulation, how na.
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by jmoore(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ttalk:

Go and ask Buhari. He's fighting kwaruption.
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by ganisucks(f): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ttalk:

So, you're still on this journey?!
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Taba21: 4:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ttalk:

It is naira recoloured not naira redesign.
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
3ple9iner:
I don't think the government has told us the real reason for the redesign. How would a government that gave people cash in 2019 as trader monie, does conditional cash transfer, gives people free money in cash with different names now claim that they want to reduce the money in circulation, how na.

You are making sense sir
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
ganisucks:

So, you're still on this journey?!

Set in man go do na
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Ttalk: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
Taba21:

It is naira recoloured not naira redesign.

anyone you call it
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by Searchingvictor: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
Just unnecessary hardship
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by dododawa1: 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2023
Just to suffer NIGERIANS due to inbuilt wickness of BUHARI EMEFELIE
Re: What Could Be The Genuine Reason For Naira Redesign by jude79(m): 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2023
Money was printed recklessly to pay workers, remember, this was after the dollar earning in CBN vaults had been siphoned by three factor, 1) family of those in power, buying at lower rate and selling to mallam beareu de change, 2) remember what Peter obi said about dollar in hands of politicians instead of manufacturers and business men, 3) balancing the books after laundering what's in CBN vaults
The money outside the banking corridor was used to replace this loots,
Thus when you have millions in deposit, the money both in banks 6× and outside the banking corridor 4× sums up to 10×, while looted money amounts to 8x, giving 80% of overall money, meaning that 80% of both 4× and 6× was collected from nigerians, allowing only 0.8× outside the banking corridor and 1.2× in the vaults, totalling 2.0x as real money and 8.0 turned into virtual cash, reason why virtual money transfer is preferred.
The overall hustle of Nigerians is being forced to fill this vacuum, but the actual money that is filling this vacuum is remittance from nigerians abroad, while government Robs this remitted real money in your pocket to replace the money they stole.

(1) (Reply)

Benue Gov Ortom Shows Ballot Paper After ‘voting’ For Obi - Photos / Breaking News - Kwara State Election Results: Apc Leads / Igbos Can Leave Lagos Space Of 2 Years Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.